[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to ask a question, who is the guy acting Al Cheon? He resembles a little of Lee Junki, so cute and cool.

Who is the guy acting as ArlCheon/AlCheon/AlChun . . . [1] [2] [3] [4]

BTW, is WhiteStar not updating the first posting anymore?

Guest charis89

Who is the guy acting as ArlCheon/AlCheon/AlChun . . . [1] [2] [3] [4]

Thanks for the enlightenment. :) I really think he makes a good hwarang.

With regards to Uhm Tae Woong, he seems a little old for the role. If you compare him and other hwarangs... Hmmm... I do hope he has more engaging parts next time. Well I thought there are some chemistry between him and Lee Yo Won on the screen, there must be. Somehow I find them a better looking couple than UTW and Park Yejin. :S Also compared to their characters in other dramas, there are obviously some change. I didn't think LYW could portray the "malely" role, but she does so in a "cutely" way too. Makes me like her more. While UTW, he is so serious here... I like the younger him. :D

Guest cherrygirl654

NOOOO...I dont want the evil ChiSuk to come back!! :o

But I'm happy that the mother survives..

Don't tell me he saved her... <_<

Looks like Deok Man found out a shocker or something at the end....

I thought that was a flashback? lol.

Guest amy_jacinth

To answer some questions, i will try to give the answer based on what i've read from TSKS forum. I'm not that good in translating mandarin into english so if i'm wrong just feel free to correct me.

The answer to why Misil is so evil is because of her past. (what i'm going to say below is based on the past reading and not necessary equal to how the drama going to potrait the character)

Misil is known to be born out of wed-lock and being brought up by her grandmum. As she grown up, she learned a lot of things and this includes how to make used of her body. At the age of 14, she was brought into the palace and married 世宗 (sorry, i'm watching in chinese sub so i'm not sure what he is called in english). However, she was involve in some palace disputes and later on been chased out. Outside of palace, she met a Hwarang and her heart was healed. They fall in love but this does not last long. 世宗 had love sick over Misil and summons her back to palace. This happened when her lover was in war. She refused but after she got the news that her lover was died, she gave in. But of course, that was a lie. Her lover died later after all the misery. At that time, Misil turned into someone cold and evil. That is when she started to make use of all her ability and worked on to gain power.

I hope this give some idea on how Misil turned out to be that evil. Just feel free to comment but don't scold me...... :P

My opinion on this drama : Misil is the winner.....she is the one that makes me love this drama so much!!! Loving it!!!

Thanks amy_jacinth, what you wrote & found from TSKS kind of paralleled with what great_aldebaran wrote in Page 48, 3 days ago . . . .

when i watch QSD at viikii, i found Mishil's background story from discussion room

Mi Shil was originally in love with a guy named Sa Da Ham, who happened to be the leader of Hwa rang (5th "poong wul joo").

When Se Jong was old enough get married, he saw how beautiful Mi Shil was and fell in love with her right away. Se Jong's mother, Ji So, then ordered Mi Shil to marry Se Jong.

But Ji So didn't like Mi Shil because (this is where it gets really complicated) Mi Shil was the niece of Queen Sa Do, who was King Jin Heung's wife. So I'm saying Ji So didn't get along with her own daughter-in-law, Queen Sa Do (and Mi Shil was Queen Sa Do's niece, so naturally, Ji So didn't like Mi Shil either). Ji So only put up with Mi Shil since Se Jong liked her so much, but eventually, Ji So kicked Mi Shil out of the palace. To put it in the drama's context, I think at this point, Mi Shil wondered, what did she do wrong? First, she was separated from her love to marry another dude (ordered by his mother), and now this woman was kicking her out. It probably irritated Mi Shil that she was powerless to fight it. Hence the quote about "not being the same Mi Shil" if she ever gets to come back to the palace.

Then Mi Shil went back to her first love, Sa Da Ham. But at the time, Shilla was in a war with Gaya. What does a Hwa rang leader do when there is a war? He has to go to the war, of course! So Sa Da Ham tearfully said goodbye to Mi Shil and went into the war.

Then Ji So called Mi Shil back to the palace again, because Se Jong was missing Mi Shil sooooo much that he was ill and almost dying. Ji So couldn't bear to see her son die, so she ordered Mi Shil to come back. Mi Shil went back to be with Se Jong again, once again, being separated from her true love, Sa Da Ham.

