Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Wonderfuls, remember to never judge a song by the 1st listen! ^^*

If after the full song, the MV, the live performances etc. you still dislike the song, then OK.

But 30sec preview is definitely not enough to make a judgement right? =)

Besides, I actually think it sounds pretty good, and catchy!

and as a Wonderful who waited years for their 2nd full album...

How can I even be dissapointed LOL just hearing their voices and I'm in heaven!

But I'm waiting for the full version to give my real opinion, so that's it for now... ^-^

Wow I like the new pics! But there's no Sohee solo pic?

Anyway, they all look amazing on the solo pics! The group pics are cool too =D

and for the duets, I kinda expected this LOL.

Yesterday when I saw that Hyerim has a solo (well a duet since it's with San E),

I was like "Oh!!! amazing!!! but what about other girls?"

and I thought that they probably have 2 duets for the 4 other girls!

When I listened to Nu Shoes, I could hear Sunye and Sohee, so I thought it's maybe a MinAhn duet ^-^

But I was wrong haha! anyway 2YE duet, wow, it's gonna be about vocals =)

and SoBin duet... Maybe rap? hehe! Our Sohee can rap too :3

MV is soon. My heart beating so fast *-*

Edit - mingsun89@twitter translated some parts of the interview WG had (the one where Hyerim cried):

11761_0.139666001320571878_5856.png

11761_0.315592001320572074_5280.png

11761_0.012909001320572675_5661.png

Hyerim TT____TT That was sad and touching! We love you~

and Sunye, so nice (about the Teddy thing). Angel SUN!!!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohmahgoodness! The new group pics are awesome, the girls are on fire.

Monday is only half an hour away..hehe

Man I'm excited, soo looking forward to hearing all the tracks..

2YE & SoBin duets ftw!

Wonder Girls ftw!

---

Well the album drops today (It's Monday where I live) so obviously yeah, we'll hear all the songs.

v

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

do we get to hear all the tracks tomorrow or is it just be my baby?

I liked the previews of the songs, I was just disappointed I didn't get to hear yubin rap in the preview but apart from that the music sounds good. GNO is probably my favourite song so far :D Yeeun is a STAR!<3

^

I guess we get to hear all songs really soon.

--

Ok, so JY has totally tricked us with the teasers :lol:

His tweet of yesterday must have been a heads up to prepare us for today's MV.

It is too early for me to form a judgment from 30 secs. clips, so the following are just impressions (and I might change my mind later)

I am not relating Be My Baby's snippet to "Christmas sound", pop music has had plenty of feel-good uptempo songs which are unrelated to festivities (Wham! is a correct reference, but it as been like that over and over).

I too feel that 'Tell Me' is the closest of the past singles, but it is really too early to be sure.

The English version of Be My Baby feels at home in the U.S. and U.K. -- I like this potential.

G.N.O. is really dance-floor apt in Europe. Yeeun did a great job, JY you better follow her lead. B)

Girls Girls is the piece I relate more to the past Wonder Girls sound (it would fit The Wonder Years).

Nu Shoes forms a good pair with Be My Baby. Another feel-good track.

The girls voices have improved once again. I am impressed by Sohee, she is seriously heading high.

The English pronunciation is not a question anymore. The girls accents are perfect to me. :wub:

And the new pics... :wub:

--

Added: This is the Allkpop i want to read...

Wonder Girls discuss their U.S. venture and their new album

In 2008, the Wonder Girls knocked on the door of the U.S. market and embarked on a long journey of self-discovery and growth. Though they were top stars in Korea, the girls were forced to start from the very bottom again with street performances.

Fast forward three years later, and we see the Wonder Girls return to Korea with some solid achievements under their belts. They’ve placed 76th on the Billboard Chart and became the first Korean artists to rank on the world-famous music barometer. They also completed a successful U.S. Tour, and filmed a movie with TV network, Teen Nick.

Prior to the official release of their 2nd album, the Wonder Girls sat down for an interview with MBN News to talk about their U.S. venture and their latest work.

The girls were first asked to elaborate on their thoughts about their U.S. venture. Leader Sunye stated, “To be honest, going to the U.S. was a rushed decision… There are many people who say that we’ve failed. However, we think of the past two years and a half as a period of preparation for our [actual] U.S. venture.”

