Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

On 3/4/2016 at 1:46 PM, Mwee said:

always wanted to ask, how do they communicated?  Can Liu Yifei speaks korean?

Hi Mwee, this is what I'm very curious, too - But, I guess they communicate in English because I read that she's fluent in speaking this language. SSH could understand a bit of it, though.....But, I hope their relationship could last long because communication is very important in a relationship to succeed. Well, when you're in-love, when we communicate, we can say a lot without speaking. There's only one thing for them to remember that they need to talk openly and be good listeners to each other. :P

21 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Mwee, this is what I'm very curious, too - But, I guess they communicate in English because I read that she's fluent in speaking this language. SSH could understand a bit of it, though.....But, I hope their relationship could last long because communication is very important in a relationship to succeed. Well, when you're in-love, when we communicate, we can say a lot without speaking. There's only one thing for them to remember that they need to talk openly and be good listeners to each other. :P

Hi Mwee & willenette. Liu Yi Fei once said that they communicate in English. But now, SSH speaks fluent Mandarin, much better than anyone on AugustMan Singapore magazine team. Do not know if Lyf can speak Korean

006h08y5jw1f1ii86p8j0j30f404lglq.jpg

006h08y5jw1f1ii87hho5j30dr04pq37.jpg

http://hktopten.blogspot.co.id/2016/03/20160309-mike-tyson-wins-macau-best-new.html

Macau International Film Festival

6a405626f194458aab00c2df671e1e9b.jpg

0309-00282-010b2.jpg?t=1457479066817

Song Seung Heon wins Asia Performing Art Outstanding Contribution Award

Song Seung-heon was interviewed on the red carpet. He said that lately the Chinese film MONSTER HUNT has caught his attention. Currently dating Mainland star Liu Yifei, when asked about any wedding plan he replied in Putonghua, "Thank you!"

Liu Yifei looks lovely in Harper’s Bazaar

Posted on March 7, 2016 by admin in HALLYU/K-CULTUREK-EntertainmentK-FASHIONK-STYLE with 0 Comments

Chinese actress Liu Yifei, who is Korean actor Song Seung-heon’s girlfriend, made the cover ofHarper’s Bazaar China’s April edition.

In the cover, Liu has her thick voluminous wavy hair down and dons a violet-colored open shoulder dress, looking both sexy and elegant.

Liu Yifei (Harper’s Bazaar)

Liu first met Song while starring with him in the Chinese romantic film “The Third Way of Love” last year. They began dating after they finished shooting the film.

Sung-mi Ahn
The Korea Herald

http://kpopbuddy.com/2016/03/07/liu-yifei-looks-lovely-in-harpers-bazaar/

2 hours ago, Mari95 said:

Hi Mwee & willenette. Liu Yi Fei once said that they communicate in English. But now, SSH speaks fluent Mandarin, much better than anyone on AugustMan Singapore magazine team. Do not know if Lyf can speak Korean

Hi Mari, thanks for sharing this info - :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mari95 said:

006h08y5jw1f1ii86p8j0j30f404lglq.jpg

006h08y5jw1f1ii87hho5j30dr04pq37.jpg

Thanks Mari95!!! Hope their relationship deepens and grow.  

• Like 1

[V Report Plus] G-Dragon, Park Bo-gum, Girls’ Generation and Song Joong-ki picked as style icons

Style Icon Asia, or SIA, officially announced its list of top ten Style Icon celebrities on Saturday.

The list includes Big Bang’s leader G-Dragon, Girls’ Generation, actors Park Bo-gum, Song Seung-heon, Song Joong-ki, Yoo Ah-in, Lee Jung-jae, actresses Lee Honey and Ha Ji-won, as well as Chinese singer-actor Li Yi Feng.

The stars were chosen through a survey by sponsoring company CJ E&M via SIA’s official website and Chinese internet service portal Tencent from Jan. 29 to Mar. 3.

To choose the top ten list, the organizers looked at social media, evaluations by judges and online votes across countries including China, Vietnam, the U.S. and Japan.

