[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ginny_potter

Can a kind soul please summarize what happened to Princess Chun Myung so far in this episode? :) I wanna know the story behind those screencaps.

Guest hjkomo

Hmmm.... found the Roman merchant's name.

Mametkulovs Mansur, Russian. Korean name is 정민수.

http://gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=seond...2274&page=1

But he looks hapa. ;)

Hope to see him in future projects 'cause his Korean sure is better than many other foreign actors (*cough* or even half-Korean actors *cough* :rolleyes:)

And what was with the blond wig dude...was he trying to speak awful Korean or was that for real? :huh:

Council = 미실 똘마니, only Eunje is the party pooper

But if you see Mishil on Episode 5, she says 용수 becoming 태자 can only be a positive predicament for them.

Why? 'Cause if the 성골 glass ceiling is broken, HER 진골 son (potential one with the King, that is) could become 태자 as well (since she knows someone is croaking, soon). Bingo.

Please don't say Maya's gonna die soon... :(

Guest MisterX

But he looks hapa. ;)

hapa kolea. ㅋㅋ

He's been working here and there. Thanks to this role, he will probably get more roles along the lines of "Standing foreigner No. 11" in the future. Better than 듣보잡 아프리카 상인 아저씨. 오늘도 인상적인 눈빛 연기~ (분위기는 대충 "여긴 이태원 아니지? 왜들 다 이상한 가발을 쓰냐" 스타일이었지만)

And what was with the blond wig dude...was he trying to speak awful Korean

Of course.

Guest plegend2007

I just love this Saeguk drama for moving at such fast pace. I wonder if they can keep up at this pace.

So far, the script is excellent, and I like the cast members. Really looking forward to every Monday and Tuesday.

Despite myself I'm getting more and more interested in Queen Seon Deouk thanks to the fast pacing (still following Princess Ja Myung Go, but that show could really learn its lesson from this show about pace).

What happened in today's episode? Did the poor servant woman (the "foster" mother of Seon Deok really) die?

Guest MisterBarca

Despite myself I'm getting more and more interested in Queen Seon Deouk thanks to the fast pacing (still following Princess Ja Myung Go, but that show could really learn its lesson from this show about pace).

What happened in today's episode? Did the poor servant woman (the "foster" mother of Seon Deok really) die?

Yes, it appears so.

Guest dramaok

hi

dramaok

Long time no see~

hello back~ i am enjoying this too..

廢人만큼 아니지만 ㅋㅋㅋ중독성강함^^*

이름 멋지다아.. hope we'll see him more in the future.

Can a kind soul please summarize what happened to Princess Chun Myung so far in this episode? :) I wanna know the story behind those screencaps.

i haven't watched ep.6, but in ep. 5, basically, her husband yongsoo (park jeongcheol) gets killed on his way back from a victory battle (i'm thinking mishil had something to do w/ it).. and at the funeral, mishil whispers to cheonmyeong 'flee! run from your destiny that is my last pity for you'.. so then cheonmyeong tells everyone she's leaving the palace to be a nun, but actually she is using that as a coverup as she instructs yongsoo's younger brother, yongchoon (who is btw kinda hot) to go and find moonoh who's been gone for the last 15 yrs.. so she can get him to help her reclaim power over the hwarangs and go against mishil. also, cheonmyeong tells yongchoon she's pregnant w/ yongsoo's child. then a year pass, and cheonmyeong's given birth to a boy she names him choonchook (he later becomes king) but mishil's lover seolwon finds out yongchoon's been looking for moonoh in secret so the mishil camp is onto something.. cheonmyeong leaves the temple to moonoh's hometown where he's been spotted but the place is a dangerous place commoned by war, so she leaves her baby w/ her maids and goes to find moonoh alone.

actually i think they did make Mishil look older after 15 yrs. i noticed her makeup was different.

but the one that really aged is lady maya. how in the hell did she look so old in 15 yrs.

:huh:

maybe it had to do with the twins too --;; making the mother aged at express speed

btw i noticed they made a mistake on the korean subtitle. they referred to Cantonese is 광동어 when it should've been 광둥어 (i'm pretty sure). and they referred to the more mandarin sounding dialect as 북경어 which i thought was kinda weird? the whole language thing and the warddrobe thingies.. were kinda funny though. it's like you're trying to get a simple cup of black coffee in korea 5-10 yrs ago. there's no such thing. it has to come w/ loads of fake cream and refined sugar mixed w/ the instant stuff, in a pretty cup with saucer and all... when it's all done w/ you need a large glass of water to wash it all down.

lol! i think they are also abit confused in terms of the subtitles .

ohh i have this clip when the cast are all together in the hotel room . preparing for the scene when they are captured ...lol when they are reading the lines you can see how they attempt the mixture of language required .! ..that roman guy sounds really good with his canto ~..little deok man is soo cute ..

making of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR5eM0sZV4E

and here is another making of .

the quicksand scene for esp 5 it is so tough doing this scene ! oh gosh i hope the mother is all right !! the completed scene make it look as it is impossible for her to survive .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZlCwgaN2BU

really ..that guy is russian . i will like to see him around more often too!

.his language abilities is pretty good!

i haven't watched ep.6, but in ep. 5, basically, her husband yongsoo (park jeongcheol) gets killed on his way back from a victory battle (i'm thinking mishil had something to do w/ it).. and at the funeral, mishil whispers to cheonmyeong 'flee! run from your destiny that is my last pity for you'.. so then cheonmyeong tells everyone she's leaving the palace to be a nun, but actually she is using that as a coverup as she instructs yongsoo's younger brother, yongchoon (who is btw kinda hot) to go and find moonoh who's been gone for the last 15 yrs.. so she can get him to help her reclaim power over the hwarangs and go against mishil. also, cheonmyeong tells yongchoon she's pregnant w/ yongsoo's child. then a year pass, and cheonmyeong's given birth to a boy she names him choonchook (he later becomes king) but mishil's lover seolwon finds out yongchoon's been looking for moonoh in secret so the mishil camp is onto something.. cheonmyeong leaves the temple to moonoh's hometown where he's been spotted but the place is a dangerous place commoned by war, so she leaves her baby w/ her maids and goes to find moonoh alone.

i pity the princess cheonmyeong ...being the one left behind .doesnt guarantee good fate .either

i really should try to wait for the subtitles..first before watching ! .

which one is the young choon ..did i see him in any of Luv captures.....lol`!!

Archived