Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jcsmark

^

Yeeun's really enjoying life in NY

I take that Yeeun and Lim went Jet Skiing last weekend when they were at the lake

@WGyenny Hey Girl! How's your week going?? I'm still thinking about the weekend... I want to JetSki again!! :-)

Credit MandyArlene@twitter

I like That they are able to experience new activities!

However the fact That they have so much free time on their hands seems to me that a comeback won't be happening anytime soon.

I guess we now have to look forward to August and hope this will be it?

Are we sure that it will be a full album?

Guest qoxie

aE372.jpg

Cr: a3256856 @ Baidu

WONDERGIRLS arrived in Korea yesterday. PS. This news is posted June 19 Korean time.

- - - - - -

More details:

They took separate flights: SunLim were the ones who arrived on Sunday.

Korean Sunlights & LIMits spotted them & have shared the info online.

The other 3 members are supposed to take a later flight. Heard it's either Monday or Wednesday.

Sunye went back first to "handle WG-related matters." No public activities planned, but to discuss WG's upcoming itinerary & get updated on Korean reports.

LIM tagged along "possibly cuz she has nothing to do in America."

Cr: 果汁泰然 @ Baidu

June 24 is also Sunye's father's death anniversary. She might also have returned for that.

The China Mobile Wireless Music Awards in Beijing is on that night too.

Guest qoxie

Latest Chinese translations by other fanbases now mention WG as one of the many Kpop artistes expected to grace the official press event for the United Asia Management (UAM) on June 24.

It's the mega agency jointly created by JYPE, SME, YGE, KeyEast, Star J Ent, AM Ent..

Still trying to trace the correct Korean news source before I re-translate into English....

Guest wonderr23

[Articles/Information Scrap] Keyeast, SM and other agencies will officially launch global 'UAM' on the 24th

Top six domestic agencies all in one place

Article date: 2011-06- 27

Park Jinyoung and TVXQ, Kim Hyunjoong, Soo Ae, Super Junior are some of the top stars who will gather in one place.

These people will gather together in Seoul Jangchung-dong Banyan Tree Club and Spa on the 24th at 7:30 pm.

Top agencies Keyeast, AM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, SM Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, StarJ are planning to invest and launch a global company called UAM (United Asia Management).

There will be a congratulatory party after the conference. Some of the esteemed attendees for the party are 2PM and actors Kim Namgil, Choi Kang-hee, Kim Soo-hyun, Ahn Sung-ki, Cha Seung-won, and Jeong Jun-ho.

They will also be joined by drama and film directors Kwak Kyung-taek, Kim Ji-un, Kim Seong-su, and Yoon Seok-ho.

UAM stated "We are creating an international agency which will support our artists activities in both domestic and overseas".

Other than that they are planning on expanding by casting talents and doing business abroad. Not to mention expanding Kpop which is the now known as a global wave. The launch of this combined agency will surely catch the attention of many.

Yoon Yea-soo journalist (tadada11@twitter) tadada@donga.com

Source: http://lydia9210.blog.me/110111481833

--------------------------------------------------------

i can't find any info about WG attending the event :/

Guest qoxie

I can't unearth the Korean source either. So do treat the celebrity congregation as a rumor for now.

WGHK had posted the following Chinese translation from Baidu Suzy Bae Bar.

When I checked the latter, it turned out the poster had cited Korea Herald Business as source, except the last-mentioned's article did not mention the same attendees.

Possibly there was some miscommunication along the way (mistaking general namedropping for participants).

☆Suzy★110619『行程』6.24 6大公司合开的记者会

国内和国外的艺术家,以及国际业务支持机构的代表,在国际商务专业为建立UAM(亚洲联合管理)在24日由悦榕俱乐部及水疗中心之后在首尔推出了一个新闻发布会,推出全面的。

UAM每个娱乐行业是一个在亚洲的业务支持平稳Keyeast数据库,AM,YG,SM,JYP为主,StarJ联合发布的管理,包括六个国家自残是法人实体被创建。

为在新兴的全球性机构未来全球市场的发展UAM有望带动一个成熟的。波在整个亚洲为导向的公司,以及UAM模式与国内和国际任何艺术家,数据库系统的知识产权为亚洲网络的主要业务目标施放,流量计划进行中期和长期规划。

