[THE OFFICIAL] IU 아이유 Thread

akinahana89

Guest Fahmida Joyti

[Fancam] 20140701 Hope Concert - The Red Shoes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY39V3-3cVg

[Fancam] 20140701 Hope Concert - Good Day

Guest Fahmida Joyti

[FANCAFE] 14702 FROM.IU - Did everyone pass the test to level up to Mashmallow? - 2:34 AMtumblr_inline_n822doYrmx1qz9xe6.jpg
tumblr_inline_n822dwhyrJ1qz9xe6.jpg
tumblr_n81np0C2Up1rlzlwyo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n81np0C2Up1rlzlwyo2_500.jpg
I’m back from Changwon.So tired tired tired. Tomorrow I have to go for the Healing Camp recording.I’ll make sure I get a photo with the green-lentil jelly-like fluffy Akmu! I should go to bed soon.. keke The weather was really hot today. Is everyone alright? I think I might be allergic…

This is such a good article. thanks squishy for the translations

[TRANSLATION] 140701 Let’s meet the nation’s little sister, IU, who has now become a goddess!

아.이.유 is there anyone whose heart doesn’t start beating faster upon hearing these 3 syllables? With ‘Good Day’, ‘You and I’, ‘Every End of the Day’, ‘The Red Shoes’ and many other hit songs under her belt and her friendly replies to fans’ comments on her official fancafe Uaena, she’s the ideal type of many guys and receives a lot of love from young female fans and uncle fans, etc. Let’s hear what IU has to say.

IU at the venue of the Samsung Passion Talk concert held in Busan on 24th June. The moment she appeared on stage, the audience started reacting wildly.

IU back with her remake album

On 16th May this year, IU released her remake album ‘A Flower Bookmark’ on her birthday. With a cover of Cho Deokbae’s ‘My Old Story’, a duet with Kim Changwan for ‘Your Meaning’ and other song covers, the songs became an all-kill on the music charts the moment they were released. Perhaps because the well-loved songs from the past were reinterpreted with IU’s unique emotions, she received positive reviews from teenage fans all the way to those in their 40s and 50s.

“When I sang my sunbaenims’ old songs on broadcasts, many people said they liked it. Also, there were many fans who wanted a remake album. So I chose songs that I really wanted to try singing.”

The album preparation process was arduous and IU received a lot of help from her sunbaes and did a lot of reflection on her own part. The result of her effort was that each song was full of her own unique feel.  

Singer Kim Bumsoo bid farewell to his girlfriend on purpose to get the emotions of missing someone. Similarly, famous singers would have their own unique stories to tell. What’s IU’s story then?

"When something cruel and sad happens, I think to myself, ‘Oh? I should remember this feeling!’ Could this be a kind of occupational disease? Haha. But because of such thoughts, I can’t be true to my feelings and don’t completely lose myself in them. As I’m busy trying to remember the feeling, the feeling disappears and all of a sudden, I stop crying." 

IU expressed that reading books helps her with writing her songs. Due to the influence of her parents, from a young age, she started reading a lot. She felt that as she reads line by line, she can learn about things she wouldn’t usually encounter in her daily life.

"As I read books, I do some reflection and my thoughts become deeper. Many thoughts and ideas are collected in books. As I read, I’m lost in thought and start filling my head with new ideas, which I think will be useful in the future for my music career."

At the request to recommend a book, IU mentioned Murakami Haruki’s “Hear the Wind Sing”. She said she liked the indifferent and calm style of Haruki’s writing. In that coldness, there’s sincerity and somehow, a sense of forlornness as well. Recently, she’s reading Ekuni Kaori’s “Falling into the Evening”. Compared to spectacular blockbusters, she prefers trivial and mundane books.

What kind of image does IU want to portray in her 20s?

There may be many readers of Young Samsung in their 20s who would look at celebrities like IU and think “if only I were that successful…” To be honest, IU, who debuted at a young age and became a popular star doesn’t have to worry about her grades or squeezing through the narrow door to land herself a career. What does she herself think of her same-aged peers around her then?

“When I meet up with my middle school friends occasionally, they are all preparing to get themselves a job. To me, getting a job sounded like adult vocabulary, so to think that my peers are already preparing for their future careers, I felt that before we knew it, everyone was already turning adult. Except for me, as my consciousness seems to have stopped at high school.”  

