Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

WG featured in latest issue of Seventeen Magazine (Thai edition).

Too bad the  minutiae of the whole MULA Thailand trip have yet to be shared with the English-speaking WFs.

223018034.jpg

223018895.jpg

223019333.jpg

223020495.jpg

221490253.jpg

Cr: WG_Station @ twitter

- - - - - - - - -

Shared?

Sunye's 'Maybe' is soundtracking this scene from the latest episode (Ep 3) of Dream High.

It is near the beginning of the clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYCpmncylsM

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tikamicizia

omg sunye looks so pretty.. thanks god her hair is absolutely beautiful there.. pls no more weird hairstyle,, sunye is the 1st member I noticed coz she's so beautifulll, and these days the sylists love to give her "ugly" hair. ughhh

screenhunter01jan112356.jpg

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2kkde.html

WONDERGIRLS Sunye sings for 'Dream High', her song a Park Jin Young-backed production

Korea Star Daily update 2011-01-10 10:12

WONDERGIRLS Sunye has a OST song called 'Maybe' for the KBS2 TV series 'Dream High'.

Last week, a OST Part 1 track featuring Taecyeon, Wooyoung, Suzy, Kim Soo Hyun, Joo & IU won great popularity upon its release. Undoubtedly, it also raised the anticipation level for Part 2. There was good news on January 9, when Sunye unveiled the 'Dream High' OST Part 2 'Maybe' to the eager fans. This OST track is a Park Jin Young-backed production. [Already] a talented live singer, Sunye elevated the song with her exquisite delivery. The lyrics depict incessant yearning after a lovers' breakup, & everyone got to hear Sunye's heartbroken vocals again after a long absence.

In addition, when compared to IU's previously-released 'Someday', the 2 songs evince strikingly different feelings despite belonging to the same genre. The high-profile, idol TV series 'Dream High' is about a group of art-school students dreaming of stardom & eventually blossoming into world stars. [TV Daily reporter Jin Minzheng]

- - - - - - - - - - -

entsinacomcnvj201101101.jpg

Source: http://ent.sina.com....323202788.shtml

WONDERGIRLS Sunye sings on 'Dream High' OST

Sina.com 2011-01-10 14:32

Sina entertainment news. On January 10 morning, WONDERGIRLS member Sunye released her OST song 'Maybe' from the KBS2 TV series 'Dream High' on the Internet. It attracted the attention of many fans.

'Maybe' was personally composed by Park Jin Young, who is the music & dance mastermind behind 'Dream High'. Sunye's outstanding rendition is evident in this tender love song. She was able to convey the emotional ache for an ex-sweetheart after a breakup.

Post-release, 'Maybe' quickly caused a great commotion among the fans. Everyone welcomed Sunye's OST comeback after a long formal absence in Korea.

'Dream High' features 2PM member Taecyeon & others. They portray plot characters who progress from art-school students to pop stars. The show is currently aired on KBS2 TV to good reviews. Nan Anyu/text

- - - - - - - - - - -

I tweeted about this earlier.

screenhunter02jan120053.jpg

Source: http://ent.qq.com/a/...0110/000368.htm

A JYP Entertainment-guided musical career

QQ Tencent 2011-01-10 14:16

From January 2011 onwards, Korea's biggest [sic] idol factory JYP Entertainment will hold regular open auditions in China to search for successors to WONDERGIRLS, 2AM, 2PM, missA.

One of Korea's great idol factories -- they launched g.o.d., RAIN, Park Ji Yoon, WONDERGIRLS, 2AM, 2PM & other top Kpop artistes -- JYP Entertainment (hereafter: JYPE) will hold open auditions on every 3rd Wednesday of each month at its JYPE China premises. (Please check the official jypchinafans.com forum for application details.)