韩流热潮在亚洲国家ilmyeonseo内容,但更广泛的市场,非法模型,未经证实的,有几个问题,如经纪人。波增长比较快,现在正处于成熟阶段UAM通过建立专业的业务在亚洲地区发展作出贡献,甚至更多的娱乐,给出。

东方神起,SJ,少时,FX,2PM,miss  s,BIGBANG,2NE1,金贤重,裴勇俊,朱智勋、金秀贤、张东健、申敏娥、秀爱、宝儿、具惠善、WonderGirls和UAM投资公司的艺术 家,电影,电视演员,导演,官员,生产者,以及许多其他关键人员的一部分应该参加。

Re-translation (last paragraph):

TVXQ, SUPERJUNIOR, SNSD, f(x), 2PM, missA, BIGBANG, 2NE1, Kim Hyun Joong, Bae Yong Jun, Joo Ji Hoon, Kim Soo Hyun, Jang Dong Gun, Shin Min Ah, Soo Ae, BoA, Goo Hye Sun, WONDERGIRLS; UAM's artistes, movie & TV actors, directors, officials, producers; as well as other key personnel are obliged to attend.

- - - - - - -

Someone else tweeted 소희 (Sohee) is shooting a pictorial next week.

WVZAs.jpg

Cr: 923rozi @ twitter + WF玥小爱 @ Baidu

Guest qoxie

Hahaha, this is very well done...

VQgqt.jpg

Cr: Anna Klavier Ronsare @ Fantastic

. . . . . while this is hysterically crude. (lol) Warning: it contains profane language: Roughly 90 percent are either cuss words or verbal scoldings (in multiple languages too). Hitler himself has, like, only half a line that is not a rebuke of some sort. ~rofl~ Demented!

元首-Nobody(Hitler sing Nobody)

Guest floral93

oh how i miss wonderbang a bittersweet memory :'[

@qoxie: what are your thoughts about the girls appearing in that press meeting/conference? i don't want to have high expectations since the girls are busy

Guest qoxie

^

No idea. Is JYP flying back too?

This event is gonna be one of the biggest media stories of the year, more so since Korean music is currently kinda on a nationalistic high after the "conquering" SM Town concerts in Europe. (See the recent stock market surge for the listed agencies.)

I've seen various sources claiming it will be either a press conference, media launch, or celebration party.

The venue itself is a 5-star resort hotel (majority-owned by Singaporeans).

Then again...

Ever since WG went to America, JYP is also traditionally stingy about featuring them to the Korean public, esp. if they don't have a product to promote.

The reporters are sure to ask about their US plans too, if they can get a word in.

Not sure either side can be satisfied if only vague answers are given.

I suspect they might yet deliberately cut back 2PM's accessibility as well, so as to better position them as an international (Japan) brand.

It's on a Friday too; 2PM will likely be on SBS Music Bank promoting their new song prior. (Maybe Sohee can cameo on the music shows? lol)

Whereas 2AM, missA, JOO & San E should be available, now that they have finished their Indonesian gig.

Guest VenusValentine

@qoxie: didn't the rest of the girls returned to Korea before June 24 right ? And Sunye return first for "WG-relate matters", so qoxie do you thing it relate to UAM things ?

But then they don't have public activity plans; so personally, i don't think they will attend the press meeting/conference :(

However, they can attend to the after party celebration, and of course they will attend Sunye's father anniversary, but it's also not public activities, so don't have high hope that the girls will appear on media reports, but (again lol) there is still chance that they are. ^^

just my 2 cents though :sweatingbullets:

Guest qoxie

^

I don't wanna speculate too much; it's fine with me either way.

The Baidu poster subsequently got flamed by some whom I recognize as established WFs (one of them a former soompier) for alleged rumor-mongering & gossiping.

Too many of WG's sub-fangroup people have slammed volunteer news-gatherers recently. I don't want it to spread here too.

Anyway, the presupposed Special Olympics involvement is more interesting, since it may involve going to Europe (Athens) with the Korean delegation for the closing ceremony (July 4).

