Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest twinkle05

I love the MV & the song it's super addicting!

Sohee - I'm so proud of you! I'm so happy of her improvements!

I can't wait till they perform this live!

Guest evilishus

If you put it in perspective...

this is definitely the right title song.

Think about it, 90% of the girl groups are promoting/will be making comebacks with the "tough/strong girl" image/concept in their songs.

ITS THE TIME FOR HOLIDAYS!

If the girls had chosen "Me,in" as the title song,because that is the song in the first teaser, we,as a fandom,would have eaten it up, but do you really think it would have been a national craze?as we are hoping it will be :D This is the right song for the festive season.The song doesn't just cater to us(WonderFuls) but to the general korean audience as a whole.

Guest sunshine_moon

even though yenny and sunye get to sing lesser in be my baby but in the other song they sang alot!

i am happy that JYP is giving sohee a chance to sing more!

i love this whole album! it is filled with different genres and they have learnt alot in US.

i could see it in this album!

<3

i'm digging yeeun's G.N.O! AWESOME! never knew she could write such a song aside from ballade!

and i really hope they will perform Me.In too!

Guest yubin4ever

Maybe I am just thinking too much about the teaser mv, but remember for the second teaser all the girls were seen wearing the black dresses with the colorful puffs? And they were standing behind some "dance poles/bars"?? I know those were just teasers, but arent teasers usually somewhere in the music video??

JYP said he was going to make a dance video version for this song right? Maybe this is the dance version and there is going to be another video with more scenes in it?? Or maybe they made a remix version video for the song with those scenes. Anyone know or have any ideas?

Guest ayodanyo

I think my first thoughts when I listened to the teaser were correct. The song tries to have less beats and synthesizers to keep this simplistic sound, only to what? To showcase the Wonder Girls's vocals. Out of all the songs they've ever sang, this song truly keeps the vocal unclean and untouched (no double layer, except Yoobin's rap part). If anything, they're trying to prove they can sing. I love how Sohee and Lim have longer parts and more time to shine. We all know Sohee has been criticized for her vocals in the past and how Lim is not up-to-par with Sunmi, but listen to this. I know its a little too early to judge, but Friday's live will either confirm everything or destroy everything.

As for the dance, it has a very somewhat cutesy type of feel.. which I think is perfectically fine because Yoobin has always wanted to do cute. This is the only way Wonder Girls can pull off the "cute feel" without getting all nasty-aegyo. This is cuteness and sexiness done right in one song. All these people who are saying it has a Beyonce-type-of-feel, OF COURSE. The dance was created by Jonte, the man who creates dances for the woman Beyonce herself. JYPE said they will be going off the feel of the song and dance itself. 

In general, there's still this lingering of retro in the song. However, I don't see that as a problem. Wonder Girls have always done retro and retro will always be apart of them. Retro is THEIR STYLE, its who they are and its THEIR COLOR. Like JYP said, its not about showing off a different side of yourself, but a better, more improved side of yourself. 

This song is growing up done right. 

Guest tnamphel

OMG love the MV..the song is really lively. And I love sohee's part, Her voice was really strong in this song. The whole video has the "single ladies" vibe to it.

It is totally different from the 1st teaser. It makes me hope that WG will release 2nd MV for a different song. Can't wait for the comeback stage, fan chants, interviews and variety shows to roll in.

Guest wonderr23

2u3um3m.png

WonderGirls trending in Daum for WonderGirls and Nate for WonderGirls Be My Baby and WonderGirls Be My Baby MV respectively.

Guest miumapi

it's still 60's and so like dream girls to me...

the song is okay...

the dance is good...

the outfit is okay...

but it's just okay...

i'm not that thrilled anymore...

Guest sunshine_moon

is it me or what, i'm getting goosebumps when i heard the duet by yeeun and sunye!! this song is daebak!

i love this genre!! it totally suit their voice!!

seriously, i love the whole thing from the very first minute to the very end! & it didn't sounded like christmas or secret at all to me.i really want to learn the dance RIGHT NOW! lol..& i love the whole songs in the album! i'm crying now.a proud WONDERFUL ever

*haters are on the roll now in allkpop.pfffttt*

Guest chami1430286566
Guest sunshine_moon

it's still 60's and so like dream girls to me...

the song is okay...

the dance is good...

the outfit is okay...

but it's just okay...

i'm not that thrilled anymore...

come on! don't lose heart! listen to it on repeat! it is awesome!

and i love their whole album! all of their song are daebak! all the effort they put in!

Guest nambo07

I think the itunes snippet just happened to preview the most festive part of be my baby- which led to my conclusion of a christmas-y feel song. However, after listening to the whole song it is more like a song that is so fast in beat that makes you want to get up and dance along. Definitely a catchy song, im feeling better about the album already :)

Guest ladyluckk

I'm in love with the album. It's really hard to pick a favourite! I really can't choose.

Lim's rap in "Act Cool" is so fierce! Sounded like a female San E hehe.

And I'm lovingggg how Sunye and Yeeun's duet is a slow RnB song! It's awesome.

Archived