JYPE is a cradle for developing top idols. Guided by international strategic thinking & foresight, it has experienced professional staff overseeing top-quality production standards & a sound artiste-training system. Their results were impressive over the years, drawing the attention of music figures home & abroad. After launching super-popular singers like g.o.d., RAIN, Park Ji Yoon, WONDERGIRLS, 2AM & 2PM, the year 2010 saw JYPE introducing a new Sino-Korean girlgroup in missA. The latter proved to be a big hit in Korea & became the most dazzling rookie Kpop group for 2010.

From January 2011 onwards, the idol industry heavyweight JYPE will hold regular auditions in China to scout for groomable talent. They will be trained to succeed WONDERGIRLS, 2AM, 2PM, missA. Auditionees who meet JYPE China's standards will undergo free training at their main HQ in Korea; they get to realize their personal dreams under JYPE's advanced 'idol preparation system'. The news announcement is a great opportunity for aspiring young people in China to work with a top entertainment company from Korea.

Guest wonderr23

Translation from their 17 Magazine interview.

17 : Do u guys go to work in US for long time. How about there?

WG: We worked with Jonas Brothers and We got chance to join their concert over 50 cities in US. We’re very impressed with them (JB). And we had own concert over 20 cities. Even though it’s very hard work for us, but we’re very happy because we have no chance to do these big things in Korea.

17: Working in US, it’s harder or easier than working in Korea?

WG: At first time we reach in US, no one knows us. We also don’t have any fanclubs. But we do our best abilities to make people knows us. And after that, people started to know us and to sing our songs as well.

17: Your fanclubs in US almost are American, Korean or Asian?

WG: At first, we thought our fanclubs’d be only Asian. But we’re so surprised that we find out some of them’re American and they can sing WG’s songs.

17: When you’re touring in US, we’d like to know what do you guys miss the most in Korea?

Yubin: I miss my friends, family, my mother, Michael (her dog) and Chocolate (her cat).

Yeeun: I miss Korean fan club the most. Because when we ‘re in Korea, our fanclubs always support us (by screaming). But no one knows us in US.

Sunye: I miss family and my friends.

Sohee: I miss my room in Korea. When we’re in US, we’re sleepless due to hard working. Moreover we had to sleep in van. So I really miss my room (LoL)

Hyerim: I’m a new member, so I didn’t join that work with the others. But for me, I miss my family the most.

17: Because you always travel a lot… So we want to know what is the important thing that you have to keep with?

Yubin: Laptop

Yeeun: Laptop and MP3

Sunye: I’m addicted a book. And I also take Bible too.

Hyerim: Dairy. I almost write it every day.

Sohee: everything… I also take food for working time.

17: How to deal with Superstar’s life style?

WG: We never think we don’t have life style as normal teenager. And we never sad about this, because we love the way we do and we’ll do with our best.

17 : What do you do when you have free time?

Hyelim: I write my diary and decorate my picture book. Sometimes I make Power Point (laugh) about my life and our fans.

Sohee: I like to sleep, so I always in my room. (shyly smile)

Sunye: Reading books, kind of practicing English. If not, I’ll be with friends.

Yeeun: I like to check out fansites, leaving messages, talking with fans once a month. Anyway, I don’t tell them it is me cuz I once told them that “I’m Yeeun”, then, fans started to know that “I’m Yeeun” would come there once a month. But, there were some people who proclaimed to be me, after that, no one’s gonna believe me anymore.

Yubin: In the past, I like to watch movies. Now, I start to play guitar and learn it a bit.

17: How do you take care of yourself to look this good?

WG: We always go abroad. So when we find something new or beautiful, we change. And, we always go shopping, mostly in the Internet.

17: What ur fans do and make you guys impressed ?

WG: Most fans bring our pictures or videos together and make the VTR(with songs) and send to us. We were very impressed every time we watch them. I keep them in my Laptop.

17: curious to know what you guys will do 17 years from now?

Sunye: I may have a lovely family and be a beautiful mother.

Yeeun: I may be a mother too. And , I wanna go to other countries to help homeless children.

Yubin: difficult question..umm.. I may be a CEO (laugh).

