Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

Press release.

Comcast Celebrates Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month with 200+ Entertainment Choices On Demand

Asian-Pacific American Programming Includes Films, Documentaries and Specials

PHILADELPHIA, PA  -  May 5, 2011

Comcast is celebrating Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month with more than 200 entertainment choices On Demand that highlight Asian-Pacific American culture and contributions.  Throughout the month of May, Xfinity digital video customers can access films and documentaries recognizing Asian American historical figures, filmmakers, actors, and artists from Comcast’s Cinema Asian America On Demand, along with specials on culture, travel, music, sports and food.

“This Xfinity On Demand offering celebrates the generations of Asians and Pacific Islanders, who have enriched America’s culture,” said Diana Kerekes, Vice President, Xfinity On Demand.  “Our goal is to continue to bring this type of quality content and to offer entertainment choices that reflect the diverse interests of our customers.”

Comcast’s Asian-Pacific American Heritage Month programming highlights On Demand include:

* Films, Documentaries and Specials:

- Patsy Mink: Ahead of the Majority – A documentary about Patsy Mink, who redefined American politics by becoming the first woman of color elected to Congress and authoring Title IX legislation.

- Of Civil Wrongs and Rights: The Fred Korematsu Story – The story of an unsung civil rights hero, Fred Korematsu, who demonstrated the power of plain citizens to rise up against injustice.

- Margaret Cho: Beautiful – Margaret Cho explores the good, bad and ugly in beauty and the politicians and marketers who shape our world.

- East of Main Street: Asians Aloud – This documentary explores the perspectives and lives of not only Asians who left their lives half a world away to come to the US, but also those who have always called America home, featuring topics from religion and politics to cultural and ethnic identity.

- The Great Wall – Take a trip back more than 2,000 years, when emperors began constructing the defensive walls that would one day become Great Wall of China.

* Music and Sports:

- Music – Music videos and concerts featuring top Asian artists such as 2NE1, Big Bang, Kara, Se7en, SHINee and Wonder Girls.

- Inside Sumo – A documentary that looks at the closed world of Sumo wrestling.

- Pacquiao vs. Diaz – Watch the “Fighting Pride of the Philippines” in his past fight against David Diaz.

* Culture, Activities, Kids and Food Programming:

- Activities and Kids Programming – Kids and families can learn how to draw Japanese comic and print cartoons, as well as catch up on the latest anime dramas and comedies, such as Devil May Cry and Sengoku Basara.

- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations – Anthony Bourdain defines the international cultural landscapes of: Cambodia, China, India, Korea, Thailand and Vietnam.  

- Cooking – Specials that feature recipes from The Cooking Channel and The Food Network.

This offering joins Comcast’s Cinema Asian America, an On Demand destination launched last year that features films that reflect the diversity and depth of the Asian-Pacific American cultures and its cinema.  Comcast Cinema Asian America On Demand gives Xfinity digital video customers access to classics, award-winning movies featured on the film festival circuit, and short-and feature-length works with genres ranging from documentary to experimental. Comcast has had a longstanding commitment to diversity since its founding nearly 50 years ago and focuses its efforts in four key areas: attracting and retaining a multicultural workforce, developing a diverse supplier group, offering a wide selection of multicultural programming and pledging significant community investments.

Source: http://www.comcast.c....ashx?PRID=1077

- - - - - - - - - -

Might as well post this.

I read a month ago that Mnet USA signed a deal with Comcast to carry its channel in 4 city markets (Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, Sacramento).

It is expected to launch "by Sept 2011". Mnet USA is already airing in NYC & LA via Time Warner, plus also nationwide via the Verizon FiOS broadband network.)

Mark PD said before that the 'Made in Wonder Girls' series will air in America -- with subtitles! (lol) -- so I think American WFs can definitely look forward to it.

In the meantime, WG videos will air on Comcast as an appetizer, I guess.

Mnet Reaches New Carriage Agreement with Comcast

Deal Puts Network in Nine of the Top Ten DMAs with Launches in Chicago, Boston, San Francisco and Sacramento

LOS ANGELES, CA and PHILADELPHIA, PA  -  March 30, 2011

Mnet (www.mnet.com), the only 24/7 English-language nationwide television network in the U.S. targeting Asian Americans and fans of Asian pop culture, has reached a significant new carriage agreement with Comcast, expanding its existing relationship with the cable  operator.  The deal calls for the network to be launched on the D1 digital tier in the major markets of Chicago, Boston, San Francisco and Sacramento by September 1, 2011.

