Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest panda_love157

I cant help but feel a little naxious for Our girls debut, they've worked soooo hard this past year, they deserve all the success.

And with 2ne1s debut, ppl are gonna start comparing again -.- its annoying.

And knowing that 2ne1's music style is very american and the US is bound to accept it more. And with WG that have a retro concept that they're going to be using on the US debut. Hopefully WG really brings it and focuses on their US debut, i dont mind a 2week promotion in korea because US promotions are definitely more important.

Guest yubin4ever

Hey everyone, I just want to say not to be worried about any other korean groups debuting in America. Lets just wish they can do good as well because it might end up helping the WG in becoming popular also. People in America who might like 2ne1 might search for WG music since they might think they are similar and vice versa. I think it is a very good thing that more kpop groups are coming to America. Even though personally I feel like WG are a more likable group/great and charismatic performers and they will definitely do the best out of korean music because people wont think they are trying too hard to be a certain way

Edit:Oh man i didnt mean to top a page with this kind of comment :vicx:

I dont really have any new pictures to share but this is a WG video that I have been recently obsessed with- Wonder Girls "Now" dance version. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way Sunmi is dancing in this. She doesnt get much credit when it comes to dancing but she is easily my favorite dancer in this video

^ I'm not worried about other groups because I believe in our girls !!! The result is important but it's not the most important thing, the most important thing to always remember is that the girls did (and they'll still do) their best to become successful. If americans can't accept them, then we can't do anything about it. But at least, there will be no regrets. We can say that they tried everything and they worked really hard. But honestly I feel like they'll be successful (maybe something big, if not, at least a little successful ^^) they are working with good producers. Of course we'll know only after listening to the songs ^^ However, I'm happy WonderGirls aren't trying to have american style. When BoA or Se7en tried to debut in US, they tried to be like americans and it didn't work. I hope WonderGirls won't change, they should keep their original style. I prefer that they stay with their own style even if they don't become successful, than trying to be all american style and being successful.

I like 2NE1 too but we never know what could happen. They have will.I.am but it doesn't mean anything... I have an example of a french singer (I'm french) who worked with Timbaland (it was when Timbaland was super popular with The Way I Are, Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado and all) and Timbaland even gave him good songs, but you know what, he failed. He also tried to be more american (it was like Justin Timberlake #2) and now he's back in France. I'm not saying it'll be the same for 2NE1... I love 2NE1 and I wish them the best. But the fact that they have american style and work with will.I.am doesn't mean they'll be successful for sure...

Anyways, good luck to both WonderGirls & 2NE1 after all they both spread the Hallyu Wave so it's all good =)

But honestly, GO WONDERGIRLS !!! XD

Let's share some fanmade videos about our girls !!! Special MinAhn today =) Other members next time...

Are you addicted to Sunye's laughter? I am!!!

> Just some moments when Sunye is laughing^^

Sohee's smile is precious... so adorable!!!

> This one is like my favorite Sohee fanmade!!! Too cute... Must watch!!!

Bonus: MinAhn moment...

> Short but cute...^^

CR - MinAhnCafe, siang7tgmail, AHNDONA @ youtube.

Don't forget to support fans who make fanmade videos because if we don't, they'll stop ^^ We need them too, they spread the Wonder~ haha !!

Watch the videos, "like" the videos, comment the videos, add to your favorites... Do what you can !! =)

Guest sushii-viet

^ I'm not worried about other groups because I believe in our girls !!! The result is important but it's not the most important thing, the most important thing to always remember is that the girls did (and they'll still do) their best to become successful. If americans can't accept them, then we can't do anything about it. But at least, there will be no regrets. We can say that they tried everything and they worked really hard. But honestly I feel like they'll be successful (maybe something big, if not, at least a little successful ^^) they are working with good producers. Of course we'll know only after listening to the songs ^^ However, I'm happy WonderGirls aren't trying to have american style. When BoA or Se7en tried to debut in US, they tried to be like americans and it didn't work. I hope WonderGirls won't change, they should keep their original style. I prefer that they stay with their own style even if they don't become successful, than trying to be all american style and being successful.

I like 2NE1 too but we never know what could happen. They have will.I.am but it doesn't mean anything... I have an example of a french singer (I'm french) who worked with Timbaland (it was when Timbaland was super popular with The Way I Are, Justin Timberlake, Nelly Furtado and all) and Timbaland even gave him good songs, but you know what, he failed. He also tried to be more american (it was like Justin Timberlake #2) and now he's back in France. I'm not saying it'll be the same for 2NE1... I love 2NE1 and I wish them the best. But the fact that they have american style and work with will.I.am doesn't mean they'll be successful for sure...

Anyways, good luck to both WonderGirls and 2NE1 after all they both spread the Hallyu Wave so it's all good =)

But honestly, GO WONDERGIRLS !!! XD

Are you talking about M Pokora?

