[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

[FANCAFE] 140918 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 1) - 12:35 AM

tumblr_inline_nc1zcj6wRx1qz9xe6.png

Fan: Congratulations jingjjang!! Give us a tiny spoiler for the fanmeeting keke
IU: There’s going to be an important announcement.

tumblr_inline_nc1zei21Ob1qz9xe6.png

Fan: I miss you!!
IU: I miss Yeji too.

tumblr_inline_nc1zgeCenm1qz9xe6.png

Fan: Unni don’t feel sorry.. I’m even worse as I was busy studying and didn’t even apply on the fancafe (Note: for the fanmeeting tickets) ㅠㅠㅠㅠ Have a good time at the fanmeeting!!!!
IU: Study hard and become someone great to promote IU! From a long-term perspective, you’re doing a good job!

tumblr_inline_nc1zo34nrE1qz9xe6.png

Fan: Won’t there be phototime?ㅠㅠ
IU: You paid about 9180won to come (Note: Fans had to pay for the fanmeeting ticket), if I didn’t have a phototime, am I even being human?

tumblr_inline_nc1zquYIId1qz9xe6.png

Fan: What do you expect will be Uaenas’ reaction after you make the important announcement??
IU: !! -inserts picture-

tumblr_inline_nc1zsb0irf1qz9xe6.png

Fan: I believe you’ll take care of those on the 2nd floor too (Note: The fanmeeting venue has two floors of audience.)
IU: Gosh!

tumblr_inline_nc1zvck3251qz9xe6.png

Fan: Say something to poor me who will be sobbing while eating ricecake (meaning checking for updates) 9 hours from now…
IU: Of course you should have omegi ricecake! (Note: wordplay)

tumblr_inline_nc204xodrt1qz9xe6.png

Fan: Noona, I’m the final 400th fan to be chosen ㅠㅠㅠ
IU: I know you’re the 350th though!! (Note: 50 fans were added afterwards as some didn’t pay up for their tickets.)

tumblr_inline_nc2078TaCW1qz9xe6.png

Fan: What’s the meaning of 9180 won? Is it because of Sept 18th?
IU: … Yepyep

tumblr_inline_nc208hgqZs1qz9xe6.png

Fan: Since it’s your 6th anniversary, here’s a question!! In the 6 years that you’ve performed on stage, singing which song gave you the most strength??
IU: When I sing “Child Searching For a Star” and hear Kim Kwangjin’s part, I gain the strength of a tiger.

Translated by squishy with love

source:
http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/

[FANCAFE] 140918 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 2) - 12:48 AM

IU: It’s getting late. Everyone go and sleep. I’m going to bed now.

IU: Revealing all my photos -insert selca-

IU: Brave Charity

IU: Jeju island sketchbook

IU: MBC Sangam

IU: The day I wore the red shoes tee to bed.

IU: This morning

IU: Today’s breakfast.

IU: The fanmeeting title I proposed to the company that got rejected -inserts picture ‘IU’s Good Day’ with all the ㅇ s written as the number 6-

IU: This turned out well, but a photo that lacks individuality.

IU: Bbuggu in the laundry basket

tumblr_inline_nc21ar1B7Y1qz9xe6.png

IU: Something I eat when I’m bored.

IU: That’s all.

IU: Exit photo -inserts photo of her sticking her hand out to stop the curtains from closing at her small theatre concert-

Happy 6th Anniversary to IU and fellow Uaenas! Cheers! Keep the good years rolling. Found this link to the fan projects http://uaena-family.tumblr.com/post/97784116660/fansupport-iu-6th-anniversary-fansupport-report@Eng Congrats on being one of the 10 lucky winners!

Much props to IU and the Uaenas for her 6th anniversary. I had the chance to see her last Saturday at the 2014 Brave Concert here in Seoul (see below). She was very charming as usual and thanked her fans in advance of her anniversary.
It's rare to see IU at a live concert, but when she does perform, she's awesome to see live.
iu-vertical-only-watermark-1.jpg

iu-horizontal-only-watermark-1.jpg

[FANCAFE] 140918 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 3) - 10:36 AM

IU: Hello, good morning! I woke up really early today!