Those who made the list will appear in this year’s “SIA Show” at 8 p.m. on Wednesday at Dongdaemun Design Plaza in Seoul.

Super Junior’s Lee Teuk, singer-song writer Eric Nam and fashion designer Hwang Jae-keun will host the red carpet ceremony, titled the “Pink Carpet,” which starts at 6:40 p.m.

It will go live both on TV and online including Naver’s V app.

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

By Kim Soo-hyang (shkim@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 1

Liu Yi Fei attended Dior Couture Fashion show at Musee Rodin on January 25th, 2016

a7b529976d019bf45652466705918c59.jpg

SSH attended Paris Fashion Show on January 24th, 2015

0.jpg

Liu Yi Fei is the first ambassador for Dior Prestige skincare in China

http://www.dior.com/diormag/en_hk/article/eva-herzigova’s-footsteps

symposiumtokyo2015_liu_visual.jpg?itok=Q

As we informed you a few weeks ago, the talented Chinese actress Liu Yifei is the new ambassador for Dior Prestige skincare in China. In Tokyo for the symposium organized by the House, she welcomes us, sublime in a Dior dress, for an exclusive interview in her hotel suite at the top of a skyscraper, with a breathtaking view over Tokyo Bay.  

DIORMAG: You have been ambassador of Dior Prestige skincare for greater China for several weeks now. What is Dior beauty for you?

Liu Yifei: Dior encourages women to be themselves. It's not about a type of beauty, but more an attitude, to be brave, to break the rules. It's an inner feeling: a woman who is happy and full of love will look more beautiful.

DM: What appealed to you about Dior Prestige skincare?

L.Y.: The rose de Granville, which is the major ingredient of the skincare line. It maintains youth and makes the skin glow. It visibly shows when you apply it, it's impressive.

DM: As an actress, do you set yourself particularly high standards when looking after your skin?

L.Y.: My skincare routine is not that complicated - just some toner, cream and sunscreen. For me it's very simple: I chose a product that makes me feel secure and on which I can rely. I like that Dior Prestige combines natural elements with cutting-edge technologies. It's a gift from nature and I trust it.

DM: Which icons of cinema do you find inspiring? 

L.Y.: There are a lot actually! In the old days Audrey Hepburn. And from now I like Natalie Portman the face of Miss Dior perfume for the past five years;her performance in Black Swan was brilliant.

DM: On the screen, you have performed as much in contemporary love stories as in action movies set in ancient China, you have played fighters, a modern lawyer... How do you choose your roles?

L.Y.:I love playing extreme roles. But I think in every role there is space for you to create.

Dior-PoisonGirl-LiuYifei-682x1024.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mari95 said:

Song Seung Heon and Liu Yi Fei were wearing Dior 2016 

Song Seung Heon Fan Pages Indonesia's photo.
Song Seung Heon Fan Pages Indonesia's photo.

@willenette

It reminds me of when SSH wearing a white shirt with black cat pictures of the collection of D & G while attending Huayi night in Shanghai last year.
I thought the shirt was from LYF because she likes cats.
And this time I also think SSH Dior is also from LYF

18 hours ago, Mari95 said:

@willenette

It reminds me of when SSH wearing a white shirt with black cat pictures of the collection of D & G while attending Huayi night in Shanghai last year.
I thought the shirt was from LYF because she likes cats.
And this time I also think SSH Dior is also from LYF

Hi Mari, thanks for sharing the photos. I remember that - hahaha :P

Song Seung-Heon, chosen as SIA 2016 Style icon

17124_1.jpg

Actor Song Seung-Heon was chosen as they style icon of 'SIA Style Icon Asia.'

'SIA Style Icon Asia' was held at Seoul Dongdaemun Design Plaza on March 15th.

This day, actor Song Seung-Heon said, "Thank you for inviting me to such great stage. I could not work a lot in Korea last year and this year. I am trying hard in 'Saimdang."

