Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest moomoocows

i'm quite disappointed with the mr con/ms csi show

i understand that there's difference between korean/ taiwan humor and hence the awkwardness

but the two MCs/ production crew should've done their homework before inviting the girls onto the show

1. Do they really need to hv 4 different groups on the show at the same time? Since the girls cant speak Mandarin that well, most of the time they're being ignored/ cut-out

2. The girl MC should do a little research on the girls. She mentioned that WG only had ONE hit song while she herself has TWO. For a moment I was like :blink: WG had 3 hit songs and despite my regular following of Mandopop, I've never heard of any songs from her

3. The guy MC praised the other group which danced to Tell Me saying the starting move of the dance (the hip swaying part) is original and they did well improvising it. erm..hello..that was the signature move of the original dance and when the other group told him that, it was basically ignored

4. The same questions were being asked over and over

sigh..watching that show I cant help but notice how ignorant the MCs were..I guess they're just not that good in handling foreign guests who speak little mandarin

on a better note, I love what the girls are wearing nowadays..more mature and sophisticated

EXR photoshoots are HOT =)

I actually came to this thread to ask if anyone knows how long WG would be in LA cause i heard they are already here, but i can't help but comment on this.

I use to be a frequent watcher of this show, and I must they are one of best MCs in Taiwan. They always have top stars going on the show, not just chinese ones and are always asking questions beyond the norms. I am sure Dee (the female host) knows that they have more than one song. However, Nobody is the "only" famous one in Taiwan at the moment. (My friend who lived in Taiwan for a month and a half said everyone knew "Sorry Sorry" and "Nobody") And plus she meant it as a joke when she bragged about having 2 hit songs. She's known to be a bit arrogant/egotistic on the show. I do agree that having 4 groups on the show was a bit too much, but it would be more like an interview session if it was only WG. In that I think it would of been a bit bland cause they can't joke w/ them since they won't understand. I've noticed from other Taiwan variety shows, they tend to have other regulars/guests on the show perform parodies/dances/songs of the special guests instead of actually interacting w/ them as much.

I didn't mean to pick on you particularly but i just wanted to point out things from a different point of view. I didn't think it was the best episode, but the MCs were definitely not lacking.

Anyway, back to my original purpose, does anyone know how long they are staying till?

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WGkeon

^^

I always wonder, what is the highest number of fans wonder girls ever got in their peak?

Anyone know the number?

Guest onedaymaniac

fanclub member @ Cafe Daum for April

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/4650/cafex.jpg

source : [baidutvxq]

eng translation credits : Supernike911@tohosomnia.net

shared by: KoreanHighlight

i am sure on May those migratory bird fans will be back. ^_^

^sorry to cut ur post.i've just watched golden fishery,i know i'm kinda late but the fact that the girls watched their fans no. in fancafe decreasing gradually hurts me a lot.but just like you i'm sure those migratory bird fans will be back.

Guest vietboi_tuan

Seeing those number decrease day by day is so painful

since I know the girls is so saddened to see that also.

After working so hard to build a fan base and those

bird fans keep flying away. arggg. Hopefully when

their comeback arrive, the number will increase to

the number they use to have.

Guest shinhdeplol

the number of fans shown on the ranking is very old. it's probably about a month ago. well i stalk daum cafes of the girls and actually sometimes the number of registered WonderFuls does pick up a bit. and at least they havent lost as many fans as some other groups, so we need not worry much. our girls are coming back soon anyways ^^ cant wait.

Guest tnamphel

Good NEWS!!! So i was just on wgspectacle...and it says that if you preordered WG's US album, you will get both the EP and the album that is scheduled to release in July. (Cr. GiGi wgspectacle) How exciting is this...

Question.. Do they air Hollywood Bowl in any of the korean tv station? or we have to rely on fancams to catch the performances?

Guest qoxie

The Taiwan music charts will be newly updated again tomorrow (Friday).

Meanwhile, here's a peek at WG's sales "bounce" last week, on the strength of only 1-2 days' impetus (they had arrived at 11am on Wednesday).

The references below are G-Music (colored) & Five Music (white).

14nh0nb.png

Also, WG is still doing very well in Hong Kong, notably holding their own beyond the JKpop category.

