Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

I guess Mr.Riley understood the faux pas since I read him apologize on Twitter.

Back to current news, the girls are resting today. They ended the last shooting session at 4am, hard working as always.

8447cb51c510d3bced05fe8758ae4a33_large.png

I put together some retweets by wonderr23 and some searches of mine, about the cast and crew of the movie.

8188f776cc7cd7cdf3ab5ab027438c1b_large.png

4 Count is a male group produced by Nick Cannon, which is getting a cameo in the movie. Check their Youtube (4countofficial), their sound seems quite compatible with JYPE and current K-pop productions. Despite their short role, they follow the Wonder Girls on twitter.

Elise Abdalla is a long-time acquaintance, she's a videographer who works for the Jonas Brothers and Cambio. She has met the girls in 2009 and recently filmed inside JYPE USA the sessions with Claude Kelly.

9f0617a6931d6cbb3f6a96af306212c7_large.jpg

Kurt Marshall is a musician / producer. He tweeted this picture from the set:

large.jpg

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest *bluebutterfly*

@qoxie: Oops. Thanks for that. I saw a number in your previous post, so I think I just copied that haha, but now you have corrected me I do remember when that it was 5 million when they went to China to receive the award.

I saw his apology too. Let's drop this issue now. He's not of our concern.

Wonder Girls' segment on JYP Nation Japan Documentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujv6Gb7os6c

I never post here anymore but I always seem to come back when every once in awhile some newer wg fans or people who don't know much about wg bash the hell out of their U.S. advancements or the fandom or whatever is making them mad at the moment.

First off, i'm a v1.0 international fan who goes to sites like Allkpop and I can clearly see the difference between us older fans and these new fans that are popping up. I've been a fan of kpop since 2005 but only a fan of WG since the end of their "Tell Me" promotions and start of "So Hot" promotions. I have been there when they were seriously on the TOP of kpop girl groups and I was there when they decided to leave it all to promote in the U.S.

What I don't get is that newer fans KNOW that WG has spent years here in the U.S. but yet they still say they need to go back to Korea. At this point, it's too late for WG to just leave and go back. Why go back now? To show koreans that they failed? That it was too hard and they missed their fame? Yeah they could go back and eventually build up to the status they once had but what then? They'd be in the same position of being at the top with nowhere to go. No, Wonder Girls need to stay in the U.S. and continue on. They are the only Korean act that has actually put all there cards down to ACTUALLY try and make it in the U.S. and they've been here for YEARS. They didn't do what other acts did and release a cd with american producers and total american sound, say "oh, guess it didn't work" when their music wasn't going anywhere, and go back to their home country. JYP knew that wasn't what he wanted for the girls and he knew that this isn't an Asian market. Two of the main differences here in the States is the lack of promotion and the lack of strong, loyal fanbases. So he knew the Wonder Girls would have to work in small steps to get to a point where they could finally release a U.S. album. And THAT is what WG is doing at this moment, building a platform in order to release their album and have it noticed by people other than us Wonderfuls. I know a lot of the new fans are frustrated with the years it is taking, but WG used to always say in the beginning of the their U.S. venture that it took the Beatles 6 years to make it in the U.S. so you either need patience to be part of this fandom or you need to do what most Wonderfuls did and leave the fandom and come back when WG releases music <_<.

So yes, it's been along wait for fans and along the way we've lost A LOT of the older fans but there are some that are still here! We're patient enough to take the Wonder Girls U.S. activities one step at a time and though it's sometimes frustrating, at this point there is no way we'd wish for them to pack up and go back to Korea. They still have a great chance but this isn't Kpop anymore; it's going to be a LONG and HARD process to make it here in the U.S. and they know it.

I've been by WG's side for over 4 years now and I don't plan on doubting them when they need us the most.

Guest jcsmark

I'd like to share some quotes..

