Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

Our Yosa is having fun in Korea ^^

Trans: kkk You keep asking about my private life. In Korea it's not good to invade one's privacy. my sis is arrive at house with family eat dinner and go out friend meet.

Source: @bakgoeun88

FYI @TAKiizWF and @bakgoeun88 are really close ^^ I'm having fun reading their conversations in twitter :P

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

Tencent QQ Entertainment also published a similar report.

vIviP.jpg

Source: http://ent.sina.com....123340691.shtml

Post-1980 crop to be China Mobile Wireless Music's biggest winners

Sina Entertainment 2011-06-21 14:12

The 5th China Mobile Wireless Music Awards 'Miguhui' will announce its major honors soon. Who will be this year's biggest winners? This reporter learned from the main organizer a couple days ago that beyond the usual beloved heavenly kings & queens, many fresh faces, esp. those born after 1980 & 1985, form a solid bunch & may emerge as the biggest winners of this year's show.

[skipped the next few paragraphs, which namedropped some of these 'challengers' & then segued into various artistes' pledged & anticipated attendance.]

The latest announcement from China Mobile Wireless Music Club said that Lara Veronin, Cindy Yuan, WONDERGIRLS, SIGMA, Alan Kuo, Ming Dao, Cyndi Wang, Ady An, Shone An, Nathan Lee, comedian Huang Bo, Miss World 2007 Zhang Zhilin & others will appear at the gala event. China Mobile Wireless Music's tremendous market reach is truly astounding.

[Last paragraph mentioned a couple other possible participants.]

Guest *bluebutterfly*

It seems like Wonder Girls are not going to MTV World Stage this year?

It says Beast have been added to the line-up and will be the only Korean artists to be invited this year.

Well, Wonder Girls will still be the first to be invited ever! :)

From Koreaboo.

I dont think this has been shared?

I dont remember anyway :/

(Sorry if it has  :sweatingbullets: )

Anyway, it's a video about KPOP fandom in Malaysia.

Any Malaysians in here care to translate?  :(

VIDEO :)

I think I can help... happy.gif

But I hope you can bear with my English. It's a bit suck. Be back for translating!

Edit:

Zafirah (ELF) : K-Pop is actually a Korean Pop. So, I like kpop because of their dancing, their catchy songs, and they have cute styles. So I kinda influenced by them, maybe because they were already a trend in Malaysia?

Naz & Jasper (WonderFul and VIP w00t.gif) : We both love Wondergirls because they are different from the other group, personality wise. 

These are our collections. (Shows a Maggi cup) This was filled with their signatures.

Kids : I want nobody nobody but you~

(And the other were SNSD's, B2ST's and etc..)

Guest qoxie

'Seoul's Got Soul' Coming to A Country Near You

Chosun Ilbo English 2011-06-21

The National Geographic Channel has produced a 45-minute documentary about the Korean Wave called "Seoul's Got Soul" that will air in 59 countries including Japan, France and the U.S., the Seoul Metropolitan Government announced on Monday.

The documentary probes a range of subjects, including several projects launched by the provincial Seoul government to promote Korean culture overseas, and the success of the K-pop group Wonder Girls in the U.S. It also travels to Seoul's Hongik University area and revisits sites where the popular Korean TV series "Coffee Prince" was filmed.

8Efmj.jpg

Seoul began working on the project with producers at NGC during last year's FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Inspired by the footage of red oceans of Korean soccer fans at previous World Cups, NGC expressed its desire to capture footage of Koreans supporting their national team at Seoul Plaza last summer. The government decided to cooperate and the project wrapped up last month after 10 month' filming.

This is not the first time Seoul has collaborated with foreign broadcasters on a project aimed at promoting the country.

In 2005, it worked with the Discovery Channel to produce a video introducing the newly restored Cheonggye Stream in the heart of the capital. Three years later, the government cooperated on another documentary entitled "Hip Korea" featuring actors Rain, Lee Byung-hun and figure skating star Kim Yu-na. The documentary focused on their lives in Seoul and was aired throughout Asia.

