Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

You know, I agree with Mark Russel that GBW is not flawless per se. However, what it lack in story depth, it more than compensate with the slambang action and magnificent view. Oh well, just seeing those 3 actors in one movie is more than enough to keep me glued to the screen.

Yup.. GBW is not perfect all the way, it's a movie to be enjoyed thoroughly if one is not too picky about it. Remember the nail-biting moment just waiting for the movie to break even (no other production faces the same situation). GBW is without a doubt the bestseller of 2008 but it doesn't make money in Korea, luckily all the overseas purchases would cover much of the cost already which is obviously had really gone places to be seen.

As mentioned elsewhere (well, in my observation.. anyways).. GBW is actually more a Kim Ji Woon's success. Critics may slam him for the lack of deep storyline or whatever but it takes an able far-sighted & confident person to present something like GBW. A production so huge with lots of (unknown) possibilities and uncertainties which could go wrong any time.. he managed to come out with a grand escapade of an adventure to thrill on the big screen.

Of course.. the biggest achievement.. according to Dir. Kim.. he won't film with horses anymore *pleasepleaseplease do a romance movie for BH!* :rolleyes: :blush: and getting the 3 top actors of Korea in his movie is a dream come true.

Hahaha!!! No prize in guessing who our dear rubie remembers in BML. :rolleyes:

Gosh!! Go finish the drama rubes and watch the ending. Get it done and over with.

I cant help u when it comes to BML as that is one drama of BH that did not reach Phil soil. I guess no english subs.

Nope.. don't want to watch the ending of BML. Nonono. :P

I already knew the ending .. just don't want to see and have it imprinted in my memory. Let BML ends where it did, for me.. a beautiful happy family. :blush:

But you've seen 'Legend of Car God', Ella.. I'll probably have to be content with just reading the synopsis for now.

news.gif  2009 NEWS INDEX

rubiewish1.jpg

Spoiler

Page 1
Jan 2: [dramabeans] Jeon Ji-hyun has the geeks excited
Jan 4: Top Star, Lee Byung Hun ready for Hollywood this summer
Jan 4: [dramabeans] Drama trends for 2009
Jan 4: [Mark Russell] 2008 Anti-Wrap-up (A Wrap-Down?) 
Jan 7: Domestic movies see worst sales in 8 years: report 
Jan 8: Korean admissions down in 2008
Jan 9: Films for people who don't really like films
Jan 9: LBH on Park Joong Hoon talkshow (Jan 25)
Jan 9: G.I. Joe - Rise of Cobra teaser site now online
Jan 9: (Yonhap Feature) Critics urge steady sellers, new faces to keep Korean Wave rolling 

Page 2
Jan 9: Transformers 2, GI Joe Trailers to Debut During Superbowl
Jan 9: LBH as seen through the eyes of.. (White Night 3.98 / To Heaven related)
Jan 11: Director of Four Seasons Dramas marries
Jan 11: 'Season' drama stars attend director Yoon Seok-ho’s wedding
Jan 11: [Mark Russell] 2008 Movie Recap
Jan 12: Lee Byung Hun - Song Hye Kyo, same wedding different entrance
Jan 14: Stars and fans descend on southern Seoul cathedral as Yoon weds 
Jan 6: Mike Edwards talks to Byung-hun Lee about GBW and a little bit about G.I. JOE!
Jan 14: Park Sul-nyeo showcases beautiful Hanbok designs 
Jan 15: Centre of Hallyu "LBH-CJW" Star Shop Open
Jan 15: Double Standard By Drama Production Association Sparks Outrage 
Jan 14: Fajr Film Fest Hosts Korean Retrospective
Jan 14: Korea's major TV stations 

Page 3
Jan 18: Korean Film Remakes Debut in US
Jan 20: Exercise Tips for Women & Men 
Jan 21: Cowboys and Indians chase after the AFAs 
Jan 21: Analysis of the attractiveness of Korean stars in Hollywood
Jan 22: Korea in the Asia Film Awards 
Jan 23: First sight: Lee Byung-hun
Jan 23: Lost Planet is $200M 
45th Baeksang nomination
Jan 23: The Good, the Bad, and the Weird gets a fistful of nominations
Jan 25: Baek Jong Min aspires to be an actor like Lee Byung Hun 
Jan 18: Darcy's top 10 Korean films of 2008
Jan 28: 'G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra' Unleashes New Character Posters 
Jan 28: Korean star Lee Byung-hun, the 2 consecutive years 'Seven Luck' Star 

