Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

^

TAECBIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!! I hope so!!! Maybe they will be the RAP team?! XD

Maknaes

200808921.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1291109974&Signature=ip6Fv0P34fLlvBFEQfku%2Fe6jeNM%3D

Vocalists

tumblr_lcox4v61ah1qa0us4o1_500.jpg

JYP Nation

tumblr_lcox3vh9TR1qa0us4o1_500.jpg

Now i'm waiting for LEADER TEAM!! Kwonnie and SunyEEE!!!!

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest i.said.goodbye

^

LOL that's so funny! there's a rap team and a maknae team! It will be interesting to see where Yenny and Sunye will fit! I mean can we have a leaders team? it will be more of a duet (Sunye and Kwon) unless Miss A have named a leader...

Can I share a YuMin gif I just found? lol I will anyway :P

tumblr_lcodt1d3WP1qebm9oo1_250.gif

Guest wonderr23

Korean musicians leading a new wave

With the downturn of the domestic music market, Korean groups are seeking success overseas.

Impact Arena, a large 12,000-seat concert venue in Bangkok, was full on Nov. 13 for Mnet’s Ultimate Live in Asia, a global concert series organized by Mnet Media.

Fans screamed as Korean pop groups such as the Wonder Girls, 2PM, Beast and Four Minute appeared on stage. The crowd of mostly Thai citizens cheered and sang along to the Korean songs.

Ticket sales for the event had soared to 1 billion won ($869,000), according to Mnet Media.

This scene was a repeat of a concert by K-pop group Super Junior last December, in which the stadium was packed with around 10,000 people. The concert, at Nanjing Olympic Stadium in China, was part of the same series.

Mnet Ultimate Live in Asia, which started in August in Taiwan, is a vehicle for concerts by major Korean groups. Each concert has had attendance of more than 10,000 and each has brought in sales of at least 600 million won.

The concert series, and the huge crowds it attracts, provides strong evidence of the growing popularity of Korean bands that are blazing trails into new music markets throughout Asia.

With the downturn in the domestic music industry, Korean entertainment management agencies are focusing on organizing concerts overseas. And their concerts are selling out in Asia and beyond.

This year, Super Junior held a total of eight concerts in China, Taiwan, the Philippines and Malaysia. The total attendance from these concerts is estimated at 100,000 and, with a ticket price of about 80,000 won each, sales from the concerts are estimated at approximately 8 billion won.

The Wonder Girls, which entered the U.S. market last year, held 27 concerts in North America this year. And Girls’ Generation drew audiences of 20,000 at a showcase in Tokyo in August. The group formally entered the Japanese market in early October, hitting first place on the Oricon chart, the Japanese version of Billboard.

Choi Sung-wook, an administrative manager with Mnet Media, said that concerts in other countries provide new opportunities.

“Concerts held throughout Asia can be a new market for Korean musicians,” he said.

Groups that have not yet made a formal entry into overseas markets are also doing well. SHINee has already sold out of tickets at a 24,000-seat venue in Tokyo for a concert on Dec. 26, even though they have yet to make a formal debut in that country.

This wave sweeping through Asia is not just for up-and-coming K-pop groups. Even veteran musicians have benefited from the popularity of Korean music overseas.

Lee Moon-sae, who started his career in 1978, held a solo concert in Orchard Hall in Tokyo, Japan, this September that attracted 2,000 people.

Shin Seung-hoon, who is celebrating his 20th anniversary in the music business this year, is targeting the U.S. and Australian markets, building on his previous success in Japan.

And it’s not just the live shows that are reigniting interest in Korean music.

Mnet’s Asian Music Awards, which were held in Macau on Sunday, were shown live in a four-hour telecast in 13 countries on stations like TDM in Macau, GMM in Thailand and SCTV in Vietnam.

The Golden Disc Awards, sponsored by local daily Ilgan Sports, will be streamed live on MSN in seven Asian countries on Dec. 9.

By Chung Kang-hyun [estyle@joongang.co.kr]

Source: http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2928992

I found few articles about the girls press conference and fan meeting in Nate sit which made me glad b/c I noticed that korean media dont really write about the girls activities outside korea so Im gald that they are paying more attention to girls now here are more pics

30_107752.jpg

30_107755.jpg

30_107754.jpg

30_107751.jpg

30_107757.jpg

30_107765.jpg

30_107763.jpg

30_107760.jpg

^ i love the all jypmember pic... they all look so happy

i saw lim and fei .. like mother and daughter ..sweet

wait for sunye's group pic

pics from hongkong .. pretty as expect eiei~ love sohee 's hair like this

Fancam 2DT at MAMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-5n6aHupZI

cr. ewing312@YT

-------------

MAMA OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE! 2pm and Wondergirls signed bag

200818680.jpg

cr. conxlovemonkey@twitpic

-----------------

some news video the girls in HongKong

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoiZVu3202g&feature=youtu.be&a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER0oWxjQjYo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFa4X3TyzqM

cr. PikeYenny

-------------- edit

v

that's not mine. got the pic from twitter, look the credit.

Sohee got injured? she danced so well... get well soon Sohee! >_<

^

WOW, did you get them to sign it or does it come signed?

Too bad Mnet Ultimate in Singapore doesn't get Wonder Girls. :(

Oh, and I don't really think Sunye will get a picture because the only two groups that has a leader are Wonder Girls and 2AM. :\

Guest xxxjarjarbinxxx

Yesterday, a video from hkentertainmentxpres surfaced on YouTube, and it appears to show a seemingly innocuous introduction of the Wonder Girls to a stage in Hong Kong.

Upon closer review though, international netizens are speculating that member Sohee may be carrying a right ankle injury. If you look closely, she shows signs of discomfort starting at around 11 seconds, and she constantly shuffles and adjusts her feet for about five seconds more until she’s finally able to take as much weight off the foot as possible. It appears that she even attempts to hide her right foot behind her left foot towards the end.

credit: allkpop

wonderfuls suspicions may be true

i found it strange that sohee was always wearing flats (not counting group activity/performances)

i mean, she loves heels......so maybe she really did hurt her leg :(

and sohee's the type to hide her pain....

get well soon mandoo!!!!!!!!

sunye the first one singing i can find yoobin yenny and sohee (i wish my dream come true (?))

but cant find lim's voice ... i must listen again and again

I wouldn't be surprised if we can't find some people's voices. Quite a number of them didn't sing in it.

I only found Sunye, Kwon, Yubin, San E, Yeeun, Chansung (I think), Sohee and Nickhun.

Archived