Kim Rae Won 김래원 ❤ Ardent Actor ❤ Shining Star

ploy1234

:glasses:

wOw... this one worths a keep ~~~:wub:

a Chinese fan just got it -----  KEJ, a Korean Wave mainstream magazine in Japan  ~~  myAvatar_17002243_2.gif 

KEJ October issue feat. キム・レウォン Kim Rae Won

Is there a translation already?   wondering if there is any new from that earlier interview article in Korean ?? :rolleyes:

DOgpLJM.jpg

8pUmQmy.jpg

mz7caT4.jpg

bg7GkpK.jpg

hVUhZ3U.jpg

45vbWpP.jpg

cr: yayaya3099 /baidu KRW

• Like 2

1 minute ago, berries812 said:

aw.... a Chinese fan just got it -----  KEJ, a Korean Wave mainstream magazine in Japan  ~~  myAvatar_17002243_2.gif

KEJ October issue feat. キム・レウォン Kim Rae Won

wow , lucky fan ...and so sweet from her to share this with us . :D

and also you to bring this on the topic .

Our Prince looks amazing :D

HM , MAYBE WE WILL FIND THE TRANSLATION SOON . PRAY

• Like 2

Translation by Janeiro:

KRW, the hero of the drama ‘WSAYF’, appears in KBS 2TV ‘Photo Documentary’ and shows his true color as the No.1 groom candidate on the 9th.

He tells his personal story when he used to play basketball in middle school days, and his old friends and basketball coach talk about him, as an ordinary person KRW, not an actor KRW.

In particular, Yoon So-yee, his ex co-star, says, “KRW is the No.1 groom candidate in Korea.” revealing that KRW is a very good cook as well as an amazing househusband. Also, the program shows true KRW who enjoys an aesthetic appreciation of slowness by fishing and gardening.

Furthermore, Choi Jin-won, the director of the movie ‘Mr. Socrates’ and Pyo Min-soo, the drama ‘WSAYF’, remark that he is such a hardworking actor.

Moreover, Cho Jae Hyun comments, “I was envious of his strong body.” The designer Andre Kim praises, “I was surprised at his fantastic English pronunciation .” Shin Hyun Joon says, “KRW is an actor who keeps bugging a director.” And Park Yong Jae, the chief of the newspaper ‘Sports Chosun’, Min kyung, the hair stylist, Lee Eung joon, the martial director talk about KRW.

My love style is better than SH’s one.

The handsome star, KRW(25), shows his love for the character SH of the drama ‘WSAYF.’ KRW expressed his gratitude to the staff by shaking all hands and was given a big round of applause from the staff when they had a wrap-up party at a restaurant in Yeouido on the 3rd. He commented on the character SH that he had played and his feeling about the end of the drama.

When asked how he felt, he said: “I thought I would be happy, but I wasn’t.” “When the drama was almost finished, I thought soon I could go fishing and drinking with my friends without any worries, but after finishing shooting, I was very confused.”

That is because this time he was so into the character so that it was really hard to get out of the character SH even after the end of the drama.

”I thought my love style is better than SH. However, as I acted, I started to understand the way SH loves. The drama ‘WSAYF’ is very meaningful to me because I could appreciate the different love style that SH has.

He praised JRW for having been the life of the shooting spot. As the drama came to the end, he couldn’t take care of his surroundings because he had to focus on the character. In contrast, JRW always tried to make the atmosphere comfortable, which struck KRW and the whole staff.

On the other hand, KRW gave caps embroidered the name of each staff which are worth 2 million won to the whole staff as presents.

• Like 3

:phew:    O... again... I am behind in posting ........

On the very early morning of Oct 30 ---- half a day after his French Café fan-sign ....

Prince, again , has added 'like' on ATOCLASSIC product .... seems its a limited edition of Chrysanthemum essential oil  .... :rolleyes:

@willenette ^^  have you used this before?  ;)  ( haha.. so you've visited Korea often to collect skincare goodies ....   :D ? )

X4DNRVb.png

SfNfFHk.jpg

seems theres a promotion in China as well ....... ??

QIDOTrK.png

Later on the same day Oct 30 when hes enjoying golf time ... he ''like' 5 IG posts ......  :w00t:

haha.... @maria1983^^ he really indeed LOVEs food ...  :lol:  

From his 'like' lists for the past like.. 2 months... besides his CF products, almost all of the rest are...