[Photo=Newsis]

source : Innolife.co.kr

• Like 1

Hong Kong, China Trio Seek Stock Market Explosion With ShiFang Investment

Hong Kong, China Trio Seek Stock
PRNEWSFOTO/SHANGHAI KUAILU INVESTMENT GROUP

Three old-guard filmmakers from Hong Kong and China have given themselves a new stock market-listed vehicle with which they plan to ride the bubble in Chinese entertainment investment.

China’s Shi Jianxing has teamed with Hong Kong’s Ng See Yuen and Tsui Siuming (aka Hsu Hsiao-ming) to take control of money-losing shell company ShiFang Holding.

The Hong Kong-listed company is planning to reverse itself into Shanghai Hehe Film, a company which owns 55% of the net theatrical revenues in mainland Chinese from martial arts sequel “Ip Man 3.” The film starring Donnie Yen and Mike Tyson was released in Hong Kong shortly before Christmas and scored a stellar HK$60.5 million (US$7.84 million).

The old ShiFang was a bombed-out newspaper and magazine publisher that had struggled to shift to an online business model. In the first half of 2015 the company lost HK$55 million (US$7.10 million) on revenues of HK$41.7 million (US$5.38 million).

Despite a Jan. 8 profits warning and ahead of the release of “Ip Man 3” in China – the film hits mainland screens this week (March 4, 2016) — the trio have been quick to give themselves handsome pay packets and substantial paper profits.

Tsui, a director, producer and former TV executive, joined ShiFang in December 2015 and became CEO on Jan. 26 with a HK$3 million (US$387,000) salary. Shi, producer of the upcoming Bruce Willis-starring “The Bombing,” and chairman of the Shanghai Kualiu Investment Group, has become chairman and executive director of the company. His three-year contract gives him HK$4.8 million (US$620,000) annually. Ng, a veteran producer and exhibitor, whose other business interests have straddled Hong Kong and Cantonese-speaking parts of Southern China, is designated as a non-executive director with a stipend of HK$360,000 (US$46,400).

The company has announced two share subscriptions, one of which sees Shi pay HK$128 million (US$16.5 million) for 160 million shares (15.9%) of the company at HK$0.8 per share. That is a very substantial discount to the HK$3.71 at which the shares stood at the close of business on Tuesday.

In a press statement the company Tuesday boasted: “The performance in the stock market demonstrates the faith of investors in the new business model and their upbeat prognosis for the company’s future.” The company has a market capitalization of HK$3.83 billion (US$494 million), and Shi’s entire stake (187 million shares) is now worth HK$693 million (US$89.4 million).

ShiFang says it has a new film business model that will see it involved in investment and distribution – yet already it is planning a diversification that is at first glance tangential to its stated business plan.

“The company plans to combine filmmaking with online and appropriate financial backing in a move to open up more opportunities in mainland China, now the second largest market worldwide in terms box office revenues. … the company will invest in excellent screenplays as they are regarded as the most productive force in the film market. Lastly, the company intends to add financial support to the traditional distribution of films and leverage online big data as a strategy to enhance the precision in terms of the targeting of film distribution with the expectation of doubling the box office receipts of the films it produces.”

On Feb. 23 it announced plans to buy a 15% stake in a privately owned securities company with 20 branch offices in Southern China offering “customized and integrated financial consulting services.” ShiFang says the company, which has no English name, now has a valuation of HK$2 billion (US$258 million), implying a HK$300 million (US$38.7 million) cost to ShiFang.

ShiFang says the businesses are complimentary. “The target company proposes the idea of ‘Internet + film and television + finance,’ which turns some of its financial products into a form of consumer product for film distribution by incorporating the function of film ticket redemption with investment,” ShiFang said in a regulatory filing.

Shell companies have been a popular route for mainland and Chinese entertainment companies to list on the stock market at a time when the mainland IPO market has been crimped by regulatory rulings and massive equity market turbulence.

Others that have chosen this route include Alibaba Pictures Group, which was created from ChinaVision, and Jiuhao, a shell that recently enjoyed investments from Tencent, Alibaba and Huayi Brothers.

