Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest chanounette

Actually I was scared because I read people comments before and it looks like a lot was disappointed by Be my baby.... I won't lie I'm a bit disappointed because of what we've seen in the teasers. I was expecting something more fierce like hum "goodbye baby". Anyway, it's not a bad song, I'm sure it'll grow on me but I think that "Me, In" suits more the "concept" they showed us. BTW , It's just the preview so I should wait for the full album. Wonder girls always surprises us.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW.. I've listened to the song. SPEECHLESS IN A GOODWAY.

The songs were different from everything they did in the past (except Be my baby) kk

I do agree that be my baby sounds a bit christmas-y and my least favorite one at the moment, but there's something to it that would make you want to listen to it over and over again.

the beat is so uplifting(?) i don't know and it gives you a sense of familiarity.

Maybe JYP wanted then to be able to showcase their growth but still impart to the korean fans, that they're still the wonder girls that they adored a few years back. :)

haha yes this might be something that Secret would sing, but I've always thought that their songs are Wonder girl-ish ( I love Secret too.. kk)

Guest wonder-ful

Am I seriously the only one who love the preview of be my baby and think it's a song that will be able to reconquer korean's hearts. Just like "tell me" this song has a catchy beat and an easy to remember chorus. I don't know why but I get the feeling that you will all be proved wrong when they finally make their awesome comeback. Just listen to "be my baby" and imagine them on stage performing this song with their hopefully incredible choreo and the loud fanchants! I really want them to perform 2 songs during their comeback stage too.

I know you all wanted a badass song and fierce concept that's why you're disappointed but even if this concept is different it still looks and sounds really good and who knows we may have some good surprises we didn't get previews for the 12 songs they might still have some badass songs in store in their album. Let's just wait and see! I trust our girls. Let's stop being so pessimist.

Guest evilishus

I,too, am puzzled by the actual song,well,the preview.It is not at all like the teaser (the 2nd).I refuse to let myself form an opinion of the song until I hear the full version and only then will I make my verdict.

And please don't thumb down other people's opinions :) Not everybody is going to love every song the girls put out. That is just the way things work,no single thing in this world has a 100% stamp of approval. And I have not come across any comments stating that they would not support the girls just because the song/album doesn't seem to be what they expected.

Respecting the opinions of others is a manner in itself. You don't have to share their opinions and they are certainly not asking you too.

Remember, WonderFuls = Mannerfuls :D

Guest wendysmark

OH WOW! I heard the previews!

I REALLY REALLY LOVE Be My Baby, LIKE SERIOUSLY!

I don't care if some say it is Christmassy, which imo it isn't. It sounds really cool and I am really looking forward to see how the dance fits in.

My favorite is definitely Be My Baby, but I also like Me.In. That song is BOMB. Can they promote that as well? I have it on loop all day.

G.N.O and Girls Girls seem similar in style. I think Yeeun + Min Woo + Fedro's teamwork in the composition created a sound which is not typical K-pop. Both songs are alright, something different.

Nu Shoes is the one I dislike, it sounded like some children's song?! But I think it is still early to tell.

oh my GOD this is too much !!!! this album is a boooom i knew it biggrin.gifi like all the previews they all have a different beats and unlike what all of you think i found phew.gifbe my baby so coool ihonestly in love with it i keeep on relpaying it  can't wait any longer wonder girls fightingw00t.gif

Guest hrmmmhum

I read on tumblr that "Me, In" might be a remake.

LOL I thought it sounded like trot!

haha yes this might be something that Secret would sing, but I've always thought that their songs are Wonder girl-ish ( I love Secret too.. kk)

Me, too! And I don't think it's just the gold Madonna dresses because I kind of thought so since Magic...

But 2PM constantly rejects JYP's songs (17 of them) and 2AM has not used JYP's songs for the title track for the past two albums

Guest yubin4ever

I actually kinda like be my baby. Its pretty catchy.

But I keep thinking about the teaser video with the WG in the dresses with the poofs and different colors. The expressions that they were giving off in the teasers werent this cutesy vibe that seems to be in this song. And the ending dance didnt seem like it fit well with what we are currently hearing in these preview. So my guess is that the song has a lot of twists and turns in it and we shouldnt judge until we hear the whole song. i need it to be 11/7 now

Edit:

P.S. I feel like such a bad wonderful because I cant tell their voices apart now. All the voices seem so strong now

Guest Shjsgnd

Surprisingly... am I the only one here who ONLY likes Be My Baby among all the previews? :unsure:

I thought it sounded really catchy! I think once someone start to say it sounded Christmas, everyone's mind has been programmed to listen to it with 'Christmas' in mind, but actually I don't have that feeling much. The rest of the songs might need some time to get to me after I heard the full song... I really only like Be My Baby and I am glad it is the title track.

Can't wait! A few more hours!

Guest talksound

The Be My Baby snippet we have is not the one I was expecting to hear (the one from the teaser). Their concept does not seem to match the tone of the song, which is REEEALLY pop. Now I'm REEALLY wishing they went with the song from their first teaser as their promoted single.

