Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

qoxie Yes they are now a part of THAT history. But what am referring to is the more bigger crown. Sure they are the first Asians who were able to break into the billboards in 30 years when no one could but they're not THERE yet. THERE as in the BEST if you know what i mean. And if the others managed to grab that from them first then that's a shame. But like you i have complete faith in our girls. I know they can do this if they can this thing right. Pronto! :)

BTW good news for the Big Three on their last year's revenue. They had a combined revenue of 150 billion won which is pretty insane! I just translated the ones which had JYP part.

[단독]SM·YG·JYP, 2010년 매출은? 사상최고 '1500억'

길혜성 기자

입력 : 2011.04.12 14:59

2011041214050218383_1.jpg?time=154334

SM의 이수만, YG의 양현석, JYP의 박진영 ⓒ머니투데이 스타뉴스

국내 가요 3강인 SM엔터테인먼트(이하 SM), YG엔터테인먼트(이하 YG), JYP엔터테인먼트(이하 JYP)의 지난해 수익이 모두 드러났다.

지난 3월 말 SM과 JYP가 금융감독원 전자공시시스템을 통해 사업 및 감사보고서를 고시하며 2010년 1월1일부터 12월31일까지의 매출액, 영업이익, 순이익 등을 공식적으로 알렸다. 여기에 이달 12일 YG까지 전자공시시스템에 감사보고서를 올리면서, 가요 3사의 지난해 수입을 모두 알 수 있게 됐다.

결론부터 이야기하면 가요 3사 모두 지난해 매출액과 순이익 면에서 최고의 한 해를 모았다. 3사 매출액 총 합계가 사상 처음으로 1500억원을 넘어섰다. 물론 3사 모두 흑자를 냈다.

코스닥상장사인 SM은 2010년 한 해 864억96만원의 매출액을 기록했다. 이는 전 해인 2009년 나타냈던 사상 최고 매출액인 617억8849만원보다 약 250억원 많은 수치다. 당연히 회사 설립 사상 최다 매출액이다.

SM은 매출액에서 매출 원가 및 임직원 급여 등을 뺀 영업이익 부문에서도 254억7581만원을 기록, 지난 2009년 보였던 92억6634만원보다 150억원 이상의 상승을 보였다. 순이익 역시 사상 최초로 200억원을 넘어서며 총 218억원을 기록했다. 2009년 순이익은 44억원이었다.

YG도 지난 2010년 매출액, 영업이익, 순이익 모두에서 최고의 한 해를 보냈다.

YG는 지난해 매출액 447억7289원, 영업이익 103억4504원, 순이익 97억6824원을 기록했다. 모든 면에서 사상 최고였던 2009년 기록을 1년 만에 모두 갈아치웠다. YG는 2009년에는 매출액 356억9336만원, 영업이익 73억9089만원, 순이익 41억6226만원을 보였다.

JYP의 약진도 눈부셨다.

JYP는 지난 한 해 총 216억8012원의 매출액을 기록했다. 이는 직전해인 2009년의 101억6354만원보다 2배 이상 오른 것이다. 영업이익도 59억399만원을 보이며 지난 2009년의 2억3000만원을 압도적 넘어섰다.

더욱 눈에 띄는 것은 순이익 면에서 흑자로 돌아섰다는 것이다. JYP는 2009년 원더걸스의 미국 진출 등에 아낌없이 투자하며 46억7777만원의 적자를 보였지만, 올해는 9억 434만원의 흑자를 냈다.

보아 소녀시대 동방신기 슈퍼주니어 샤이니 f(x) 강타 등이 소속된 이수만 회장의 SM, 양현석이 실질적 수장이며 빅뱅 2NE1 세븐 거미 등이 몸담고 있는 YG, 박진영이 2PM 원더걸스 등을 이끌고 있는 JYP 모두 지난해 국내 및 해외에서 맹활약했기에, 3사 모두 사상 최고의 매출액 등을 기록했다는 평가다.

SM-YG-JYP 2010 sales? All time high '150 billion won'

Gil Hyeseong reporter

2011.04.12 14:59

2011041214050218383_1.jpg?time=154334

SM's Lee Suman, YG's Yang Hyunsuk, JYP's Park Jinyoung ⓒMoney Today Star News

The last year's domestic revenue of the big three SM Entertainment, YG Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment was revealed.