The launch in these four key markets will solidify Mnet as the only nationally distributed network targeted to English-speaking Asian Americans and fans of Asian pop culture with overall distribution to include nine out of the top ten DMAs, as well as all of the top ten Asian American DMAs.  The announcement was jointly made today by Adam Ware, Acting President & CEO of Mnet, and David Jensen, Vice President of Content Acquisition for Comcast.

Mnet’s target audience includes the most upscale and most digitally savvy consumers in the country.  According to the recently released 2010 census data, the Asian American population in the U.S. has grown significantly in the last decade, up 43.3 percent to 14.7 million compared to 10.2 million in 2000.  Based on this new data, Asian Americans currently make up 4.8 percent of the total U.S. population.

“We applaud Comcast’s clear commitment to the Asian American community and are thrilled that they chose Mnet as the network to serve their subscribers in these strategic markets.  We look forward to working closely with its local systems to bring the Mnet brand to the widest possible audience,” said Mr. Ware. “Mnet’s carriage commitments have established the network as the definitive Asian pop culture network in the U.S.  This is a great next step for us and we look forward to growing our partnership with Comcast in the months and years to come.”

“Broadening our distribution of Mnet is part of our corporate commitment, made in connection with our NBCUniversal transaction and reflected in our agreements with leading diversity organizations and the FCC, to continue expanding distribution of content by and for diverse populations,” said Mr. Jensen.  “The addition of Mnet will further enhance the already robust lineup of multicultural programming we offer and deliver even more choice to our customers.”

As a broad entertainment network focusing on Asian pop culture, Mnet airs a variety of programming that plays to the influence of K-pop music as well as anime, horror, drama and all facets of a style of pop culture that has steadily been  growing in popularity not only throughout Asia, but into America and around the world.  The network is uniquely committed to content that showcases Asian American artists both in front of and behind the camera.  This includes original programs being launched in the coming months such as:

* Beats Per Mnet (BPM) – Based out of Mnet’s Los Angeles studio, BPM is a one-hour series which will air daily Monday through Friday in primetime, highlighting the latest beats in Asian Pop culture from music and fashion to toys, film and food.  Hosted by famed stand-up comedian Paul Kim, the show will feature the latest music videos, behind-the-scenes segments, celebrity interviews and more. 

* Short Notice – Produced in Los Angeles and scheduled to premiere in spring 2011, each episode of this weekly, one-hour, original primetime series features six to seven shorts created by Asian American filmmakers. 

Other primetime programming includes M Countdown Remix (the number one-rated music TV series in Korea, and also syndicated internationally), a weekly anime block from leading U.S. distributor of popular Japanese anime Bandai Entertainment, dramas and feature films.

Source: http://www.comcast.c....ashx?PRID=1059

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh! I want those fan dolls of Sohee! Speaking of our Mandu Sohee ah, I made another video, this time it's tribute to Sohee, here it is: Who Says Sohee isn't Perfect? Hope you guys like it! NVM. I have to change the song, and reupload it. The Audio was deleted... :(... Can't wait for the new album, and I love all the updates! <3 Wonder Girls Fighting! <3 ~Linda~

And now! Here is my video for Sohee, song changed, and uploaded for good now(I hope). Here it is: Sohee is Somebody

Guest lexp

found it on tumblr!

ARTICLE ABOUT K-POP ON A FRENCH FASHION MAGAZINE : GLAMOUR.

articlekpop-585x758.jpg

Kpop, what is it? The contraction of Korean Pop, a trend music emerged in the 90’s in South Korea and won the whole planet. There are a multitude of sub-genre - R&B, pop or rock - but all these groups have one thing in common: they repeat US blockbusters codes. Kpop is a little Rihanna, Eminem or Pussicat Dolls in Korean version with big-budget videos, foolish choreography and worked look. But then what’s the point? Although the appears of spoof Market, Kpop brings a real touch of freshness. They are called Big Bang, Wonder Girls and Super Junior, these artists have a kawaii side and irresistible pop. And in France, the fan clubs are already in the starting blocks.

credits to: http://flylikegtop.tumblr.com/post/5217814095

Guest sushii-viet

found it on tumblr!

ARTICLE ABOUT K-POP ON A FRENCH FASHION MAGAZINE : GLAMOUR.