Sohee: I may be a mother too. (laugh). A working mother.

Hyelim: I wanna have a Home-Made restaurant. Although I’m not good at cooking right now but I love cooking very much. I’m thinking to study cooking seriously.

A big thanks to noname_soompi and tinkywinky at sunyethread for translating it!

screenhunter03jan120138.jpg

Source: http://orientaldaily.../00288_009.html

Swapping companies to open up Asian markets

Oriental Daily 2011-01-04

Korean girlgroup missA announced yesterday that they have switched to RAIN's J.Tune Entertainment following JYE Entertainment's investment in the latter company. The aim is to break new ground in Asian markets. WONDERGIRLS, 2PM & others from JYP Entertainment will also gradually transfer over.

Re: last sentence above.

Guess the Internet grapevine is true, now that the Cantonese press is reporting this tidbit.

None of the English translated reports of the JYP-J.Tune merger have mentioned it yet.

But a few tumblr blogs (like below) have checked out what the Korean netizens are saying.

…JYPE/J.TUNE

so i went to miss a’s fancafe to see what people have as explanations..

and someone explained it this way, which most people seemed to agree with..

i’m basically just translating their explanation.

so…JYP, the CEO, and other people all moved to J.TUNE

J.TUNE has switched it’s name and is now named (주)JYP

i’m assuming that “주(joo)” stands for “jooshik” which means “stocks”

miss a has signed with (주)JYP

soon, 2PM, 2AM, Wonder Girls, JOO, J.Lim, San E, etc. will all sign with (주)JYP

basically, JYPE is gone. J.TUNE has changed into (주)JYP

everyone from JYPE has/will sign with (주)JYP

i hope this makes more sense now…

oh and about mblaq…

i have heard that mblaq is under j.tune camp which is different, so this doesn’t affect them…

at least until rain enters military…i’m not sure what happens then.

Source: http://fyjypnation.t...post/2572914020

I finally found time over the weekend to check Chinese interpretations for context.

1stly, I can shed light on what "(주)JYP" means.

The Chinese media reported it as "(株)JYP娱乐", which in this case is akin to 'JYP Entertainment (Public Limited Company or PLC)' since they are trying to get a backdoor listing on the Korean stock exchange.

All the JYPE artistes will apparently sign new contracts with the new entity, which will require a more transparent & accountable organizational structure.

JYP also can no longer run it like a boutique company, running financial deficits in America & China.

Not sure the stock-exchange regulators will even approve him or Jung Wook heading the PLC because of this.

The KOSDAQ had rejected YG's own application to get listed recently, despite the latter's more robust financial situation. (See link before). They are sending very stringent signals.

But expect some announcements about JYP Nation contracts this year as JYPE gets its house in order before submitting for approval.

MBLAQ won't come under the new JYPE entity. They belong to a separate company (J.Tune Camp), which did not merge with JYPE like J.Tune Entertainment did.

Korean entertainment firms fail to go public

http://www.koreatime.../123_79209.html

- - - - - - - - -

On a more lighthearted note: Alerting Singapore fans!  I saw WG bootleg DVDs (Bangkok concert) selling for $1 each in Bedok Central.

The full concert video is also easily downloadable online but, hey, no need to burn a copy in order to watch on a regular TV set now.

The DVD cover is this one:

t1gbpbxhjmxxbl7tx115830.jpg

I took a photo of the retailer (Blk 214, Bedok Central, facing the former Bedok Theatre).

Mentioned the D2000 shop here before, but the WG discs (more than 50, the highest pile in the photo center) are on the tabletop in the tentage outside.

To preempt any complaints, I know the Bangkok DVDs are unauthorized but they are also permissible bootlegs (not pirated) under SG's current liberal parallel-import laws.

p1101111818.jpg

Kwon tweeted picture of Sunye.