SM and JYP late last March revealed the audit reports done by the Financial Supervisory Service on their 2010 sales, operating profit, and net profit (from January 1 to December 31). YG also revealed their audit reports on the 12th of this month.

For the first time the big three was able to gain 150 billion won in sales last year. Certainly they had huge surpluses.

JYP also had a breakthrough

JYP was recorded to have had a total sale of 21,600,008,012 won last year. This is twice more than what they gained in 2009 which is 10.16354 billion won. The operating profit is 5.90399 billion won and overwhelmingly surpassed what they gained in 2009 which is 230 million won.

More eyecatching is their net profit surplus. JYP on 2009 generously invested on Wonder Girls American launch, although it showed a deficit of 4.67777 billion won, this year they had a surplus of 904.34 million won.

Source: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2011041214050218383&type=1&outlink=1

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovepapupi

Somehow I think that 2NE1 waiting for US market response on Wonder Girls album later on June. That's why (if true) 2NE1 deciding  to launch their album in August. YG might not want to risk too much if it turns out another group didn't  succeed in US. Instead of wanting to say they are cowards, but of course they are going to be very careful after Seven failed to succeed in US. I can't blame on them.

I also love 2NE1, especially Park Bom. But after hearing Can't Nobody english version, though sounded interesting but they are more english pronunciation sounds like engrish. Language is the biggest obstacle for Asian people such as Korea, Japan, and China to succeed in US. US market don't like if they hear someone speak engrish. That is why BoA failed there. Although she has enough capability.

Over two years JYP deliberately train the Wonder Girls in US is not without reason. Of course, besides giving them more intensive training in the field of vocal and dance but most important is get them to be able to adapt to western culture. Both of about lifestyle and how they socialize. No one can conquer a country if we do not know the culture of the country itself. That's why we can said the Wonder Girls have advantages on that side than the other groups who want make US debut.

That is right about 2NE1 style more suited to US culture. But people in US prefer something original. They don't really like if there are American 'wannabe' who appeared on their music market. It is not intended to speak bad, but 2NE1 need more than just follow the American way to be successful there. I didn't mean racist (I'm also half asia and half germany), but see Asian face doing American-style will make them not comfort. Better to come out with their own style like Gaga. Even though people think she's crazy and weird but many people are like her. If Wonder Girls using their own style and succeed, of course many people will assume they are more special because it is different from the usual of American style.

@ wonderr23 Actually I also same with you in one thing. My feelings are rarely wrong to see if someone can be successful or not. When I first see Britney Spears with the song Baby One More Time in 1999 and Gaga with her 'Just Dance', I immediately guessed that they would be successful. Just as Wonder Girls and I hope will happen according to my feelings. Although initially many people who doubted Britney, she became one of the famous idol of all time now (aside all her scandal). But clearly I don't want the Wonder Girls will change if they succeed in US. I like them now. Those who are humble and never give up.

Guest i.said.goodbye

I don't think these have been shared

with event organiser in Malaysia

217435_208143799210475_113524762005713_749902_6757237_n.jpg

216799_208143779210477_113524762005713_749901_558657_n.jpg

217091_208143765877145_113524762005713_749900_2059455_n.jpg

he's holding a bit too tight on Binnie's hand :sweatingbullets:

with older fans lol

206836_208143815877140_113524762005713_749903_1029077_n.jpg

aren't our girls gorgeous? :wub:

215295_208143825877139_113524762005713_749904_6985098_n.jpg

credit roswellgirl @twitter

Guest yummy_swg

a Thai Wonderful (@Natcha_WFs) goes to JYP building in Korea and meets the Wonder Girls (except yubin TT) i'll translate some of her tweets

"Sohee went inside the building. She bowed to me soooo cute"

"Sunmi!!! Her hair is quite long now. Sunmi came out with a staff and laughed along. She's so beautiful and she's still our 4D little Sunmi"

"i met sunmi again so i gave her some candies and told her i'm a Thai Wonderful. Sunmi asked my name and signed for me... i'm so happy"