*quoted image*

Kpop, what is it? The contraction of Korean Pop, a trend music emerged in the 90’s in South Korea and won the whole planet. There are a multitude of sub-genre - R&B, pop or rock - but all these groups have one thing in common: they repeat US blockbusters codes. Kpop is a little Rihanna, Eminem or Pussicat Dolls in Korean version with big-budget videos, foolish choreography and worked look. But then what’s the point? Although the appears of spoof Market, Kpop brings a real touch of freshness. They are called Big Bang, Wonder Girls and Super Junior, these artists have a kawaii side and irresistible pop. And in France, the fan clubs are already in the starting blocks.

credits to: http://flylikegtop.tumblr.com/post/5217814095

I saw it yesterday on Kpopfr.

I'm not agree about the fact "Kawaii side". These three group has different style of my definition of "Kawaii" xD

Guest PlayGirl12

Woow Lim Is So Cute >.<

Is Jane the business manager Wonder Girls??

Hhh I Ask A Lot :sweatingbullets:

Guest wonderr23

someone should upload this part in youtube^^

*quoted image*

cr:mywonderfuls@twitter,fb

i found an article about this being mentioned as well ^^

14l3qxh.jpg

Link: http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v5/newsgeneral.php?id=584432

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lim me2day update

2h31mwn.jpg

BTW i checked JYP's friends list(JYP Nation list) in me2day just to see if YuMin made their accounts. So far there's no trace of them whatsoever on his list.

2wmf78n.jpg

See here: http://me2day.net/jypnyc/friends/list/g41yq

Guest shinhdeplol

Sunye's new twitpic :) Our Leader is always thankful towards God <3333 :wub:

Thank God so much for this amazing nature and peace.. :) twitpic.com/4u43u2

292444778.jpg

292444778.th.jpg

Guest qoxie

Can't recall if this was ever posted here.

If not, well, here you go: WonderAM & JYPE staff/friends during the US tour last year.

hc3P1.jpg

Cr: Jane Kim's Facebook

Guest Mia_Mia

looks like Sunye has got herself a new best friend now.... she's been spending quite some time with Jaeson Ma, the latest twitter picture that she and he tweeted via twitter is the same one of Central Park... im glad that once again she's making new friends and connecting with people. :)

haha... i think it's cute that he calls himself a soldier of light and that Sunye fans are called lights.... cute coincidence

Some videos to pass the time by. Waiting for the US launch seems to take forever^^

From Peru, a good Spanish cover of So Hot following the arrangement seen at Mama 2010

Wonder Girls So Hot R&B spanish version

Fellow labelmate & rap teacher San E live acoustic concert is a must see. There's a great re-arrangement of Love Sick (that song was already a small treasure), and there's Anybody's lyrics at 13:42 (credit azrina05 for the heads up)

[Live] 산이(San E)-'가면 안돼 Acoustic ver.' 1st Live

Hope this is not a repost -- a France national radio report on K-Pop, that mentions Wonder Girls and their US venture with the Jonas Brothers at 1:30.

[Mini Interview] Reportage RFI sur la kpop en France

France is becoming KPop landing pad in Europe -- don't worry about the wrongly worded magazine articles, my take on is that many French parties have set their sights on Korea's music and are trying to explain it to the public at large. The result may look funny, but the intentions are good.

^ Wow I'm french and I didn't even know about this XD So proud ^^ It's so cool that they talked about WonderGirls~~ and yes they are saying nice things about KPOP... There are new KPOP fans everyday in France, it's crazy! and they love all groups, unlike international fans who bash rookie groups sometimes... In France they really love all of them XD (of course the most popular internationally are the most popular in France too). I'm sure that when WonderGirls will release their US/korean album they'll aslo have many NEW french fans =D *You can count on me to promote them LOL* First the article on french magazine, and now the radio... and both mentionned WonderGirls... *proud Wonderful* XD

By the way, today, WonderGirls's official Youtube channel has 100,000 subscribers!!! Congratulation, girls!!!

Guest xjjjLOVE

ohmygosh I'm so jealous of all these people who have such sweet surprises!

Like the postcard! I wish I could walk around and see something like that!

I find it weird that Yebin had nightmares on the same night maybe two things,

1.) Hints to their comeback

2.) The girls are going through rough times right now

-I dearly hope it's the first one :(

And thank you for all of the Miso pictures!

Even though it kind of makes me sad, at the same time I can't help smiling over how precious they are,

i bet they can't wait to be reunited :D

(Sohee really is as sharp as knife!)

Guest Yoyo

that feaken anti are back agian with a new user name https://twitter.com/Imback9911

Haters gon' hate, I think you should just let them be.

Anyways, I really like that picture of Lim, shes so pretty and ah, all these different hair changes are making me anticipate for their comeback even more!

And that picture of Wonder/AM and the rest of the staff looks so happy and family-bonding ah.

Archived