Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^The R4 doesn't take SDHC cards... which I believe all micro sd cards over 2gb are.

I almost messed up on this too. 2GB micro SD is not SDHC although I've seen some 2GB micro sd labeled as SDHC as well. Make sure you get a non-SDHC "micro sd card" for your R4, and the max size for that is 2GB.

Guest Take Five

For those who've finished FFIV, is it just me or does it take forever to get a Rainbow Pudding from those jellies/flans? I know the drop rate for those are really low in the Antlion Cave. I guess I gotta go to The Moon.

yeah, i never got one at all in the antlion cave. i decided to just forget the whole namingway thing.

Guest amydien

Hopefully, I'll be able to enjoy Garden Mama more than cooking Mama.

Cooking Mama left me feeling hopeless with my cooking skills...lol.

I gave up on it after 1 week of "disaster! Dont worry, Mama will fix this!" :sweatingbullets:

Guest srenity

Can you guys suggest a good final fantasy title to play on the DS? I just got my DS, and wanna add it to my collection :phew:

FF4 for story and great music

FF Fables: Chocobo Tales for cute chocobo fun and minigames

FF Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates for those who are not patient to play through 20+hours to finish a FF series.

-my $.02 =]

first time poster here, I actually have a question, I reformatted my r4 and then got all my stuff back but now when I put new roms in my r4, a lot of the time it'll say something like, cannot access save data, please restart nds and reinsert card and even when I do that, it still says the same thing. I've tried redownloading the rom and putting it in again but it says the same thing, I've never had this problem till the reformat, is there anyway I can fix this? thank you (:

^ Maybe you have to update firmware? :/

I remembered something like that happened to me so I updated my firmware and it worked later. But be careful, if your R4 isn't a real one it would brick your DS now if you update it I think

^ thanks for the quick reply (: I'm thinking this will make me sound completely noob but do I just download the newest kernal? or something like that? I'm certain my r4 is real (I got it pretty early on) so I'm not worried about that

Guest ix3katz

^ yah just dl the newest kernel and replace your old one with it

then put your old games back on..it should work =0

if not..maybe reformat ur SD card...i duno.

Can you guys suggest a good final fantasy title to play on the DS? I just got my DS, and wanna add it to my collection :phew:

I'm playing FF XII: Revenant Wings. It's cutesy (she sticks her tongue out) and easy as pie. Every mission is flagged so you never have to wonder around, menu system is nice and simple. Not the best rpg I've ever played, I'd give it like 7.5/10. But it is fun.

^ Maybe you have to update firmware? :/

I remembered something like that happened to me so I updated my firmware and it worked later. But be careful, if your R4 isn't a real one it would brick your DS now if you update it I think

Do you know how to update the R4? I am on 1.18. Download the newest kernel? huhhhh ><

Guest Malice X Innocence

can anyone suggest certain DS games.... Right now i'm playing Castlevania OoE and Time Hollow xD. I need to build up my DS fun xD

Guest srenity

can anyone suggest certain DS games.... Right now i'm playing Castlevania OoE and Time Hollow xD. I need to build up my DS fun xD

Moar info plz.

Those two are very different games. If you give us what genre type that you like, we could give you a good list.

I guess you should play the other Castlevania series and Metroid series if you liked side-scrollers like OoE, and play Trace Memory and Phoenix Wright series if you liked puzzle/mystery like Time Hollow.

Guest NO NAME?

yeah, i never got one at all in the antlion cave. i decided to just forget the whole namingway thing.

Aww. Just a few hours ago, I finally got a Rainbow Tail at the Lunar Tunnel, but the gay thing is that the DS died on me. -_- All of the grinding and hours spent on The Moon and Antlion Cave went to waste. It also happened to me last night when I was fighting against Bahamut after going against those 3 Behemoths. Gah. At least, it wasn't that hard fighting against all four. I learned my lesson. I must charge the DS instantly when the light turns red.

FFIV for sure.

FFXII: Revenant Wings is alright. I know it's a strategy game, but it seems like no strategy is needed. I still need to play FFXII on the PS2.

How is FFIII? I heard that the story isn't so great. I'm still going to check it out though.

If you like puzzle games, then you should check out Professor Layton and the Curious Village. Some of the puzzles are difficult though. The sound + voice acting is amazing.

time hollow... clicking adventure game? hmm hotel dusk, phoenix wright (fosho), trace memory

I'm going away on holiday soon, and since I'm going to be going on tour on a bus I'm going to get bored T_T I need some suggestions on games I can download before I go xD

I like cute/rpg games, my favourites are

- Pokemon Diamond

- Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon

- Pokemon Ranger

- Cooking Mama

- Mario Kart

- Mario Party

- Taiko DS

- Pop Cutie

I don't like puzzle/brain teaser games

Guest NO NAME?

^ Oh yeah. That game is pretty fun.

I'm going away on holiday soon, and since I'm going to be going on tour on a bus I'm going to get bored T_T I need some suggestions on games I can download before I go xD

I like cute/rpg games, my favourites are

- Pokemon Diamond

- Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon

- Pokemon Ranger

- Cooking Mama

- Mario Kart

- Mario Party

- Taiko DS

- Pop Cutie

I don't like puzzle/brain teaser games

How about リズム天国ゴールド (Rhythm Tengoku Gold)?

Archived