Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest talksound

MTV Iggy revisited the time WG played Pictionary on their show.

Needed to do a lot of photoshopping to scale the pics down into a reasonable size.

The last drawing is captioned "'Squirrel' by WG" (in black at the bottom, but too small to see here.)

http://blog.mtviggy.com/2010/04/30/the-won...ingly-cute-duh/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

pictionary

youtube link?

AND how many in here are going to the kmf to see the girls? don't forget to share share share! =)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sunmikiwangjang

SUNMI'S BIRTHDAY TRENDING TOPIC EVENT

So as many of you guys know, May 2nd is Sunmi Day.

However, what makes it more special is that it is also Sunmi's birthday.

We are planning on have a Trending Topic Event on Twitter just to celebrate her birthday.

May 2 is her birthday which is a Sunday.

For American fans, our trending topic even will be Saturday Night in order to be accurate with Korean Time.

Saturday, May 1 9:00PM EST (i.e. New York)

Saturday, May 1 6:00PM PST (i.e. California)

Sunday, May 2 10:00AM Korea time

Please tweet #happybirthdaymimi

If you have any questions please feel free ask me.

mimiwink.gif

Please participate for our beautiful alien

Guest i.said.goodbye

15 DAYS LEFT!!!

I hope they would release a teaser already~

I WANT A TEASER AS WELL!

I think all fans just want to see a glimpse... especially since Yeeun has been teasing us :)

I miss them!

Guest talksound

actually i wouldn't want a teaser. if anything just a teeny one that really doesn't tell us much to keep us on our toes.

then their comeback and release date will be further hyped!!

Guest i.said.goodbye

actually i wouldn't want a teaser. if anything just a teeny one that really doesn't tell us much to keep us on our toes.

then their comeback and release date will be further hyped!!

What you said is very true... but I want just one even if it's like 10 seconds. I'll be happy with that. They don't even have to show us the girls.. maybe just a sound of the new song... These 15 days are feeling like an eternity!

Guest vietboi_tuan

I want teaser photos! I want teaser videos. I want teaser song. I want something.

Just 10 second. I need something to calm down my hype for their comeback.

11l3nds.gif

Guest shantewillie

I have a question to ask about the tour.

Are they going to have tour stuffs to buy (albums, stickers, tour shirts, and etc...)? :unsure:

I want to know because I am saving up $300 (Well, $150 on the road while the other $150 for spend). :lol:

Guest eckeltricity

I have a question to ask about the tour.

Are they going to have tour stuffs to buy (albums, stickers, tour shirts, and etc...)? :unsure:

I want to know because I am saving up $300 (Well, $150 on the road while the other $150 for spend). :lol:

They most likely will! Be sure to save up a lot because tour merchandise is usually expensive.

Guest doryfish

Yes, I hope JYPE will release a teaser for WGs! hahahaha. since there r only 15 days left... I seriously hope they will drop some hints about their album concept etc...

and yea, Sunmi's 18th birthday TMR!

Guest shantewillie

Thanks for the heads up.

I am working 30 hours for the 4 weeks. :lol:

I'm already saving up money. haha.

Guest qoxie

1zdbui1.png

Source: http://finance.ifeng.com/roll/20100430/2133914.shtml

Popular idol group WONDERGIRLS supports BAZAAR Charity Night

April 30, 2010 15:09 China Business Press Release Newswire

Guangdong 2010-04-30 (China Business Press Release Newswire) - Ultra popular Korean girl-group WONDERGIRLS seems especially fond of Shanghai. After staging their first concert here last December 1 as part of their global tour, they were back for the 8th Annual BAZAAR Charity Night. They maintained their popularity in China by performing worldwide-famous songs like 'Nobody', 'Tell Me' & others.