Page 4
Jan 28: Lee Byung Hun's Homepage, simultaneous access leads to server down
Jan 29: Lee Byung-hun's fanclub Home Page paralyzed by too many log-in
Jan 30: 'Send Text Message to Lee Byeong-heon' 
Jan 31: World Exclusive: The G.I. Joe Super Bowl Spot! 
Jan 31: Opinion poll - Handsome Man Ranking @ Entertainment Relay
Feb 1: Lee Byung Hun attended 1st birthday party for Im Chang Jung's second son 
Men's Uno - February 2009 HongKong edition / Lee puts aside star treatment / All In Bravery
Feb 4: Jung Joon Ho Added to Spy Thriller Drama IRIS
Feb 4: [IGN] G.I. Joe star Byung-hun Lee discusses his role in the comedy western

Page 5
Feb 5: The camera will start rolling for "IRIS" this March in Akita Prefecture, Japan
Feb 5: Lee Byung Hun - Kim Tae Hee 'IRIS' Heartache 
Feb 5: Jung Woo-sung's daily life aired on TV 
Feb 6: Lee Byung Hun and Sienna Miller in G.I. Joe
Feb 6: Byung Heon lancar laman web / Byung Heon launches website
Feb 6: Team of Two for IRIS
Feb 8: Jang Geun Suk: I wanted to be an actor like Lee Byung Hun, with charisma & great eyes"
Feb 8: ICJ - LBH
Feb 9: IRIS Set for September on KBS
Feb 11: Japan hopes to attract tourists from Lee drama 
Feb 11: Korean drama 'IRIS' to generate W3 Billion in Japan 
Feb 13: 10 Most Handsome Male Stars
Feb 16: 'Bungee Jumping of Their Own' Screening Looks Back on Late Actress

Page 6
Feb 17: Kim So Yeon Cast for IRIS
Feb 17: Local Dramas Enduring With Support In and Out
Feb 19: Actress Kim So Yeon to join IRIS as Sexy Agent
Feb 20: Lee Byung Hun's most extreme 2009 schedule to start soon
Feb 11: IRIS GETS A DRAMA AND A MOVIE
Feb 22: Feel the vibes - Seoul Superstars
Feb 4: Life of no regrets
Feb 25: Lee Byunghun's Discovery documentary to be broadcast throughout Asia in April ?
Feb 28: LBH FAN MEET 28 FEBRUARY 2009
March 4: Actor Lee Byung-hun to start international quest becoming a global star 
March 4: [Perspective] The quagmire of cultural crossings / Mark Russell

Page 7
March 6: [The soul of SEOUL] Arirang Hill - birthplace of Korean film 
March 10: Popular Actor Lee Byung Hun arrived in Japan, Akita Airport packed with fans
March 10: Choi Ji-woo strikes out on her own
March 11: Korean-American trainer tones celebrity physiques 
March 11: Japan is shaken up from the visits of hallyu stars
March 6: Korean Master and 12 Features in Hong Kong
March 13: Japanese Actress Yoo Min Joins 'IRIS'
March 14: Lee Byunghun - Kim Tae Hee topped the White Day list
March 16: Thrilled with the enthusiastic reception
March 17: KTH-LBH Embrace, IRIS Filming Starts in Japan
March 18: Teaser Poster for IRIS released!

Page 8
March 20: Survey of Japanese netizens by www.livedoor.com, the most popular Korean actor
March 19: Lee ByungHun - no schedule conflict
March 22: Korean Western top contender at Asian Film Awards
10Asia Focus: FIVE GUYS - Best Melodramatic Actors?
March 26: Filming set filled with fans for IRIS
March 28: Female Fans flocked to see Lee Byung Hun return home
March 30: Do Not Go, Byunghun-ssi - teary farewell at Akita City Airport
March 30: Lee Byung-hun Draws Crowds of Fans in Japan 
April 3: Korean Wave heat of IRIS
April 3: U.S. for Korea-star assessment; sink or swim?
April 1: Kim Haneul follows “To Heaven” with “I Was Happy”
April 3: Actress Kim Ha-neul to Appear in Cho Sung-mo's Music Video 