Anyway, I hope both group to be a succes. I believe in Wonder Girls. They are just Amazing with a big A

^ Haha yes I'm talking about M Pokora ^^

I mean, his song wasn't that bad, if Justin Timberlake did that song it would have been a success. But the fact that it was his debut and he tried to have american style... Well he failed. Even with Timbaland as a producer. I wish it won't happen to 2NE1. I was just saying that big producers or american style doesn't equal to success. Good luck to both WonderGirls & 2NE1. OK let's stop talking about other groups haha I BELIEVE IN WONDEREFFECT !!! XD

Guest jcsmark

^

Yup! Believe in the WonderEffect

Check this out

unled.jpg

Credit TibiPR@twitter

Looks like WG attending and networking at NY Fashions Shows was well worth it :)

Hopefully they will receive the tweet/offer. I'm sure Sohee and Yubin the two fashionistas would love this

Tibi New York website: http://www.tibi.com/

^

Yup! Believe in the WonderEffect

Check this out

*quoted image*

Credit TibiPR@twitter

Looks like WG attending and networking at NY Fashions Shows was well worth it :)

Hopefully they will receive the tweet/offer. I'm sure Sohee and Yubin the two fashionistas would love this

Tibi New York website: http://www.tibi.com/

Maybe we can help and tweet them the contact info? Does anyone know it?

And I see everyone here talking about 2ne1 being a treat to the WG? I wouldn't worry too much, I don't know with what song they're gonna debut in the US. But I heard 'Can't Nobody [eng version]' today for the first time and I couldn't really understand a lot of it tbh, the english pronunciation wasn't that good. Wonder Girls have been practicing a lot on their english, I'm sure they're gonna do well! Fighting~!!! And I'm not bashing 2ne1 here, just saying what I think. kkk

Seriously who care? We just have to support the girls and that all it matter. Plus 2ne1 debut got nothing to

do with the girls. We should be more worry about what the concept, the songs, the mv and date the album will be

released. So just keep supporting and support even more when the album come out :))))) I am just dying to see how

everything will be when the album come out.

And if the Korea album is true than YAY!!!!! You know I wonder if the girls will promoted their debut US album like

every other US artists. US artists promoted one album for like a year straight, they stop but will come back when a

new song that is on that album. While in Korea most artists will promoted title song only and after that take a break and come back with a new album/song. This is will interesting and a very busy busy year for the girls (fans too) :) And I can;t wait.

yeah! at first im worried but then i realized that they are the Wonder Girls... they'll make Wonder Effects. I also realized that if we show that we are worried then that would make the wonder girls worry also. If we won't believe on them, who would? So as a wonderful, we should trust, support and pray for their success! They have given their best, worked hard for this. After that album be released, let us do our part and make them still the number 1! Wonder Girls fighting!

im so excited already! cant wait for the countdown! :)

Guest r1988

@seafood I think if their album was successful then they will promote it for a year but if its not then I don't think they wil, I think JYPE will make them promote again in China and maybe comeback to Korea

to me its anyone game ..Both of 2NE1 and Wonder Girls are working with amazing producers , yes 2NE1 concept might be more appealing to American audience but in the same time WonderGirls have more experience in dealing with American audience and perform like American artist. Other than releasing a great music I think the main key for wondergirls(or 2NE1) success in USA is their promotion campaign if JYPE provided a good PR team for the girls that will promote them so well in USA then they will make it big but if they don't then it will take WonderGirls years before they official make it big in USA

Guest wonderr23

am so sorry to tell this...but we SHOULD be worried about 2NE1. They are a THREAT. This time around, it's do or die. IMO if Wonder Girls doesn't get this right , they will crumble. Like JY said and i agree with this totally, whoever gets the glory first becomes the ICON and the HISTORY. And that's what he's aiming for them. I haven't doubted our girls. Not even once but am just saying...if they FAIL this time. It's gonna be hard for them to recover. Let's just hope that JY gives them the very best of the best! If they do then they're gonna be explosive! Trust me!! Like something we've never seen before :vicx: Somehow my gut feelings were never wrong! NEVER. and i said this to a fellow wonderful in twitter yesterday but my gut feeling is telling me that Wonder Girls' comeback is going to be explosive this time around!

kdVMR.jpg

ROFL at this shot! Sunye looks so weird.lololol i can't stop laughing!!!

원더걸스, 美밴드 후바스탱크와 F1 콘서트 참석

머니투데이 박영웅

입력 : 2011.04.12 14:04

2011041211315613548_2.jpg?time=142617

걸그룹 원더걸스 ⓒ머니투데이 스타뉴스

걸그룹 원더걸스가 세계적인 스포츠 행사에 참석했다.

원더걸스는 지난 8일 말레이시아 쿠알라룸푸르에서 열린 세계적인 자동차 경주대회 '포뮬러원(F1)' 콘서트 무대에 올라 현지 팬들의 뜨거운 환호를 받았다.

이날 콘서트는 'F1'의 사전 행사로 진행된 것. 원더걸스는 미국 출신의 세계적인 밴드 후바스탱크와 함께 인터내셔널 가수로 초청받아 공연을 펼쳤다.