The incentive to list is huge given the stratospheric valuations still applied to entertainment stocks in China, even after last year’s China share market crash. Earlier this week exhibition chain Wanda Cinema Line unveiled profits of RMB1.18 billion ($180 million), and is valued at RMB94.3 (US$14.5 billion) — a historical price to earnings ratio of 80 times.

And with 2015 theatrical grosses up by 48% at the mainland Chinese box office and growth still happening this year, the flow of investors – large and small – is unlikely to dry up soon.

The risk factors are clear. “3D epic war blockbuster movie ‘The Bombing’ calls for RMB700 million (US$107 million) in funding, RMB500 million (US$76.3 million) of which is already in place, representing the biggest investment to date in a Chinese-language 3D film. Given the huge investment and the impossibility in predicting the resulting income, all eyes will be on Shi’s efforts to apply the financial management model behind ‘Ip Man 3’ into ‘The Bombing,’ ” ShiFang said in a statement.

“The Bombing,” which stars Bruce Willis, Adrien Brody, Liu Ye, Fan Bingbing, Song Seung Heon, William Chan, Nicholas Tse, Chen Daoming and Liu Xiaoqing, is currently in post-production ahead of a late 2016 release. South Korea-based Macrograph is delivering the special effects, Technicolor USA is handling sound effects and dubbing, and U.S.-based post-production firm Company 3 is handling post lighting design.

http://variety.com/2016/biz/asia/stock-market-bombing-with-shifang-1201719390/

• 2 weeks later...

[Cine feature] New Platforms and new sources for new Korean cinema ① : IPTV

145842653159_20160321.PNG

Dreaming of the second rise of the ancillary market

For some time, the ancillary market was a declining industry compared to the considerable scale of the Korean film exhibition market and its average of four admissions per person. However, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) not only revived the almost dead ancillary market, but also presented the Korean film industry with a new source of revenue, in addition to what it’s earning from ticket sales in theaters. If the previous ancillary revenue stream relied on theatrical release-to-video/DVD releases, this role has now been taken over by IPTV.

In 2015, subscribers for IPTV services such as olleh TV, SK B tv and LG U+ tv reached the 12 million mark. This means that with a population of 50 million, and setting the average at two persons per household, at least half of the South Korean population is subscribing to IPTV services.

With a rapidly increasing subscription rate, the IPTV market is continuing to expand. This enabled the IPTV market to move beyond its reputation as merely a VOD platform for the local media industry, and acquire as much power as TV and film theaters. IPTV is no longer just a simple ancillary market, but a platform that is just as influential as film theaters.

IPTV, becoming the next first-run theater

The number of film titles on offer differs from service to service, but most of the theatrical titles released within a year can be seen on almost every IPTV service. The status of IPTV within the Korean film industry can be seen through how fast first-run features reach IPTV. It normally takes about two months for a box office hit to reach TV.

Last year, two 10 million admissions hits, Assassination and Veteran, became available on IPTV two months after their first-run releases in theaters. Another early 2015 hit, Detective K : Secret of the Lost Island, took two months to become available in a home theater setting. The Throne began screening a month and a half later, while the 6.12 million admissions hit, Kingsman: The Secret Service, debuted on IPTV after two and a half months. But now it’s taking even less time for first-run releases to reach IPTV. Last November’s 5.4 million admissions hit The Priests started IPTV services after just one month. Such high-profile films quickly run up 100,000 hits as soon as services start. As for less fortunate films at the box office, the transition to IPTV is even faster than the average rate.

For a film to be playing both in theater and on IPTV at the same time has become a new game-changing strategy with the help of this new platform. Small-scale films such as the Korea-Japan co-production, A Midsummer’s Fantasia, which had healthy ticket sales, and Alice In Earnestland, in which female lead Lee Jung-hyun was singled out for an outstanding performance, often choose this double-exhibition screening for strategic reasons.