Fan: We’re having our athletic meet right now, please cheer for my class!!! 8th class, hwaiting
IU: I like the number 8 best (I’m serious)

Fan: Jingjjang! Before you go for your debut 6th anniversary fanmeeting, I applied for 6 universities. If you reply, I think I’ll be able to get into them all..
IU: If you get in, post a proof shot!

Fan: Ms Jieun, is IU pretty today?
You would be able to see her preparing for her fanmeeting, how does she look?^~^
IU: Acceptable.

Fan: How many songs will you be singing for next week’s Usong University Festival..?? It’s been awhile since you came to Daejeon ㅜㅜ
IU: I think it’ll be 4 songs!

[FANCAFE] 140918 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 4) - 7:18 AM

tumblr_inline_nc3eyeTCxC1qz9xe6.png

Fan: The 8th class won 1st place at our school’s athletic meet!!!
IU: Oh kekeke That’s pretty good!!

tumblr_inline_nc3f0oTqZH1qz9xe6.png

Fan: We just ended school ㅠㅠ  Are you preparing for your fanmeeting? Please post a selca ㅠㅠㅠ
IU: Intense -inserts selca-

[FANCAFE] 140918 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 1) - 10:57 PM

Fan: If you’re starting a fanclub, the name will be important. How are you going to decide on the name??
IU: We might still just be Uaena or we might have a new name! Since it’s a place for you guys, I hope it’ll be something you guys like!

Fan: How about naming the fanclub ‘violet flower’ keke
IU: ㅇ0ㅇ!!!!!!…. Nope…. Clearly there’ll be embarrassed biscuits…. (Note: To IU, male fans are biscuits or hard tack.)

(Note: The ‘violet flower’ refers to what IU described her fans as in the From.IU post. Probably means the shy type.)

source: http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/

[FANCAFE] 140919 IU replies to fans’ comments (Part 2) - 2:02 AM

Fan: kekeke watching your home video today, the picture frame we gave you is too large to be hung anywhere ㅠㅜ even so, try using a cord to hang it somewhere. With a nice light.
IU: I’m opening all my presents now.. It’s really huge.. For now I have nowhere to hang it so it’s just left standing in my living room.

Fan: Is the bandana you wore the same as the one you gave us as presents?????
IU: Yes, that’s right.

Fan: Noona, why didn’t I receive a polaroid in my goodie bag?
IU: I started out wanting to take 400 polaroids, but I didn’t manage to meet that quota, so only the lucky fans will get one.. Sorry

Fan: How many polaroids did you put in!! keke I didn’t receivve one, but I keep seeing people going Polaroid!! here and there keke
IU: I recall there to be about 50 to 60…

Luckyguy: Really unforgettable.. What I did just now hehe.. Indeed awesome ^^.. Looking forward to your fanclub.. Thank you for the sincere presents as well.

Fan: Today you had a conference with the respective fan communities (Note: Representatives from each fan community was invited onto stage during the fanmeeting) kekekeke Which fan community was the most interesting??
IU: Um.. Uaena was reliable. Starzone was heartwarming . DC gall was really hilarious. LoveU was lovely. IUstudio was.. why didn’t you speak up much..?!!!!

Fan: How did you come up with the idea to give the bandana as a gift? The neon yellow is really pretty *_*
IU: It’s the idea by a staff member at our company. We had a meeting discussing what would be something that both genders can put to good use!

Fan: Unni, but why did you tell us not to write long letters?? Once I start writing, it gets long… p p
IU: There’s a lot to read, so if it’s long, I’ll just scan through really quickly

Fan: When will the next small theatre concert be.. ><
IU: Let’s meet every spring.

Fan: Did you come up with the ideas for the presents? Why the rice balls..?
IU: I wanted to set up a place for you guys to eat, but time was not on our side and there wasn’t a place that could fit 400 people.

tumblr_inline_nc4hm7UqWm1qz9xe6.jpg

IU: Bye Goodnight That was my happiest Sept 18th since I was born -inserts selca-

source: http://iu-jjang.tumblr.com/

@airbening you do realise that the hand is not actually IU's *burst air's bubble* kekekeke.... I'm  on the bottom right corner of the text. took me a while to find myself but took me 3secs to find Eden =_="

@akinahana89 IU never actually had a fanclub. she had several fancafe but those are not fanclubs. the fanclub will consolidate all the fancafes so that there is a common place to interact with each other. They havent decided on a name yet but I hope they keep Uaena. I like Uaenas... hopefully all the korean fans agree too and they will keep it...