Since their 2007 debut, WONDERGIRLS had sucessfully reached #76 in the Billboard singles chart with their famous breakout hit 'Nobody'. They were the first Korean singers to have crept into the Top 100. This time, WONDERGIRLS was the opening guest performers of the 8th Annual BAZAAR Charity Night. Attired in cute skirts, the group members' splendid singing & dancing immediately raised the charity event to a climax. In addition, Alec Su of the career-reviving 'The Message' movie performed a new version of the folk song 'Third Sister Liu'. Jiang Yiyan also sang her 'Rain Waltz'. Popular idol magician Lu Chen prepared a compelling item too. His magic theme corresponded with those for this year's Charity Night & the Shanghai World Expo: calling attention to environmental protection & the cherish the planet.

[Omitted the rest, which dealt with the fundraising details. The source is a business article.]

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

jr2vzb.png

As credited.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Screencaps of China WFs' messages to Sunmi in a magazine's 纯韩时尚 (translates as 'Pure Korean Fashion') celebrity birthday section.

35btwdu.png

Cr: 深深爱宣美 @ Baidu

Guest doryfish

anw i just watched The Largest Political Party! So funny! so much better than the previous ones...

and there are also many yubin-hyerim interactions in that show... and sohee looked so relaxed too!

they were laughing a lot in that show too. hahaha.

I hope they release the teaser and concept pics really soon II'm dying to see it.

the girls' schedules are really busy, I hope they get enough rest before the Comeback.

btw, the pics are GORGEOUS. all of them .

Guest Mia_Mia

^

they said they were all really pretty... Lim, Sohee and Binnie ^^

the girls look sooooo pretty!!!!!!.... Looking forward to fancams from the concert!!

and for the non-chinese speakers!!!!!!!!!yay :)

300410 The Largest Political Party - Sunye & 阿Ken (Eng Subs)

270410 Here Comes Kangxi - Sunye & Takeshi (Eng Subs)

editted

Guest qoxie

[news] Wonder Girls vs. 4Minute Overseas Battle

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nation's representing Idol Girl Groups Wonder Girls and 4minute have started their overseas activities around the same time in Japan and the US. They have been gathering lots of attention and they are in activities overseas.

First, 4Minute presents their single album on the 5th of May in Japan. For 4Minutes debut in Japan, singles 'Hot Issue' and 'MUZIK' will be released. They are also preparing for their first solo concert on the 8th or May in the Jeff Odaiba in Japan.

Until now, boy groups such as DBSK, SS501 etc.. have been promoting in Japan and had huge success but we are worried how Girl Groups will do in Japan, people think that it won't be that successful. But, in Japan, there are already 4Minute fans, so the promotions will still take place and that the promotions will be successful. Universal Studio Companies are supporting Japan, so that's why there might be another reason for being successful.

Wonder Girls will be releasing a new album on the 16th of May simultaneously around the world including the US. They will start a tour for their album promotions starting with their first concert in Live Nation. The tour will be known as "Wonder World Tour".

The tour is scheduled around to go to 20 destinations in the US. Though this tour, they will be able to meet their fans again from the 4th to the 13th of June in 9 cities (Washington DC, Atlanta, New York, Chicago, Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Anaheim and San Francisco). These dates have been all confirmed.

Wonder Girls' have just started their promotions. However, they have been the first asian artist to reach 76th on the Billboard singles. With the next album, they will make sure that they can attract more people as 'Pop Artits'

Source: Starnews

Translations: Seungeun Lee@4-minute.com

Source: http://www.dkpopnews.net/2010/05/news-wond...e-overseas.html

- - - - - - - - - - -

Comment: Maybe it's just me, but it's a head-scratcher whenever fans deliberately excerpt portions of WG news, at the expense of the remaining info (& correspondingly leaving the other WFs out of the loop).

Like the above Sunye stuff, & the following Yeeun stuff.

I don't really notice this overt favoritism trend with other Kpop fanbases.

While not damaging in itself, it is also habit-forming.

My instinct also says this fragmentization is a leading cause of the interest drop in certain WF communities.

2vtuvxd.png

x519xs.png

v60z1z.png

Credit: shunxys, jimplayer, cookievr6 and Ang3l0v3sn0w at yeeun-impact.net

http://yeeun.wordpress.com/2010/05/01/tran...ne-yennys-part/

Archived