Page 9
April 4: Korean star Lee Byung Hun, Choi Ji Woo - 9th Avenue Star Shop Open
April 6: Canadian Journalist Offers Guidance to Korean Wave . Mark Russell
April 6: RP filmmakers eye Cannes filmfest
April 13: June 6 - ICWTR back in action
April 15: New posters for IRIS
April 16: Wine for a Fine Man
April 14: Wonderful Akita Stay
April 16: A movie theater especially for the fans of Lee Byung Hun
April 17: Lee Byunghun, from Asia to world star 
11th edition of Far East Film Festival 2009
April 16: Korean Culture Festival to Open in Central Asia

Page 10
April 20: Lee Byung-hun, first foreign film released June 6
April 21: Lee Byunghun - Kim Yunjin - Rain, together in the United States? WMA and Endeavor impending merger
April 21: Lee Byung-hun Meets Kimura Takuya in High-Profile Film
April 11: Lee Byung Hun - Kim Tae Hee, "Korean Wave in Turkey"
April 29: Korean Drama OST Concert to Be Staged in Japan 
April 26: I Come With The Rain 
April 27: New Movie Releases : May, June, July and August 2009
April 28: Lee Byung Hun, Rain, Kim Yun Jin has become a 'family'
April 28: Lee Byung Hun, Rain, Kim Yun Jin has become a 'family'
April 29: Korean Stars Come under One Roof in the U.S.
April 29: BH in Las Vegas with KYC & Mr. Takehara 
May 1: Lee Byunghun, a low bass voice already a recognized strength
May 4: Lee Byunghun's non-stop international promos
May 5: ['G.I Joe' trailer] Lee Byunghun in the close-up 
May 5: G.I. Joe with Lee Byung-hun a Most Anticipated Summer Movie 
IRIS in AKITA on TBS

ep6_elbow1.jpg hjksh1.jpg

Guest cynthia05

Phew! For a moment there.. I thought there'll be a clash if ICWTR is indeed going to be screened at Berlinale.. as I heard there's also a fanmeet that will take place in Tokyo this February 28th. I think this is what Cynthia was hinting.. right, Sung-ja?

Where, what and who is Byunghun-ssi doing/with these days? If only we have some 'schedule' of some sort.. at this point, just anything would do. I'm giving up (yupyup! spur of the moment decision :ph34r: ) on the comeback of BH Entertainment website.. don't think it'll ever come up at all. What are the odds, anyway. :sweatingbullets: Probably had to check his page at Artist View instead.

No doubt that 2009 will be an interesting year for BH and us. However.. my anxiety is now turning into much apprehension instead. As much as I anticipate the STORM coming.. I actually fear my panda heart when it finally appear at our door. bigsurprise.gif

Your "grapevine" sources are spot-on.......just didn't want to reveal much as it is still not "official" yet but definitely looking forward to it!

Hope he pops up at the wedding on Sunday and surprise us but chances are 50/50 as his ex is also invited....unless the other party is still in the US and not attending (just my wild guess tatz all).....but not too sure if he is back in the first place!

Your "grapevine" sources are spot-on.......just didn't want to reveal much as it is still not "official" yet but definitely looking forward to it!

Hope he pops up at the wedding on Sunday and surprise us but chances are 50/50 as his ex is also invited....unless the other party is still in the US and not attending (just my wild guess tatz all).....but not too sure if he is back in the first place!

An excited email buddy told me last night that she's going to the upcoming fanmeet.. only then it hit me.. I'm always a bit slow in catching-up.. So.. are you and the gang planning to see BH as well? :rolleyes: :blush:

I sure hope we will see BH at the wedding although there wasn't any (BH Ent confirmed) follow-up since the wedding news first came out. Now.. I've been told there are two dates for the wedding.. 10 and/or 11th January. As well as lots of celebrities going to attend the ceremony. But.. 50-50.. either way.. like always, we'll know when we actually see BH there when he's there.. huh.. huh..

Really hope he'll be there regardless of anything/anyone and vice-versa for the other party, too.. wouldn't he/they want to be there to congratulate PD Yoon.. but these days his whereabouts are always top-secret (unless leaked by his own management ^^).. just don't want to wait till February for the next BH-sighting.. :wacko:

Yet.. speaking of grapevines.. there seem to be quite a few growing wildly in 2009.. :sweatingbullets: .. I'm sure you've heard some and more, perhaps.

What will Byunghun-ssi do to us..