"Seoul's Got Soul" has already been broadcast in parts of Southeast Asia, including Thailand and Malaysia. It hit Korean television screens on Monday and will screen in Taiwan next month, followed by Japan and the U.S. in August, according to a spokesman for the Seoul government. An English-language version of the video will also be made available on the government's homepage.

"What is significant is that, while previous works tended to concentrate on tangible infrastructure, such as the 63 Building, old palaces or the 1988 Olympic Games, this one focuses on culture, notably the Korean Wave," said the official.

englishnews@chosun.com / Jun. 21, 2011 11:10 KST

Source: http://english.chosu...1062100911.html

- - - - - - - - - - -

hvfqq.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2tpdl.html

WONDERGIRLS Sunmi updates, her long flowing hair embodying a graceful temperament

Korea Star Daily update 2011/06/21

Recently, an online forum shared photos of original WG member Sunmi & her friends.

Her cheeriness is discernible after a closer peek. The cellphone-captured snapshots were also decorated with cute effects. Sunmi's long hair flowed naturally to one side as she took a phone call: an exquisite sight. Her skin condition was similar to during her active WG period: delicate & luminous.

Sunmi had withdrawn from WG last year. She passed her entrance exams & got into Dongguk University, where she is currently studying hard. [TV Daily roundup]

Guest r1988

^

indeed a beautiful fan art I loved sunye fan art also sunmi's one

Recent photo of ex-Wonder Girl Sunmi with friends surfaces

169790.jpg

What is ex-Wonder Girls’ Sunmi up to these days?

Recent pictures of the ex-star hanging out with her friends were uploaded onto an online community bulletin. Shown above are the two pictures, one with Sunmi smiling brightly and another with her chatting away on her cellphone.

As you can see, the pictures were cutely decorated to add the little “extra” to them. Sunmi and four other friends are seen gathered around the table, enjoying themselves freely. Just as in her Wonder Girls days, Sunmi displayed clear skin and a baby-faced beauty with her long, straight hair.

Source: TV Report

Credit:AIIKPO

:angry: I hate when some reporters refer to sunmi as ex member

Guest VenusValentine

Is it been share before ? Brave Girls say about WG ^^

My link

@r1988: that site is full of richard simmons lol, it only famous among asian BTW lol

Guest beebella89

So Jane just twitted a picture of her w/ the choreographer Kim Hwa Young. Makes me wonder if she went to Korea w/ the girls? Or did the choreographer go to New York? ( though the girls aren't there anymore) Makes me wonder if the pic is even recent...... Either way, if Kim Hwa Young is around, the girls could possibly be practicing the choreography for the new single, or maybe even getting ready to shoot their MV! *wishful thinking*

http://yfrog.com/gz59239142j

Guest r1988

guys I dont think its allkpop writer fault I think its the korean reporter who wrote the article

I guess the media in korea just found out that WG will start in a film

원더걸스, 닉 캐논과 美영화·앨범 프로젝트 시동

tn_1308713042_-2147284866_0.jpg

미국에서 활동 중인 5인 걸그룹 원더걸스가 현지에서 배우로 데뷔한다.

원더걸스는 올 하반기 영화 '원더걸스 앳 더 아폴로'(Wonder Girls At the Apollo·가제)에 배우로 참여한다. 원더걸스는 지난해 심형래 감독의 '라스트 갓 파터'에 카메오로 출연한 적은 있지만, 멤버 모두가 본격적으로 영화에 출연하는 것은 이번이 처음이다.

이 영화는 팝스타 머라이어 캐리의 남편이자 영화 '드럼라인'의 배우로 유명한 닉 캐논이 제작을 맡아 화제가 된 작품이다. 원더걸스는 닉 캐논의 연예 기획사 후배 가수인 걸 그룹 스쿨걸즈와 춤과 노래 대결을 펼치는 내용을 연기할 계획이다.