223623748.jpg

촬영끝나고 들어가는길..선예의 maybe 너무 좋다~^^ 내친구 화이팅! -Dream high ost- http://twitpic.com/3p516s'>http://twitpic.com/3p516s

cr. kwon's twitter

trans

On the road home after filming.. I really like Sunye's song 'Maybe'~^^ My friend, fighting! -Dream high ost- http://twitpic.com/3p516s'>http://twitpic.com/3p516s

cr. w2dtranslations@twitter

Guest vietboi_tuan

I think that picture of JoKown and SunYe is from the filming of Family Outing 2.

The situation with the JYPE and J.Tune is very confusing... Don't really care

as long as it doesn't affect the girls American debut and comeback.

Guest shinhdeplol

Sohee is on twitter!!!!! :w00t:

because of JET LEG, NIGHTMARE, KEEP THINKING, NEW PALCE NEW HOTEL NEW BED NEW PILLOW ???? SO..... SLEEPY............

Poor Sohee, she must be tired :(

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

poor sohee! that shows you how much work the girls have been doing.

even yubin tweeted a while ago that she doesn't want to go on planes anymore..

they must be tired and this year is only going to get tougher.

Guest Mickyluloveskpop

ngaw thanx for the english article and omg sunye ost was in ep 3 of dream high !! so happy! kekeke so cute that yoobin is learning the guitar, hope hse can perform one day with the guitar and show use her skills!

The situation with the JYPE and J.Tune is very confusing... Don't really care as long as it doesn't affect the girls American debut and comeback.

It will affect WG's American plans. Profits are paramount for listed companies, otherwise the public shareholders will mutiny.

There will be a new management dynamic, so the onus is on striking a better balance between artistic integrity & corporate interests than, say SM Town.

Here is the current organizational structure, as far as I know:

J.Tune Corporation consists of 2 subsidiaries: J.Tune Entertainment (RAIN, missA, actor Yun Jung Hoon) & J.Tune Camp (MBLAQ). Their website lists separate offices.

J.Tune Entertainment is already listed on the Korean stock exchange; they can raise money by issuing new stocks.

That's why JYPE bought in, to get into KOSDAQ via the so-called 'backdoor listing' method.

missA has already swapped companies. The other JYP Nation artistes, inc. WG & JYP himself, are expected to do the same in time, i.e. cross over into J.Tune Entertainment (which will be nominally renamed 'JYP Entertainment (Ltd)' or the equivalent of 'JYP Entertainment PLC', supposedly next month but I think the KOSDAQ may delay as it evaluates the legal details).

The remaining JYPE (privately-owned company) will likely either cease business or be sold off, depending on what investments are left (eg. real-estate properties, Korean dramas, maybe music catalog).

I also read that the JYPE investors bought "only" about a 18% stake (various numbers were reported, but within the range) into J.Tune Entertainment. It makes them the biggest single shareholder but, for now, their corporate plans (inc. WG's American budget) must take into account the other, smaller stakeholders who own the remaining 82% shares.

Incidentally, RAIN had sold off his stake in mid-2010 so he is really back to being an artiste-employee again. This decision kinda invalidates the speculation that he asked JYP to take charge of J.Tune in case he gets called up for military service.

Meanwhile, J.Tune Camp's fate is in limbo. For now, MBLAQ only issued a statement saying they are not involved in the merger.

(Fashion affiliate J.Tune Creative, whom RAIN & some investors sued for alleged embezzlement last year, is apparently under J.Tune Entertainment.)

- - - - - - - - - - -

WG got a mention in the CES coverage in the print version of Straits Times Digital Life over here.

I'll see if I can upload a scan later, since their online edition did not report it.

WG's Special Edition album finished a close 4th Taiwan's G-Music JKpop sales charts for 2010.

The competition was very tight at the top, with only a 0.76 percent maximum difference between the top 5 artistes.

Apple Daily had previously reported the top 5 as follows: Suju (57k), WG (50k), It's Beautiful OST (40k), SNSD (37k), Shinee (30k).

fireshotcapture327.jpg

Source: http://www.g-music.c.../ranking-3.html

Archived