[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Guest mumfu

@nikki89Chingu I thought she might turn this Drama down as the storyline was too close to that of YTBLSS.  I'm really interested to see what she eventually chooses, I hope it's for something this year.Kumawo for the awesome up-dates, the BA fan meeting in Japan looks like such fun, lovely to see those three together again. ps JKS really takes care of his dongseng uri IU. @Fahmida - kumawo for those fabulous photo's.

mumfu said: @nikki89Chingu I thought she might turn this Drama down as the storyline was too close to that of YTBLSS.  I'm really interested to see what she eventually chooses, I hope it's for something this year.Kumawo for the awesome up-dates, the BA fan meeting in Japan looks like such fun, lovely to see those three together again. ps JKS really takes care of his dongseng uri IU. @Fahmida - kumawo for those fabulous photo's. Very true, @mumfu! I know there were quite a few people who thought the plotline was too close to YTBLSS. Well, I guess that means ActionU or SaegukU will still have a chance to become reality for this year! Haha.

Guest Fahmida Joyti

tumblr_n9ffvr9NCk1rlzlwyo1_500.jpgIU autographed polaroid-beautiful mancr: KNTV
tumblr_n9ew9xfpwk1qh1uhdo1_500.jpg
New Qdsuh photo cr:daeng516
tumblr_n9fdt3YHnG1rlzlwyo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n9fdt3YHnG1rlzlwyo2_500.png
20140728 IU - Mexicana Chicken New Photos
cr: Mexicana Chicken Facebook

Looks like IU is out of drama contestion... Nodame went to Shim Eun Kyung.

TBH I want to see IU in a more mature role. It will be a challenge but that's breaking through the typical comical role and will help expand and improve her acting.

KCON:  IU to perform on the first day?
I have just seen Wikipedia.com's 'KCON' page and apparently IU is performing on the first day.  I do not know how reliable this is.
Wikipedia "KCON" page
As of 2014-07-29 the following is listed:
August 9, 2014 (Performance):G-Dragon, B1A4, IU, Teen Top, VIXXAugust 10, 2014 (Performance):Girls' Generation, BTS, CNBLUE, Jung Joon Young, SPICA
2014-07-30 format correction

In YTBLSS there was an episode where LSS said that she was not really interested in drama but she preferred action shows.  Has IU ever been asked about whether she agrees with that?  Actually, it seems to me that there are not so many shows like detective shows in Korea.  I tend to watch detective shows in North America.  Detective shows are not necessarily "action" shows.  Some are more like puzzles.

buckwheat01 said: KCON:  IU to perform on the first day?
I have just seen Wikipedia.com's 'KCON' page and apparently IU is performing on the first day.  I do not know how reliable this is.
Wikipedia "KCON" page
As of 2014-07-29 the following is listed:
August 9, 2014 (Performance):G-Dragon, B1A4, IU, Teen Top, VIXXAugust 10, 2014 (Performance):Girls' Generation, BTS, CNBLUE, Jung Joon Young, SPICA
I think that is an accurate lineup. I saw it somewhere else before that I thought was a reliable source. For the life of me now, I can't recall which site it was.

buckwheat01 said: In YTBLSS there was an episode where LSS said that she was not really interested in drama but she preferred action shows.  Has IU ever been asked about whether she agrees with that?  Actually, it seems to me that there are not so many shows like detective shows in Korea.  I tend to watch detective shows in North America.  Detective shows are not necessarily "action" shows.  Some are more like puzzles.

IU seems to have a pretty wide range of interests in regards to the type of shows and movies she watches. Modern Family is a sitcom about, well, family. And one of her favorite movies is the Before trilogy, which is just about two people who fall in love and live out their lives together. The film covers a large part of their life, like thirty years, through time jumps from each film. (The time jump between the first Before movie and the second is like eight or nine years and the time jump from the second to the third movie is like eighteen.) IU has also felt really emotional over the movie Blue is the Warmest Color which, when I watched it, was very, very erotic. I wasn't as surprised as other Uaenas when she revealed that she had watched the movie since I knew IU had seen adult films before. lol.

So genre wise, I don't think IU is really so set against one or the other the way LSS, the character, stated. From what I've gathered though, is that IU enjoys movies that offer a lot of depth, a lot of inspiration or insight, and something that will tug at the heartstrings.