IN THE FANMEETING, IU RELEASES A VIDEO OF HER INTRODUCING HER HOME...LIKE ARGHHHHHHH I WANNA SEE TOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol I'm pretty sure I just went through a mental meltdown above~~~

For IU's 6th anniversary I decided that I would look for one of her early video clips and one of her recent ones and say something about them.  But unfortunately, I was too busy lately.  But I did find one clip that I had never seen before and got interested in it.  It was her "Showcase" introducing the "Modern Times" album.
I think this had some of her best performances of the three songs.  She was excited and enthusiastic about them, and she was in really good shape for the performances.  This was also true for her "Sketchbook" appearance and her first Comeback Stages.  But I think in particular she sang "Modern Times" (the song) the best that I have heard so far.
When I first heard the "Modern Times" song, I liked it more than "The Red Shoes".  I still do.  It is not as exciting or difficult a song as "The Red Shoes" but it is a thoughtful, happy/sad song with a nice melody.  I also like that it is a ragtime song, which is rare these days.  When you see the presentation in this video, and the one in the Comeback stage where she's wearing the rose printed dress, what you see is Broadway quality.  The mime/dance and her own performance have subtlety and difficulty, and everything was executed perfectly.
This clip claims "English subtitles" but so far, the English is sparse.  Maybe Loen will get around to completing it someday.  I expect that the fan subs have been done, and if I hunt around, I will probably fine one.  But I thought I would post something a bit different this time.
As I have said, I do not speak or understand Korean, nor do I read it or write it -- yet.  However, recently, by using an Android tablet and a special keyboard app, I can copy-type Korean.  What is special is that the keyboard app lets me type in languages other than English, but within an English environment.  This is great because it would be a very long time before I understood enough Korean to use a computer with a Korean operating system or use a real Korean word processor.  What I have done is to copy-type all the Korean sub-titles for the first 5 minutes (I ran out of time. . . ) that are embedded in the video.  Then I pasted it all in Google's Translate, and pasted the results below.
Ahem:  The output is straight from the Google program, so don't blame me for the "odd" English!  Well, unless I made a typing error. . . .:-)
"[iU(아이유) Showcase]The red shoes(분홍신) and 2 Other songs (분홍신 외 2 곡) [ENG/JPN SUB]"

[The following was replaced 2014-09-26.  The original transcription was about 5 min.The new version adds the rest of the Korean text from the clip.  The actual English subtitles are complete for everything spoken, and for "The Red Shoes".  Mainly it is missing the lyrics for "Modern Times" and "Between the Lips."  I have left the errors from the Google Translate output intact for anyone interested in what it is really like.  I think it has gotten better over the past years.]
My Transcription:
00:05-00:07 "2013.10.7 올림픽 공원 K 아트흘"
00:08-00:09 "음악적 성장과 함께 돌아온 아이유"
00:11-00:12 "멜론에서 최초로 공개되는"
00:12-00:14 "아이유 3집 앨범 발매 기념 컴백 쇼케이스"
00:34-00:43 "Modern Times찰리 채플린 주연의 영화에서 영감을 받은'Modern Times'는 빈티지한 감성이 잘 묻어나는 곡이다"
03:59-04:03 "Q. 정규 3집 앨범 <Modern Times>"
04:28-04:31 "타이틀 곡 작업에신중을 기했던 아이유"
04:43-04:48 "오랜 시간 세세학게준비한 정규 3집"
04:49-04:54 "Q. 컴백을 앞둔 소감"
05:28-05:32 "아이유가 가장 좋아하는 곡'입술 사이'"

