[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

Guest tchq90

did that kiss in the above captures actually happen yet?

Who are those two that kissing each other???

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest groovier

i'm hoping he's gonna turn against mishil.. and be a goodie.

Then he performs a similar role as he did in Il Ji Mae last year?

Has any body read the script treatment or synopsis?

Edit: I'm digging into myself now, to bring out all the info I can find. :)

Guest dramaok

haven't been watching jamyeonggo either after an early quit.

didn't watch iljimae either. so dunno but in here, chilsook seems bothered by his 'baddie behavior' so i'm hopeful.

Guest yeohweping

http://www.mbc24tv.com/?document_srl=6811

Queen Seon-deok」Breaks through 20% ratings after just 3 episodes

200905191015211_4.JPG

- A steady increase in ratings from the first episode at 16%, second 16.6%, 3rd 21.3% (23.3%, Seoul) according to TNS Media Korea

- [Jewel in the Palace] third episode was 20.8%, [Ju-mong] was 21.8% and [Yi San] was 20.4%

MBC's 48th Anniversary commemorative drama 「Queen Seon-deok] (script by Kim Young-hyeon & Park Sang-yeon, directed by Park Hong-gyun & Kim Geun-hong) broke through 20% ratings after just three episodes.

According to TNS Media Korea, episode 3, which aired on June 1st, had the nationwide ratings of 21.3%, rising 4.7% higher than episode 2, and easily jumped into the twenties. The ratings in Seoul was even higher at 23.3%.

Both dramas that hit highs of over 50%, [Jewel in the Palace] in 2003 recorded 20.8% for its third episode and [Ju-mong] recorded 21.8%. According to this pattern 「Queen Seon-deok」 is well on its way to becoming a major hit historical period drama.

「Queen Seon-deok」 has a fast-paced story development as well as acclaimed acting from Go Hyeon-jeong and the other actors, captivating the audience from the very first episode. Each episode has been highly praised.

In episode three, So-hwa (Seo Young-hee) and young Deok-man (Nam Ji-hyeon) escaped the clutches of Mi-shil to end up in China. With Deok-man's appearance, people are looking forward to the unfolding plot.

Episode 4 will cover Deok-man's hardships in the desert.

20090603072404639.jpg

20090603080804.984.0.jpg

20090603080005970.jpg

20090603091606.891.0.jpg

20090603094107.163.0.jpg

Guest MisterBarca

- A steady increase in ratings from the first episode at 16%, second 16.6%, 3rd 21.3% (23.3%, Seoul) according to TNS Media Korea

- [Jewel in the Palace] third episode was 20.8%, [Ju-mong] was 21.8% and [Yi San] was 20.4%

MBC's 48th Anniversary commemorative drama 「Queen Seon-deok] (script by Kim Young-hyeon & Park Sang-yeon, directed by Park Hong-gyun & Kim Geun-hong) broke through 20% ratings after just three episodes.

According to TNS Media Korea, episode 3, which aired on June 1st, had the nationwide ratings of 21.3%, rising 4.7% higher than episode 2, and easily jumped into the twenties. The ratings in Seoul was even higher at 23.3%.

Both dramas that hit highs of over 50%, [Jewel in the Palace] in 2003 recorded 20.8% for its third episode and [Ju-mong] recorded 21.8%. According to this pattern 「Queen Seon-deok」 is well on its way to becoming a major hit historical period drama.

「Queen Seon-deok」 has a fast-paced story development as well as acclaimed acting from Go Hyeon-jeong and the other actors, captivating the audience from the very first episode. Each episode has been highly praised.

In episode three, So-hwa (Seo Young-hee) and young Deok-man (Nam Ji-hyeon) escaped the clutches of Mi-shil to end up in China. With Deok-man's appearance, people are looking forward to the unfolding plot.

Episode 4 will cover Deok-man's hardships in the desert.

That article is absolutely ridiculous. It seems to assume that "Queen Seondeok" will continue the upward trajectory that "Jewel in the Palace" and "Jumong" took. But there are many historical dramas that did as well or better early on but faltered soon after. Many dramas hit 20 percent by the 2nd week but few dramas end up hitting 50 percent.

Guest selvaspeedy

That article is absolutely ridiculous. It seems to assume that "Queen Seondeok" will continue the upward trajectory that "Jewel in the Palace" and "Jumong" took. But there are many historical dramas that did as well or better early on but faltered soon after. Many dramas hit 20 percent by the 2nd week but few dramas end up hitting 50 percent.
yeah I agree!

I think the people behind this drama are so sure it will be just like Jumong and Jewel in the Palace!! as much as I'm enjoying this drama, I don't want them to be this confident and sure it will do good in the ratings! lot of very well made dramas fell in the ratings! beside Empress Chun Chu's 1st episode scored 20% in ratings and the 2nd episode was even higher (24%), and now it's hovering at 15%!!! -_-

anyway, I'm not sure if anybody noticed this, but in the opening theme of QSD, there's a tiny glowing bird flying in the beginning forming the name Queen Seon Duk! it looks so similar to the bird that also flew in the opening theme of Jumong! but then that bird was significant to Jumong (the three legged bird which appeared in the prophecy in the early episodes), but what does this bird indicate here?! :huh:

(QSD opening theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aldNCKG45SE

I know it's a stupid observation, and I'm looking too much into things, but yeah lol :P

Guest groovier

56295124.jpg

Well, I don't think Chil Sook is the character who is going to turn against Mi Shil or turn toward Deok Man both historically and in terms of what will happen in this series. <_<

Later on he conspires to rise in revolt against both King Jin Pyeong and Princess Deok Man, but the rebellion is put down by Yoo Shin, Yong Choon, Bi Dam and other Hwa Rang; as a result, his whole family is exterminated with him. I won't tell more details :P

Guest yeohweping

The bird in the opening is a phoenix instead of the three-legged bird in Ju Mong.