This ‘double-screening’ service is not just limited to these 'diversity films’, but also star-driven commercial films including Wonderful Nightmare, THE ACCIDENTAL DETECTIVE, The Phone, THE SOUND OF A FLOWER and The Beauty Inside. The romantic comedy Wonderful Nightmare, starring Korean Wave star Song Seung-heon, became available on both services one month after its heatrical release to attract more viewers in the home theater market. It ended up being the top-ranked film for four consecutive weeks. Certain films choose to have their first-run release on IPTV. Dream House, starring Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz, Magic Mike XXL with Channing Tatum, and trendy Chinese drama, American Dreams in China are just some.

Films welcomed by IPTV

Looking at the IPTV service VOD rankings, there seem to be certain types of films that do well on the platform. First are the box office hits that have already proven their value in theaters. These films immediately hit the No. 1 ranking as soon as they become available, such as Ode to My Father, Assassination and Veteran.

Then there are films that have stronger performances on IPTV than in theaters which are R-rated films and G-rated films such as animation or family films. The Treacherous, which attracted attention with its provocative sex scenes, immediately grabbed the No. 1 place in VOD rankings and continued to increase as soon as it began screening. Empire of Lust and Love Clinic were also R-rated films that displayed strong viewing patterns.

Children’s films are also part of a genre that cashes in more money through IPTV than in theaters as they offer parents unable to visit theaters with their children a worry-free viewing environment. These films are especially popular during the school vacation seasons. Last August, releases such as Despicable Me 2, Pixels and You Are So Yummy - Happy to Be with You, and winter vacation releases of January such as Pororo3 : Cyber Space Adventure and Minions were titles that ranked at the top during the month of their releases on IPTV. Accordingly, there has lately been an increasing number of erotic films and family films being made exclusively for IPTV.

145842653140_20160321.PNG

The future of the ancillary market

With the popularization of IPTV, the ancillary market which used to be considered a weak spot in the Korean film industry, has entered a new phase. Each film has its own profit sharing structure, but the fact that IPTV is a legitimate distribution channel that has the second largest audience base, after theaters, makes it a relatively stable source of revenue.

If DVDs display their strength in the value of possession, IPTV sets itself apart with its value in fast and comfortable access. Lately, IPTV services are attempting to find new ways to overcome their limitations by providing filmmaking documentaries and special video supplements that are usually included in DVD packages and film downloading for the purpose of ownership. The change of lifestyle which has led to the common use of smartphones and tablet PCs is giving more power to IPTV.

By securing its place as a main platform for films, change is taking place in the IPTV market: the world’s largest provider of on-demand Internet streaming media, Netflix joined the Korean market this January on the 7th. A flat rate fee service, Netflix provides media services for any form of device, such as TV, mobile phone, PC and tablets, that can be connected to the Internet. With its enormous media library befitting its nickname ‘contents dinosaur’, the local IPTV industry is keeping a watchful eye on Netflix.

But for the time being, the IPTV industry’s predictions are that no immediate change will occur because local IPTVs are already providing mobile viewing services as well. Thus, the quality and quantity of content will be the key.

By Ha Jung-min, Cine21 reporter

Globalizing Korean history archives

By Kwon Mee-yoo

Nestled at the foot of Cheonggye Mountain in Seongnam, Gyeonggi Province, the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS) is a repository of Korean studies resources with over 170,000 pieces in its collection handed down from Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910).

Lee Bae-yong, the 16th president of the AKS, is taking her best shot at rediscovering stories from the archive and publicizing its contents.

Lee is a historian who majored in Korean history and served as president of Ewha Womans University and the Presidential Council on Nation Branding before taking the AKS post in 2013.

"I feel like I am at the place where I am supposed to be," Lee said during an interview with The Korea Times on March 10.

The AKS consists of the Graduate School of Korean Studies, the Jangseogak Archive and various research centers centering on Korean studies. The Jangseogak Archive is a royal library of Joseon, launched by its 26th and final ruler, King Gojong. The royal collection of books and documents was transferred to the AKS in 1981.