원더걸스 소속사 JYP엔터테인먼트 측은 12일 오후 스타뉴스에 "전 세계인들이 한 자리에 모이는 대규모 행사에 원더걸스가 초청받아 영광스러웠다"라며 "원더걸스는 45분간 히트곡 무대를 선보여 팬들의 뜨거운 반응을 이끌어냈다"고 말했다.

현재 원더걸스는 미국과 한국을 오가며 새 음반 작업에 한창이다. 최근 원더걸스는 '노바디'를 캐나다 음악차트 4위에 진입시키며 절정의 인기를 누리고 있다.

2011041211315613548_1.jpg?time=142617

Wondergirls and Hoobastank attends F1 concert

Money Today Park Yeong-ung reporter

2011.04.12 14:04

2011041211315613548_2.jpg?time=142617

girlgroup wondergirls ⓒMoney Today Star News

Girlgroup Wonder Girls attended a a world-wide sports event.

The Wonder Girls on the 8th attended the world-wide 'Formula One(F1)' car race concert which was held in Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia. They received a lot of hot responce from their local fans.

The 'F1' concert was a pre-event. Wonder Girls and American band Hoobastank were invited as international performers in the event.

Wonder Girls agency JYP Entertainment on the 12th revealed to Star News "Many people from all over the world gathered in this large event" and "The Wonder Girls performed their hit songs and had 45 minutes stage time. They received a lot of hot responce from fans".

Currently the wondergirls are going back and forth in America and Korea and are busy with their recording. Recently their song 'Nobody' entered the Canadian charts at number for and is enjoying an immense popularity overseas.

2011041211315613548_1.jpg?time=142617

Source: http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2011041211315613548&outlink=2&SVEC

Guest Scarletsecrets

Hi ppl....I'm a MY wonderful, have been for a few years now but I've only just recently joined soompi. I wasn't going to post anything just yet bcuz I have exams AND MAJOR STRESS(last year of high school!:D) but I guess the Wonderful power in me was too strong.:sweatingbullets:

Regarding the whole WG and 2NE1 US debut thing, I am feeling a bit worried but I think it will all work out for WG in the end, regardless of 2NE1's foray into the American music market. Considering that WG already has a substantial fanbase in the US as well as globally, their album sales should be okay. So it definitely won't be a flop.(BELIEVE IN THE WONDER EFFECT!) Plus, I think that we have to bear in mind that WG and 2NE1 cater to different music markets and genres. Taylor Swift and BEP are both equally popular but their music is practically worlds apart. No matter what happens though, WG will still be going strong so there really is little cause for concern.:lol:

Guest qoxie

Not too worried about WG vs 2NE1 in America.

Foremost, I will cheer for any Asian singer attempting to cross over: WG, Taeyang, 2NE1, Big Bang, JYJ, BoA, whoever.

It's also "better" if the impact is achieved by multiple acts, publicity-wise.

That way, the mainstream media there can cover it as a pop trend, even try to generate an inter-group rivalry if they want to.

Rather have that than one artiste sporadically making it & treated as a US novelty (although summer is traditionally full of US novelty songs). 'Nobody' was too viral worldwide to be a novelty in 2009 anyway.

wonderr23 -- WG already made history with the latter feat. Or do you mean score a bigger hit?

I dunno about 2NE1's chances. Mainly cuz I haven't heard YG successfully wooing a US record label or distributor yet.

Labelmate SE7EN's American career had previously stalled due to this.

Working with US producers & hobnobbing with their celebs isn't going to be enough. (JYP had experienced the same with J-Lim & G-Soul earlier.)

From what I can tell, YG has been riding mostly on Japanese connections for their Asian expansion as well.

If they release 2NE1's album independently, or just on iTunes or as ringtones, I reckon they may chart on Billboard's minor charts. But the Hot 100 is harder to crack without radio airplay & extensive (I'm talking nationwide) US promotions.

^sadly YG Entertainment is "somewhat" close to Interscope Records. The President of Interscope Records, Jimmy Iovine, is a fan of 2NE1 and has even gotten in contact with them multiple times. Doesn't really count as "wooing" but it's a start :\.

Also, I get what wonderr23 is saying. It will be so sad if the girls get undermined by 2ne1 when their albums come out. I mean, i know in the end it'll also help wg, but as far as them being the first and making the biggest mark, that'll pretty much be taken from them if 2ne1 gets a hit U.S. song/album first. i'd hate to think of people saying our girls are just riding on their coat tails when we all KNOW how hard they worked =__=! hmm, i know this is a HORRIBLE example but it's the first that came to mind (LOL!). everyone remember that kiss between madonna and britney spears? now, do you remember right after that kiss that madonna also kissed christina aguilera? yeah, alot of people don't remember the second kiss. the first one is the one that made "scandal" history even though the other kiss happened not even 30 seconds later to an equally popular young pop star.

but all in all, i'm just waiting and hoping. i'm a fan but i'm not too easily convinced either. i'm just crossing my fingers so bad that JYP and WG come HARD with this new album and just explode!

Archived