“I feel so proud of the Wonder Girls... they suffered and went through a lot of rough times, but they worked so hard. They are truly amazing. They may not be the prettiest girls, the best singers, or the best dancers in the world, but I know for a fact that they are the hardest working and kindest singers in the world.”

- JYP

"Instead of always going on an easy, wide, and flat path, going in a difficult, narrow, and bumpy path was more touching when we reached the destination."

- Sunye

If we have not gone to America, we could have comfortably remained active in Korea, making even more money. But if given the choice again, will still choose to embark for America. Money can't buy such an experience. Luckily, the album has been doing relatively well. Thus [we] are craving for a bigger stage. When the opportunity comes, [we] will do our best.

Certainly, we did look very tired, as it should be. Physically, it had been indeed very exhausting. But [we] also reaped a lot. If we have not gone to America, we could have comfortably gotten better treatment with the Korean activities. But there would have been no progress. I feel that the bonding among the group members have deepened. Our competitive edge has strengthened & it feels very rejoiceful. Formerly, [we] really have a lot of deficiencies. But I feel [we] have matured quite a bit since.

- Sohee (Dazed and Confused interview translated by qoxie on p.1244)

Dream and Believe

Things happen for a reason-Just believe

- Lim

To love yourself and believe in yourself is more important than anything. People will judge you and pretend to know you very well, but no one knows you better than yourself. If you have a dream and you can see yourself doing it, go for it and never give up. I’ve failed my auditions three times, and I also heard I had no talent from a lot of people, but now I'm here I am on stage every night! Dreams really do come true.

- Yeeun

We’re the Wonder Girls. We change when we spin, like Sailor Moon

- Yubin

^

that is super so true, our girls are fully grown mature as a person, i love every comments they made, it seems like i experienced what they had since they debut, i've been looking out for them, and never get tired of waiting for them every comeback stage. i'm a little bit sad when they got to america, but i understand since they want some growth on their career, and yet they have so many things in life that teaches our girls to be strong and handle some situations maturely. and that's one of those reasons why i idolize them more, and for me being one of their million fans all over the world and being one of the wonderful, i'm so super duper proud of it. it will never change since they already touches my life. and i'm so glad that they had, so glad that i knew them.

i love what sunye says, that you will get the feeling of satisfaction and overwhelm if you pursue your dreams through hardwork and difficulties. by sohee, money can't buy experience that is so true. and also for yeeun, that is for all those bashers out there who pretend to know our girls, but they're not.and it also like lim said is to dream and belive it will happen. yoobin makes me double thought about it sailor moon? w00t.gif ..well like jyp said they are not the prettiest girls, best singers, or best dancers in the world (for me they really are :lol: ) they are the hardworking and kindest singers in the world (that is super duper overly true w00t.gif ).

PROUD TO BE A WONDERFUL :tears:

WONDER GIRLS FIGTHING :wub: :wub:

i already made some hye lim stuff, thanks for giving me the photo..

HYELIM-1.jpg

pretty yeeun :wub:

yeeun2-1.jpg

Guest WonderfulSohee

WOOOOW!! I just found out that Teddy Riley's Daughter Filed A Restraining Order From Him! 

That shows what kind of a richard simmons bag he is!

Anyways~~~ With all of these exciting tweets about WG's movie I am dying to see it :P

Guest jcsmark

Lim tweeted a picture while at Santa Monica. WG had the day off from filming today.

20111001ladayoff.jpg

Palm trees in L.A + great weather! http://twitpic.com/6tmyn2

Credit WG_Lim@twitter

---

Street Kingdom from America's Best Dance Crew was on set for the movie yesterday.