05:44 "입술 사이IU"
05:55-06:03 "입술 사이앨범 내에서 가장 농염한 분위기가 나는 곡으로이제 막 사랑에 눈을 뜬 여자의 마음을 섬세하게 표현했다"
08:42-08:47 "Q. 타이틀 곡 분홍신"
08:58-09:01 "안데르센 동화 '빨간구두' 에서모티브를 얻는 '분홍신'
09:04-09:06  "스티브에 춤까지 춰야 하는부담감"
09:22 "Q. 아이유를 기다린 팬들에게"
10:12-10:18 "분홍신"
10:23-10:29 "분홍신1930년대 빅밴드 스윙사운드를 기반으르 클래시컬하고빈티지한 요소를 녹여낸 긴장감 있고 신 나는 느낌의 타이틀 곡"

. . . .
[Ends with Red Shoes song.]
---[Romanized by Google Tranlate:]

00:05-00:07 "2013.10.7 ollimpig gong-won K ateuheul"
00:08-00:09 "eum-agjeog seongjang-gwa hamkke dol-aon aiyu"
00:11-00:12 "mellon-eseo choecholo gong-gaedoeneun"
00:12-00:14 "aiyu 3jib aelbeom balmae ginyeom keombaeg syokeiseu"
00:34-00:43 "Modern Timeschalli chaepeullin juyeon-ui yeonghwa-eseo yeong-gam-eul bad-eun'Modern Times'neun bintijihan gamseong-i jal mud-eonaneun gog-ida"
03:59-04:03 "Q. jeong-gyu 3jib aelbeom <Modern Times>"
04:28-04:31 "taiteul gog jag-eob-esinjung-eul gihaessdeon aiyu"
04:43-04:48 "olaen sigan sesehaggejunbihan jeong-gyu 3jib"
04:49-04:54 "Q. keombaeg-eul apdun sogam"
05:28-05:32 "aiyuga gajang joh-ahaneun gog'ibsul sai'"

05:44 "ibsul saiIU"
05:55-06:03 "ibsul saiaelbeom naeeseo gajang nong-yeomhan bun-wigiga naneun gog-euloije mag salang-e nun-eul tteun yeojaui ma-eum-eul seomsehage 
pyohyeonhaessda"
08:42-08:47 "Q. taiteul gog bunhongsin"
08:58-09:01 "andeleusen donghwa 'ppalgangudu' eseomotibeuleul eodneun 'bunhongsin'
09:04-09:06 "seutibeue chumkkaji chwoya haneunbudamgam"
09:22 "Q. aiyuleul gidalin paendeul-ege"
10:12-10:18 "bunhongsin"
10:23-10:29 "bunhongsin1930nyeondae bigbaendeu seuwingsaundeuleul giban-euleu keullaesikeolhagobintijihan yosoleul nog-yeonaen ginjang-gam issgo sin naneun neukkim-ui 
taiteul gog"

. . . .

---
[English by Google Translate:]
00:05 to 00:07 "07/10/2013 Olympic Park K Art shed" 
00:08 to 00:09 "grow back together and musically IU" 
00:11 to 00:12 "unveiled the first in a melon" 
00:12 to 00:14 "IU Memorial Album Comeback Showcase Vol 3" 
00: 34-00: 43 "Modern Times Inspired by the movie starring Charlie Chaplin 'Modern Times' is a fine vintage sensibility Loose song "
03: 59-04: 03 "Q. regular third album <Modern Times>" 
4:28 to 4:31 "on the title track of work IU was careful "
4:43 to 4:48 "time ever hakge Prepared three regular house "
4:49 to 4:54 "ahead of comeback Q. comment" 
IU is my favorite song 32 ": 05: 28-05 Between the lips. '"
05:44 "between the lips IU "
5:55 to 6:03 "between the lips As the most nongyeom atmosphere in the album Songs I Now the heart of the woman had just awakened to the love expressed delicately "

08: 42-08: 47 "Q. This is the title track of The Red Shoes" 
01 "Andersen fairy tale" The Red Shoes ": 08: 58-09 Get the motif 'The Red Shoes' 
09: Dancing on the chwoya to 06 "Steve: 04-09 Burden "
09:22 "Wait for the IU fans Q." 
10:12 to 10:18 "The Red Shoes" 
10:23 to 10:29 "The Red Shoes 1930s big band swing sound based on classical and lazy Vintage elements dissolves the tension of the title track, and I feel God "

. . . . 

---