Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Lim updated her me2day an hour ago.

It looks like she's wearing the WG Spectacle hoody again.

It's possibly from the same day.

tumblr_lkfb4latpq1qbgqcto1_500.jpg

밥먹기전에 기도하는데 친구가 자는것같다고 찍었어요..ㅠㅠ ㅋㅋㅋ

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jcsmark

Another tweet from JYP

april29.jpg

I wonder if JYP will go to the Korean Music Festival at Hollywood Bowl that's tomorrow (April 30) since he's leaving LA on Sunday. His trip is more WG related, maybe JYP is meeting with the Monster team, Darkchild, Jonas Group, Stevie Wonder?? I'm curious whether WG are in LA as well (mostly because of the past rumor that WG will film their MV in LA :) )

^

So many projects... JY's really a prolific and speedy producer :lol:

I'm sure he's reserving the best to his/our girls.

--

I love the latest photoshoot, it gives me a strong "world jet setter" vibe.

The girls look like beyond borders and styles, pure fashion creatures.

It's not easy to see K-Pop stars depicted this way, so distant from the typical idol image (maybe Rain?)

Kudos to Anna Sui and the people working at that. :wub:

--

Edit: topped a page and what's due is due. Here's some captures I left out 10 days ago.

976b53b12fee5e049b84143bd20e639b_large.jpg

10f9d6a660f658309fe5abef385bd7e1_large.jpg

e69059365f4b0ad60c27250a88fef9f3_large.jpg

f01be7231ea69971f435d8465400881f_large.jpg

I've preordered my Wonder Girls laptop bag and autographed cd back a year and a half ago, I believe. Has anyone received theirs yet?

As far as i know no one should have recieved anything apart from their "2 Different Tears" album.

The laptop case and autographed CD will be due to be released this year following their American debut album.

I think thats right anyway :sweatingbullets:

Bcuz when i ordered the autographed CD i got the "2 Different Tears" album for free :w00t:

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Yes, 2DT was given away free to those who have already pre-ordered their album because it the album was not ready to be released, so it's a kind of compensation(?)

I was going to watch some dance videos and I searched for 'pacman' he's on ABDC and picked the first one I saw and guess what ... NOBODY WAS PLAYING! Instrumental is also played at the end of the video.

Guest adyaby

Wonder Girls featured in Warhol’s “Interview” magazine

20110429_wondergirlsinterviewmag_01-600x600.jpg

With all of the US exposure the Wonder Girls have been receiving in various magazines including Teen Vogue and PAPERMAG, fans will be delighted to see that the pop group has landed yet another feature in this month’s issue of the high profile magazine, “Interview”!

Described for their “quirky looks” and “industrial strength dance beats,” the Wonder Girls are profiled in a feature article that discusses their inception and rise to stardom since 2007.

For the photoshoot, the ladies worked with world-renowned photographer Robbie Fimmano to create a high fashion photospread. Styled from head to toe by Anna Sui’s Elin Svahn in paisley patterns and dark colors, the quintet exudes an austere yet boho-chic vibe that contrasts with their quirky, girls-next-door concept from 2 Different Tears, proving the quintet’s great versatility.

“Interview,” which was founded by the artistic icon Andy Warhol in 1969, showcases intimate conversations with the world’s top celebrities, musicians, artists and creative thinkers. You can check out more about “Interview” through their official website, interviewmagazine.com.

20110429_wondergirlsinterviewmag_02.jpg

Sources: AJMukamal & TallMild on Twitter

Cr: AKP

^ Ah, she looks so cute in those pictures <3 I hope Sohee will start tweeting pictures more often now <3 Ah, this makes me anticipate even more for the girls comeback.

Guest jcsmark

Found a bigger picture of WG's feature in Interview Magazine

20110428interviewmagazi.jpg

Credit 7Jon@twitter

The tweeter also saw Sohee and Lim together in New York today.

Guest jcsmark

Here's the contents of the article (minus the little bit on the left that I still can't make out).

