Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest lovepapupi

Wonder Girls @ Interview Magazine

c9991ed1fc6e424bafc14ef3b815f4f6_7.jpg

credit: 

@TallMild

source: http://instagr.am/p/DljVI/

Can someone find the real articles or the HQ of the magazine scan? I would like to see the contents of this articles

v

v

@ Rita86 I don't think this is a recent photoshoot because Yenny still with her black hair (at least they don't make this photoshoot in 2011) but it's probably in the latest magazine issue.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ thanks for that gaaah! they all look amazing! I'm gonna go look for it to buy! loving the headline as well<3

"the burgeoning international k-pop phenomenon explained through the tale of five girls with a special dream"

I'm happy the girls charted :) but I don't know how to feel about using the melon chart. Can someone tell me the creation date of melon? Didn't melon only get big during 2008 or something? And I don't remember digital downloads being huge in the early 2000's...? I dunno, lol can someone clarify for me?

Guest vietboi_tuan

That new picture is very unique and different.

Everyone looks great and I actually like what they are wearing!

Lim and YeEun really stood out to me!

As for the chart. Tell Me should at least been in top 5.

I always thought that Gee = Tell Me sequel.

Guest uchix_francois

c9991ed1fc6e424bafc14ef3b815f4f6_7.jpg

now this style i totally dig !!

the burgeoning international k-pop phenomenon

indeed... this put our girls in front of all k-pop army who's going out to conquer the world... mwahahahaha !!

Guest jcsmark

Here’s what I was able to make out from the article. (I skipped the first few lines because it was blurry) some of my wording may be wrong too lol

Wonder Girls

Photography Robbie Fimmano

THE BURGEONING INTERNATIONAL K-POP PHENOMENON EXPLAINED THROUGH THE TALE OF FIVE GIRLS WITH A SPECIAL DREAM

…….Wonder Girls have the kind of quirky looks, industrial strength dance beats.....

The group was assembled in 2007 by Korean pop impresario J.Y. Park the Korean Simon Fuller, though, according to Wonder Girl Yenny, “He would describe himself as P. Diddy” who created JYP, his namesake academy in Seoul, with designs on cranking out future chart-toppers. At JYP, each of the Wonder Girls, who are all between the ages of 18 and 22, had to undertake a rigorous training regimen and [ ] examinations designed to weed-out the would-bes from the wannabes. “It’s like a Motown academy,” Wonder Girls Sun explains. “You get tested once a month, and if you don’t do good you get kicked out,” Yenny adds. The effort, though, has paid off. Wonder Girls are now bona fide stars in Asia, and JYP has linked with the Jonas Brothers’ management in [ ] to break the act Stateside. “When we first came to America, people said, “They won’t make it – they’re dreaming too big,” Yenny says. “Even though we’re not on top yet, we’re getting there, step by step.” In between gigs – they’ve opened up for the Jonases – the Girls reside in a dormitory-style residence in Manhattan, where they are applying the same diligence they developed in their adolescent pop studies to learning English. “We love American artists like Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey, so it wasn’t hard to get into it,” Yenny says. “The emotion is easy, but the pronunciation is the hardest part.”

Guest qoxie

^

Thanks for the updates.

I will be online 24/7 this long weekend (until Monday), but busy with other stuff so thanks for picking up the slack.

The Interview concept is phenomenal! w00t.gif:w00t:w00t.gif:w00t:w00t.gif

What a fashion comeback after Teen Vogue & Papermag, both of which have their detractors...

Wowee, Anna Sui, too. Her style is as advant-garde as anybody, yet she managed to make WG both chic & cutting-edge.

Just checked: neither the Korean media nor K-WFs have picked this up yet. They're gonna spazz, I predict.

Guest adyaby

Wonder Girls featured on Mexican TV show report about the KPOP phenomenon

i'm from Mexico & u don't know how happy i was when i saw that on my TV tears.gif

i was going to translate this but my english is horrible.. so i'm glad someone did it for me xD

here are the important points for me:

Throughout the video a lot of footage from Wonder Girls’ music videos is featured and even “So Hot” and “Tell Me” are used as background music.

the videos were... Tell Me~ So Hot~ Nobody & 2 Different Tears :D

Like we said already, the diversity of KPOP groups is quite wide, this is just a taste of the most known and supported on the net: 2NE1, Wonder Girls, Drunken Tiger, Big Bang, and we are left short… (short as in, he knows he left out a lot of groups/artists)

conclusion: WONDER GIRLS = FOREVER RELEVANT  ♥

note: they were the most featured artist on the note wub.gif

Video: BIGBANGinMEXICO@youtube.com

Written and Translated by: NESSA@wonderfulsworld.com

Guest qoxie

JYP just flew to Los Angeles. Wonder if it's WG-related.

If so, with who? Stevie Wonder? Jobros?

Did the girls go too? (IMO Probably not, unless it's recording for a live show.)

His 'Wonderful' quip is such a tease, intentional or not~

zQwVy.jpg

Guest wonderr23

OMG that Anna Sui collection is wonderful!!! Actually am really not a fan of her vintage designs but in this concept i see it's more strong and more fashionable. I really wouldn't mind wearing Lim's dress on the streets of New York! I wish i can get a hold of Lim's dress...it's so pretty. And Yenny's dress as well. I can wear that when i go to Boracay!lololol Actually all of them are so freakin pretty but my favorite is Lim's! IMO YeBin are the charismatic ones. SoSunLim are fire.kkkk The wondergirls are very versatile artists INDEED. They can be sweet, strong and sexy~

Someone please please find a HQ scan of that interview!! :tears: PLease!!!