Maybe Huang can clarify this --

This is interesting. If I'm not wrong, I think BH will be a guest in Park Joong Hoon's talk show sometime end of January. The new talk show recently started in late 2008 is rather interesting as guests invited have been sharing straightforwardly their utmost private feelings on personal issues on air.

We know that BH doesn't appear on talk shows since.. like the early 2000, so it'll be very intriguing to hear what's his most private thoughts he'll share. But it's also probably because he's a good friend of PJH as they've been in the industry since the 90s (that he accepted the invitation).. both starting young and still going strong in their acting careers.

There's been media criticism that the talk show doesn't rate as much despite the high-profile guests but whatever.. just want to know what BH has to say.. something totally unexpected..

Previous guests have been

1. Jang Dong Gun

2. Choi Jin Young (Choi Jin Sil's brother)

3. Jung Woo Sung

4. Kim Tae Hee

img_01.jpg

Deep Talk With Park Junghoon Show 박중훈쇼 대한민국 일요일밤

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=265313

이병헌 ‘박중훈쇼’ 게스트 출연 결정 ‘스타게스트 릴레이’

뉴스엔 기사전송 2009-01-09 10:34

200901091031051001_1.jpg

[뉴스엔 김형우 기자]

배우 이병헌이 ''박중훈쇼'' 특급 게스트 릴레이에 동참한다.

KBS 2TV ''박중훈쇼-대한민국 일요일 밤에''의 연출자 이은미CP는 9일 뉴스엔과 전화통화를 통해 "이병헌이 출연하기로 결정했다"고 밝혔다.

이어 "아직 녹화시기는 정해지지 않았다"며 "현재 이병헌이 미국에 체류 중이기에 돌아온 후에 녹화에 임할 예정이다. 1월 내로 촬영에 들어갈 것으로 보인다"고 전했다.

이로써 이병헌은 장동건 정우성 김태희 안성기에 이어 ''박중훈쇼''의 스타 게스트 리스트에 이름을 올렸다. 이병헌과 박중훈은 영화계 선후배로서 친분이 두텁다.

한편 당초 11일 방송될 예정이던 안성기 편은 여야 3당 원내대표 출연 분에 집중하기로 결정한 제작진의 의견에 따라 일주일 뒤인 18일 방송된다.

김형우 cox109@newsen.com

Source: news.empas.com

Guest huangsy

You gals are too fast lah !

News just out 8 min ago at http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/news/shel...p;newssetid=746 confirmed he will be on the 25 Jan ep of the talk show. It's the CNY long weekend ! Eat the reunion dinner fastly and then watch ! hahahah

I just 'reserved' slots, so LBH's ep on the talkshow will have a place on 1st page of http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=265313

^ That is so awesome, Huang. rbhcool.gif

Thanks for the cool highlight & everything.. so, it'll be aired on CNY's eve.. huh. :D

Hope there'll be streamings and VOD shared later.. I really.. really want to know what BH has to say.. let there be updates on the translation especially! :w00t: Pleasepleaseplease!

The Storm is coming..

Guest mailene28

u guys are really awesome..

that is good news.. thanks huang for reserving the space. :lol:

thanks thanks for all the updates! ;) especially to rubie ella & everyone!

logo.gif

January 9, 2009

On film: Films for people who don't really like films

by Anne Billson - The Guardian

I don't normally like to read too much about a film before watching it, but I made an exception for The Reader, since I was having trouble working out what kind of movie it was. The Graduate with a lurking concentration camp motif? A Stanley & Iris-style study of illiteracy with a dash of The Night Porter? But the more I read, the less it appealed, because I can't see how it could surprise or enlighten or delight me in any way whatsoever. And now I've got it confused with Revolutionary Road (which I haven't seen either) and not just because both begin with R. Like The Reader, Revolutionary Road features Kate Winslet getting naked, is adapted from an acclaimed novel and is directed by someone who made his name in British theatre. One such film is happenstance; two practically constitutes a genre, and I think I've finally worked out what that genre is. It's Films for People Who Don't Really Like Films.