20111001211239.jpg

Here's a picture from the recording yesterday.

x288bb1c7.jpg

Credit worldofdance@twitter

Looks like it was filmed at the 'dance club' set

willow_studios_west.jpg

willow_studios_west_1.jpg

More WG sets here http://web.me.com/filmworld/WONDERGIRLS/WondergirlsCLUB.html

Guest finesse.

i was wondering what would the movie's theme be all about?

drama, comedy, action, suspense? Judging from the set, i am currently imagining an action movie, lol xD..

and i'm thinking of their NOW commercial, hehehe...

anticipation, overload..wub.gif

edit: wtf? Teddy Riley's daughter filed a restraining order from him? why? 0.o....Gosh, he's such an ^%$&#*8... :P

Guest jcsmark

^

I was just wondering about the theme of the movie lol. At first I thought it was going to be more like a drama, but with all these tweets about recording dance scenes it looks more like action.

Photo of Sohee, Yoona, Sulli, Dara, Suzy and Hara mixed together

edd4e8544dbba7da66171b3.jpg

Credit Nate

Guest loveeeWG

Reference to Teddy Riley's tweet.

I am seriously disappointed in him. Sites were praising this man for his sense of music and having composed songs for the legendary Michael Jackson. I thought he was a musician deserving of respect. His tweet not only shows that he is not deserving of the respect, he also does not deserve to compose music anymore. (my opinion). Music, yes, brings people closer in its own language. Teddy, what you are doing is driving a wedge in Wf's and Sones' already ruined relationship. I am very disappointed.

Even recently, Teddy is going to compose a song for SNSD? sites are saying that this man, dumped rania because of a bigger catch (SNSD). I am not gonna judge that for now, but see how events unfold.

I demand at least a apology.

I'm not going to get into the discussion of Seoulcial Life because they're just immature and annoying, really annoying.

Other then that, I'll just like to add in my two cents about Teddy Riley and make a little comment on how rude and disgusting he is. Lol, sorry. I just wanted to let it out. First of all I'd like to really laugh at how he brought a question asking about the album breaking into the US Market and how they haven't debuted there to the extent of even mentioning "WG" in his response. Also, I absolutely love how he accused Wonderfuls of assuming when he was the one who clearly insulted the girls. I've noticed a few comments about Wonderful's mentioning that he apologized.........

I mean, yes, people make mistakes, but his apology definitely wasn't a sincere one. For a person who apologized and clearly stated, "No I apologize cause when you say sorry you mean it. Meaning you will do it again." (imkindofguessingthathemeantwont) retweeted, FSThaiVideos: @teddyriley1 wonderfuls just mad wondergirls are flops in america and no one cares about them.

Teddy, lol, we're not stupid people. If you were sincere about the apology then why did you even bother retweeting it? He's a two face hypocrite. I kind of feel like I'm letting go of being a mannerful(iapologize) in this post but I was just so angry at the fact that he "apologized", and said that he "meant it" to retweeting a tweet that openly insulted Wonderfuls and Wonder Girls. Furthermore, he continued to throw the blame on Wonderfuls for being angry and not "noticing" his apology when we've noticed more then what he was intending to do. Which was "apologizing" and getting us off his back so he'd stop getting angry tweets.

Seriously, as a person who thinks he should be highly respected for what he does, is surely not proving the fact that he should be respected for a person he is. I'm honestly not a person who intends to disrespect another person but he just went too far and I'm definitely not going to take his insults for our girls and for all the hard work they've done in the US Market. (If he thinks his name is going to help ____ album make it big in the US...... Yeah, let's just leave it at that.)

Guest big_face

Teddy Riley upsets Wonder Girls fans on Twitter

20110524_teddyrileyrania.jpg

Producer Teddy Riley is no stranger to K-Pop, having produced for Rania and now SNSD. He’s a highly-respected global producer, but a recent re-tweet irritated fans of the Wonder Girls, who felt that he was being disrespectful.

On October 1st, Teddy Riley re-tweeted a post that said, “wonderfuls just mad wonder girls are flops in america and no one cares about them.”

Four hours later, he responded to a fan with, “i know and i apologize for that but its competition. So let the games begin. Go G.G. [sNSD]!!!!! LETS GO G.G. FAMILY!!!! I DONT SAY FANS…SM ENT[ERTAIMENT]. BIG UPS!!!!!! THATS WHO I REP!!!!”

