[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

The pictures are mostly great!  There is one pictures that was a bit odd.  On page 357, Fahmida Joyti linked this picture (along with a bunch of others):

"tumblr_n7u0tdfoGe1rlzlwyo5_500.jpg"

IU is pointing at her phone's camera.  I was just wondering if anyone knew what that was all about?

Also, what is "Healing Camp?"

And does anyone know what the song was that IU was singing with AKMU?

The pictures are mostly great!  There is one pictures that was a bit odd.  On page 357, Fahmida Joyti linked this picture (along with a bunch of others):

IU is pointing at her phone's camera.  I was just wondering if anyone knew what that was all about?

Also, what is "Healing Camp?"

And does anyone know what the song was that IU was singing with AKMU?

----

That is an anti-radiactive sticker for the phone. Fans gave it to IU. She was just telling them that she was using it.

Healing camp is a talk show. No one knows what songs are sang. It's gonna broadcast on 7th July.

class="content-title"IU Confesses the Special Reason She Wanted to Remake “Meaning of You”

For the upcoming July 7 episode of “Healing CampIU explained her personal reason why she wanted to remake Sanurim‘s “Meaning of You.”

For her recent remake album, “Flower Bookmark,” IU sang “Meaning of You” with Kim Chang Wan. IU had personally chosen all the songs to remake in that album, and she had a special reason for choosing “Meaning of You.”  During the program IU confessed, “The person I had a crush on in middle school liked this song. Since then, the song has a ‘meaning of him’.” 

IU has not been shy about sharing her past crushes. She had previously revealed that she had a one-sided crush on someone last year.

iu

IU and Kim Chang Wan will perform “Meaning of You” together and do a special performance with Akdong Musician on the July 7 episode of “Healing Camp.” 

http://www.soompi.com/2014/07/04/iu-confesses-the-special-reason-she-wanted-to-remake-meaning-of-you/#.U7d9Y7EhvoY

----

Lucky guy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest adikkeluangman

IU Fulfills Her Wish by Featuring in g.o.d.’s 8th Full Length Album
IU fulfilled her long time wish by featuring in g.o.d.’s new album.
70047002.jpg

An afiiliate of g.o.d. told Newsen on July 4, “IU featured in a song called Sing for Me (translated) which is included in g.o.d.’s 8th full length album. It is not the title song.”
An affiliate of IU also told Newsen, “IU recently finished recording with g.o.d. The featuring was accomplished when Kim Tae Woo made the suggestion.”
IU is widely known as a long time fan of g.o.d. IU’s affiliate also added, “IU was very happy to be featuring in g.o.d.’s album.”
Meanwhile, g.o.d.’s 8th full length album will be released through online and offline on July 8 and 9, respectively. 
g.o.d. will also be launching a national concert tour starting with Seoul on July 12 and 13, Gwangju on August 2 and 3, Busan on August 15 and 16, Daegu on August 23 and 24 and Daejeon on August 30 and 31.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/70047/iu-features-in-god-album
So does IU the only singer that got featured. The excitement is killing me. 

@airbening quick quick go retweet the SBS healing camp tweet and you can stand a chance to win one of the 4 autographed mugs. Air quick fly over to twitter (I'm not joking. Being serious)

Chincha???!!!! Do you have link to the twitter?? Waaaaaa...thank you for ur info, nikki :)

Guest aidos

Hi! New joiner here... nice to meet you all. Started listening to kpop 2 weeks ago with IU... I'm completely addicted/obsessed to her voice/her. Glad I did though!

Guest Fahmida Joyti

Gaon physical sales update female artists for the first half of the year1.) SNSD - Mr Mr: 159,244
2.) 2NE1 - Crush: 60,948
3.) Apink - Pink Blossom: 46,497
4.) IU - Flower Bookmark: 22,531
5.) Lee Sun Hee - Serendipity: 22,386
6.) Girl's Day - Everyday III: 17,585
7.) Lee Sora - 8: 12,759
8.) 4Minute - 4Minute World: 11,231
9.) Jeon Hyo Sung - Top Secret: 10,336
10.) APink - Secret Garden: 8,660