Guest qoxie

^

YeBinLim's hairstyle colors don't tally with the last we saw of the trio, though.

Wonder if they were wore wigs or extensions.

Yoobin's blond streaks match her NY Fashion Week photos in mid-Feb, so the photoshoot might have been done from that period.

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

YeBinLim's hairstyle colors don't tally with the last we saw of the trio, though.

Yoobin's blond streaks match her NY Fashion Week photos in mid-Feb, so the photoshoot might have been done from that period.

Maybe this photo was taken even before the time Ye Eun dyed her hair, around November last year ? At that time Ye Eun's hair is black while Yu Bin is red/inner blonde

Because i remember Yu bin tweet a photo of a cute cat she saw at her photoshoot, so long ago, maybe nearly a half month? And that photoshoot for Papermag, that was released not so long ago :)

Or if not, this photo was taken last month, before Yu Bin dyed her hair again, while Ye Eun maybe wore wig :)

Btw, this magazine photo is amazing, the most impressive among 3 magazine recently :)

For face expression, YeLim really stand out, but I love Sun Ye's clothes the most XD, so chic. However, in this photoshoot, So Hee didnt impress as usual

Guest wonderr23

^

woot you have a very sensitive and sharp vision qoxie.lol I haven't really noticed their hair color since the first thing that really stood out to me was their face and their dress.kkkk Yup i think this photoshoot is old judging from YeBin's hair. :D

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Yubin updated her me2day. It was her first and second update on me2day.

She included mimi in one the second update. She's talking about Sunmi? Does Sunmi have me2day?

Yubin's first update was the same as her twitter update a few days ago.

tumblr_lkeuboNJSq1qbgqcto1_500.png

Guest r1988

Thnx jcsmark for the article

I loved the photoshoot much better comparing to teen vogue I think the one that stood out and stole the whole photoshoot is lim , she looked amazing

OMG the picture!!! I LOVE it~ They look so cool and beautiful... The best is Lim! She is so pretty!!! But they all look good... Hmm... I start to think that Sohee looks better when she has solo pictures because they always give her something original and unique when she's alone. But it's OK she also look good with the other girls ^^

I love the fact that everytime they have a new photoshoot, they try different style (really DIFFERENT) and it's really nice to see them trying all these styles, even if sometimes people dislike it, at least we don't have the same pictures all the time (that would be boring), it's always something new =) They always surprise me!

Guest qoxie

Style M did a photoessay on denim fashion.

The article text comprises short blurbs introducing each featured celebrity wear: WG 원더걸스, Jo Kwon 조권, actress Lee Yeon Hee 이연희, Tiger JK 타이거JK plus actors Song Joong Ki 송중기 & Oh Ji Ho 오지호.

Title translates as "[★Photos] 'Retro' or 'Rustic': Stars of Denim Fashion' ① Wonder Girls", according to Google.

[★포토]'복고'또는'촌티',스타의 '청청패션'①원더걸스

머니투데이 지성희 인턴기자   |  입력: 2011.04.29 09:08

ufvOG.jpg

청바지와 청바지 소재의 상의를 연출하면 마치 80년대의 롤러장을 연상시킨다. 하지만 최근 복고무드와 함께 청소재로 상·하의를 연출하는 일명 '청청패션'이 돌아왔다. 청청패션을 복고무드에 맞게 세련되게 소화한 스타가 있는가 하면 '촌티풀풀' 날리는 스타도 있다. '청청패션'을 연출한 스타를 알아보자.

그룹 '원더걸스'는 2010년 활동 당시 데님소재로 무대의상을 연출했다. 상의에는 밝은 색의 염색 워싱을 통해 무늬가 곁들여지게 하고 하의에는 워싱이 없는 데님 청바지를 매치했다.

그룹 '2AM'의 조권은 밝은 톤의 데님셔츠에 셔츠와는 다른 색의 청바지를 매치해 청청패션을 연출했다. 그는 청청패션에 백 팩과 아이패드 케이스, 진분홍색 신발로 포인트를 줬다.

청순함이 매력인 배우 이연희도 청청패션을 선보였다. 영화 시사회장에 등장한 이연히는 화이트에 가까워진 데님셔츠에 데님을 매치했다. 셔츠와 바지 사이에 회색 티셔츠를 보이게 입고 두 색의 중간 톤 컬러의 백을 매치했다.

랩퍼 타이거JK는 부인 윤미래와 함께 축하공연을 하면서 청청패션을 뽐냈다. 복고무드 컬러로 돋보이는 셔츠에 워싱이 들어간 데님 진을 입었다.

피부미남 배우 송중기는 타이거JK가 입었던 셔츠와 비슷한 톤의 셔츠를 입고 워싱이 들어가지 않은 데님 진을 매치했다. 거기에 비비드 컬러의 블루 카디건을 매치했는데 복고무드보다는 촌티가 난다는 평을 받았다.

배우 오지호는 공항패션으로 청청패션을 연출했다. 포켓이 돋보이는 셔츠에 그레이 데님 진을 매치했다. 컬러에 무게감이 있는 상의에 무채색이 돋보이는 하의를 매치해 그만의 '청청패션'을 완성했다.

Source: http://news.search.n...C7%27&x=25&y=20

Guest makihiro

I love the new photo, Lim looks amazing in that photo...I love their concept, again something different..I love how they experiment in their photo shoots, even though sometimes it turn out not to be appreciated by the majority..I like Sohee's look in this photo shoot too, and Sunye as well just love the angle of their head shots :)

Archived