Spoiler Changed

dot1q

The spoiler bb code has been changed so that the text is slightly visible. Still hard to read enough so that if someone doesn't want to read it, they can safely ignore the content and highlight as they used to do. This was changed due to increased abuse of the bb code.

this is an example

Guest asdfjkl;fdsajkl;

thank you!!! i was getting so pissed in the music forum cuz every single person was using spoilers for things that clearly didnt need spoiler tags. what a hassle it was to highlight box after box

Guest sakura_dubai

i would say the old one is better.. but then when you said " increased abuse of the bb code", i thought.. yea.. that can happen..!!!

now i understand that hehehe~ cause i was wondering what happened to the text...

umm... another prb is that some users use lots of spoliers tags.. even if there is no need for any.. In the drama forum.. of course we would talk about the dramas.. their ending..their stories..etc.. our opinions about specific scenes...etc So i still don't understand why ppl use sopiler code in that case.. i know some don't want to read them.. but in the end.. that what threads are all about.. am i right?

i don't use the spoiler tags myself.. so it won't matter much ... but i hope soompi's users will use it wisely :D

thank you!!! i was getting so pissed in the music forum cuz every single person was using spoilers for things that clearly didnt need spoiler tags. what a hassle it was to highlight box after box

We've been trying to get people stop abusing spoilers and the like in K-music, unfortunately it hasn't been easy since there are A LOT of people who do this -_-

• 2 weeks later...

i prefer the old one actually ^^;;

because I can read the new one w/o highlighting it >__<;

or maybe my eyes are too superb O__O;;

anyway, i don't mind cuz I didn't hang around K-Music much now. I usually go to fanfix sect and luckily I rarely found spoilers there ^__^v

and yes, I agree that LOTS of pple in K-Music abused it =3

Guest selvaspeedy

I don't hang out that much in the music thread... but why would they use the spoiler tags there :blink:

but we do use these tags a lot in the dramas thread... and I have to say that I prefer the old one... I can't even call this new one a spoiler tag, because it's totally obvious and I can read it just like the normal font o_O

I think warning those people who use these tags a lot would have been better... but anyway, that's my opinion.

thanks mods for your hard work :)

ah one last thing... I noticed some of the soompiers who are still using the spoiler thing, and it looks exactly like the old one :blink: I don't know how do they do that? :blink:

Guest orangeSHR00M

it sucks that people have been abusing it but the old spoiler tags were a lot more effective for... real spoilers.

i clicked on a thread in the anime/manga section and it didnt go to the first post, it was a post in the middle. i couldnt avert my eyes quickly enough and found out a character died ):

• 1 month later...
Guest onetwothuy

Ohhh, that's cool (:

Now I won't fall for the spoilers in people's signature that are like, "AHAHAHHAA, YOU JUST WASTED 15 SECONDS OF YOUR LIFE!" <_<

Guest xshoeee

^ ugh. I hated those.

But yeah, it's really cool now.

good so it won't scar kids for life, and goo so we don't waste time haha

• 1 month later...
Guest trangtwo

Oh ok, I totally understand why it changed for the music section, what with the abuse of it and all. But arghhh, it's still really frustrating for the threads in the dramas/movies section. I really have to scroll past every single "spoiler" post so I won't accidentally see a spoiler. Is there something that can be changed for that? Because when it comes to that section, actual spoilers should be...well...hidden -__- There have been a couple of times when I was reading someone's post and trying not to read the spoiler part but accidentally found out what was gonna happen. It's quite frustrating to say the least. Maybe...can there be two spoiler codes? One for the drama section and one for the music section? And whoever uses the wrong one for the respective section gets warned? Just throwing out a suggestion, sorry lol.

• 1 month later...
Guest selvaspeedy

I third trangtwo and JJ.exot5ia -_- those new spoilers ARE NOT helpful at all in the dramas' thread!!! let alone that they really hurt the eyes! at least we were able to highlight the whole old spoilers and read it without any troubles, but the new ones aren't. I'm starting to really hate the new spoilers and try, as much as possible, to avoid them cause they really hurt my eyes -_-

try reading this sentence in the spoiler font:

so he went to meet her but she refused, and then her brother came and stabbed him with a knife and killed him and she was screaming in horror! (lol I just made that up ^^ )

so as you can see, the actuall spoiler is totally visible, and imagine reading a whole page with this type of font (and this is what we have to do sometimes while discussing a drama, the whole page might look like that! we're not abusing the use of spoiler, but really all what we say is considered spoiler!!) ahh my sore eyes ^^

so yeah lol that's just my opinion mwah peace ^^

Archived