"When i told her 'i miss her' she giggled and said 'i miss you too' me >> melting"

"Sunmi got into a car to go home. She said to the staff with a very cheerful voice 'i'm going homeee' so cuteee. A staff drove her home"

"Yeeun, Sunye, Lim went out for dinner. i got Yeeun's signature Arghhhh she's my bias. i told her i'm from Thailand and she gave me a sweet smile. PS. no make up but so beautiful"

"Sohee and Yubin haven't come out"

yenny and sunmi' signatures

x2577ed4d.jpg

x2577e353.jpg

Credit to @Natcha_WFs's twitter

Guest valentino_rossi46

a Thai Wonderful (@Natcha_WFs) goes to JYP building in Korea and meets the Wonder Girls (except yubin TT) i'll translate some of her tweets

"Sohee went inside the building. She bowed to me soooo cute"

"Sunmi!!! Her hair is quite long now. Sunmi came out with a staff and laughed along. She's so beautiful and she's still our 4D little Sunmi"

"i met sunmi again so i gave her some candies and told her i'm a Thai Wonderful. Sunmi asked my name and signed for me... i'm so happy"

"When i told her 'i miss her' she giggled and said 'i miss you too' me >> melting"

"Sunmi got into a car to go home. She said to the staff with a very cheerful voice 'i'm going homeee' so cuteee. A staff drove her home"

"Yeeun, Sunye, Lim went out for dinner. i got Yeeun's signature Arghhhh she's my bias. i told her i'm from Thailand and she gave me a sweet smile. PS. no make up but so beautiful"

"Sohee and Yubin haven't come out"

So she waited outside then So Hee came, then Sun Mi, they didnt go together ? Others came before Natcha reached JYPE?

I have just check her twitter but all are Thais, so cant understand >< , so happy for her. Last time when Apple (Sunmijjang admin) went to Korea, I read her twitter everyday, I was so happy when she wait outside JYPE many hours then can meet Sun Mi, now I feel the same for Natcha.

Hope someday I can like them, wait the girls outside JYPE and cheer them :)

And Sun Mi was definitely happy when she said "Im going home" :), "home" is her everything :).

Please translate Natcha tweet if she can meet WGs next time :)

Hi ppl....I'm a MY wonderful, have been for a few years now but I've only just recently joined soompi. I wasn't going to post anything just yet bcuz I have exams AND MAJOR STRESS(last year of high school!:D) but I guess the Wonderful power in me was too strong.:sweatingbullets:

Regarding the whole WG and 2NE1 US debut thing, I am feeling a bit worried but I think it will all work out for WG in the end, regardless of 2NE1's foray into the American music market. Considering that WG already has a substantial fanbase in the US as well as globally, their album sales should be okay. So it definitely won't be a flop.(BELIEVE IN THE WONDER EFFECT!) Plus, I think that we have to bear in mind that WG and 2NE1 cater to different music markets and genres. Taylor Swift and BEP are both equally popular but their music is practically worlds apart. No matter what happens though, WG will still be going strong so there really is little cause for concern.:lol:

HEY!! WE"RE THE SAME AGE! DON'T WORRY... (ALTHO EXAMS ARE SCARY)... WELCOME, NEW SOOMPIER!!! w00t.gif

Guest qoxie

More eyecatching is their net profit surplus. JYP on 2009 generously  invested on Wonder Girls American launch, although it showed a deficit  of 4.67777 billion won, this year they had a surplus of 904.34 million  won.

Thanks for the translation again.

This is gold: I think the bulk of the 904.34 million won (US$834,000) is likely WG's US tour profits.

(The promoter typically gets a cut of the box office, but JYPE will get to keep all the merchandise income.)

They had no other money-making US activities of note last year. The 2DT album (the Justice version with the 'cleaned-up' lyrics) spending one week on Billboard Heatseekers probably meant 5K~8K sales by my estimation. Other gigs like the KMF & LAKFF events were one-offs; I don't think the NYC Fashion Week paid that much either.

- - - - - - - - -

lemurturtle -- Interscope Records? 2NE1 & WG may share the same US distributor then.

Interscope is owned by Universal Music, which is also likely WG's US partner. Those photos of JYP & Stevie Wonder were taken at Interscope's premises.