FOOD ~~~~~~~~  6Kb5NKU.png

9BnfCbB.png

credit yeh_won /baidu KRW

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, berries812 said:

haha.... @maria1983^^ he really indeed LOVEs food ...  :lol:  

From his 'like' lists for the past like.. 2 months... besides his CF products, almost all of the rest are...

FOOD ~~~~~~~~  6Kb5NKU.png

hahahaha

with food i believe we have the most sincere relation ...

3 times a day we have a meeting with ''her'' ...always . the most sincere thing in life :D

OH , Prince is an amazing person :D 

i CAN WAIT TO SEE HIM AGAIN ...AND AGAIN ...AND ... you got the point hahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, berries812 said:

:phew:    O... again... I am behind in posting ........

On the very early morning of Oct 30 ---- half a day after his French Café fan-sign ....

Prince, again , has added 'like' on ATOCLASSIC product .... seems its a limited edition of Chrysanthemum essential oil  .... :rolleyes:

@willenette ^^  have you used this before?  ;)  ( haha.. so you've visited Korea often to collect skincare goodies ....   :D ? )

Hi berries, ye, I've tried using ATOCLASSIC products but not their oil....................... I frequent Korea because my BF is a Korean but based in US. And all my skincare stuff, which I'm using is K-products. :PThat's why, I'm happy that KRW is the spokesperson of this product. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi berries, ye, I've tried using ATOCLASSIC products but not their oil....................... I frequent Korea because my BF is a Korean but based in US. And all my skincare stuff, which I'm using is K-products. :PThat's why, I'm happy that KRW is the spokesperson of this product. 

hello , hello , @willenette !

how are you ?  :)

pics of Rae Won at May 3 Wrap-up Party 2006

9042f9e3.jpg

01160698.jpg

ec949e5f.jpg

5ae74a15.jpg Rae Won + Director Pyo

f0f5afb1.jpg

ad19e6b2.jpg

ctto

• Like 2

HAHAHAHA @berries812 hahahaha

Middy

• Fan Level: Obsessed
  • Middy
  • Members
  • 18,599 posts
  • rep_idol.png.2ed15ee7eb780ce624dda0a4340

Posted May 28, 2006 · Report post

:w00t:

Won-Won couple + entire crew in Brisbane, Australia -- ^__^

hahaha... do you notice sth interesting about Rae Won when taking group pics ?? .... ;):D:lol:

646cbf08.jpg

234e3148.jpg

ee8b6d9c.jpg

b39327e8.jpg

ctto

fr: fanmir

everybody stay still and looking directly to the camera ...and then is him . hahahaha

0a6a0b45.jpg

hahahahaha

• Like 3

so mature for a 26 years old human :D

Translation by Janeiro:

The truth of the 26-year-old man… The actor KRW’s depths.

”As far as acting is concerned, the most important thing is the truth. Even if an actor plays a villain, he/she can be forgiven as a human if he/she is able to display the inner parts of the role honestly. I am too young to talk about life, but I wish to express my 26-year-old life in acting.”

KRW – Tears – The aesthetic of stealing a glance

KRW sheds tears. He cries as he misses his deceased lover. And again he weeps over ‘the unbearable fact’ that his new lover turns out to be his ex lover’s sister. (SH in a drama <WSAYF>) He sheds tears having firm belief in a person who he trusts, even after he has been manipulated by power that is opposed to his will. (Koo Dong Hyuk in a movie <Mr Socrates>. He tries to confront corruption of a society where we are ruled by power and protect his lover from it, but he ends up crying with rage and pain that he has to suffer from in real life. (Kim Hyun Woo in a drama ‘LSIH’) He weeps to let his lover who loves other man go. (Cha Seong Joon in a drama <Snowman>) He sheds tears of gratitude for happiness and love that he can share with his lover every day. (Lee Kyung Min in a drama <Attic Cat>)

A man’s tears are lethal fact whereby women have maternal love for him. In particular, the maternal love is getting deeper if the man looks strong. This might be a reason why KRW’s tears are special. As soon as he sheds tears, his masculinity disappears and it creates mother love while people can feel guilty about stealing a glance at his sadness and pain. For men, tears are sort of taboos. However, his tears are beautiful because they show his emotion honestly and break an unnecessary and conservative duty as a man.

He wants to be a strong man, but it means inner strength. His acting is very informal as he has shown both his masculinity and fragility ironically. He has repeatedly been into the character denying himself and easy acting. Thus, his filmographies are very attractive even though they don’t include any unique or original genre. The young actor KRW who has yet shown all his potential. Although he is a young 26-year-old actor, his acting displays so many in-depth layers.