This is when Mi Shil started changing - she realized she needed power so no one could ever order her around and mess with her life again. When Sa Da Ham came back from the war, he saw that Mi Shil was gone - he was so heartbroken that he died (there were probably other reasons). And of course, Mi Shil was sad to hear that her true love had died.

Then Mi Shil started using her beauty to seduce many men from that point on. As you know, King Jin Heung fell in love with Mi Shil too (and get this - his wife, Queen Sa Do, who is also Mi Shil's aunt, was actually OK with it!) and made Mi Shil the "won hwa" - female chief of Hwa rang.

Some people have pointed out that Se Jong needs to grow a pair of balls since his wife is whoring around all the time - but I think it's because Se Jong realizes that it was partly his fault that Mi Shil turned out that way. So he just accepts her for the way she is, with other men and all. In the end, Mi Shil only had one "official" husband and that was Se Jong, so good enough for him. I think once Mi Shil realized how easy it was to manipulate men, she just couldn't stop. That's the dangerous thing about power - once you have a taste of it, it's really hard to stop!

credit to heidi0413 from viikii.net

Guest alicechen

I thought that was a flashback? lol.

I dont think it's a flashback since you see Deok Man's Mom (forgot her name) as well....hehe XD

Plus, Chilsuk looks like he's returning to the palace or something..... I'm guessing.. B)

Mishil has such a harsh life. No wonder why she said CheonMyung's return reminds her of herself years ago.

If Mishil weren't evil, she could turn out to be an outstanding Leader.

Guest JkNyc

Am I the only person who thinks that Chil Sook will be back and help Duk Man somehow? I know Chil Sook is devoted to Mi Shil, I mean spending all those years tracking lead after lead to finish Duk Man off, shows devotion. But it also has to engender a sense of bitterness and anger no? What has Mi Shil given Chil Sook that he is forever unable to go home or forever having to hunt Duk Man down? All those scenes in the beginning focusing on Chil Sooks face, makes me think that there will be more to Chil Sook's character/story line than expected.

Although most everything seems to point to a love triangle of some sort between Yoo Shin and the two princesses I hope that Duk Man and Yoo Shin eventually address their love for each other. It would suck if Duk Man just loved Yoo Shin and Yoo Shin only loves Chun Myung. I know that it will most likely not be a happy ending for Yoo Shin and Duk Man in the traditional happy ending sense, but I hope that it is enough that we as viewers are satisfied with the romantic storyline of this historical drama.

And even though I hate to point it out, Mi Shil's character played by GHJ is fantabulous!!! She is by far the best actor in this entire drama. I must say that if the rumors are true about GHJ asking to be cast as Mi Shil and not Seon Duk, GHJ was savvvvvyy!!! Hopefully LYW will be able to flex her acting prowess as the story line develops and she gets into more meatier scenes. LYW was great in Bong Dal Hee so hopefully she will be able to show her growth as an actor with this drama.

I cannot wait to see Kim Nam Gil act as Bi Dan. (Loved him as the "Bodyguard" in the Korean Drama Lovers with Lee Seo Jin!!) If I'm not mistaken, Bi Dan is the son Mi Shil will try to make King. I am so eagerly awaiting the fireworks from the other men and sons, Ha Jong the idiot and Bo Jong the psycho. :D

Guest charis89

Am I the only person who thinks that Chil Sook will be back and help Duk Man somehow? I know Chil Sook is devoted to Mi Shil, I mean spending all those years tracking lead after lead to finish Duk Man off, shows devotion. But it also has to engender a sense of bitterness and anger no? What has Mi Shil given Chil Sook that he is forever unable to go home or forever having to hunt Duk Man down? All those scenes in the beginning focusing on Chil Sooks face, makes me think that there will be more to Chil Sook's character/story line than expected.

No, you aren't the only one who thinks Chil Sook may come back and help Duk Man. I think so too. :D You are right. He spent more than 15 years of wandering to look for lost princess.. Because of that, he can't even go back home or do other things.. Honestly his loyalty to Mishil is most admirable. When he first appeared, I kept thinking he might be sent by the late King to be undercover. :P Who knows? It may happen.

I wonder if Moon No is dead or alive? I thought after rescuing So Hwa and baby, he would stay along with them to protect them.. Kind of disappointed to see him disappear from their lives. Hope he appears soon. :D

Guest eduardjr

No, you aren't the only one who thinks Chil Sook may come back and help Duk Man. I think so too. :D You are right. He spent more than 15 years of wandering to look for lost princess.. Because of that, he can't even go back home or do other things.. Honestly his loyalty to Mishil is most admirable. When he first appeared, I kept thinking he might be sent by the late King to be undercover. :P Who knows? It may happen.