- - - - - - - - -

lovepapupi -- I think 2NE1's later US launch is mainly cuz Black Eyed Peas will be touring Europe in June & July.

They are said to be waiting for Will.i.am. Dunno what for, maybe the album will be released on his independent label & they may support BEP on a US tour, both of which are pure speculation for now.

Guest lovepapupi

lovepapupi -- I think 2NE1's later US launch is mainly cuz Black Eyed Peas will be touring Europe in June & July.

They are said to be waiting for Will.i.am. Dunno what for, maybe the album will be released on his independent label & they may support BEP on a US tour, both of which are pure speculation for now.

But I think the speculation is makes sense (more reasonable than my speculation beforelaugh.gif). They probably will be the opening artist for BEP concert. They will start looking for US fans through the concert. Most likely this done as well as a test for US market before their debut. If they get a positive response, he surely will launch the album soon. But whatever happened later I just hope both Wonder Girls and 2NE1 can be equally successful in America with their each track. Because somehow they all tried really hard. Moreover, the Wonder Girls who  have to live apart from their families and their friends for years

Guest kimkleirheechul143

hello everybody!! im a silent reader here for the past few months.. but now decided to break my silence..lol..

btw, im sohee-biased if anybody is interested.

the reason im finally breaking my silence is that i want to share my two-cents about the recent discussion of WG as well as 2ne1's US debut..

Personally, im not worried nor nervous about the latter's US debut..If they do great, then that's good. Its great for kpop to be more well know globally..

however, some artists and some fans are taking for granted the music industry of other countries.more especially that of US..Some may love KPOP, but definitely most will not accept them easily. Racism in the US is still rampant.

But personally I kinda feel offended on how KPOP idols are taking the music industry for granted. The best example should be seen with various idols juggling between Korean and overseas activities (p.s. im not particularly pointing any finger, more just a general idea). They are equating popularity to success, which should not be the case. The likes of TVXQ, BoA and BigBang spent a year or so in Japan to establish themselves leaving Korean activities behind. That is true success! Wonder Girls left their popularity in Korea behind for the sake of establishing themselves in the US. They endured hardships and criticisms amongst international media and fans. and i believe they are heading towards the road of success.this said w/o any bias.

Guest kimkleirheechul143

hello everybody!! im a silent reader here for the past few months.. but now decided to break my silence..lol..

btw, im sohee-biased if anybody is interested.

the reason im finally breaking my silence is that i want to share my two-cents about the recent discussion of WG as well as 2ne1's US debut..

Personally, im not worried nor nervous about the latter's US debut..If they do great, then that's good. Its great for kpop to be more well know globally..

however, some artists and some fans are taking for granted the music industry of other countries.more especially that of US..Some may love KPOP, but definitely most will not accept them easily. Racism in the US is still rampant.

But personally I kinda feel offended on how KPOP idols are taking the music industry for granted. The best example should be seen with various idols juggling between Korean and overseas activities (p.s. im not particularly pointing any finger, more just a general idea). They are equating popularity to success, which should not be the case. The likes of TVXQ, BoA and BigBang spent a year or so in Japan to establish themselves leaving Korean activities behind. That is true success! Wonder Girls left their popularity in Korea behind for the sake of establishing themselves in the US. They endured hardships and criticisms amongst international media and fans. and i believe they are heading towards the road of success.this said w/o any bias.

if i may sound offensive..sorry in advance..

Guest sushii-viet

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194189840617449

Can u guys help Wonderfuls for this event!please!

I think it's not a good Idea. Because Sunmi decided to leave Wonder Girls to go to school like a normal teenager.

If you are really a Fan, so you have to respect Sunmi decision. We have to support her.

I also miss her so much, but if she want to concentrate on her study. Just respect her decision.

Guest r1988

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194189840617449

Can u guys help Wonderfuls for this event!please!

sorry Im not going to take part in this event , Im one of sunmi biggest supporters and I want her to comeback as wonder girl and Im dying to see her standing and performing again in one stage with other girls but in the same time we must all respect sunmi decision and let her be the one who decide when she wants to comeback not us.. I dont think its fair for us to push her to comeback so please have more faith and wait for our sunmi

Guest qoxie

No wonder Wooyoung doesn't mind cross-dressing (refer to JYP Nation pic).... lol (j/k)

2AM Seulong says turned down JYP for YG

Asia Economy 2011.04.11 23:16

Boy band 2AM member Seulong says he had turned down his current agency JYP Entertainment (JYPE) to join YG Entertainment.