Ye Eun added, “There was never a day where something wasn’t new [to us]… We were able to continuously grow and learn through exchanges with world-famous musicians. The experience in the U.S. has led to a dramatic transformation of Wonder Girls.”

The members revealed that the title track of the new album, “Be My Baby”, is one that everyone can enjoy. The melody is easy on the ears (like with “Tell Me”, “So Hot”, and “Nobody”), while the tempo is upbeat and the lyrics are easy to sing along to.

When the album is listened to as a whole, it’s apparent that their experiences in the U.S. seeped into their new sound. The song that Ye Eun composed for their album, “G.N.O.”, is a song that’s reminiscent of music heard in clubs. “Super B”, a track sung by Yubin and Sohee, also allows us to get a feel for the new type of sound that the girls have brought.

Ye Eun commented, “When I went to a club, I heard songs from Rihanna and LMFAO… We thought it would be nice if we could make club music, done right, in Korean.”

When asked to talk about their growth, Sohee commented, “In the U.S., all the members lived together in one building… Due to the situation, we had more chances to converse with one another, and we became even closer.”

For the first time, the girls will be up against SNSD for their comeback. Although both groups debuted in 2007, their promotion periods somehow never overlapped.

Sunye revealed, “We don’t really think of ourselves as rivals with SNSD. There are things they can do, and we have things we can do… I hope each can become a group that can be a source of strength and consolation for many people.”

The Wonder Girls will be promoting more actively in the U.S. next year. Their first U.S. album will be released in sync with their feature movie, ‘Wonder Girls at the Apollo’, which will be aired through Teen Nick.

Credit mk MBN / Trans karolicity ALLKPOP / Via @wonderr23 twitter

English link / Korean link

--

Time to trend #ReadyForWONDERGIRLS and Be My Baby

I guess many of you have read the latest article posted on Allkpop,

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/11/wonder-girls-discuss-their-u-s-venture-and-their-new-album#disqus_thread

Here is my thoughts

The Queens didn't lay lack and goof around, then they expect a success in the US.  Instead they have given up their 'Nobody' Dynasty to others in exchange of 'criticism' and 'cynicism' in the past 2 1/2 years.  Even more, They've handed their big share of Asian market to others as well. What are these all for?  It is to achieve a bigger goal in the name of Kpop and try to become a truely international female group in mainstream music in most countries around the world. Whether they will succeed or not remains to be seen very soon.  If you don't like them, that's fine. But you don't have to bash them to death because of some irrational thinking or your own selfishness, especially if you are Asian, Kpop lover and even more Korean.  This must be understood.

I'm afraid trending wouldn't work tonight.... We were trending for Suju's 6th annive last night and it didn't work... :(

I'm so excited for the full preview... my heart is racing.

3 more hours wonderfuls!!!

-----

DON'T FORGET TO UNLOCK YOUR TWEETS BTW. :)

Guest lovely_mi

Hey everyone,

I've just listened to all the previews..I love it..

For BMB, i understand why many people feel a bit disappointed because it's so much different from the teasers..but that doesn't mean it's not good..i personally like it so much..and I must say WG has definitely become more matured..u can feel the maturity in their songs and the way they sing and their voices are getting better..

I've been following them since their Tell Me era and I think this album is going to be the best one..

I can't wait for the MV tomorrow..

Hope everything goes well..

Will always support WG no matter what..

WONDERG GIRLS FIGHTING AND ALL THE BEST MY BABY...

Guest jcsmark

SanE uploaded another photo with Lim on Twitter

20111107limwitsane02.jpg

3시간후엔 혜림이가 랩한다!!! 액쿨 액액쿨 act act cool 우엑우엑우엑. San E & XEPY & MC Lim-ki minaj http://yfrog.com/oetsqxj

Credit san_e@twitter

----

I like Yeeun's works in the album :)

[info] :Me, in" is a remake + rearranged song by Queen Yeeun!

Credit Wonderfuls Cafè @ facebook

SanE uploaded another photo with Lim on Twitter

*quoted image*

3시간후엔 혜림이가 랩한다!!! 액쿨 액액쿨 act act cool 우엑우엑우엑. San E & XEPY & MC Lim-ki minaj http://yfrog.com/oetsqxj

Credit san_e@twitter

LOL. I'm looking forward to some awesome rapping from our maknae.

I'm so happy to know Yeeun is investing herself musically in this album. Makes us proud!

