[Drama 2009] Queen Seon Deok 선덕여왕

Guest White Star

Guest eunji12

I'm a little confused b/c I haven't watched ep. 10 fully...is Seokpom on Mishil's side or the king's side??

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The maxim "divide and conquer" only applies when two opponents are both very strong. But that's not the case here. Yu-sin is just an unproven hwa-rang, and his hwa-rangs are ill-disciplined and largely incompetent.

As usual, us old folks agree! :D

We agree, too. Thank God for elderly Korean women! :lol:

Hmm.... disagree with that point. I think that maxim can apply to generally anything really... but also you can think of it this way:

Seolwol thinks that Yushin's dad is a strong opponent. And the best thing to do to strong opponents is to separate his resources and allies away from him during a decisive battle. And who is the best ally he has there? It's got to be his son (the same with seolwol and bojong). If he is separated from his resources and allies, the chances of him perishing in battle is higher.

To reiterate the other point, Seolwol of course doesn't count Deokman into his plans. Although if he knew that she was the chosen child, I think he would have probably taken her with him to storm the first castle and not let her leave his sight.

And in eps 11 I think we really see the influence Deokman has on the other hwarangs that causes this turnaround in the situation. If Deokman, for example, died early in the battle---most of the HYYD would have died + arlcheon too in the mud plains because Deokman was the only one who remembered the circular formation. Or if Deokman had died in the mud plains, then Yushin would have been killed by the surprise enemy soldier.

I'm a little confused b/c I haven't watched ep. 10 fully...is Seokpom on Mishil's side or the king's side??

Hmm.... I don't remember them making clear which of the hwarang groups (except for Bojong) is on Mishil's or the king's side....

I think in the beginning they all collectively hated HYYD because it was a wimpy group that got in just because the princess wanted them to be in.

I would say that Seokpom + Arlcheon are probably not high up Mishil's book of favourite people because they and HYYD were the hwarang groups chosen to storm Ah Mak, which we all know was basically a mission sending people to die...

I think all the people that Mishil + Seolwol would consider part of their important circle would be in the other group....

But that's just my theory :D

Guest emilita

wah...just finished watching it live...hehe...

finally deok man know that yejin is the princess...

been waiting for it..haha...

hopefully subs will be done soon....^_^

Guest dramaok

ok this drama has turned into a comedy show.

lee deokman's acting continues to be a distraction but it doesn't matter anymore.

the weird dialogues are totally taking over the show.

today's best moment = when hajong says 어머니 개키우세요? (is mother raising a dog?)

e12090630hdtvxvidentala.jpg

OMG fall off the chair it's hilarious but now i'm confused am i really watching a sageuk??

but hajong is so funny i can't watch the rest i only want to see him now. hahaha.

No Preview? Anyone got a link for the preview next week...

I don't think I could have written it any simpler for comprehension.

again, no preview of the next episode . . . wonder if it is because they have yet to finish filming/editing next week's episodes.

Guest hjkomo

We agree, too. Thank God for elderly Korean women! :lol:

야! Who you calling elderly??? My 98 year-old 할머니's elderly! :P

TETSUWANATOM'S HOPEFUL SCENARIO

***Sekret 3 leaders Hwarang meeting****

alcheon: OMG deokman's a girl!

seokpum: OMG I've been bullying a girl!

alcheon: hmm... this explains why she is so loud and keeps nagging me about my hwarang ethics...

yushin: T__T (inner dialogue: i'm so glad i'm not ghey!)

alcheon: must have been pms...

seokpum: How did she manage years of hiding her womanly bits!

yushin: *____*

LOL! :lol:

Ok... actually i am all for alcheon x deokman!! Ah yes, cute authoritative boys who can look so smex blowing horns.....

i think we've had too many scenes of yushin on a horse....... all the hwarang leaders should take turns getting horse-scenes and the next 5 eps should have alcheon riding horses ALL THE TIME. Yes.

and i agree put arlcheon on the horse too. shirt optional!

it may not be that shocxking when DM's gender is revealed i still think yooshin knows.

Alcheon moved up a few points :D...I'm curious, will he end up in QSD's camp? He seems like an honorable guy.

queenseonduke11kor09062o.jpgqueenseonduke11kor09062t.jpg

Although I haven't watched episode 11 as yet there are some people who wants Deokman's gender to be revealed and are calling Kim Yushin stupid for not knowing. Have you ever thought that maybe he does know but is pretending not to know?

Yes, that's exactly what we've been saying. His concern for DM is a bit too...everything.

My comment was facetious. KYS's a smart guy. He's got to know....

but then again, DM didn't know Cheonmyeong was the princess, so I guess anything goes. :rolleyes:

Haha...hjkomo, those days they can really bind them with layers and layers of cloth till they are totally flat but her looks???? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: It's so obvious. Let's hope he's hiding it, and not just plain dumb.

queenseonduke11kor09062.jpgqueenseonduke11kor09062.jpg

queenseonduke11kor09062.jpgqueenseonduke11kor09062i.jpg

Guest MisterBarca

He's one of Mi-sil's butt-boys.

lee deokman's acting continues to be a distraction but it doesn't matter anymore.

Indeed, you are so "distracted" that you don't even remember her name any more, LOL! :) In all seriousness, I see a pattern. Older, Korean-speaking viewers here seem to think Lee is doing a terrible job, and the younger, non-Korean speakers think she's the greatest thing since pre-marital sex.

야! Who you calling elderly??? My 98 year-old 할머니's elderly! :P

LOL! :lol:

You have a grandma almost 100? So you must be near hwan-gap yourself? Holy moly. You are FAR older than I've even dreamt of! :o

I apologize for all my impertinence thus far in the thread! :D

Alcheon moved up a few points :D...I'm curious, will he end up in QSD's camp? He seems like an honorable guy.

He will join with Kim Yu-sin. I am very impressed with his acting thus far, though it's a one-dimensional role he's had to play thus far. It's amazing that the guy doesn't even have an agent and had to do with a few second spots until he is 29! :o

He's one of Mi-sil's butt-boys.

He will join with Kim Yu-sin. I am very impressed with his acting thus far, though it's a one-dimensional role he's had to play thus far. It's amazing that the guy doesn't even have an agent and had to do with a few second spots until he is 29! :o

HE IS 29?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT HE WAS like... 25!!!!!!!!!!!

(*_____________*);;

Archived