Fans felt that it was unnecessary to draw the Wonder Girls into his hype for SNSD’s upcoming album, “The Boys“, which he helped produce. “I understand he’s excited but he doesn’t have to put others down like that“, “He shouldn’t tweet about things he doesn’t bother looking into”, and “Starting an unnecessary fanwar, so professional of him,” they wrote.

Teddy Riley has apologized, and explained that his responses were in the nature of friendly competition.

credit: allkpop

I DON'T THINK HE IS REALLY SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO WONDERFULS <_< <_< and in Allkpop, a lot of pps angry at him but still a few of pps said he said is true, wg is really flop, but you know what, i don't care to response them because I WANT WONDERGIRLS REPRESENTS WONDERFULS TO PROVE THEM WRONG WHEN THEY BACK IN NOVEMBER.... :wub:

Well said. And even if it does not pop the states right now, I am glad to say they will pave some road for the rest of asia.

Ive been with them since 2007 and we cant deny they started the whole girlgroup fanatic again. Despite the boomin of girl idol groups til now, I can never seem to get myself stop rootin for WG at the end.

I never post here anymore but I always seem to come back when every once in awhile some newer wg fans or people who don't know much about wg bash the hell out of their U.S. advancements or the fandom or whatever is making them mad at the moment.

First off, i'm a v1.0 international fan who goes to sites like Allkpop and I can clearly see the difference between us older fans and these new fans that are popping up. I've been a fan of kpop since 2005 but only a fan of WG since the end of their "Tell Me" promotions and start of "So Hot" promotions. I have been there when they were seriously on the TOP of kpop girl groups and I was there when they decided to leave it all to promote in the U.S.

What I don't get is that newer fans KNOW that WG has spent years here in the U.S. but yet they still say they need to go back to Korea. At this point, it's too late for WG to just leave and go back. Why go back now? To show koreans that they failed? That it was too hard and they missed their fame? Yeah they could go back and eventually build up to the status they once had but what then? They'd be in the same position of being at the top with nowhere to go. No, Wonder Girls need to stay in the U.S. and continue on. They are the only Korean act that has actually put all there cards down to ACTUALLY try and make it in the U.S. and they've been here for YEARS. They didn't do what other acts did and release a cd with american producers and total american sound, say "oh, guess it didn't work" when their music wasn't going anywhere, and go back to their home country. JYP knew that wasn't what he wanted for the girls and he knew that this isn't an Asian market. Two of the main differences here in the States is the lack of promotion and the lack of strong, loyal fanbases. So he knew the Wonder Girls would have to work in small steps to get to a point where they could finally release a U.S. album. And THAT is what WG is doing at this moment, building a platform in order to release their album and have it noticed by people other than us Wonderfuls. I know a lot of the new fans are frustrated with the years it is taking, but WG used to always say in the beginning of the their U.S. venture that it took the Beatles 6 years to make it in the U.S. so you either need patience to be part of this fandom or you need to do what most Wonderfuls did and leave the fandom and come back when WG releases music dry.gif.

So yes, it's been along wait for fans and along the way we've lost A LOT of the older fans but there are some that are still here! We're patient enough to take the Wonder Girls U.S. activities one step at a time and though it's sometimes frustrating, at this point there is no way we'd wish for them to pack up and go back to Korea. They still have a great chance but this isn't Kpop anymore; it's going to be a LONG and HARD process to make it here in the U.S. and they know it.

I've been by WG's side for over 4 years now and I don't plan on doubting them when they need us the most.

^thank you. and frankly it's funny how even WG commented on how when they left, girl groups were just coming out of the wood-works. Now the kpop industry is over-saturated with them (just look at all the comebacks for Sept-Nov.)

Also just thought i'd put my 2 cents in.

