Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest apfelfreak

I love my DS ^^ before I bought mine, I hadn't had a handheld for a very long time. but being at the Games Convention last year and playing games on the DS there convinced me of buying one ^_^

it's really a luxury to play wherever you want... but I feel a little uncomfortable doing this when I'm out. That's why I play most of the time still at home. Or in the garden, that's nice too ^^

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest loO4la

i don't have my ds anymore.

anyone interested in buying my r4ds card? i'll also include a 1gb microsd!

$12.00 shipped!

interested? please pm me or check my bookstore (link below) for more info!

SOLD! B)

Currently playing Devil Survivor (by Atlus). It's a strategy RPG. The storyline is quite interesting. The premises is people are trapped in a district of Tokyo without electricity. There's more to it than meets the eye - demons are attacking people and to battle it, the main characters uses devices (which looks like a DS) to create contracts with demons and use them for battle.

The battling system isn't all that unique but I like "bidding" for demons and creating new ones. you can copy techniques to create whatever demons you want (I think you can even make a demon use an element that it's weak with). It's worth checking out. I like how fast the battles can be (well if you level up) with plenty times to save.

Unlike Knights in the Nightmare (a cool looking RPG also from Atlus) which takes me forever to finish a single play - heck 30-60mins into it and before I can get to a save point. Anyone playing that game? Does it get quicker? Or should I expect to play for a long time before I can save? It's very difficult (you have to dodge things, switch modes to use certain weapons). You have to be really engaged to play that one

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Clu3less

hmmm did anyone have a problem getting gardening mama to work? i downloaded it because i love cooking mama and read here that it was fun but it keeps saying that the save data could not be accessed. =/

i have a m3 ds simply, could that be the reason why?

Guest desk

Currently playing Devil Survivor (by Atlus). It's a strategy RPG. The storyline is quite interesting. The premises is people are trapped in a district of Tokyo without electricity. There's more to it than meets the eye - demons are attacking people and to battle it, the main characters uses devices (which looks like a DS) to create contracts with demons and use them for battle.

The battling system isn't all that unique but I like "bidding" for demons and creating new ones. you can copy techniques to create whatever demons you want (I think you can even make a demon use an element that it's weak with). It's worth checking out. I like how fast the battles can be (well if you level up) with plenty times to save.

Unlike Knights in the Nightmare (a cool looking RPG also from Atlus) which takes me forever to finish a single play - heck 30-60mins into it and before I can get to a save point. Anyone playing that game? Does it get quicker? Or should I expect to play for a long time before I can save? It's very difficult (you have to dodge things, switch modes to use certain weapons). You have to be really engaged to play that one

Devil Survivor is a great game. I haven't had a chance to play Knights in the Nightmare yet, but i hear it gets repetitive after the first 10 stages. I'll probably play it during my next plane flight which is next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WitchGoddess

can anyone recommend a simple game that I can play. Like totally uncomplex and anyone can pick up in a second. I hate rpg, because they take so much time and you have to read so much. I like games like ninja town, lego indiana jones, and diner dash

hmmm did anyone have a problem getting gardening mama to work? i downloaded it because i love cooking mama and read here that it was fun but it keeps saying that the save data could not be accessed. =/

i have a m3 ds simply, could that be the reason why?

i have the same exact card but gardening mama works on mine just fine. Have u tried updating the firmware for the m3? i remember alot of new games didnt work for me and i updated it and they all worked.

Guest stampy

Just finished playing Starfy! It's a fun, easy-going game. I call it "noob Kirby". The graphics are pretty good, and all the characters are friggin' adorable. There are ten worlds in total, and the similarities between this game and Kirby lie in the graphics, plot and the fact that Starfy can turn into animals, and use their special powers. I recommend. :)

Ooh! Rhythm Heaven is fun. But it's getting tricky. And like many other soompiers, I also love the Love Lab music lol!

Now I need another game to bide my time this summer.

Guest ERIxKAMEI

got my dsi a few days ago, i love it.

the camera is quite good too ^^ also, i bought three naruto (japanese version) games!

im so happy now ~

btw super new mario rocks lolz.

^ at least there's an official release date to look forward to now! =3!!! I can't wait. I love the AA series. They're probably my number 2 reason (after Dota XD) for not getting any sleep freshmen year of college. And it comes out right before my birthday! Perfect timing ;)!!!

Guest res0nate

SMTDS is the only DS game I'm playing at the moment; complete time killer before I go to bed or when I randomly wake up at 4am.

Looking forward to the next SMT installment

Guest amydien

Animal Crossing question:

How do you guys get turnips to sell? I just started playing the game and everytime I go to Nook's store, there's always this 'check turnip prices' (?) option....that means I can sell turnips, right? But I dont know how to get them....he doesnt even sell the seeds to it....and my trees all have pears only, aside from the usual flowers. :mellow:

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

Ace Attorney Investigation: Miles Edgeworth announced for February 16...... dang thats going to be a while dry.gif

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/07/23/ace-atto...-stateside-feb/

huh I saw something different on the Screenshots on that site :o

You can actually move the characters this time?

Or maybe I'm just outdated with this game??

I believe the latest was Apollo Justice right?

Guest Kazen88

Animal Crossing question:

How do you guys get turnips to sell? I just started playing the game and everytime I go to Nook's store, there's always this 'check turnip prices' (?) option....that means I can sell turnips, right? But I dont know how to get them....he doesnt even sell the seeds to it....and my trees all have pears only, aside from the usual flowers. :mellow:

On Sunday mornings there's a boar lady named Joan that comes to your town to sell turnips. Check a FAQ for the specific time. It's been a while since I've played that game. >.<

Guest Crispy

Is anyone excited for this game Scribblenauts i cant wait till its out =)

scibblenauts

YES. Been waiting for it since E3. =)

It's probably one of my most anticipated games of '09, which is saying alot for a DS game.

And Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. (<33)

And Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Guest marasshi

That Scribblenauts game seems so cute! I want to play it just so I can keep saying "Scribblenauts" LOL

Can anyone recommend more games like Tokimeki Memorial? I'm fine with Japanese games as long as there are walkthroughs.

Guest nabe8316

That Scribblenauts game seems so cute! I want to play it just so I can keep saying "Scribblenauts" LOL

Can anyone recommend more games like Tokimeki Memorial? I'm fine with Japanese games as long as there are walkthroughs.

Have you tried Love Revolution? It's otome game where you try to lose weight. There's also a Korean version too so you might want that version if you can read Korean.

Archived