When I asked her if she still feels like a young girl, she replied sounding like someone who has been through a completely different life from others. “If I were to try applying for a job, I feel like I won’t be able to do as well as my peers. So when I look at my friends in their 20s, I always think they’re amazing, and I want to cheer them on.” To support her friends who were taking the college entrance exams, she gave out rice cake and led the way in finding one’s own path in life.

The star who’s always communicating with her fans, IU

She has pure and adorable looks, amazing vocals represented by her 3-level high note and can convey emotions through her voice, but the reason that IU receives all this love today is that she’s always ‘as one with her fans’. Unlike other stars, she’s undeterred by her own popularity and works hard to bring herself down to the same level as her fans. In fact, you can often find her leaving comments on her official fancafe ‘Uaena’.

IU’s comments which has become a hot topic on the Internet.

Just from looking at the content of the comments, it doesn’t seem like a celebrity talking to her fans but close friends having fun with one another.

IU doesn’t keep a distance because she’s a celebrity and communicates naturally with her fans. When I asked her about this secret of hers, she laughed bashfully as she replied.

“Secret? It’s just… I really don’t have a wall between my fans and I. So it really feels like we’re friends. They don’t make me feel pressured or look up to me extremely. We’re really comfortable with one another, sometimes treating each other coldly, sometimes warmly. I’m always grateful to have fans like that. As our relationship isn’t exactly that of a singer and her fans, but like friends who understand one another throughout my entertainment career, so when I’m feeling lonely, they give me a lot of strength. So I really want to do what I can to repay them.”

IU is famous for being a ‘fan pabo’ who takes care of her fans really well. Last October, as the recording for ‘Inkigayo’ and live performance for ‘M Countdown’ overlapped, fans had to wait for long hours and IU treated them to army stew for dinner. During the 4th anniversary since her debut, she wrote a message letter by letter on each cactus to form the message, “I can’t guarantee ‘forever’ for the fans who have always been supporting me that I’m grateful towards, but in the time we spend together, let’s always be happy. I love you guys.”

From the ‘thank you’s that she keeps saying during the interviews, her image doesn’t seem to be created from the broadcasts or the media, but from her own mental attitude. Her innocent image of always cherishing what she has makes her shine even brighter.

I’ll become an IU who works ‘like a cow

Half of the year 2014 has passed. As everyone was making new year resolutions at the start of the year, what kind of plans did IU have for herself?

“At the start of the year, I hoped for no accidents, to be able to sing a lot and do the things I want, just normal stuff like that. Now that half the year has passed, I feel like 2014 is different from other years. Umm… How should I put this? Shall I say it’s a really good year for me? Anyway, I’m hoping to spend the second half of the year really fruitfully. There are many things I want to do, so it’s hard to summarise them, but I’m really working hard to craft my plans so do look forward to them. Really, I plan to work ‘like a cow’ until my fans tell me to stop.

IU’s message to Samsung readers, ‘Always stay healthy, I’ll become an IU who works like a cow in 2014’.

A sweet gift for IU who always communicates with her fans. IU smiling upon receiving the unexpected gift. 

-cut long story followed by more photos. I guess the guy got tired of writing keke- 

Translated by squishy with love  
Source

@nikki89
Re:  reply June 29, page 358, Sketchbook performance "About Romance" etc.

Again, much thanks!  I transcribed the lyrics for "About Romance" and "Walk With Me, Girl" the next day, and then there was a massive set of new postings to read, and I have to do my own work, so this note is late.

It is interesting reading the dialog translations.  I expect they are basically equally correct.  Within the limits of subtitles, which have to be brief and fairly easy to read, a lot of differences can be expected.  I think "Squishy's" work seems to be a bit more literal.

IU dreams coming true. IU featured in G.O.D new album out 8th July. The song is called 노래 불러줘요. She sings about 30% of it.

Ah~~~~ really really happy that IU hardwork is paying off. So many sunbae collaborating with her. :x

Just thought that if anyone is interested in the full concert audio for 7 out of 8 IU small scale concerts. They can find it in

https://mega.co.nz/#F!Y0IjmILC!JJStP1m1my2XPxpvaw6mGQ

Missing 140531. Let me know if you find it. I really want to hear the guest sing...

nikki89 said: IU dreams coming true. IU featured in G.O.D new album out 8th July. The song is called 노래 불러줘요. She sings about 30% of it. Ah~~~~ really really happy that IU hardwork is paying off. So many sunbae collaborating with her. :x