[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

Guest dramaok

LOL @ hjkomo. :D

hm.. i dunno how i feel about the korean issue. i mean theres no english only rule@ soompi. just me or english speakers always want everyone else to speak english only.

sometimes i think in korean sometimes i think in english.. or another language.. i guess i just have to limit my thoughts to english. damn assimilation,,.....

and the person to whom the words were addressed to understood them it wasnt part of the general discussion, and it wasn't like i answered your specific question in korean. but ok whatever. i guess i do know how i feel ha! :P

back to drama... theres rumor :excl: :excl: that chilsook saved sohwa. they filmed footage of him carrying her out of the desert but they havent decided to show that or not. but i still dont know wheres moonoh. early retirement? :o

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MisterBarca

LOL @ hjkomo. :D

hm.. i dunno how i feel about the korean issue. i mean theres no english only rule@ soompi. just me or english speakers always want everyone else to speak english only.

sometimes i think in korean sometimes i think in english.. or another language.. i guess i just have to limit my thoughts to english. damn assimilation,,.....

and the person to whom the words were addressed to understood them it wasnt part of the general discussion, and it wasn't like i answered your specific question in korean. but ok whatever. i guess i do know how i feel ha! :P

back to drama... theres rumor :excl: :excl: that chilsook saved sohwa. they filmed footage of him carrying her out of the desert but they havent decided to show that or not. but i still dont know wheres moonoh. early retirement? :o

Moon-no seems to have a small role in this drama, so perhaps he will either not come back or come back as a transitional figure who teaches Seon-deok and Kim Yoo-sin some 무술 and then ride off to a mountain? :)

Guest ruishi

wow! love episode 6! just love the encounter of the twins!

young deok man is great! she's such a good actress even at a young age.

too bad we'll only get to see her till the next episode (?). will miss her great acting!

will definitely look forward to when she comes of age & she can finally have a full drama

to herself....

as usual, can't wait for the next episode!

Guest MisterBarca

wow! love episode 6! just love the encounter of the twins!

young deok man is great! she's such a good actress even at a young age.

too bad we'll only get to see her till the next episode (?). will miss her great acting!

will definitely look forward to when she comes of age & she can finally have a full drama

to herself....

as usual, can't wait for the next episode!

She was pretty bad in "King Se-jong." As I have said before, she's at the moment a one-trick pony. She can play the hyper-active, vivacious girl, but she can't play more serious roles.

Guest MisterX

^^

http://news.naver.com/main/hotissue/read.n...9&ptype=011

Never underestimate my 80%s ㅋㅋ

----

I'll add to dramaok's dramatic "Mea Culpa" (it's like the Borg, I tells ya~) for using too much Korean/Hanja and will try to keep it to a minimum in the future, but.... uh, it's not like writing some of this stuff in English would help immensely if you have no background knowledge. And romanization is sorely lacking when it comes to capturing some of those utterances' meaning. It's not elitism, just laziness and the alphabet's impracticability. Should it turn to be squirrelly elitism on my part anyway.... oh well, par for the course, ain't it? ㅋㅋ

Guest MisterBarca

^^

http://news.naver.com/main/hotissue/read.n...9&ptype=011

Never underestimate my 80%s ㅋㅋ

----

I'll add to dramaok's dramatic "Mea Culpa" (it's like the Borg, I tells ya~) for using too much Korean/Hanja and will try to keep it to a minimum in the future, but.... uh, it's not like writing some of this stuff in English would help immensely if you have no background knowledge. And romanization is sorely lacking when it comes to capturing some of those utterances' meaning. It's not elitism, just laziness and the alphabet's impracticability. Should it turn to be squirrelly elitism on my part anyway.... oh well, par for the course, ain't it? ㅋㅋ

I know; I read that report quite a while ago, as I am a fan of Miss Han.

Nonetheless, you are tilting against a straw man, as I wasn't saying that you would be proven wrong. Rather, you had given the impression that something was an already done deal when it was only a likelihood. And sometimes likelihoods do not materialize into done deals.

P.S. As an aside, I'd love to see Miss Han do some sultry bed scenes, but I guess it will never happen, given her professed religiosity! :)

Guest hjkomo

So what does it stand for then? Ok, let me take another guess. "Hjk" is your initials, and "omo" is a typical expression that Korean females resort to when they want to sound surprised and cute? :)

I don't think I've ever been guilty of trying to sound surprised and cute....unless you include my behavior at the age of 5. :P

but i still dont know wheres moonoh. early retirement? :o

:lol:

Nah, shirley's making sure he's one of the generals to lead her young hwarang army. :P

And seolwon's looking a bit better with the facial hair...just a tad bit. :lol:

Moon-no seems to have a small role in this drama, so perhaps he will either not come back or come back as a transitional figure who teaches Seon-deok and Kim Yoo-sin some 무술 and then ride off to a mountain? :)

<_<

Even though I have to look up the hanja, the Korean comments make the thread that much more enjoyable (for me, at least :))

Romanization usually drives me nuts 'cause I hate the "official" rules, and I'd much rather see it in Hangeul to spare me the torment. :rolleyes:

Guest MisterX

Even though I have to look up the hanja, the Korean comments make the thread that much more enjoyable (for me, at least :))

Romanization usually drives me nuts 'cause I hate the "official" rules, and I'd much rather see it in Hangeul to spare me the torment. :rolleyes:

Blame Park Jung-Hee's junta for taking that out of elementary schools. Learning Korean is so much easier once you start from basic Hanja. And you can add the possibility of being able to point out to your ever so boasting friend that his/her latest tattoo only means "sweet potato" and not some exotic musings from the Great Sage.