The Reader Release: 2008 Countries: Rest of the world, USA Cert (UK): 15 Runtime: 123 mins Directors: Stephen Daldry Cast: David Kross, Jeanette Hain, Kate Winslet, Ralph Fiennes, Susanne Lothar More on this film People who don't view cinema as a viable artform are only drawn to films that have been slapped with a cultural seal of approval: critically approved source material, or directors who have made their names in more venerable artforms, such as literature or theatre. They wouldn't dream of going to see thrillers starring Jason Statham, or comedies starring Will Ferrell, or horror movies starring no one anyone's ever heard of, though I would argue there's likely to be more true cinematic feeling in such movies' little fingers than in the entire bloated corpus of Atonement or Proof or Possession (and I'm not talking about the one where Isabelle Adjani has sex with a tentacled monster). Let's face it, film-makers who try to reproduce the virtues of literature or theatre or fine art without understanding that film is an entirely different medium, with its own peculiar virtues, only ever succeed in coming up with ponderous, meretricious, upmarket kitsch.

I'm not saying such films are wholly without their pleasures, if not necessarily the ones their makers intended. For instance, I couldn't tear my eyes away from Nicole Kidman's fake nose in The Hours. And perhaps Kate getting naked is in itself enough to make The Reader and Revolutionary Road worth the haul. (I will watch them at some point, and wouldn't it be great if they did surprise me and force me to eat my words?)

I'm with the Surrealists on this one - something I discovered by chance (and not, I assure you, because I was seeking intellectual justification for my sins) while flicking through Ado Kyrou's Le Surréalisme au Cinéma. Kyrou writes (pardon my clunky translation): "Let us look at commercial cinema through new eyes, because it's there that one finds the most unexpected riches." I'm all for that. The films I'm most looking forward to seeing are not worthy Oscar bait like Milk or Doubt (though Sean Penn's fake nose and Meryl Streep looking stern in a black bonnet may well afford the odd unexpected thrill), or Frost/Nixon - even though it's probably worth watching purely on the strength of one or two of Frank Langella's more complicated facial expressions. What I really want to see is Stephen Rea embedded in Mena Suvari's windscreen for most of the running-time of Stuck. I want to see Tony Leung, the most beautiful actor in the world, as a Chinese warlord in John Woo's Red Cliff, and Lee Byung-hun, second most beautiful actor in the world, poncing around in cool scar makeup and tight black trousers in Kim Ji-woon's wacky Leone homage, The Good, the Bad, the Weird. I want to see My Bloody Valentine in 3-D, and Outlander, starring Jim Caviezel as an alien who teams up with the Vikings. And right at the top of my dance-card, I'm afraid, is Beverly Hills Chihuahua, which I just have to see on the basis of that stupid title alone.

I'm sure some of these films will be rubbish, but equally sure that even the worst will yield moments of cinematic joy entirely absent from the likes of Revolutionary Road. If you want intellectual justification for Beverly Hills Chihuahua, I could probably rustle it up, but do we really need it? This is cinema.

Source: guardian.co.uk

Thanks to the ever-efficient cacao at lovelbh.com

Rise of Cobra

Coming On Strong

January 9, 2009 

Transformers 2, GI Joe Trailers to Debut During Superbowl

One of Michael Bay's last messages via his Shoot For The Edit forum talked about when the first teaser trailer for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen would arrive. His estimated guess was sometime in February, perhaps during Superbowl 43. 

Variety believes they've beat Bay to the punch, announcing that the Transformers sequel spot is "confirmed" to appear during the Superbowl. Bay has yet to publicly comment on this news. 

The "confirmed" movies to appear during the Superbowl include Paramount's other big budget trip down nostalgic toy lane, GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra. <span style='font-family:Arial Black'>These spots will be the first footage for either Transformers or GI Joe screened to the public. 

Rounding out the "confirmed" list are Star Trek, Angels and Demons, Monsters vs. Aliens (the 90-second 3-D spot), Land of the Lost and The Fast and the Furious (the 4th film in the franchise). 

Still tentative but likely to make an appearance are Pixar's Up and Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Notably absent from securing a spot thus far are Warner's three big 2009 flicks: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Terminator Salvation and The Watchmen. 

You've got to give props to Paramount and Dreamworks for their willingness to shell out the big bucks to get their big geek-infused films in front of a potential 100 million+ audience.

Source: thehdroom.com

World Exclusive: The G.I. Joe Super Bowl Spot! 
Source: Paramount Pictures January 31, 2009

ComingSoon.net and SuperheroHype.com are giving the world today an exclusive early look at the G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Super Bowl spot! This is the first footage ever from the Stephen Sommers-directed big screen adaptation and we think you'll feel the same way as us after viewing it - you want to see more!!