The references below are HMV (white) & CD Warehouse (gray).

2vs58cw.png

- - - - - - -

I found Gigi's post at WGspec. Here's the screencap she posted:

j61tzb.jpg

Source: http://www.wgspectacle.com/forum/index.php...ic=6986&hl=

- - - - - - -

Hong Kong's Yes! Magazine interviewed WG in Taiwan last week. (Ming Pao was the other.)

I read that their new print issue is out today.

Yet to see it online, but here are the screencaps from their website portal (flash images).

15wh1y1.jpg

denqev.png

n32n10.png

Sources: http://www.yesmagazine.com.hk/default.aspx

http://www.yesmagazine.com.hk/coverstory.a...=998&id=307

Guest qoxie

WG featured in HK's Face Magazine, I think. (That's who WG autographed for in the first pic.)

2wrlnki.jpg

2hfnkap.jpg

106n5g0.jpg

Cr: 真的受傷了 @ Baidu

- - - - - - - - - -

Congrats to JYP Family! 2PM surpasses Rain to be #1 on Mnet M!Countdown with ‘Without U’ => Link

- - - - - - - - - -

MTV Iggy plugs WG's American tour: http://blog.mtviggy.com/2010/04/29/the-won...-tour-with-2pm/

Can someone confirm whether this is an OFFICIAL wonder girls lightstick?

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img24.imageshack.us/img24/8218/si2009032502.jpg[/img

Also, can someone please tell me where I can get the official Wonder Girls balloons and the purple "WG" lightsticks?

No, i'm sure that was never an official glowstick.

They only have one, the Wonderful Queen stick which looks like this:

http://sunmijjang.wordpress.com/2009/02/17...htstick-photos/

and it's pretty hard to find the glowstick and balloons if you live outside of korea :\. so i dunno where you'd get it...

Guest vietboi_tuan

It's great to hear that we get both album! And for those 2000 first ordered (including me!)

also get the laptop case. Wonder what else we get? Maybe a poster. I'm dying to collect

Wonder Girls poster. So far I have one of their Nobody poster and Christmas card =[

Does anyone know where I can buy their poster or if you have some to sell. Please PM me. THANKs!

Guest tiffanydawn

thanks to everyone who posted pics, magazine scans, news and infos about our girls.

^Halle Berry, the super duper gorgeous Crystal Liu and cutie Ethan Ruan were also at the same event. i dont know the names of the other celebs :D

@tnamphel: Thank you for the good news (and @quoxie + @eckeltricity for the confirmations).

EP + LP... wasn't hoping for such VIP treatment. ^^

---

I think there will be a counter-migration of fans soon :lol:

IMO it's a success to have half of the Wonder Girls fanbase steady after 12 months without performances and new songs.

The K-wonderfuls were treated about 2 years with continuous events & hits, then just famcams (and rare tv material) from abroad. I respect their perseverance & dedication.

Guest talksound

i was surprised Lim talked so little in the show. she must be very fluent in chinese but even she seemed to have struggled a bit. it must be the nerves

actually, as a fluent mandarin speaker, i have to say she is not that fluent. she knows basic conversation skills, and yea, maybe nervousness or whatever, but i think she's more "fluent" in cantonese, and even then she's pretty limited in speech skills. from how i gather it (from hearing her speak on the radio show and on shows), she is korean, went to international school in hongkong i'm thinking? and there she learned cantonese and english, i'm THINKING. and as for the mandarin, i think she learned some of that while training for the chinese wonder girls.

quite honestly, she knows a bit of everything. not "FLUENT" as jype claimed. just clarifying this for people who wonder why she says less. she might not need the translator as much as the other girls, and she might understand more, but speaking wise, i think her, sunye, and yeeun sound the same to me. yeeun and sunye already sound pretty good, and i thought lim sounded a bit awkward/accented. but then again, people might say it's the "nerves", which it could be, but we really wouldn't know that.

and like many said, it's not unusual for the female host to act like that, that is her tv personality, and there are reasons to why the talk show is that popular.

ye eun twitted

I can’t tell u what I’m doing it’s a BIG secret!! But u guys will love it when it comes out!! ;)

^ oh lala another secret I wonder what is it this time & how long it going to last lol last time her secret last only

a night x)

Archived