Seulong  made the remark on a pre-recorded session of a Monday talk show on SBS  whose title is translated into "Night After Night," saying that he got  into JYPE when he had only auditioned for them as practice and actually  wanted to get into YG.

"I turned down an initial offer from JYPE  because I had made the first round of auditions for YG...... But I ended  up not making it into YG and got another call from JYP so that's how I  became a member of 2AM," he added.

In the meantime, Wooyoung of boy band 2PM said he once auditioned for a position in female idol group Wonder Girls.  

"There  were several more adventurous and brave guys, other than me, at that  audition, although it ended up becoming taken by Yenny," explained  Wooyoung.

Seulong, 23, made his debut as one of the members in  his four-member ballad group 2AM in 2008. They are well known for their  many hit songs including "This Song," "Can't Let You Go Even If I Die,"  and "I Did Wrong."

Outside of his group activities, Seulong has  appeared in the MBC's hit series "Personal Taste" and is one of the  hosts for reality TV show "We Got Married."

Wooyoung, 21, made his debut through his six-member band which has been popular since their debut in 2008.

He  has also branched out into various facets of the entertainment  industry, appearing on several variety shows as well as hosting them and  most recently, starred in KBS TV series "Dream High."

Source: http://www.asiae.co....041123150014116

- - - - - - - -

The following tidbit isn't 100% about WG, but I am slipping it in since it mentioned what JYP did after returning from working with the girls in the USA.

The main theme is about the Korean agencies' "surprise presents" for their artistes.

Overall, SM Town is portrayed as the most extravagant. The article lead-in is about how they recently rented a private nightclub for SNSD to unwind in for 2 days (I am sure the English Kpop sites have reported this).

Meanwhile, YG Family is said to adhere more to a 'carrot-&-stick' philosophy, so as to encourage internal competition. (Not being Machiavellian per se, but more in response to their artistes' personalities.)

JYP Nation is somewhere in between, with the reporter choosing to emphasize the humanistic gestures. Translating the relevant part:

JYP Entertainment of 2PM, WONDERGIRLS, missA & other idol groups recently gave missA's Chinese members FEI & JIA 2 weeks of "special home leave" after completing their Korean activities. A JYPE official said: "The girls were reduced to tears at the unexpected gift. Their morale soared after receiving the 'surprise present'".....

The 'surprise presents' from their management often touched the idols too. JYP Entertainment boss Park Jin Young turned up suddenly at the recording studio after a recent US business trip, giving the idols there a bottle of vitamins each & extolling them to take care of their health. They were very moved....

Source: http://news.yule.com...1104/88732.html

Awww......

Guest lovepapupi

@kimkleirheechul143 Hi welcome to this thread. I'm also new in this thread

laugh.gif. But somehow I'm familiar with your id. Are you the owner of kimkleirheechul143 channel on YT? I often see the videos in that channel.

I'm agree with you about the true success. That's why BoA and TVXQ become Hallyu Wave leader in Japan. And Wonder Girls are heading the same road, of course as Hallyu Wave leader in US and global market.

@qoxie LOL about Wooyoung. In fact, I'm imagining how JYP's face when Wooyoung suddenly appeared on the audition. Maybe he thought the young man in front of him have some problem in his mind. I really love JYP nation. All of them are lovable.

And about JYP. Yes he is a strict person but he also very concerned about his 'children' happiness (like in Mimi case). That's why I have a lot of respect for him.

Guest qoxie

I was watching Pikeyenny's upload of the 'Succumb Not To Sorrow' live performance & realized, from reading the comments there, that many non-speakers do not know what the theme song is about.

So here are the Mandarin lyrics & my translations.

The song is based on Kenji Miyazawa's (1896-1933) poignant poem 'Ame ni mo Makezu'.

