[drama 2005] That Summer's Typhoon 그 여름의 태풍

Dabin9307

[sBS] Jung DaBin, Han Ye Seul
[sBS] Weekend Drama - That Summer's Typhoon 그 여름의 태풍 summer.jpg 那年夏天的颱風 ScreenHunter_039.jpgScreenHunter_040.jpg SBS Official Website : http://tv.sbs.co.kr/summer/index.html Aired Date : 28 May 2005 - 04 September 2005 (Every Saturday & Sunday) No of Episode : 30 Episodes Casting : Jung Da-Bin as KANG Soo-Min (강수민)) 320T6621_20050517101811.jpgHan Yea-Sil as HAN Eun-Bi (한은비)) summer_photo1_20050517101716.jpgLee Jae-Hwang as James HAN / HAN Jae-Hae (제임스 한 / 한지하)) 320T6143_20050517101854.jpgJung Chen asDirector KIM Han-Hee (김한희)) 320T5784_20050517101928.jpgNo Jun-Hun as HAN Kwang-Suk (한광석) summer_nojuhun.jpgLee Hyo-Chon as KANG Jung-Ok (강정옥) summer_leehyo.jpgJang Mi-He as Jung Mi-Lyung (정미령) summer_jangmihe.jpgSUH MinJung as JUNG YuRan (정유란) summer_minjung.jpgDO JuOun as HAN JiHoon (한지훈) summer_juoun.jpgPlot of the Drama Kang Soo-Min (Jung Dabin)'s parents divorced while she was still inside her mom's belly. She had never knew her father was a well-known movie director (Han Kwang-Suk) and her mom was a famous actress (Kang Jung-Ok). After her mom delivered her, she was sent to the village to live with her relatives. SooMin's father re-married another actress (Jung Mi-Lyung)and they had 2 children, a daughter -Han Eun-Bi (Han YeaSil) and a son - Han Ji-Hae 20 Years laters, the 2 half-sisters grow up and both were interested in the show business. Han Eun-Bi became a famous actress and SooMin was being employed to be EunBi's personal assistance...... The hidden secret in that summer typhoon were only knew by the previous generation, unfortunately, the secret could not be kept anymore....the secret beneath the veil was raised...what would happen to the 2 half-sisters??? synopsis_02.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kht2015

I am watching an English sub part of this drama. There's the part where Dabin's real dad was meeting with her adopted father/uncle at a bar. Her real dad was explaining about his family and I didn't get all the explanation about the 2 sons (?) he had? Did he and his 2nd wife have 2 sons? or did she have another son? I didn't get that part, or the part about why his oldest (?) son went to the US?

Also, the part where the director told her that he wants her to be his wife, what was his full explanation? Did he love her? Or he just wants her to marry him but he really loves her half sister, the actress?

If someone understood, please explain to me.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Choi Ji Woo

This new drama of Jung Da Bin seems intriguing..loved her acting in Attic Cat & My 19 Year Old Sister In Law..I hoped this drama will be aired in our country next year..we Filipinos miss Jung Da Bin on our TV sets!!

Guest h140450798

repost from SBS That Summer Typhoon website

summer21_002743115.jpg

summer21_002743116.jpg

summer21_002743117.jpg

summer21_002743118.jpg

summer21_002743119.jpg

summer20_002964932.jpg

smile.jpg

2005071921182423.jpg

Forgot who made lol, anyway all credits to creators!

150-1k.gif

s-h.gif

Haha, finally finished watching all episode, :o I think the ending is too rush, okay lol

• 1 month later...

Hi there - sorry for not making any contribution to here after creating this thread....I'm back and got to see some friends were helping out....OK....let's keep this thread growing and let more people know about this drama....it's very meaningful and worth watching. If you have questions about this drama, pls raise & i'll try my best to explain to you all.

These were done by the Korean fans @ SBS - so sad :tears::tears:

200511256273890.jpg

200511256273891.jpg

credits to violet98 uploading it

Guest chingyi

hi... I just saw this thread and read the summary.... It sounds interesting... and I saw the screencaps... Did JDB and her half brother fell in love with each other??

A story of competition between two half sisters. Kang Soo-min (Jung Da-bin) and Han Eun-bi (Han Ye-seul) both share the same father, but have different mothers. Both strive to become actresses. Eun-bi rises in the entertainment industry only because of her mother's name (a famous actress in the past), while Soo-min gives her all, striving to work her way up to become a great actress.

James Han (Lee Jae-hwang) is a Korean American working in the entertainment industry who finds himself drawn to Soo-min...

Kim Han Hee (Jung Chen) is a film director with new thoughts/ideas to bring into the Korea's entertainment industry. He also drawn to SooMin but on the other hand...EunBi falls to him.....

The 2 Half-Sisters, Kang SooMin and Han EunBi

151667_01.jpg

SooMin and her birth mom

320T6532_20050518160654.JPG

EunBi and her mom

320T6560_20050518160524.JPG

SooMin and EunBi's father with their mothers

320T6476_20050518160749.JPG

Little SooMin with her foster parents- they were SooMin mother's elder brother & in-law

hoon_2_20050517100615.jpg

The Four Main Leads

700-31_20050808183706.jpg

credit to SBS - Summer :)

While watching this drama, not many people supported or liked Director Kim HanHee except for me, at the start of this drama, I already found this guy is very special, full of talent & dreams in making his movies, he's mature & with a sense of humor but he's an idiot in expressing his love to SooMin....

Jung Chen may not look handsome at all but his acting was excellent and to my surprise, DB & Jung were so matching in this drama.

2005072201583017.jpg

credit to BaiDu - DB's Bar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I really like JDB since Attic Cat..I have been watch this drama for couple of times but am still like it..

I try to find about others JDB's drama and find this thread..

Anyway, Can anybody tell me if this drama got a happy ending or not?

Who JDB's character end up with at last?

Thanx alot for the infos

Archived