원더걸스의 영화 출연 소식은 지난 5월 프로듀서 박진영이 스위스 몽트뢰에서 열린 '페스티벌 오브 미디어 2011'의 기조 연설자로 참석하면서 먼저 공개됐다.

당시 박진영은 "원더걸스가 닉 캐논과 함께 영화 촬영에 돌입할 예정"이라라 "원더걸스와 스쿨걸즈가 영화는 물론 공동 앨범도 계획하고 있다"고 전했다.

박진영은 원더걸스의 미국 진출을 기획하며 닉 캐논과 꾸준히 교류를 가져왔다. 두 사람은 이번 영화 프로젝트를 통해 시너지 효과를 거둘 전망이다.

한편 원더걸스는 지난 2009년 히트곡 '노 바디'로 한국 가수 최초로 빌보드 메인 싱글차트인 핫100에서 76위를 차지했다.

Guest jcsmark

^

Akp picked up on that pretty quickly

Wonder Girls to work with Nick Cannon for their upcoming American movie!

by mashimello on June 22, 2011 at 1:38 am

It’s just been revealed that the Wonder Girls will debut as actresses later on this year!

The five girls will star in the upcoming movie, “Wonder Girls At The Apollo“. Though the Wonder Girls made a cameo appearance in director Shim Hyung Rae’s “The Last Godfather“, they’ll be taking up a more substantial role this time around.

It turns out that the producer for the film is none other than American superstar, Nick Cannon, who picked up the Wonder Girls to battle it out with School Gyrls, a girl group under Nick Cannon’s entertainment agency. The two girl groups will determine who’s the best through a classic singing and dance battle.

JYP Entertainment’s J.Y. Park commented, “The Wonder Girls and Nick Cannon are scheduled to film a movie together… And of course, we are planning to have the Wonder Girls and School Gyrls release a joint album.”

J.Y. Park and Nick Cannon reportedly met when the former was planning the Wonder Girls’ advancement into the U.S. market. After a couple of exchanges, they decided to collaborate on this exciting new film.

Are you guys stoked to see the Wonder Girls on the big screen?! Stay tuned to allkpop for more details!

Source: Money Today Star News via Nate News

Credit Allkpop

Guest r1988

@panda_love157 me either honestly I always try to avoid reading comments in WG articles b/c they always get bashed and attacked by allkpop users

some how I wished allkpop did not repoter about WG starting in a film b/c I knew people will bash them and say its a bad idea

Guest qoxie

So Jane just twitted a picture of her w/ the choreographer Kim Hwa Young. Makes me wonder if she went to Korea w/ the girls? Or did the choreographer go to New York? ( though the girls aren't there anymore) Makes me wonder if the pic is even recent...... Either way, if Kim Hwa Young is around, the girls could possibly be practicing the choreography for the new single, or maybe even getting ready to shoot their MV! *wishful thinking*

Hwayoung is in NYC, according to her own Twitter.

I think she arrived(?) Monday; she & a couple of colleagues were discussing a social event for when she returns home.

Jane said she's playing host to tourist Hwayoung in her accompanying tweet.

Jane also tweeted earlier that she's going to Korea on Wednesday.

Possibly with SoBin (I think) if the latter pair didn't accompany Yeeun, who apparently took the Monday flight.

I think JYP went back with Yeeun too, unless his tweet yesterday was sent from America. He sounds really re-energized.

Jane is the de facto WG manager now. She is thus needed for the upcoming Beijing (& maybe Athens) trips if JYP Korea can't send another minder.

Guest Mia_Mia

looks like JYP korea is trying to build up some excitement with Randy tweeting about Sunye's arrival in korea and now this picture of her recording!.... yay!.. very exciting

tumblr_ln6lgf1t0C1qdfofno1_500.gif

credit tumblr

Archived