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 24px; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); font-family: 'Open Sans', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"2014 Mid Year Most Viewed Kpop MVs on YoutubeTOP 20:
1) Psy - Hangover: 90,658,982
2) SNSD - Mr Mr: 26,048,623
3) EXO-K - Overdose: 22,130,651
4) 2NE1 - Come Back Home: 17,751,086
5) Taeyang - Eyes, Nose, Lips: 11,184,503
6) HIGH4 & IU - Not Spring, Love or Cherry Blossoms: 9,123,904
7) AKMU (Akdong Musician) - 200%: 8,697,875
8) DBSK - Something: 7,904,614
9) AOA - Mini Skirt: 7,838,371 + 517,294 (CJEN)
10) Juggino & Soyu - Some: 7,770,739
11) 2NE1 - Happy: 7,377,388
12) GOT7 - Girls Girls Girls: 7,093,511
13) 4Minute - Whatcha Doin' Today?: 6,759,548
14) CN Blue - Can't Stop: 6,492,257
15) APink - Mr. Chu: 6,450,035 + 4,379,157 (official channel)
16) 2NE1 - Gotta Be You: 6,245,627
17) Girls' Day - Something: 6,157,235 + 3,696,903 (1theK)
18) BTS - Boy in Luv: 6,146,699 + 1,696,520 (bighit)
19) BAP - Angel (1004): 5,913,642
20) Crayon Pop - Uh Ee: 5,315,432

"Modern Times" and "Flower Bookmark"

I have been meaning to say this for quite a while now, but there has been so much new stuff being posted that it just seemed unimportant.  But her latest interview shows her reflecting on the first half of this year and feeling enthusiastic about her current plans.

I think it is a good time for me to say "thank you" to IU for the last two albums.  She has said that she was not a particularly good student at school and it is ironic that part of the value of the last two albums has been educational.  I think that "Modern Times" was
a good introduction to Jazz and how it evolved.  Modern popular music (K-Pop and other markets around the world) grew out of these early forms, and this album exposes a wide array of styles for her younger fans to become aware of.

Then "Flower Bookmark" is a particularly valuable small collection of some of the better K-Pop historical tunes.  And the references in this forum helped me appreciate the original artists.

So while both albums are valuable as entertainment, between the two albums, she has given something especially valuable to everyone.  And in doing this, I think she has strengthened the future of K-Pop overall by bridging the gaps in knowledge for many who previously lacked background in one way of the other -- like me :-).

IU is actually very clever. She's been the class rep before and her results were good (think she came first before). It was only after she became a singer that her grades dropped as she wasn't able to keep up with her studies when she had such hectic schedules. That's also the reason why she didn't go to Uni. She didn't want the preferential celebrity treatment and feels that she shouldnt deprive others of Uni chances and would only go to Uni in the future if she really wanted to and by getting in by her own merits.

So I would say that IU is befitting of educating others like what she's done with her music =D

Btw great post buckwheat01

Told ya that IU wasn't taking up Nodame. *Dance around* Yoona got the job.http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/07/yoona-confirmed-as-the-female-lead-for-nodame-cantabile

I'm glad IU's not taking up KBS dramas.. This year's KBS dramas are all not good....

I'm hoping the best for Yoona and other cast. I like her :)

Hopefully KBS will stick to the original drama. Please, don't ruin nodame cantabile :(

I hope SBS will give a good script to IU, not only KBS.. So, IU will be a guest on Running Man with other cast, hehehe..

I think she WILL play a drama this year. It's all about time..

Guest mumfu

Annyeong chingudeul
@nikki89 as much as I would have loved to see IU in this role ( Nodame ) mostly to see her partnered with that brilliant actor Joo Won, I am glad she turned it down for the same reason you do, KBS has not produced any good drama's of recent times.  I also think they rely on her pulling power rather than good writing and directing.  I actually would love to see her in a cable TV drama, these tend to offer good plots and challenging roles for actors. I am currently watching King of High School with Seo In Guk tvN this is a great watch, incredibly funny in places, heartfelt in other places, nice pace, great acting, now IU would be fantastic in this.
I am wondering if IU has a drama lined up for the later part of 2014 because we don't see any activity scheduled for her after KCon USA. I guess we will just wait and see.
Welcome @aidos kumawo for joining us supporters, fans of IU.  We all love and adore this talented lovable young woman and it's always nice when we meet new fans.  Please post any and everything you wish to share about IU.
Kumawo chingudeul @airbening, @Fahmida Joyti, @nikki89, for the latest IU news, tonight I'll be checking out the Healing camp episode, it looks awesome.
@buckwheat01 well said chingu, IU has given us music in her last two albums that hint of her maturity as an artist and as you mentioned she has rekindled an interest in musical genres that is not normally associated to Kpop. I love the jazz, blues, swing, latin flavours she brought with MT and then the remake Album is sublime. If you notice when she breaks away from the bubblegum/sexy/cutesy Kpop style and does something different, other idols follow her.  She is a trend setter.  I also love her modern music as well, that indie style really suits her too.
Have a wonderful week chingudeul.