Mountain Equipment Co-op

cdee

(MEC)
Hello all,

I am recently thinking about getting a backpack for school from MEC but i am not 100% sure about it yet.

I was wondering if anyone here has a bag from there and know if the quaility is as good as they say.

I am wondering about any pros and cons you guys may have?

And is it comfortable? Like would it cause you back problems O_O

please and thank you. :sweatingbullets:

Guest xsmitten

I've heard that they are super durable. My cousin kept telling me to get one, but I'm not a backpack person (more into totes).

Guest masala_chai_tea

Extremely durable and highly recommended. I'm sure their regular rucksacks are probably the same quality as the backpacker versions and purses. My sisters have used both for about ten years and they're still standing the test of time. One of my sisters backpacked through Europe for four months with her rucksack in 2000 and had no problems with it; I just went backpacking with the same bag this year for 5 weeks and had zero issues with it. Good luck! :)

Guest aurora_stone

I hightly recommend their backpacks. Any other backpacks I get don't last me more than a year cause I treat it very badly, but I've had a MEC backpack for 3 years of university and after I graduated, I gave it to my mom and she's been using it for at least one year already. No rips no nothing

It's great!

Archived