[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

Guest nad06

At first I only watched this drama for Park Ye Jin, but it's got me hooked! :-) Congrats to QSD making the 30% mark.

Totally agree wif you! ")

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah eps 13 felt like a transition eps for me too... i think it was basically an eps to move the story from the baekche-arc to the chilsook-arc. Although it had some surprises though, like Chilsook being alive (WTF?) and the mom too! (WTF?!) And mishil actually in love with some guy associated with plums?! (wth?!!).

Anyway, I'm somewhat confused about the power hierarchy regarding the hwarang thing. Cheonmyeong is always giving the orders and stuff, so I suppose she is actually the one in charge of hwarang affairs... so... what about mishil? if mishil isn't the consort of the current king (or is she?) so what is her position in the palace? (non-sexual consort hired for eyebrows acrobatics?).

And please everyone, don't take things personally okay? When people don't like an episode or an actress or some horse, it's the eps/actress/horse they don't like and not you, okay? So chill... everyone has the right to not like something or think that something isn't up to their standards. As long as they're not forcing people to subscribe to their opinions, then I think healthy discussions and a little bit of spice is always fun :)

Sorry to shorten your post.

Tetsuwanatom...thanks for making my day. I can't stop laughing after reading your last line of your 1st para. Plums..... :lol:

I am confused too with their positions on the hwarangs. I thought they were the CEOs of different sections of hwarangs? And oh...the eyebrows acrobats? I didn't know they brought this into saguek dramas too...haha (^^seen lotsa kiddos doing this lately at my side of the world).

*off to watch my ep 14...*

Guest charis89

I've read other posts regarding Alcheon, the military guy in yellow, and I have to add my two cents in! I love this character! Hopefully he will get some more air time because he was awesome in the battle episodes. I hope that he works with Yoo Shin and is part of Duk Man's crew. :)

Yellow Ranger is so much better than "the military guy in yellow." Hope you don't mind that I'm going to steal your nickname for Alcheon in my post here. :D

I couldn't agree with you more on this part of your post. There was so not enough of the Yellow Ranger in this episode.

Laugh out loud at the "Yellow Ranger" but it sounds right to the T for Alcheon. The way he fought during the war.. Still smitten with his cool appearance then. Missing his appearance. Hope he shows up more often.

I finished watching episode 14 just now.

Some people were quite right. It was like BAMM - a big transition from the previous episodes. Nevertheless I enjoyed watching very much. The story behind the young Mishil (I didn't know she was acted by After School's UEE until I read an article... she looked just like Go Hyun Jung especially her eyes. And her acting was good seeing it's her first) was revolutionary. Separated from her true love, a forced marriage.. I was feeling so sad for the young Mishil about her plight. Then SNAP! It's Go Hyun Jung. The ruthless one, who made use of her men and later disposed them. Nah - I don't support baddies. <_< Especially the scenes when Mishil was with her husband Sejong and then Seol Won. I got this eerie feeling.. It was like Mishil was seriously furious at the fathers-sons with their interference, yet she still have to "comfort" them to win back their hearts. It was like feeding them sweets after a big scolding. Eee..

Okay so now that I'm at the end of episode 14 I cannot help but wonder what the history is between Mi Sil and Chil Sook. Those looked like tears in Mi Sil's eyes when she adamantly ordered Bo Jong to find Chil Sook.

Mi Sil has more than platonic relationships with a variety of men, all who seem devoted to her, so perhaps Chil Sook and Mi Sil once had a more than platonic relationship as well? Is it possible that Chil Sook is somehow related to Mi Sil's first love? Or is in fact her first love? Is it a weird coincidence that they bring Chil Sook back as they delve deeper into Mi Sil's past and bring into the picture her first love, who gave her everything and asked for nothing in return?

Yea, I saw the part. Mishil seemed anxious to find Chil Sook once she learnt he was alive. But I was thinking the reason she wants him back so she could verify the mission with him. "Did he really kill the twin? Where had he been all these years?" After she got all the details, she would probably send someone to kill Chil Sook. Because he is of no more use to her. :P

I don't find there is any love relationship between Mishil and Chil Sook. He looks like someone who only knows how to fight, fight, fight, not love. Bleah. :D They are more like the mistress and her bodyguard.

Did you all see the letter he wrote? It said So Hwa was dead. In fact she did not because Chil Sook rescued her from the desert. I got a hunch that maybe Chil Sook had developed some compassion or feelings for So Hwa. If not why would he be concerned whether she is eating her meal or not? Or maybe, he just wanted to keep So Hwa by his side because he suspects Dukman is still alive. If she really is, he could use her as a bait/hostage to lure Dukman. After all he is the most respectable Hwarang, Chil Sook would still want to complete his mission.