The 2YE duet song, I'm really, really looking forward to it. We've seen how they can really bring the house down with their vocals together, but I can never get enough.

It'd be interesting to see how SOBIN fare together. Super B sounds awesome already.

& I couldn't be more proud of Sohee. She has improved leaps and bounds, judging from the teasers!

A few more hours to go! I'm ecstatic! #ReadyForWONDERGIRLS

Haha LOL! On his tweet, San E called Lim: "MC Lim-ki minaj" xD xD xD This is funny and cute!

Anyway, in the interview, Sunye said...

Sunye revealed, “We don’t really think of ourselves as rivals with SNSD. There are things they can do, and we have things we can do… I hope each can become a group that can be a source of strength and consolation for many people.”

Nice answer Sunye! I like it =D So mature and pro!

OK, so while waiting for WG, I did a short playlist with all of WG promo clips (songs preview & music show teasers) the playlist is only 10min long. It has the same videos many times (from different uploaders) it would be nice if some of you could take 10min of your time just to "like" all these videos and show your support to WG's comeback =)

also don't forget to tweet #ReadyForWONDERGIRLS Be My Baby =D

Wow I like the new pics! But there's no Sohee solo pic?

Sohee's solo pic is the one released earlier, the one where she shouldered her musket & slightly opened her mouth. (See WonderfulSohee's profile photo.)

Wonderholic said they are album jacket photos, according to Google Translate.

I also believe they were also published today by Sports Chosun, who also did an interview with WG.

The original article seems to be lost (or deleted) at the news site -- I can't find it -- but some K-WFs have pasted it over to their forums & blogs earlier.

Here is instiz.net's copy (without photos):

원더걸스, "소녀시대 맞대결, 자부심 느껴"

지난해 '2DT'로 2주간의 짧은 국내 활동을 펼쳤던 원더걸스가 드디어 돌아왔다. 2년 반 동안의 미국 생활. 얻은 것 만큼 마음고생도 심했을 터다. 오죽하면 한국 취재진을 보자마자 "보고 싶었다"며 눈물부터 쏟아냈을까. 그렇지만 추억에 잠길 시간이 없다. 지금부터가 진짜 승부다.

▶ 피할 수 없는 그 이름, '소녀시대'

원더걸스는 2007년 데뷔 이후 처음으로 '데뷔 동기' 소녀시대와 맞대결을 펼친다. 한국 걸그룹 붐을 이끌어낸 두 그룹의 맞대결이 초미의 관심을 모으고 있는 가운데, 한차례 잡음이 일었다. 바로 미국 프로듀서 테디 라일리가 자신의 트위터에 "원더걸스는 망했다. 소녀들은 성공할 것"이라는 글을 남겼던 것. 

당연히 상처가 될 말이지만, 선예는 "모두가 우리를 좋아해주시면 좋겠지만, 세상은 그렇지 않다. 당연히 테디 라일리 같은 분들도 계실 것이다. 그렇게 유명한 분이 우리를 알고 계시다는 것만으로도 어떻게 보면 감사한 일"이라고 쿨한 반응을 보였다. 

사실 원더걸스와 소녀시대는 친하다. 연락도 자주 하고 식사 약속도 한 상태라고. 더욱이 지금은 '누군가를 이겨야 겠다'는 생각보다는 팬들이 중요한 시기란다. 선예는 "어떻게 보면 우리의 데뷔 이후 걸그룹이 많아졌고, K-POP의 흐름을 만들고 있다. 자부심을 느끼고 있고, 동기부여가 되는 것 같다. 우리가 소녀시대와 함께 그 대열에 합류하면서 전세계적으로 K-POP을 즐길 수 있는 축제가 됐으면 좋겠다"고 전했다. 

▶ 정규 2집이 특별한 이유

원더걸스는 정규 2집 '원더 월드'로 컴백한다. 타이틀곡 '비 마이 베이비'는 소울 음악을 현대식 업템포로 재해석한 노래. 예은은 "밝고 귀엽고 사랑스러운 곡이라 회사 분들도 걱정이 많았다. 모니터링 코멘트에 '이건 정말 아닌 것 같다'는 말도 있었다. 그런데 안무를 보고 나니까 노래랑 잘 맞고 귀엽지만 섹시하고 재밌는 요소들이 잘 가미된 것 같아 좋았다. 박진영 PD도 초대박이라고 하더라"며 웃었다. 