Dated September 2010

Wonder Girls

Photography Robbie Fimmano

THE BURGEONING INTERNATIONAL K-POP PHENOMENON EXPLAINED THROUGH THE TALE OF FIVE GIRLS WITH A SPECIAL DREAM

They’ve been called the Spice Girls of South Korea, and with good reason: The all-femme pop act Wonder Girls have the kind of quirky looks, industrial-strength dance beats, slick hooks, and rabid-following that made the British fivesome of Ginger, Scary, Posh, Baby, and Sporty a cultural phenomenon in the ‘90s – and now the quintet is looking to follow in the footsteps of the Spice Girls by riding the wave of the new western hipster fascination with all things K-Pop to become international superstars in their own right. The group was assembled in 2007 by Korean pop impresario J.Y. Park (the Korean Simon Fuller, though, according to Wonder Girl Yenny, “He would describe himself as P. Diddy”), who created JYP, his namesake academy in Seoul, with designs on cranking out future chart-toppers. At JYP, each of the Wonder Girls, who are all between the ages of 18 and 22, had to undertake a rigorous training regimen and a battery of draconian examinations designed to weed-out the would-bes from the wannabes. “It’s like a Motown academy,” Wonder Girls Sun explains. “You get tested once a month, and if you don’t do good, you get kicked out,” Yenny adds. The effort, though, has paid off: Wonder Girls are now bona fide stars in Asia, and JYP has linked with the Jonas Brothers’ management in an attempt to break the act Stateside. “When we first came to America, people said, ‘They won’t make it – they’re dreaming too big,`” Yenny says. “Even though we’re not on top yet, we’re getting there, step by step.” In between gigs – they’ve opened up for the Jonases – the Girls reside in a dormitory-style residence in Manhattan, where they are applying the same diligence they displayed in their adolescent pop studies to learning English. “We love American artists like Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, so it wasn’t hard to get into it,” Yenny says, “The emotion is easy, but the pronunciation is the hardest part.”

Sohee updated her me2day account :D

20110429newyorksoheeatj.jpg

http://me2day.net/wgsohee4

source:dilettantka

I don't know if this has been shared before, but I never saw it. Just thought it looked incredibly adorable, I miss JYP nation.

Guest wonderr23

29awuwy.jpg

Sohee's cute rabbit-like selca revealed

201104301427777162_2.jpg

[Osen = Hwang Mihyun intern journalist] Wondergirls' Sohee reveals a precocious rabbit-like selca.

Sohee on the 30th stated along with her 3 part photo "the rabbit rabbit rabbit. RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT. - ****”".

In the photo, Sohee was seen wearing a white shirt and black pants. Her hair tied neatly exuding a very matured appearance with cute natural charm.

The other point in this photo was her rabbit pose. Netizens commented, "cute", "why is Sohee doing the rabbit pose".

Meanwhile, Wondergirls' Sohee and her fellow members are currently working on their new album in America.

goodhmh@osen.co.kr

<Photo> Sohee's twitter

Source: Osen News

Guest r1988

Sohee of the Wonder Girls is a bunny!

20110429_sohee_bunny.jpg

Sohee of the Wonder Girls posted a series of adorable photos today on her Twitter and me2day, making a transformation from a beloved dumpling transformed into a cute bunny.

She tweeted, ” Bunny bunny bunny, rabbit rabbit rabbit hoot-*” along with photos of herself wearing a stylish white dress shirt and her hair tied back simply. Sohee also showed off the cute nail art of little rabbits, but fans are saying she’s the real cute bunny.

Followers commented, “So cute,” “I wish I had a Sohee doll,” and “Her little expression is the best.”

20110430_sohee_bunny_2.jpg

Source: Nate

Credit:AIIKPOP

Guest wonderr23

Another tweet from JYP

the focus seems to be more on Miss A's upcoming album. THAT special project is something BIGGER. I wish they would at least give us something a hint yo to be more exact! to give us some sort of idea about the music and the direction they're heading.kkkk

http://www.soompi.com/news/jyp-releases-10-seconds-of-miss-as-next-single

On Sohee's selca. I just wanted to point out that Sohee's star power is second to none. I saw more than 20 articles written about that rabbit-like selca alone. That to me tells that Wondergirls are not only deeply missed by fans but by the media as well.

Guest qoxie

HTg9P.jpg

http://kpoppark.com/...ohee-selca.html

Sohee's rabbit-esque expressions & actions in her "cute selcas"

Kpoppark, 2011-04-30 11:28

Translator: Dy1anL

WONDERGIRLS member Sohee's selcas showing her adopting rabbit-esque expressions have attracted everyone's attention.

On April 30 morning, Sohee tweeted: "“RABBIT RABBIT RABBIT hoot” & also uploaded 3 coquettish photos.

In the pictures, Sohee was dressed fashionably in a white shirt & black pants. She had rabbit nail art painted on & also adopted rabbit-esque facial expressions for the snapshots.

Netizens who saw the photos were enthralled: "So adorable", "such awesome natural charms", "the nail art really fits her poses" & so on.

Korean source: DongA

Guest whoelse_i

for all Arab fans out there, Fantastic already open a group for middle east country fans. Have fun all and make sure to tell your friend about this. :lol:

Archived