I really don't have much respect for Teddy Riley because I was some what a fan of Rania and then he ditched them to go with SM Entertainment and rubbed salt in their wounds by saying he now has better artists to work with and a better company and yadayadayada. He said that to a group we had been working on for 4 YEARS.

And seriously, if there's one thing he should know it's that it doesn't matter if there is a successful producer backing you up, kpop artists will still struggle to even get noticed over here in the States. He's an idiot for not understanding what the hell he's trying to market. And yes, he produced Michael Jackson's "Dangerous" but I have lived in the states all my life and he has NEVER popped up as some force to be reckoned with <_<.

In short, bro needs to sit the hell back down and zip it :rolleyes:.

big_face: that was not an apology. he doesn't understand kpop fans so he probably doesn't get what the big deal is. since he doesn't understand, his apology wasn't sincere. hell, i wouldn't even CONSIDER it an apology, more like his 'explanation'.

As for WG's new movie, is it bad that i've said "meh" to all the other stars but when I saw "Street Kingdom" I was SOOOO excited :P? Seriously, I LOVED them in last season's ABDC!

plus their leader, Tight Eyez, is THE creator of krump dancing. So that's pretty damn cool.

Guest iamcaaanvas

teddy is rude. there is no other way to go around that. tbh i do not care what he thinks but i do care about our girls if they saw the articles/tweets! he says it's 'competition' but who is he kidding? bringing someone down so you would feel better about yourself is lame and show just what an insecure person you are!

on the brighter side, he/whoever he works with must really see our awesome wonder girls as threat/competition for he to do what he did! you don't insult people you think aren't a threat to you. just sayin'

Guest whoelse_i

can someone found out more about this article

"During the interview, the girls discussed the behind-the-scenes story on Ga-In’s ‘dolphin sound’ and their relationship with the Wonder Girls. They also carried out a special mission of finding matching friendship rings on the show."

source : http://www.allkpop.com/2011/10/brown-eyed-girls-jea-i-wish-ga-in-and-jo-kwon-would-just-get-married

thank you very much

WOW, the never ending teddy riley issue is still on the cover?, come on guys, let's move on, he don't know our girls literally, all the hard works of our girls and perseverance, he don't know it, so what can we ask for him, we should understand if that's his prespective on competition. we wondefuls of all people should not step down to his level of immaturity, just look on the brighter side that in a few more days our girls are coming back, that so many issue is coming, i just look of it as an advantage for bragging up Wonder Girls name, i feel the excitedness of their comeback, and that is just a start of everything else.

Guest wonderr23

WonderGirls Sunye just updated her me2day account

[110210] Sunye's me2day update

Hello this is Sunye^^ These days we are shooting for WonderGirls at the Apollo. Each and every person from the staff members are working really hard which is why we were able to have a convenient and happy shooting ^^ Are you guys looking forward to our movie?

haha we also wish that you guys can see it soon^^ And we very much looking forward to our Korean activities, though every day is busy, we learn new things and are very healthy ^^ I am very glad that we will able to see you on this year-end.

Please be careful not to catch cold on this changing weather! ah and thank you for the passionate support for our Billboard Mashup 2011 hh thanks for this very special year-end gift ^^ Well then i wish that you guys will have a hopeful and happy day!!

Source: Sunye's official me2day

edit

i think the girls know about Teddy vs Wonderfuls issue. I really love what Yenny said about singing :)

Guest yummy_swg

Finally, a personal request: can any Thai WFs confirm whether iheartwg has shut down. My bookmark leads to a dead link when I was updating last week. Also, I see Wonder Girls Thailand is active again (I got a broken link the other time) so mea culpa in my earlier post.

iHeartWG has shut down but the webmaster said they'll be back (maybe when WG make a korean comeback? im not sure) Wondergirlsthailand, WGParadisiac are still active and there's also a new site called ThaiWonderFuls.com (ex TH-Wonderfuls union) :)

Archived