Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest NO NAME?
is anyone going to buy the Dsi when it comes out?

also I need to rebuy myself a DS :D

I have to for my sister. I broke off the power switch on her DS. But she's been wanting a DSi for awhile now. It's all good :P

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sheyli
maaaannn.. a redesigned ds? i just bought my ds 2 weeks ago. WTH

I know rite? Haha I wouldn't buy them, kas nintendo just does that to get you buying more and throwing away your perfectly good old console.

Oh and btw anyone ever play Ace Attorney? Specifically Apollo Justice?

OMG i hekkuh recommend any Ace Attorney game. 8D

I was going to get pokemon platinum, but I'm too depressed since I lost my Pearl game...

Guest <3 Kim

Ahh the new DS comes out in 2-3 days

I want it but don't want a black or white one, I'll probably wait till more colours are released.

Don't knwo whether I should sell my DS lite or not X___X

I was going to buy Pokemon Platinum but realised I only play it for a while, then get bored of it then never touch it again. I haven't touched my Diamond in ages so I just downloaded it X__X

Guest kanyewong
I've been playing GTA: Chinatown Wars and Pokemon Platinum all weekend, LOL.

I fail at Pokemon. No patience to raise their levels up properly, haha. Too bad I have a Mac, can't use PokeSav. *sighs.

I know rite? Haha I wouldn't buy them, kas nintendo just does that to get you buying more and throwing away your perfectly good old console.

Oh and btw anyone ever play Ace Attorney? Specifically Apollo Justice?

OMG i hekkuh recommend any Ace Attorney game. 8D

I was going to get pokemon platinum, but I'm too depressed since I lost my Pearl game...

i played all 3 ace attorneys. :/ theyre fun the first time but after you play them again, it gets boring. borrow it from like a friend

Guest Berryz Fields

Not getting the DSi...yet...

Maybe when i have some leftover money.

I also don't like the launch colors [black and white] because i would like to have a pink one this time.

Guest BR1TT4NYy

^ the US launch colors are black and turquoise

japan was black and white, and soon to be lime green, hot pink, and midnight

Guest Berryz Fields

Hehe, i don't live in the US.

Europe is getting a black and white dsi release.

Guest <3 Kim

The hot pink one looks too bright for me X___X Hope they release a light pink one

The turquoise one looks pretty nice. Too bad in Australia they are only releasing black and white :/

Guest f_r_E_a_K

Do you think that the pink covers (the kind you can buy everywhere) for the DS would fit over the DSi?

I'm not digging the color selection of black and turquoise very much... :huh:

I know it's just for my aesthetic pleasure but spending $170 on an upgrade that isn't a lovely color will not suffice. :ph34r:

Guest Kazen88

^Since the DSi is slightly longer than the DS, odds are cases you can buy for the DSL aren't going to fit. You can always buy custom vinyl stickers to cover your DSi.

Can't wait until Sunday~

Its been a few days since I've had my DS Lite and I'm totally lovin' it. Below, I'll list some games I have and recommend. They aren't listed in any particular order.

1) Mario Kart DS

0201.jpg

I didn't understand the hype about Mario Kart at first and for awhile I was like, "Psh. Its just a racing game. What's so special about it?". I downloaded it and tried it out just to fulfill my curiosity and I got surprisingly pleased with it. Its a game that gets really really addicting the more you play with it. Its perfect for quick rides in the car, trips to the comfort room and if you've just got a little spare time to kill. People of all ages would love it. I tried having my 4 year old niece and my mom play with it and they both absolutely loved the game.

2) Nintendogs

0090.jpg

Who could resist such cuteness? You must have a stone for a heart!! This game is really too adorable for words. Basically, you'll have a virtual puppy to take care of. Cool thing is that you actually get to pet the dog and give him baths just like a regular living dog.

3) Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

0705.jpg

In this game, you're going to be Atty. Pheonix Wright. You'll be in trials and do all the shiz that lawyers do inside a court room. Unfortunately, there'd be no verbal debates involved but you'll be making the decisions that will make or break the case. There's case reports and evidences that'll aid you in proving your client not guilty. Overall, a fun game that can actually simulate reasoning and logic.

4) Cooking Mama

0719.jpg

You're going to do some virtual cooking in this game. Its perfect for little girls and aspiring cooks who wish to know the ingredients and procedures on how to do some major dishes etc.

5) Castlevania: Portraits of Ruin

0735.jpg

You're going to be playing as either Charlotte or Jonathan and kill the ghouls and monsters that roam around the castle. Yeah, its a pretty typical 2d game. If you're into those games, you might find this quite fun. You need to put a little more effort on strategy here though.