Artistes 311 recorded it separately in 3 languages: Japanese (Mr. Miyazawa's original words, look up wikipedia), Mandarin & Cantonese (both rewritten lyrics).

For the live performance, they sang it in this sequence: 1st verse (Japanese), 2nd verse (Mandarin), chorus (Mandarin), 3rd verse (Japanese), chorus (Cantonese), 4th verse (Cantonese)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIFqNoHLv2U

我们不要输给雨 我们不要输给风

我们不要输给心痛

经过炎夏经过寒冬 经过地裂与海涌

世界并没有不同

西边母亲有倦容 东边有生病孩童

南方有生命快告终

北方如果发生什么 让我不分轻与重

四面八方把爱送

Chorus:

不需要别人称赞也不须忧心忡忡

我只想把我的爱转化成行动

没有贪念也不生气 冷静从容

希望给你一些帮助 告诉你我懂

我们都不要输给雨 不要输给风

尽管前路多朦胧

地球一个角落让我栖身其中 愿身体健康

省吃俭用 彼此更包容

Repeat chorus

我们不要输给雨 我们不要输给风

微笑了解在其中

原野松林海洋草丛 每颗心灵的悸动

才是最贵重 其它一切 是一场梦

- - - - - - - - - - - -

we mustn't lose to the rain, we mustn't lose to the winds

we mustn't succumb to sorrow

after the summer after the winter, after the quake & floods

the world has not yet changed

a fatigued mother to my west, a sickened child to my east

a life is ending soon to my south

whatever is to my north, i won't differentiate

i will spread my love all around

Chorus:

i don't need praises nor am i troubled by anguish

i just want to put my love into action

i am neither greedy nor angry, i am calm & collected

i just want to help you some, to let you know i empathize

we mustn't lose to the rain, mustn't lose to the winds

no matter how uncertain the road ahead is

there is a corner of the earth to shelter us & hopefully get well

to live frugally, & be more tolerant of one another

Repeat chorus

we mustn't lose to the rain, we mustn't lose to the winds

let's have understanding smiles inside us

every heart that throbs across the plains, groves, oceans & greenery

is the most precious thing of all, everything else is illusory

Here is a screenshot of the sole WG photo at the official fundraiser site as a keepsake, in case the organizers decide to shut it down without warning.

The archived photo albums contain mostly pictures of the studio recording right through to the stage rehearsals. None from the show itself.

The caption here reads: "Wonder Girls during live rehearsal."

ctVqD.jpg

Source: http://www.artistes3...otos#&panel1-19

@qoxie thanks for the poem, that was really illuminating.

So the organizers selected the poem and prepared a multi-lingual translation? This is dedication...

---

My 2 cents about the 2NE1 news. I would like to quickly dismiss any worry, but must admit that the news about their launch have had some slightly unnerving effect on me too, I guess acting as catalyst of something else, that is the long wait for the Wonder Girls launch (June come now! ^^)

Whatever. The US scene is in a magic moment for Asians to move in. There's been the boom of Far East Movement (try typing 'like' in Chrome with Google's automatic suggestions turned on. I get "...a G6" in 2nd place :ph34r: ), plus MNet opening in the States, the fresh news of the big 3 joining forces for the international market rights... Nothing strange that other groups plans are unrolling in 2011. It's years since the Korean top producers set their sight over the US, and despite JY being the most vocal and keen to disclose every step of his way, he's never been the only one.

Whatever promotes Korean music is welcome for me -- my doubt is that if Will.I.Am product will be something KPop or not. As far as I understand YG, it is going to sound more American than Asian -- but if it can yield to a stronger Asian Music trend in the western world it will be surely good.

I still give to our girls and to JY my deepest faith, there's not been others spending so much time, organization, and money in preparations. I did not hear about other CEO's leaving their seat home empty for years (!) to open an American location and start networking in the US -- business people tend to do give so much attentions only to their pet projects. Finally, money is the real tell tale. Successful people doesn't spend million $ in hopeless dreams, but in investments -- the risk is taken when gain is possible (remember the 50,1% probability riff in Golden Fishery?). The girls can hit it, otherwise this project would have quietly stopped a long time ago.

--

BTW... I don't get this as a competition for a crown happening outside Korea. Other country, other rules. :P

Archived