Guest dramaok

great.. hm.. park yongwoo.. handsome yes.. good actor.. yes.. hot.. no.. T.T

And romanization is sorely lacking when it comes to capturing some of those utterances' meaning. It's not elitism, just laziness and the alphabet's impracticability.

ya i agree. though i wouldn't put it so dramatic! B) basically for me when i write in one language it captures a different state of mind i think lots of ppl here understand they may or may not know korean but i know lots of ppl at soompi are multilingual. so anyways i'll just start to focus more on the english thing i don't mean to exclude ppl on purpose it is basically me me and me wanting to do my way it's hard for me to think about other ppl. :P

:lol:

Nah, shirley's making sure he's one of the generals to lead her young hwarang army. :P

And seolwon's looking a bit better with the facial hair...just a tad bit. :lol:

waittaminutessss the hwarangs are like 9 yrs old. is she after them too? *shock* :o

[hee she's not here to defend herself so yeah.. sshhhh]

that's just so errr illegal.. seolwon still looks like a turtle in some costume.

P.S. As an aside, I'd love to see Miss Han do some sultry bed scenes, but I guess it will never happen, given her professed religiosity! :)

really? hm.. i thought religion for korean actors is pretty much just an image concept.

maybe she'll change her concept in a few years when she starts to get wrinkles. or when the right role comes in.

who knows. there's hope for you. :D

but she is very stunning looking when made up.

p.s. i love sweet potato. eat it w/ kimchi and it's culinary art! ok i'm going back to korea this winter again just to eat this. love cheap satisfying food that smells like home.. yum...

Guest MisterBarca

really? hm.. i thought religion for korean actors is pretty much just an image concept.

maybe she'll change her concept in a few years when she starts to get wrinkles. or when the right role comes in.

who knows. there's hope for you. :D

but she is very stunning looking when made up.

Han Hye-jin has publicly claimed that she's not only a virgin but also never even been kissed! She's also explicitly boasted that she's rejected many opportunities to further her career by sleeping around with VIPs like Jang Ja-yun.

Who knows if all this is true? Nonetheless, every time I look at that angelic face, I think it may be true! :)

To dramaok, 아나키스, hjkomo & MisterBarca

*bows 1000x apologetically*

Did not mean to cause a major upheavel with my trivial comment in jest. Please continue in the manner that all of you deem fit and feel comfortable with, PLEEEEEEZZZZEEEEEE.

Guest MisterBarca

To dramaok, 아나키스, hjkomo & MisterBarca

*bows 1000x apologetically*

Did not mean to cause a major upheavel with my trivial comment in jest. Please continue in the manner that all of you deem fit and feel comfortable with, PLEEEEEEZZZZEEEEEE.

I am not offended, sweetie. I am just explaining that Konglish transliterations are sometimes too oogly and even indecipherable! :)

Guest dramaok

whar! han hyejin said that herself? that seems like such a personal thing to say in public :huh:

ionno once u say stuff like that ppl will keep track of all her extracurricular activities.

that means she and park yongwoo won't be lovers then?

no worries tiki no need apologize we are just dramaqueens [ok, me].

but actually for some reason all this time i thought you read korean too...

no worries tiki no need apologize we are just dramaqueens [ok, me].

but actually for some reason all this time i thought you read korean too...

Fooled you, didn't I . . . I can only "make do" & guess-timate with help of GoogleTranslation/BabelFish . . .imagine the remaining 90%. hehehe

Guest MisterBarca

whar! han hyejin said that herself? that seems like such a personal thing to say in public :huh:

ionno once u say stuff like that ppl will keep track of all her extracurricular activities.

Yes, she did. But she is exempting the kisses she gave/received in her acting roles though.

Guest MisterBarca

By the way, who is 박용우? I looked him up, and he was supposed in "무인시대," but I don't recall him. Wait, was he the guy who played 경대승? If so, yikes.

Guest ruishi

She was pretty bad in "King Se-jong." As I have said before, she's at the moment a one-trick pony. She can play the hyper-active, vivacious girl, but she can't play more serious roles.

i see....this is the first time i've seen this kid, haven't seen her other works.

perhaps she improved, i find her really good here in QSD. we'll see in her succeeding projects....

Guest MisterBarca

i see....this is the first time i've seen this kid, haven't seen her other works.

perhaps she improved, i find her really good here in QSD. we'll see in her succeeding projects....

She was also in "The Lobbyist," starring Song Il-guk. She carried that drama early on and was magnificent, because she played the same exact role she's playing in "Queen Seon-deok": A cute, bubbly girl.

Guest spacez
:) A very inspirational story, that people will love it. I will enjoy watching this drama, big hit of this is no question ask. I like the dress of Sung Yuri, very pretty and lady like, I hope I can have it also.

Archived