6) Elite Beat Agents

1213.jpg

Whacked rhythm game!! Haha! Its just pure fun. If you're feeling a little funky and fun, get it and it won't disappoint. What's more entertaining than watching yakuza/gangsta-lookin' boys dance to a fun pop music.

7) Professor Layton and the Curious Village

2002.jpg

Beautiful drawings and cool story. Its almost as if watching an animation movie. Gaming is also quite fun. You get to solve puzzles as you travel around time. Its kind of like a more elaborated logic examination. Try it out if you've got time to spare before your SAT's. It can actually help you.

8) Brain Age 2

1343.jpg

Speaking of things that'll help your brain, this is the perfect game for it. It won't make you smarter but it'll keep your brain fit. Help you be more responsive and sharp. It has Sudoku and lots of more stuff to satisfy the nerd within you.

9) Kirby Super Star

kirby_super_star_ultra.jpg

If you like Maplestory, you'd definitely love this one. It boasts of the same cute graphics. Its also kind of like Super Mario in a way. Its just that Kirby can actually fly and he makes Mario look like a coward cause instead of kicking things, he eats whatever monster comes in his way.

10) Trauma Center

DStraumacentreundertheknife_box.jpg

A very helpful medical simulation game for aspiring medical professionals. It isn't accurate but its fun enough to motivate you and help you remember super basic details etc. To those who aspires to become a surgeon out there, there's finally a game to release that frustration!

11) Tetris DS

0366.jpg

An old school game delivered to the 21st century. Its still the same old heavily addicting game we know with slightly improved graphics etc. This is great fun game to kill the time if you're sick of blowing people's heads off from your PSP or PC games.

12) Animal Crossing

0223.jpg

Still haven't played much with it but it seems interesting. I must say, the conversations to extract information from you are too intelligent. Just don't place anywhere as the location where you're going to just like I did. Everything may seem too funny.

13) The Sims 2

0313.jpg

Just like Animal Crossing, I haven't played much with it but its pretty interesting enough for me to keep.

14) Cars

0517.jpg

This game above is one of my favorite ones from the bunch. I didn't expect much from it thinking it might just be a half-assed effort just to promote the movie. But to my surprise, it actually is pretty good. Its just not racing and there's actually three different types of games to choose from.

15) Colors

2422.jpg

Colors is a homebrew application similar to the many photo-editing/paint programs out there. It lets you draw, paint and color. If you're an artistic folk, download this and let your artistic side out. Playing games can be a bit boring at times.

16) Touch Dictionary

0326.jpg

Its a Korean, Japanese to English dictionary and vice versa. This is one of the reasons why I love DS Lite. its totally hackable. Its like everything in one sexy gadget. Its very portable and very hackable.

17) DS Organize

Forgot to do a cover of it, but its basically an organizer. Store contact information, create to-do lists, use the calculator.. do them all here!

18) Dementium: The Ward

boxart_us_dementium-the-ward.jpg

Great horror game. Actually got me scared. Its got a very eerie atmosphere.

I have a problem with my R4... >_<

So I tried downloading new games, and it didn't work. Both windows became blank and it told me to take the game card out and try again.

So I tried downloading the new version of moonshell, but then it says "Extension memory not found"

Does anyone know a solution to this? Am I doing wrong? :/

Guest marasshi

I have a problem with my R4... >_<

So I tried downloading new games, and it didn't work. Both windows became blank and it told me to take the game card out and try again.

So I tried downloading the new version of moonshell, but then it says "Extension memory not found"

Does anyone know a solution to this? Am I doing wrong? :/

You have to download the firmware, not just moonshell. Moonshell is for media, not roms.

You have to download the firmware, not just moonshell. Moonshell is for media, not roms.

I know, and I even tried updating it, but the new games I download keeps on saying "Unable to read save data" when I try to start it on my DS. The old games work fine.

Guest justwildbeat

I know, and I even tried updating it, but the new games I download keeps on saying "Unable to read save data" when I try to start it on my DS. The old games work fine.

Ah for that problem you either need to find an already patched version of the game or patch it yourself.

Did you download the latest kernel? http://r4ds.cn/download/r4ds.html

If so, try formatting your card and starting from scratch.

---

Save all your games on to your computer, format your card, install the kernel, install moonshell, copy back your games on your card, and away you go. :)

Guest Kazen88

Is anyone planning to go to the DSi launch event in LA? I think I might go (although I didn't reserve a DSi there..). It sounds like a good excuse to chill in Hollywood with other DS owners.

Archived