Q: You must be really busy shooting a drama ‘WSAYF’.

KRW: Yes I am tired because I couldn’t sleep due to a series of shooting schedules. However I am so happy because right now I am so into SH. I have tried to take in what the director advised me to play a dark guy SH as if he had been a happy guy, but I think I am not doing well. I have to try my best.

Q: What kind of SH’s emotion do you focus on?

KRW: SH has been thinking about the love of his life who died in front of him. His love for her has dominated his life. … until he meets Bok shil. He loves BS, but he struggles for the fact that BS is his ex lover’s sister. He tries to overcome that painful and dreadful emotion, and accept the situation. This is what I do focus on.

Q: The scene where you shed your tears was very impressive.

KRW: Well, I have still a long way to go, and I really want to thank you for praising me. Personally, the scenes where I have to cry are really hard for me because I rarely cry off-screen. So I always try to forget about KRW myself when shooting begins.

Q: I was told that a movie <Sunflower> will crank in in June. What kind of movie is that?

KRW: Now that I am 100% into SH in a drama <WSAYF>, I haven’t analyzed the movie <Sunflower> thoroughly. The movie is about a family history and I will play a hoodlum named Tae Shik. The movie will make the audience cry and impressed.

Q: Which genre is better for you, a movie or a drama?

KRW: While a film is deeper and more delicate, a drama is more intense. Personally, I prefer a movie. Of course, acting per se is the same in both a movie and a drama, but the movie gives me the opportunity to get into the character perfectly and great pleasure in the process.

Q: How much potential do you think you have as an actor?

KRW: As a matter of fact, I have nothing as an actor. That’s why I keep trying. Once I decide to appear in a certain work, I always have the script wherever I go. If I suppose my acting is 100, I can say, my creativity is 80 and potential is 20. In my opinion, what makes a good actor depends on how the actor displays a different person wonderfully. Being a good actor is my lifetime homework.

Q: Can you explain a moment when you start to get into the character perfectly?

KRW: (laughing) The question is really hard, and it’s even harder to answer to it! 100% of concentration… Well, it’s my lifetime homework. Frankly, I don’t know how to explain it because I am still immature as far as acting is concerned. Trying to forget about myself… The idea that I am the character in a work… Those are basic. Don’t you think that 100% is impossible for life as an actor?

Q: What makes you choose a work?

KRW: Most of all, I see a scenario. After reading a scenario, I think about if I liked the storyline and the character that I am going to play. What I mull it over is whether I can play the role very well regardless of the quality of the work and the attractive character. Of course, a director is important, too. Next time I want to appear in an original action movie… Something very masculine…

Q: Do you have any director who you work with?

KRW: A Japanese director and actor, Kitano Takeshi. He depicts the saddest parts of life as the wittiest things. I have been attracted by his cruel humour. I wonder how he could portray my inner cruelty and masculinity in his movie.

Q: When you shoot the first scene and the last scene, how do you feel?

KRW: As always, whenever I start a work, I shoot the first scene with confidence because I have analyzed the character a lot before I begin the work. However, after finishing shooting, I always regret. Reflecting on my acting… Recently I start to think I have to be more easygoing.

Q: Has it been more than 10 years since you started to act?

KRW: I still have 1 year left. Oh it’s scary, 10 years… (Laugh) I believe I am still not a good actor. I have to keep trying my best. I hope I keep having this feeling after 10 years and even after 20 years. Staying the same … That’s the most important thing.

• Like 2

klaritia

• Fan Level: Fanatic
  • klaritia
  • Members
  • 3,859 posts
  • rep_idol.png.2ed15ee7eb780ce624dda0a4340

Posted June 22, 2006 · Report post

Korean magazine - Housewife Life Jun 06 Issue

I read the Chinese translation by yimi of http://www.kimraewon.cn

English translation by me>>> :D

As a sentimental blood-type-A guy, Kim Rae Won’s ideal type of girl is understanding and just like a friend. Looking for those qualities among his co-stars in TV dramas, she should be smart as Kim Tae Hee while gentle and kind as Jung Da Bin.

An adorable big boy on screen, the dependable eldest son in the family…

More than 10 years ago, in a certain fast food commercial, there was Kim Rae Won’s unknown face--with thick spectacles, just a naïve boy. Don’t know since when, he put away the spectacles and grew into a real man. Recently, a mobile game software company had an online poll on the eve of Grown-up Day. The question: Whom do you want to be kissed on Grown-up Day? The results reveal his continuous popularity and charisma; many girls want to be kissed by him.