Guest Vivskies

wait, WTF, THE MOM IS ALIVE?!

:huh: didnt she die in that quicksand stuff?

And why is she still with that Chil guy?

o_o did she loose her memory?

Guest danick

The conflicting reviews on Episodes 13 and 14 makes me want to upgrade my internet connection as it is taking me so long to download the huge files.

One of the reasons why I love surfing around this forum for the different drama series I follow is to get the viewers passionate comments. There is quite a high when you read people spazzing about the drama you love may it be negative or positive.

I am glad that those episodes are tackling Mi Shil's past because I'd love to know why she has gotten so greedy to the point of killing almost everyone on her path. Those eyebrows must have some history behind them.

Normally, I do not like to read spoilers but the wait is killing me so while I download I'm here to pass the time and read what's new with the Hwarang boys, The Daily Meeting of MS Evil Council, and The Princesses Secret Meetings in the land that has discovered the Fountain of Youth.

I am glad Chilsuk is back. I never liked the idea that he died in the sandstorm. Warriors should die on the battlefield. I've seen the pictures of So Hwa and Chilsuk, don't tell me they are falling in love with each other. Darn it, I did not see that one coming. I do not think Mi Shil will like that very much. She wants all the men to be hers and hers alone.

Although, I do not believe that will happen because i do not think Chilsuk just wasted too many years only to give up in the end. Oh well, love can change a person. Hahahaha....you wish!

I got one question though, is the princess falling in love with Yu Shin? Are the twins going for the same man? I hope they do not go to that path. Do not tell me there is no other eligible men in their country?!

I better go before I type more. Off to watching Ep 13!

Thanks everyone for sharing your reviews! I love reading them.

Guest riehae

I was like really didn't expect that twist... her foster mother being alive and all...

but it getting better.. really better each time...

Guest limroom9

did yu shin's dad sleep with mi shil ?!???!

i dont think so... kim seo hyun (yu shin's dad) does not like mi shil, and i think there was a line where he says that his only love is still only for lady manmyeong (his wife)

Guest dramaok

:tears::tears::crazy::crazy: :excl: :excl:

i'm behind and havent watched all of this wk's eppies but looks like arlcheon ranger gets lil screen time and no dialogue??!!!! WTF

Hmm... so chilsook x soohwa.... love? sympathy? maybe during their days in the palace he was always spying on her and thinking: "Oh there she falls on her face again... so.... kyute...."

hee. ya i heart chilsook + sohwa. they look cute together.

and OH MAN, did you guys see Mishil's seductress powers in action? xD

i was like....wow. priceless. at first when she was being all lovey-dovey to her husband I was like "uh...is she for real? she likes him that much?"

but then when the went to the seolwon part i was like, you gotta be kidding me.

ya.. though for the first time i am having doubts about GHJ casting since the drama started.

i feel as though she didn't quite seduce enough. i thought it should've been more seductive but in a more subtle way.

i was thinking someone like lee miyeon would've been great. or even han chae-yeong, but i'm not sure if Han could pull off the other stuff..

something about Go hyeonjeong's acting was a bit off in the bedroom. she just looked too obvious and desperate.

I hate to admit it but here goes, I've had feelings of annoyance with Duk Man's character in previous episodes and again in this one. I feel like they are making her always seem to be a few cents short of a dollar. I find her character to be somewhat whiny and immature. Perhaps it is LYW's portrayal of the character but I wish the petulant behavior (acting?) was brought down by just a notch. Perhaps LYW is having a difficult time portraying someone who is suppose to be really very young. I'm not sure.

yea. the young deokman was tomboyish, outspoken and dramatic, but she was endearing and lovely.. but the older one is annoying and obnoxious, even though she is still tomboyish, outspoken and dramatic. it's tough to cheer for her. it ws natural for the young one.

I am confused too with their positions on the hwarangs. I thought they were the CEOs of different sections of hwarangs? And oh...the eyebrows acrobats? I didn't know they brought this into saguek dramas too...haha (^^seen lotsa kiddos doing this lately at my side of the world).

Mishil's official court position is 'saeju [새주]'.. beholder of royal seal. she is the one who gets to stamp that big o stamp on all the official decrees and orders.

only the ten guys + yusin arehwarangs. their scout members are "followers".