I wonder if Moon No is dead or alive? I thought after rescuing So Hwa and baby, he would stay along with them to protect them.. Kind of disappointed to see him disappear from their lives. Hope he appears soon. :D

I agree with the 2 of you.

On one episode, I saw some facial expression of Chil Sook. I think when they planning to kill the 2nd Princess (Dukman), I saw the expression of his face (Chil Sook) that he like to prevent it though he is the one who sent to kill the Princess.

Guest JkNyc

I think Moon No separated from Duk Man and So Hwa to draw the assassins away from them. Hopefully we will see some more of what happened between those years of Duk Man as a baby being rescued from the caves and how she ended up in the middle of the desert in China.

I wonder about Moon No as well. Perhaps he died but we just don't know it? It would make sense to keep his death a secret so Mi Shil and her cohorts spend time wandering around looking for Moon No. Splits up resources and makes it harder to find Duk Man. We saw some previews with So Hwa and Chil Sook so perhaps those scenes are playbacks from the past that we have not yet been privy to.

I'm totally ready for Monday to arrive. I wonder what Duk Man's response to Chun Myung being the princess will be. I cannot wait to see Duk Man find out that she is the daughter of the King and sister to Chun Myung. I'm sure we are in for some truly emotional scenes filled with remorse, anger, and bitterness.

Guest twilight0holic

I can't help it but think Chil Sook is going to turn out good. Haha I keep thinking about Ahn Kil Kang's (the person playing Chil Sook) role in Iljimae where he was an assassin but turned good eventually. Let's hope that is going to happen in Queen Seon Duk.

Guest hjkomo

I cannot wait to see Kim Nam Gil act as Bi Dan.

He's gonna need his own Steed of Glory. :D

동갑, or 동생?!!!

Didn't you say you had a grown up son or something? :o I am old but not THAT old! :P

뭐? :huh:

I never said anything about a son. Oldest 조카's 11.

Guest yeohweping

200907060929221.JPG

200907060929221_2.JPG

200907060929221_3.JPG

200907060929221_4.JPG

20090706091504638.jpg

Uee does look like a younger Mi-Shil. The way she glares is just like the older Mi-Shil.

20090706103404974.jpeg

Recreation of the crown.

Guest christina

Hi, so the written preview of ep 14 is up and here is the original along with the translation of it:

수나라에서 사신과 상단이 당도하자 칠숙과 소화가 무리속에 합류하고 있다. 칠숙

은 눈이 흐릿하고 소화는 충격이 여전한 듯 멍하다. 한편 덕만은 사다함의 매화가 무

엇인지를 살피려고 상단의 장대인을 염탐한다. 열쇠를 위조해 결국 상자를 열고 미

실과 무엇을 거래할 것이란 사실을 알아내는데...

Chil-sook and So-hwa is among the merchants and the ambassador from Su dynasty. Chil-sook has blurry vision and So-hwa seems numb-minded from shock. Meanwhile, Duk-man wants to find out what Sa-da-ham's flower box is so she goes seeks the leader of the Su merchants. She gets a copy of the key and is able to open the box, thereby finding out of what it is she can use to strike a deal with mi-shil...

So according to this, chil-sook and So-hwa is alive... I thought they were both dead for sure.

Guest adieu.cloud

^ THAT MEANS ?!?!!?!?! (:

HER MAMA DIDNT DIE YET!

i didnt want her to die so early into the drama anyways . & i actually liked her :o acting

The guy who played Alcheon's ... SO COOL (: HES SO HOOT !

AHAHAH XD he ... reminds me of dongwook at some angles.

but MAN IS HE HOT :D! i loved how he was injured & he wanted to die cos of it .

LMAO. am i the only one that wants dukman & alcheon together :D

i hope hes on the king's side instead since ... hes "battle buddies" with yushin.

lol i also have that feeling xD that chilsuk would turn nice :P i cant erase my image of him in iljimae away :(

i dont like the yushin, he looks 40 something D: & i liked the young one (: HES CUTE!

Guest daemang

rating has not hit up to 30%, Although the continue to support this drama because sis lee love me,haaaaaaaaa

Archived