I really liked G.N.O though, all of Yeeun's songs so far have never disappointed. She's gonna go far in this industry.

Guest hrmmmhum

when i preordered WG's american album a loooooong time ago i was promised a free laptop case for preordering! well i got a 2 diff tears cd but its not really the american album, but no laptop case!? and i forgot the site that i ordered from already. does anyone remember cuz i want to check my account.

I thought the album being released next year was that free one (and 2DT was just a bonus because of the wait) so maybe you'll get your laptop case then?

question: if i make a "playlist" in YT that counts or not?

I think so...I mean, it refreshes it even if you don't click on the thumbnail

Maybe it's just that the limit qoxie mentioned (200 views per IP address per day) applies

KWFs bulk order :

Info about it after 7th of November 

with poster :  

price : 10700 won --> $9.63 

Am i the only one who noticed the little "wg" letters on the upper right corner of the logo :D 

it's like if the Wonder Girls have their own "TM" lool 

Hahah, I noticed the "wg", too, and thought the same thing! ^^

But about the K-WFs' bulk order -- will that apply to anyone outside of Korea?

_____

I actually thought Be My Baby sounded Jonas Brothers - ish lol =P

And you guys, SOHEE sings the chorus in Nu Shoes!

At least I think it's the chorus... :sweatingbullets:

And then YeEun comes in, but I'm not sure about the, "Let's go go!" Maybe it's Yubin or Lim?

But I LOVE Girls Girls!

"Girls, Girls, I'm a Wonder Girl" -- I think it's one of those confidence-building, "Hey, I'm a Wonder Girl and you can be one, too!" songs. I like it :]

And do you heeear Lim in it? <3

hrmmmhum - ahh yes, 2AM! I forgot. I don't think JYP would produce a ballad as good as Hitman Bang though kkk. Hmm ... I hope 'Be My Baby' was not chosen to be the title track because it was produced by JYP. I don't dislike 'Be My Baby,' but it would have been nice it they chose something that would have made them come back with a big BANG! because their comeback is SOOOO anticipated by many. 

Hmm... It seems as if the way Wonderfuls think and the way Wonder Girls think are different. I'm sure they have the right to choose which song they think they would promote and which songs to have on their album etc. But it seems like some Wonderfuls are not too happy with it. The same goes for the make-up and outfits. We were told the girls choose their stylists but we're also unhappy about it. >.<

v  true! we still have 6 more songs! 

Guest miumapi

i don't want to complaint so much. but i've heard the song, as most of us, kinda dissapointed with be my baby preview so far. i can't find which part is dark and sexy with this kind of song. it's totally far from what i've expected. maybe i'm having too high expectation. i'm more impressed with the teaser songs.

I don't mean to be negative at a time like this, but tbqh the previews have ruined my anticipation for the title song.

Like wtf JYP -_- Sounds like a freaking christmas jingle! I read a comment on YT that it sounds like something Secret would release and you know what, i 100% agree.

It doesn't even fit in with the concept pictures let alone the MV teasers.

Gosh, i'm hoping the full song doesn't disappoint TOO much.

I did not hold out this long to be massively let down.

I'm not bothered by the other songs since it's not what they'll be promoting.

-End of rant.

------

Thumb me down all you want guys, but it doesn't change the fact that others wont be disappointed by this title track.

Heck, I think i even love '2 Different Tears' more than the teaser.

But as i said i'll wait until the full song.

yes, I'm somehow feel like the 2dt version that they performed during mama last year was much better -_-

Guest chanounette

I think the main reason why we're disappointed are the "misleading" teasers if we can affirm that they're misleading- because until the release we can't be sure about how the song sounds. But I really wonder why JYPE would have done this. When I think about all the songs released by JYPE groups - every concept suited the song and teasers were not misleading. Ah it just makes me anxious and impatient!!! I'd die to hear the song right now!!

Anyway, I don't remember if I read this comment on soompi - about the fact that the song was too fast to dance on it- ... Hum, "Love is move" is quite fast- the chorus at least- and they dance on it so it's totally possible.

I think the main reason why we're disappointed are the "misleading" teasers if we can affirm that they're misleading- because until the release we can't be sure about how the song sounds. But I really wonder why JYPE would have done this. When I think about all the songs released by JYPE groups - every concept suited the song and teasers were not misleading. Ah it just makes me anxious and impatient!!! I'd die to hear the song right now!!

Anyway, I don't remember if I read this comment on soompi - about the fact that the song was too fast to dance on it- ... Hum, "Love is move" is quite fast- the chorus at least- and they dance on it so it's totally possible.

Usually, JYP mislead the fans by using a different song (the remix for most) with the teasers but the concept always fit so I think we have to wait for the full MV. Don't be to quick to judge. ^_^

Guest thanhnam

I actually thought Be My Baby sounded Jonas Brothers - ish lol =P

OMG!!! I totally thought the same thing too!! XD

--------

When I first heard each preview, I was like, "ehhh" *clicks next preview*, but after listening to them again, I've been clicking replay nonstop. :3 You guys should really give the songs another try~ They'll grow on you sooner or later~ ^_^

Archived