Professional Business Attire

baoi

for interviews
I am in dying need of you fashionista's help!!!

I will be interviewing for jobs, like seriously PROFESSSSSIONAL stuff.

Working with the Defense Intelligence Agencies in DC and large corporate

stuff.. I need a new wardrobe that will give them a GOOD impression of me.

I am short and kinda stubby, but can fit into most things.. I'm looking for these

kinds of things:

Pencil Skirt

Shirts

Shoes (flats and heels)

Professional looking bags

What stores are good? I regularly shop at Gap, J-Crew, and Club Monaco.

That's like my style range for business. I don't like Forever 21, but am willing

to enter and see what's in it.

I don't like lower-end stuff, but wouldn't mind it since i'm in a budget crisis, just like

Wall Street (haha, Business joke). Anyways, I am willing to purchase items that are

in the $100 range, yes, ONE HUNDRED PER ITEM range because it's an investment

i'm willing to take.

PLEASE HELP ME!! I am in need of your love and help1!

Guest mmjess

i can't really give you specific store names/collections where you can grab your entire wardrobe, but i did find this thread on soompi that may possibly help. :P

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=235772

One thread said TJMaxx & Marshall's is a good place to look at. Personally though I think you should invest in a good, comfortable pair of pumps. We only have one Forever21 in Toronto here and it's all the way downtown - and when you do walk in, it's a tiny store with nothing much to look at. :/ I'm pretty sure you guys have better stores in the states though, so try looking for some pretty blouses/pencil skirts there, or at H&M? Gap, Banana Republic, and Club Monaco do come to mind too but you already mentioned that you shop at 2 out of the 3. As for bags, I'm not too much of a bag fanatic and since you said you were willing to spend ~$100, I'm sure you could find pretty nice leather/faux leather bags somewhere in any typical mall.

Have fun/good luck with your job!

wow...that sounds like a really fun job! good luck with it ^^

hmm....some stores I would recommend are Harold's, Ann Taylor, Express, or Dillard's (for shoes). Harold's and Ann Taylor may seem a little too old (aka ahjuhma style) but if you're looking for some really quality looking and nicely tailored outfits, it's a place you should check out. Express' business attire is sometimes a bit too dramatic for the more conservative work environment, but their editor pants I've heard are really nice. Although the regular price the clothes are a bit pricey, but you can find some good business stuff on sale (with all the consumers tightening their belts and stuff ya know ;)) Hope that helps!

Guest sushiwhore

try express and ann taylor for some professional wear.. invest in a nice pair of plain leather black pumps with a low heel .. those will be your staple shoes O_O

Guest huongface

the limited, new york and company (always has great sales), nordstroms....

cheaper end: H&M

bebe is probably too fancy for a professional job unless you're in fashion of some sort.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Guest chloe_addict

If you're going for a classic, timeless and mature (not old) look, then shop at these stores:

Bloomingdales - always has great stuff

BCBG - has beautiful (and soft) shirts

J.Crew - has great shoes, especially colorful flats

Club Monaco - for that perfect white buttoned down shirt

Ann Taylor - surprisingly has great pants that "flows", colorful scarves, low heels

Banana Republic

These stores are more hit or miss for business attire. Sometimes you'll find that one great piece but it takes more searching.

H&M

Express - The pants are designed to be more form fitting and snug so it may not be as professional looking. It would be fine for a college interview.

Bebe- Again, designed to be form fitting. Depends on what look you're going for. Maybe for accessories to make the outfit "pop" but otherwise...

The Limited- the quality isn't that great. After a few washes, the clothes had those fluff balls.

Archived