From the Egyptian desert to deep below the polar ice caps, the elite G.I. Joe team uses the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment to fight the corrupt arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious Cobra organization to prevent them from plunging the world into chaos.

trailer1a.jpg

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, opening in theaters on August 7, stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Byung Hun Lee, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

Watch the Super Bowl spot using the player below or by downloading one of the three High Definition QuickTime files!

[480p] ! [720p] ![1080p]

Source: superherohype.com

'G.I. Joe' Superbowl Spot Now Online!
by Erik Davis Jan 31st 2009 // 4:33PM

We've shoved our way through several different waves of G.I. Joe character posters in order to finally arrive here with our first look at actual footage from the film -- and I must say, despite all the naysaying, it looks pretty damn rad. Coming Soon has just debuted the Superbowl TV spot for G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, and while it's wayyy too short to grab any strong indication of whether or not the flick will rock our socks off, what we do get is a nice helping of summer action -- complete with chases, crashes, fights and foxes. Starring Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Byung Hun Lee, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid, G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra hits theaters on August 7. Check out the spot below or in HD over on Coming Soon. So ... whaddya think? 

Guest ellabel

Caution: ONLINE-generated translation only, an accurate gist would be highly appreciated

Korean pop stars, record shabby back streets?

한류스타, 초라한 안방복귀 성적?

마이데일리 기사전송 2009-01-08 15:34 | 최종수정 2009-01-08 21:04

http://nimg.empas.com/orgImg/my/2009/01/08...530021114_1.jpg

Aigoo!!! :blink: This news made me :sweatingbullets::unsure::wacko: just trying to get the gist.

I'm so curious about the real content of the article.

Hope we can read a good translation of this news.

An excited email buddy told me last night that she's going to the upcoming fanmeet.. only then it hit me.. I'm always a bit slow in catching-up.. So.. are you and the gang planning to see BH as well? :rolleyes: :blush:

I sure hope we will see BH at the wedding although there wasn't any (BH Ent confirmed) follow-up since the wedding news first came out. Now.. I've been told there are two dates for the wedding.. 10 and/or 11th January. As well as lots of celebrities going to attend the ceremony. But.. 50-50.. either way.. like always, we'll know when we actually see BH there when he's there.. huh.. huh..

Really hope he'll be there regardless of anything/anyone and vice-versa for the other party, too.. wouldn't he/they want to be there to congratulate PD Yoon.. but these days his whereabouts are always top-secret (unless leaked by his own management ^^).. just don't want to wait till February for the next BH-sighting.. :wacko:

Yet.. speaking of grapevines.. there seem to be quite a few growing wildly in 2009.. :sweatingbullets: .. I'm sure you've heard some and more, perhaps.

What will Byunghun-ssi do to us..

Is BH going to have a fanmeet this January?

I really hope he attends PG Yoon's wedding. Why shud it matter if his ex (y and z) is there? Gah! That's so passe already. :wacko:

Gosh! I'm so clueless rubes sis.

Can you share with me from time to time any ehem..... news from the grapevine that you manage to stumble upon. This very busy panda has been clueless and slow for the longest time already. Really miss all our on-line YM and PMs. Ching and ylin usually give me the most juicy tidbits on my faves. ;)

Btw, been missing ylin hunnie sis.... is she busy with work, Ching dear?

Thanks rubie and Huangsy for the news on BH's guesting on PJH's talk show. We know that BH is a great interviewee. He is very articulate, profound and witty. I hope somebody will translate the interview for non-koreans like me.

January 9, 2009

G.I. Joe Site Live

Rise of Cobra teaser site now online

by Jim Vejvoda

Yo, Joe! Cobra Command has begun its invasion of the Internet in preparation for the August 7th release of G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra.

The official film site has now gone live at GIJoeMovie.com. Right now it's merely a teaser site with a title logo, the option to register for updates, and the credits. The cast is listed pretty much in alphabetical order rather than by star wattage or the size of their role.

cobra2.jpg

The cast is listed as follows

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje,

Christopher Eccleston,

Joseph Gordon-Levitt,

Byung Hun Lee,

Sienna Miller,

Rachel Nichols,

Saïd Taghmaoui,

Channing Tatum,

Marlon Wayans and

Dennis Quaid.

Oddly, Ray Park (Snake-Eyes) and Arnold Vosloo (Zartan) have been omitted from the credits.