The phoenix is a symbol of a great female/lady ruler who will live a 'great' life, just like male rulers who like are 'dragons'.

Guest conduongmuathu

Episode 4 Rating

* TNS

Nationwide: 1. 22.3%

Seoul: 1. 23.8%

* AGB

Nationwide: 2. 20.3%

Seoul: 2. 21.7%

anyway, I'm not sure if anybody noticed this, but in the opening theme of QSD, there's a tiny glowing bird flying in the beginning forming the name Queen Seon Duk! it looks so similar to the bird that also flew in the opening theme of Jumong! but then that bird was significant to Jumong (the three legged bird which appeared in the prophecy in the early episodes), but what does this bird indicate here?! :huh:

(QSD opening theme)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aldNCKG45SE

I know it's a stupid observation, and I'm looking too much into things, but yeah lol :P

The bird in the opening is a phoenix instead of the three-legged bird in Ju Mong.

The phoenix is a symbol of a great female/lady ruler who will live a 'great' life, just like male rulers who like are 'dragons'.

Yeah, yeohweping is right~

Pics to compare-

Queen Seon Deok

2lasdad.jpg

Jumong

idrptx.jpg

Guest tchq90

I think it is Princess Chun Myung and Kim Yong Soo.

They sure do not look like Park Ye Jin (Princess Chun Myung) and Park Jung Chul (Kim Yong Soo) -- probably their younger version.

Guest groovier

They sure do not look like Park Ye Jin (Princess Chun Myung) and Park Jung Chul (Kim Yong Soo) -- probably their younger version.

They are Shin Se Kyung & Park Jung Chul. :)

Guest luthien

i just watched the first episode (thanks to aja-aja and withs2). i'm really intrigued by Mi Shil's character.. most especially in her son's first appearance. She cried, then she said she has no use for him anymore.. the way she said it, they way she looked, it was so cold. same thing with her bringing the King his medicine aka the poison.. i'm confused. her switch is so quick that it really seems like a different person? I can't make her out. Which is why I'm anticipating the rest of the episodes. Plus, I love Jo Min Ki! Hope they don't kill him off too soon.

Guest MisterX

Plus, I love Jo Min Ki! Hope they don't kill him off too soon.

King Jinpyeong had a 53 year long reign, so I wouldn't worry about that.

2pr7ns1.jpg

첫 사극 '선덕여왕' 고현정 “악역, 솔직한 감정표현 좋아”

The first drama 'seondeok Queen' Ko "villain, a frank expression of feeling good" [2009-06-03 11:12:49] [2009-06-03 11:12:49]

배우 고현정이 처음으로 사극과 악역에 도전하는 소감을 밝혔다.

Ko, the first actor in the drama and the villain was expected to challenge.

3일 방송된 MBC '기분 좋은 날'에서는 드라마 '선덕여왕'에서 카리스마 넘치는 악녀 미실로 호평을 받고있는 고현정의 털털한 모습을 공개했다.

Aired three days MBC 'feel-good day in the drama' seondeok queen aknyeo in the charismatic and popular as a drink in the teolteolhan of Ko said.

고현정은 촬영장에서 남자출연자들을 휘어잡는 여장부의 매력을 마음껏 발산했다.

Ko man on the set of the performers enjoy the charm of an independent woman held emitting hwieojapneun said. 고현정이 맡

은 미실은 황후가 되려는 야심에 가득찬 희대의 요부로 후에 선덕여왕(이요원 분)과 대립구도를 형성해 불꽃튀는 대결을 펼칠 예정이다.

The case of the Empress Ko drink filled with ambition to be unique to the waist after seondeok queen (yiyowon minutes) and the confrontation between the composition of the plans bulkkottwi grow.

고현정은 극중에서뿐만 아니라 촬영 대기중에도 터프한 모습을 보이며 함께 촬영하는 남자 배우들을 꼼짝못하게 만들었다.

Ko geukjungeseoppunman of its tough, but during the shooting waiting to shoot with actors and made them throw down.

고현정은 첫 사극 도전에 대해 "사극도 처음이고 악역도 처음이다. 옷이 좀 불편하기는 하지만 나와 잘 맞는 것 같다. 나와 내 가족, 자식에 대해 솔직하게 감정 표현할 수 있어서 좋다"고 소감을 밝혔다.

Ko, the first drama about the challenge "is the first drama is the first villain. Clothes fit a little uncomfortable, but it seems to me. Me and my family, the child can express her feelings about the good," he said experience.

이어 고현정은 현대극과 사극을 비교하며 "현대극은 각자 차에 들어가 있고 그래서 배우들끼리 같이 얘기할 시간이 별로 없는데 사극은 스태프, 선배님들과 얘기할 수 있는 시간이 많아서 좋다"고 말했다.

Compare the Ko hyeondaegeuk and drama, and "hyeondaegeuk each actor in the car and so I do not have a lot of drama among the staff with time to talk about, you can talk to a lot of the time," he said.

한편 고현정은 동료 배우들과 장난을 치며 "미친거 아냐","어디서 착각질이야" 등 그녀의 평소 이미지와는 잘 맞지 않을 것 같은 말을 거침없이 내뱉어 모두를 놀라게 했다.

Meanwhile, fellow actors and to play chimyeo Ko "not crazy", "Where quality is an illusion," and she would not fit the usual image of the surprise was all the same thing naebaeteo green.

이언혁 leeuh@newsen.com

Guest nysophia_x_ii

em, question, does anyone know when park yejin and lee yowon are coming in? :) i'm sure somebody's mentioned it, but i don't want to search through 21 pages T.T

Archived