멤버들의 참여도가 높아졌다는 점 역시 주목할 만 하다. 예은은 자작곡 'G.N.O'외에 신중현 '미인'의 리메이크 곡까지 만들어냈으며, 유빈과 혜림 역시 랩 메이킹에 대거 참여했다. 또 선예-예은의 듀엣곡 '두고두고', 소희-유빈의 듀엣곡 '슈퍼B', 혜림과 래퍼 산이의 콜라보레이션을 통해 탄생한 '액트 쿨' 등 최초의 유닛곡도 담겨 눈길을 끈다. 

하지만 무엇보다 이번 앨범이 특별한 의미로 다가오는 것은 새 멤버 혜림의 정식 데뷔와 다름없기 때문. 혜림은 "사실 처음 합류할 때 잘 적응할 수 있을지 걱정이 많았다. 미쓰에이로 데뷔했다면 어땠을까 하는 생각도 해봤다. 하지만 멤버들 모두 너무 잘 해주고, 원더걸스가 너무 좋다"며 눈물을 보였다.

▶ 도전은 끝나지 않았다

원더걸스는 연말까지의 국내 활동을 예정하고 있다. 아시아 프로모션 일정 등이 계획돼 있기 때문에 변동이 생길 수도 있겠지만, 오랜 시간 기다려준 팬들을 위해 음악 프로그램은 물론 예능까지 활발한 활동을 펼칠 계획이다. 이후 내년 상반기 미국으로 건너가 TV영화 '원더걸스 앳 더 아폴로' 관련 프로모션과 함께 첫번째 미국 정규 앨범을 발매한다. 

예은은 "한국에서는 좋은 기획사에서 어떻게 보면 공주님 대접을 받았는데, 미국에서는 시스템이 달라 바닥부터 시작했다. 그런데 주연으로 영화를 찍게 됐고, 주위 사람들이 우리를 알아주고 음악을 사랑해주니까 감동도 많이 받았다. '가능성 없는 일이 아니구나' 하는 생각을 많이 했다"고 밝혔다.

선예와 유빈 역시 "지금까지 밟아온 과정마다 겉으로 보기엔 기대치에 못 미치는 평가가 많은 것 같지만, 아직 성공과 실패를 운운하기엔 이른 것 같다. 우리 역시 미국 진출에 대한 회의감이 들 때도 있었지만, 배운 것이 너무나 많다. 도전은 끝나지 않았다. 끝까지 응원해 주셨으면 좋겠다"고 전했다. 

백지은 기자 silk781220@sportschosun.com

Source: http://www.instiz.ne...id=pt&no=318173

Here is a K-blogger's copy (with photos): http://blog.naver.co...gNo=20142414564

Guest jcsmark

SBS comeback preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTOAmEMVD3o&feature=feedu

I checked itunes and noticed that the 6 song previews are not there anymore, I'm not sure if it's still there for others, but I think the previews (or ringtone purchases) were not intended to be released until the full album was released.

Less than 1 hour left!!!

---

JYPE's Randy Chung is excited for WG's comeback

k8idk.jpg

#ReadyForWONDERGIRLS 입사했을 때 SH 댈님께 받았던 WG 여왕봉..이제 바뀌지만 난 이 여왕봉도 넘 좋음 ㅎㅎ 진짜 Queen 같아보여서.. ^^ Queens are back sooooon!! http://yfrog.com/h7k8idkj

Credit chooney7@twitter

Guest evilishus

Someone mentioned earlier that Twitter might not list it or something :( Apparently ELF had trouble with their anniversary trending (and we all know how that fan club is with their trending XD)

I am still surprised that it hasn't leaked yet!It usually leaks around this time but it is a definite positive for the girls :) And I am very excited for Lim's solo, she's going to kill it!Super B by Sohee and Yoobin has me on the tip of my seat aswell,finally a song where they will be highlighted.I am also very pleased that Sunye and Yeh Eun have a ballad duet,but I can't deny that I'm more excited for Lim's solo and Sobin duet!Mainly because Sunye and Yeh Eun have released solo's before :D

omg..i'm so nervous..the wait is killing me..

if this goes on, i might be crying when the real song is release..lol

i've listen to the preview..so far i like it a lot.. :D

can't wait for all the songs to come out,super excited to hear Super B and Act Cool..

Archived