Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest hrmmmhum

^ I think I read it being too fast to dance to on Youtube

If they're doing a powerful or fierce dance, it seems like it would be hard to do quickly

However, I do think that a dance intended to be more cute/lively/upbeat would be able to match a song at that tempo, too

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 00laua00

This is my first post but I can't stay in silence jeje

I don't understand this disapointment, I'm agree that Be my Baby maybe is not the best, but is catchy enough and could be a great song, we only listen 30''. This previews sound good for me, the worst is not listening Yoobin...

Guest chanounette

Usually, JYP mislead the fans by using a different song (the remix for most) with the teasers but the concept always fit so I think we have to wait for the full MV. Don't be to quick to judge. ^_^

Yeah it's true ^^. But when I watched/listened to "tell me" - "nobody" or "2DT" teasers I've always find the same feeling in the full song... I don't know how to say this (I don't find the word). I don't say that the preview of be my baby doesn't sound good , it's just too different from what we heard in the teasers - even if we didn't heard a lot in the teasers lol. Music is a question of taste - at this moment I like all the other preview better- but it'll perhaps change when I'll listen the full song .

Anyway, I think that we're thinking too much about this. After all this time WG are back, so we should focus on this fact! And yeah I can"t wait for the MV :-)

Hahah, I noticed the "wg", too, and thought the same thing! ^^

But about the K-WFs' bulk order -- will that apply to anyone outside of Korea?

Yup that bulk order is for international WonderFuls and information about it will be released on the 7th ^^

Korean WonderFuls Bulk order is already taking place :)

Be My Baby = I'm hearing the driving backbeat (sans tambourines) typically associated with the Motown Sound. JYP still retro? The song excerpt does sound a bit seasonal but not necessarily so (what are the Korean lyrics about?). It's actually quite good. Definitely not overstructured like 2DT or The Boys which, in hindsight, is a relief. [Edit: Heard the English version. No accents, as far as I can tell!]

G.N.O. = It's Hi-NRG, like I Wanna. Should be a crowd pleaser as a concert opener. Kinda what I was expecting One Night Only to sound like if WG had covered it for Korea.

Me, In = Thanks for the link to the original. WG made it more pop but the rock sensibility remains. Love the call-&-response vocal stylings. My favorite of the previews but it's probably too Westernized for Kpop. Fits the 'fierce' concept, though.

Nu Shoes = is this Sohee's solo? Another Motown-esque song with the driving beat. Looks like the excerpt is the bridge & chorus parts. Can't wait for the English version, if this is to be part of the US album.

Girls Girls = Sounds more like an album track. More mid-tempo, as compared to the other 4. The only one that's too abbreviated to form any opinion, for me.

- - - - - - - -

Wish they had used the second preview photo for the album cover. The chosen one is not as memorable.

- - - - - - - -

question: if i make a "playlist" in YT that counts or not?

Yes, playlist views are valid. Same for YT annotations, subscriptions, video responses, et al. They are part of Youtubers' sharing network.

YT might include internal checks by logging IP addresses or whatever, but playlists usually rank high on YT search results & so hundreds of viewers could be playing your list. That's grabbing the eyeballs the "right way" (no overt viewership fraud or manipulation), from their perspective. Even if set on autoplay (or more accurately, auto-load), a 4-minute playlisted MV will need half a day to reach 200x per IP, if the latter is indeed the prescribed limit. Just don't be too obsessed about it.

Guest beebella89

WFs remember, we will start trending #ReadyForWONDERGIRLS 4 hours BEFORE the actual release of the mv. Also add in BE MY BABY in every tweet WITHOUT the hashtag

Cr:Wonderfacts

Guest thanhnam

This is what I'm hearing from Be My Baby (English Version):

[YeEun]

Please be my baby

Please be my baby

Now I don't wanna wonder anymore boy

I gotta hear you say the words, say the words oo~

[sunYe]

Make me your lady

Cuz I'm going crazy

I want chu and I want the world to know that

I'm your baby and I know you feel the same yeah~

[soHee]

Talking, do you hear a word that I'm sayin

I'm so tired of playin these games with you

omg the songs preview !!!!~

i love all songs , seriously ...

be my baby ... cant wait for the mv !!!~ they are more pop and i love it ,,,... nice melody

nu shoes sound so cute .. that s so hee''s voice so fit with the song

and yeeun truely artist not just an idol now !~ this girl 's so amazing !!~

Guest hrmmmhum

I totally see WG performing G.N.O in concert, too<3

I like the "call & response" in Me, In, too : )

I hear SunYe in the beginning/bridge of Nu Shoes so I'm not really sure about it being Sohee's solo.

I don't know if it's because of the new picture, but I'm only now seeing the pattern the used for the sleeves in the logo on the album cover! Very cool :]

EDIT:

ACTUALLY, I think I see what you mean about Nu Shoes being Sohee's solo -- she had the solo in the movie!

And dance is Sohee's forte so I could actually see her singing this as a scene in the movie.

Guest crazycindaye

OMFG I SERIOUSLY DIDN'T REALLY LIKE BE MY BABY AT FIRST coz it sounded all cute and stuff but like i'm acted to the chorus and it's suck in my head o.o Starting to like it ... but i can't wait for the full thing though i would love to see the girls do the other songs live as well !

Some of their songs have are ery westernise which for me as an international fan like very much :)

Had a look at Chinese forums for feedback. Early reviews: The majority were getting used to WG's new direction, so I didn't take their initial comments ("there's nothing as memorable" etc.) too seriously. 

Many mentioned that Be My Baby is too fast for their ears; they wondered if it is the remix version. No one linked it to Xmas yet. Some said it's reminiscient of missA's assertive image.

Nu Shoes & G.N.O. are the early C-WFs' favorites. Many positive posts about Sohee's vocals.

There's a comment that Girls Girls sounds the most saccharine. I agree with her: it's the most Kpop-sounding track (not pure bubblegum but quite nice Korean-style light R&B pop).

No opinions about Me, In yet. But they have re-posted the info that it's a cover version. No one has uploaded the original version on Tudou for comparison, though.

Now the debate is hotting up as counter-opinions are posted....

- - - - - -

EDIT: This just came to mind. The lead single sounds very compact & like a steamroller kind of song. Wonder if one can fit fanchants into it?

Guest hikaru_orange

i LOVE all the preview songs even it's only 30s..how can a WonderFuls be disappointed when they only heard a 30s preview..

we have waited for almost 1 years and half for WG to release their new songs and with 30s preview many of them disappointed again..

how can we trend #ReadyforWondergirls if most of wonderfuls didn't support them..

p.s: u can thumb down to my comment if u didn't like it..it just my opinion..please wait for real MV to come out 1st if you really want to dislike the song..

Guest freakloverxx

OMG i really love the Eng version.... <3333

its different from kpop.and most importantly, i can sing along with them.

God comeback faster please!!

i love my girls..

sohee ah, u improved s much,yenny u could passed up as real artist, yubin, where are u??

lim and sun, u girls are forever jjang!!

Guest RealQueensWonderGirls

when i first heared the song i was like  .. omg what is this?  .. but when you start hearing it repeatedly fell in love with the song ..

JYP never lied to us xD .. it's the same thing as the 2nd teaser .. yeah .. all of us were expecting the sound of the teaser .. but the same goes for the 2DT teaser .. it is for korean fans mostly so we should wait and see the full thing .. the girls are so amazing on stage so we can expect something really amazing

G:N.O .. omg actually my favorite in this album along with Be my Baby

edit: everyone is disappointed when our girls are just giving us new songs .. we should be thankful .. the song is really good and you are gonna love it tomorrow .. i can see that

Archived