I am glad Chilsuk is back. I never liked the idea that he died in the sandstorm. Warriors should die on the battlefield. I've seen the pictures of So Hwa and Chilsuk, don't tell me they are falling in love with each other. Darn it, I did not see that one coming. I do not think Mi Shil will like that very much. She wants all the men to be hers and hers alone.

chilsook is not really a warrior. he's more like a bodyguard / servant/ stalker.

but there's something about him that i like from the beginning. a glimmer of humanity.

and i love your line "Warriors should die on the battlefield"...

--------------------------

p.s. ya dont anyone get too serious about the age jokes we're just teasing. we're all still very young. ^^

Guest riehae

woah... the episodes getting better...

I usually have a hard time catching up with all the dramas that I watch that is also currently airing but I'm glad that I cando it with this drama.. eheh

Guest twilight0holic

:\ No episode 15 preview this week? Man, episode 14 was so fast paced.

wait, WTF, THE MOM IS ALIVE?!

:huh: didnt she die in that quicksand stuff?

And why is she still with that Chil guy?

o_o did she loose her memory?

Haha clearly you didn't watch episode 14.

Tetsuwanatom...thanks for making my day. I can't stop laughing after reading your last line of your 1st para. Plums..... :lol:

Heheheehe no problem :) I am happy someone appreciated the post! Your post made my day too! Happy virus! :D

Heheheehe no problem :) I am happy someone appreciated the post! Your post made my day too! Happy virus! :D

Yellow Ranger is so much better than "the military guy in yellow." Hope you don't mind that I'm going to steal your nickname for Alcheon in my post here. :D

I couldn't agree with you more on this part of your post. There was so not enough of the Yellow Ranger in this episode.

Laugh out loud at the "Yellow Ranger" but it sounds right to the T for Alcheon. The way he fought during the war.. Still smitten with his cool appearance then. Missing his appearance. Hope he shows up more often.

YELLOW RANGER 4 EVA!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm behind and havent watched all of this wk's eppies but looks like arlcheon ranger gets lil screen time and no dialogue??!!!! WTF

hee. ya i heart chilsook + sohwa. they look cute together.

Mishil's official court position is 'saeju [새주]'.. beholder of royal seal. she is the one who gets to stamp that big o stamp on all the official decrees and orders.

only the ten guys + yusin arehwarangs. their scout members are "followers".

chilsook is not really a warrior. he's more like a bodyguard / servant/ stalker.

Hehe you're here! Wondered where you were! Yes our ranger only gets mini-screen time and still no horse (life is unfair).

ROTFL @ bodyguard/servant/stalker! AHAHAHA! Now he's also sohwa's nanny #___# Ah, how love changes a man!

Thanks for clearing up the stuff about Mishil though... always wondered what her official job is... stamping that big stamp huh... sounds cushy... who knew big stamps had such powah!

btw you guys.... there's this pic of a middle aged man next to the soompi search button on the navigation bar... and it's been there since yesterday... anyone know what's up... cos it's starting to make me go O_O

Guest lynn_9344

During the first appearance of the older Yushin(UTW), I did find him attractive at all. I find his nose somewhat distracting. Plus, he looks constipated. Alas, as the show progressed, he kinda grows on me. I find him cute, if not much cuter, in these scenes:

1.when he frantically searched and eventually found DM.

2. when he grasped DM's hands and knelt in front of her during the interrogation. There was so much worry and pity in his eyes.

3.When he went with DM to do an errand for the princess. His lacking in sense of direction made him somewhat more human coz he seems so stiff.

By the way, in EP14, when Mishil speaks, her lower lip doesn't seem to move at all.It must probably be from botox inj but her emotion is conveyed thru her eyebrows. Wow, it's amazing to look at. Don't look at her eyes if u want to gauge her mood, just look at the eyebrows(lol)

Saejong's character is played to perfection. He reminds me of a peacock. QSD has kept me entertained so far. What I dont like though is the anticipation of watching for the next episode. The waiting part is killing me...

By the way, in EP14, when Mishil speaks, her lower lip doesn't seem to move at all.It must probably be from botox inj but her emotion is conveyed thru her eyebrows. Wow, it's amazing to look at. Don't look at her eyes if u want to gauge her mood, just look at the eyebrows(lol).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I agree with you...

and she can move just one of her eyebrow (right or left)

i try this at home and i cant do this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I agree with you...

and she can move just one of her eyebrow (right or left)

i try this at home and i cant do this :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ever since this drama.... ive actually been practising eyebrow movements whenever i'm in front of a mirror............

ok, no more shameful confessions......

Archived