"Without good storytelling, the records from Jangseogak are just ornamental old books. We have to derive stories from the archive and interact with them so not only researchers but all Korean people can know their history," Lee said.

"Jijeongjogyeok" is the legal code of Chinese Yuan Dynasty which influenced the laws of the late Goryeo Kingdom and the early Joseon Kingdom. The only copy of the code in Korea is stored at the Jangseogak Archives.

"
Jangseogak resonates with the essence of archival culture. During Joseon, the archival officers wrote down not just what the king did, but also a lot about life. The National Archives of Korea can learn from Jangseogak when deciding on what to record in our history," Lee said.

One thing Lee discovered from the enormous archives of Jangseogak is Gunyeong Deungrok, which documents some 300 years of military life in late Joseon. The AKS is currently promoting it to be added to UNESCO's Memory of the World Register.

"Gunyeong Deungrok is the history of sincerity and industriousness, written over 300 years. It contains orders from the king and commanders as well as lives of low-ranking soldiers and records of Westerners Hendrick Hamel and Jan Janse de Weltevree," Lee said. "It is the spiritual roots of Koreans. Nowadays people only type on a keyboard, instead of leaving analog records. In this era of technology, there are things to be recorded and documented by hand."

Novels written in Korean alphabet Hangeul during Joseon Kingdom are part of the Jangseogak collection

Promoting Korean studies overseas

The graduate school of AKS is popular among those who want to pursue Korean studies seriously. Currently, about 130 of the 290 graduate students are from overseas.

"We require all students to acquire Korean language before entering the school. The characteristics of language are important in Korean studies and they must speak Korean in order to study," Lee said.

The AKS also endeavors to promote Korean studies overseas. The project ranges from hosting symposiums on Korean studies to correcting erroneous information about Korea in foreign textbooks.

"We consider Korean studies scholars as colleagues and want to share our contents with them so they can research further," Lee said.

As part of its efforts, the AKS published sourcebooks on modern Korean history last month. Four volumes covering the Saemaul Movement and history of education, labor and family were first published to provide better primary resources.

The academy also plans to publish English editions of the series on Korea's 70-year history since its independence from Japanese occupation (1910-45).

Future of tradition

Lee believes that in this era of cultural enrichment, the future lies in tradition.

"The material from Jangseogak has both specialty and popularity. It should be something researchers and ordinary people and Koreans and foreigners can share," Lee said. "Hallyu is not something grand. It starts from Koreans communicating with the world with our own history."

Lee said the Jangseogak Archive can also be a great source for epic dramas, which are extremely popular both domestically and overseas.

"Most Korean historical dramas are 80 percent fiction and only 20 percent fact. Current trends twist historical facts for the sake of entertainment and it could be dangerous if people start to think they know the history only after watching the dramas," Lee said. "If the AKS researchers translate Korean classics and historical documents into modern Hangeul, it could provide good sources for television producers who seek new stories. The AKS could bridge the enormous archive and those who could make use of its historical stories."

Lee is behind the upcoming drama "Saimdang, the Herstory," starring Lee Young-ae and Song Seung-hun. "When PyeongChang was selected for the venue for the 2018 Winter Olympics, I thought an epic drama set in the region could boost interest and tourism in PyeongChang," she said. "Shin Saimdang (1504-1551), an artist, poet and mother of Confucian scholar Yi I, was born and lived in Gangneung, a coastal city near PyeongChang, the perfect choice. I gave books and information on Shin to the writer myself."

For producers looking for their next hit, Lee suggested digging up the first female doctor of Korea ― Esther Park. "She is the first Korean woman to receive a degree in Western medicine in 1900 and played a significant role in the modern history of medicine in Korea, saving the lives of women who could not show their bodies to male doctors. She died of tuberculosis at the age of 33," Lee said. "Her medical practice and benevolent spirit shone as Korea went through modernization. Wouldn't it be interesting to see her story adapted to the screen?"

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/03/148_200916.html