His expressions and words at the wrap up party held in a hotel have impressed me so much that I can still remember them vividly. He gave away the baseball caps he’s prepared to the crew members one by one. He poured them wine and talked about his feelings. The usually quiet Kim Rae Won took his glass of wine shouted with a coarse voice, “Cheers, for ‘Which Star Are You From’!” The gift for his partner Jung Ryeo Won is a card wrote by him and some photos they took with the crew during filming.

“During filming, my attitude wasn’t gentle enough. I feel so sorry for that. But my partner Ms Jung Ryeo Won always made the mood very up-beat. That has helped the filming a lot. If asked whether I have regrets about the show, I’ll say the role I play is a good guy but he’s just incomparable to the real me as a lover.” (Laughing)

Many crew members reported that he and Jung Ryeo Won are like real lovers both inside and outside the show. This has worried many female fans for some time. But they can just relax for Kim Rae Won has announced openly in an interview, “I and my partner Ms Jung Ryeo Won are definitely not dating.” But he admits that in front of Jung Ryeo Won, he has this male chauvinism.

“During filming, I appeared very firm and tough but actually I was always panicking. Sometimes for a particular scene, Ms Jung and I had different thoughts on how we should do it. When I insisted on my way of doing it, she’d just cry. So in those situations, I became helpless. People say blood-type-A guys appear weak in front of blood-type-B girls. This may be the reason why I was always helpless and in a panic. And that way I became the bad guy in front of the whole crew.”

Though KRW has experienced women’s most powerful weapon, tears, his hardworking and firm attitude has won the trust and fondness of the director. Director Pyo said, pointing at Kim Rae Won, “This is an actor who can be good in both serious and funny dramas. Actually the role’s personality is very similar to that of Kim Rae Won in many ways.” Pyo also praised that KRW can make the role very lively. He’s uncommon among the young actors.

KRW has dreamed about being a director and his playing a director in this drama is his dream coming true in a way. “I think I’ve overestimated my abilities and so I’ve given up. During filming, there’re scenes when I did the directing job and the crew members always made fun of me, saying that they’d feel so tired if they really worked for such a director. And I designed that special way of shouting ‘Action’ in the scenes.

Buying parents a house, sending younger sister to study overseas…

So what is the real life Kim Rae Won like? When his home town friends come to Seoul for a few days, he always asks them to stay in his house. Last year one of his old friends came to Seoul looking for a job. KRW let him stayed with him until he’s got money for his own place. This is him, a guy who sees friendship very important.

He left home to study in Seoul since middle school. Early in his showbiz days, he’s said if he could earn much money, he’d go on vacation overseas with his friends. Two years ago, he kept his promise and had a vacation with his friends in a nearby country. This is him, a trustworthy guy.

Being the eldest son of the family, he wants to let his parents live comfortably, so he is going to buy a house for his parents near Seoul when he has the money. He is planning to send his younger sister overseas to study music (clarinet). (PChoi: I’m not sure if the article means he’s done all the above.)

“After 25, going on 26, I feel my loads are getting heavier. I haven’t done the military service and thus I should plan for my parents… family, work and everything in front of me. The thought that I should have stronger control of my own work has become stronger. In the past year, I’ve thought a lot and have also been more matured.”

He’s been frustrated too. In 1997 when he first became famous in showbiz, he was chosen to be the lead in a drama. Just before filming, he was forced out of the show, not due to reasons related to him. To a 19-year-old, that was a big blow and the frustration he felt made him avoid people and even plan to quit. What makes him feel so sad was that he got the highest score in the audition/interview but he could not play because of other reasons. At that time, he thought he could be somebody in other sectors too. He therefore packed up, jumped onto a long-distance bus and headed for an overseas fishing ship to earn a living in the sea. Fortunately, he was stopped by his manager before he went on the ship. Such an act seems so naïve but under those circumstances and thoughts, that was just natural for him.

When you ask this introspective, quiet and stubborn actor, Kim Rae Won, for his secret doing sweet kissing scenes, he’ll pretend that he does not understanding your question and ask you instead, “I do quite well, don’t I?” Anyway, it’s impossible to describe his charisma in one or two sentences!

NB In Korea, Grown-up Day falls on the third Monday of May. There’s a ceremony for 20-year-olds. Girls usually get perfumes, flowers, and kisses as presents.

• Like 3