IGN has also heard that Paramount is still cutting a teaser trailer for the Stephen Sommers-directed actioner. - Paramount

From the Central Asian mountains to the Egyptian desert, through the crowded streets of Paris to the Polar Ice Cap, the elite G.I. Joe team journeys on an action-packed adventure. Using the latest next-generation spy technology and military equipment, they fight to stop crooked arms dealer Destro and the growing threat of the mysterious COBRA organization from plunging the world into chaos.

Source: IGN.com

This is interesting. If I'm not wrong, I think BH will be a guest in Park Joong Hoon's talk show sometime end of January. The new talk show recently started in late 2008 is rather interesting as guests invited have been sharing straightforwardly their utmost private feelings on personal issues on air.

I really hope he attends PG Yoon's wedding. Why shud it matter if his ex (y and z) is there? Gah! That's so passe already. :wacko:

Can you share with me from time to time any ehem..... news from the grapevine that you manage to stumble upon. This very busy panda has been clueless and slow for the longest time already. Really miss all our on-line YM and PMs. Ching and ylin usually give me the most juicy tidbits on my faves. ;)

Very busy panda reporting :D

Hello ella sis, me very very very busy now, no time to browse around for his news .... not to mention anything on translating news :P

Anyway, glad to know that BH is going to appear in a talkshow. According to one of the reports, he is only going to be back in the country on 12 Jan, so he may not be attending PD Yoon's wedding on 11 Jan. But, we never know, he is always full of suprises ... he may just fly back one day earlier to join the celebration ;)

He's having a fan-meet in Tokyo February 28th. So far.. some updates (fan-shared) & 2009 schedule have popped up one by one.. the latest being the talkshow thingy.. which is a real surprise. I was kinda hoping BH would be invited after reading JDG's confession in the talkshow as the first guest. It's pretty "intimate" interview the way the talks go.. so.. :rolleyes: .. always want to know what's in his mind and heart.. :blush: .. especially..

So far.. it's just bits and pieces of some storm that might or might not be coming. But truth is.. we just don't know what BH is really up to these days.. perhaps, it's appropriate to say.. Expect the UnExpected Possibilities.

Don't want to stir up anything unnecessarily.. you know how fans like to s.p.e.c.u.l.a.t.e.. especially for a blurr bored panda like rubes here.. :sweatingbullets:

Anyway, glad to know that BH is going to appear in a talkshow. According to one of the reports, he is only going to be back in the country on 12 Jan, so he may not be attending PD Yoon's wedding on 11 Jan. But, we never know, he is always full of suprises ... he may just fly back one day earlier to join the celebration ;)

So far, we're all assuming that he's back and probably would attend the wedding if he's in Seoul (one source indicated that he had returned early Jan but very hushed-hushed) but you're right.. the reports are all contradicting .. perhaps purposely :wacko: .. not knowing which is the correct one. As mentioned by kimchibabe-ssi.. we're on a "cat and mouse" chase. Which is the cat.. which one the mouse? :huh:

Anyway.. as always.. we'll see BH when we see him.. huh.. huh..

Hope it'll be sooner than January 25th.. who knows.. :blush:

Thanks rubie and Huangsy for the news on BH's guesting on PJH's talk show. We know that BH is a great interviewee. He is very articulate, profound and witty. I hope somebody will translate the interview for non-koreans like me.

Hi Ella sis, I am very busy too. :sweatingbullets: After almost 2 years of absence from work, now I am back to the grindstone. :P:lol:

After almost 2 years of absence from work, now I am back to the grindstone. :P:lol:

As a hopeless BH fan and always wishing for news translation/sharing everyday.. I feel more lonely now that Ching is already back at work (=less updates, hope not!).. but as a friend, this is very GOOD NEWS actually. Welcome back to the working world :P .. looks like I'm the only one still stuck in my Hunnie portal.. :blush: :lol:

So.. the wedding is today :sweatingbullets:.. I think .. we'll see BH when we see him.

it's about 12pm noon time in Seoul now...is there word if BHnim will attend pd Yoon's wedding?? :blink:

any of you know if the wedding will be public or private?? i'm leaning towards a private wedding due to a lot stars that will attend the wedding.

sorry i got the date wrong, PD's wedding is tom Sun

2009년 1월11일 오후 3시

DUN DUN DUN!!!!

<_< got all excited for nothing

:lol: thanks huangsy for the clarification