Looks like Sohee will at least get to celebrate her birthday in Korea.

- - - - - - - - - -

This update is a few days old but still unshared.

albpt.jpg

Source: http://massively.joy...s-outfits-from/

Guest r1988

there are many articles about sunmi in nate site I guess the media and netizens just discoved sunmi pic with her friends in school

원더걸스 前 멤버 선미, 최근 모습 공개! "사슴닮은 미모는 여전해"

60853f0aeb5f15d8f0196deec8ae3ee1.jpg

[문하늘 인턴기자] 걸그룹 원더걸스를 탈퇴하고 대학생활 중인 선미의 최근 모습이 포착됐다.

최근 한 온라인 커뮤니티 게시판에는 선미가 친구들과 함께 찍은 사진이 공개돼 네티즌의 이목을 집중시키고 있다.

선미는 다수의 친구들과 함께 찍은 사진에서 밝은 표정을 지으며 손가락을 V모양으로 만들고 있거나 전화를 받는 등 자연스런 모습을 보여주며 자신의 근황을 전했다. 화장기 없는 얼굴에 짙은 색깔의 옷을 입은 수수한 모습이지만 상큼하고 깜찍한 미모는 여전히 유지하고 있다.

사진을 접한 네티즌은"선미 정말 보고 싶어요", "원하던 대학생활을 해서 그런지 밝아보이네요", "잘 지내고 있는 거 같아 마음이 놓입니다", "방송에서 모습을 보고 싶네요"라며 반가워하는 모습을 보였다.

한편 2010년 원더걸스에서 탈퇴한 선미는 검정고시를 통과해 수능을 쳤으며 현재 동국대학교 연극학부에 재학 중이다. (사진출처: 온라인 커뮤니티)

한경닷컴 bnt뉴스 기사제보 star@bntnews.co.kr

Guest qoxie

^

Yup. I was about to post this.

AHLbk.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Latest glimpse of former WONDERGIRLS member Sunmi... "as pretty as before"

Yinyuetai 2011-06-21

Korean source: DongA

Translator: x-shiping

Recently, an online message board shared photos of the latest glimpse of Sunmi. In the pictures, Sunmi & her friends were looking towards the camera, making cute faces & smiling. Another snapshot revealed her long hair & the same refined-beauty looks as before.

Netizens who saw the photos said: "Missed Sunmi so much", "as pretty as before", "looking very cheerful", "Not partaking in any public activities anymore?" & so on.

After withdrawing from WG in 2000, Sunmi had passed her Korean GED & then took her university entrance exams. She is currently studying at Dongguk University's Division of Theatre.

Guest wonderr23

선예가 한국에 왔다는..맛있는 빵을 직원들에게 줬어효 역시 민!선!예! 짱! ㅋ

Trans: Sunye who came to Korea bought tasty pastries for the staff! Min! Sun! Ye! Jjang! k

rnsg.jpg

원더걸스가 한국에 온 이유는?? ㅎㅅㅎ 조만간 알게 되실거에요~~^^

Trans: Wondergirls sudden visit in Korea?? You will find out soon~~^^

n38k.jpg

Source: Chooney7

Guest r1988

선예가 한국에 왔다는..맛있는 빵을 직원들에게 줬어효 역시 민!선!예! 짱! ㅋ

Trans: Sunye who came to Korea bought tasty pastries for the staff! Min! Sun! Ye! Jjang! k

*quoted image*

원더걸스가 한국에 온 이유는?? ㅎㅅㅎ 조만간 알게 되실거에요~~^^

Trans: Wondergirls sudden visit in Korea?? You will find out soon~~^^

*quoted image*

Source: Chooney7

Im so excited now I guess soon we will hear good news ^_^ maybe the girls will finally shoot their new MV

wonder23 lol I hate u why did u post cupcakes pic it looks so yummmmmmmmy I wanna eat it all

Guest qoxie

No official word either yet from the show organizer or JYPE China, but a couple of heavyweight China portals reported this afternoon that WG will be among the attendees for the China Mobile Miguhui Awards in Beijing on June 24.

tbc... (translating)

Archived