Best Korean Drama Of All Time?

Guest dontstopdamusiq

Guest qwerty_u

"My Name Is Kim Sam Soon"

50% of Korea tuned in for the last episode...

That says it all

can't argue with that!

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sarangf

can't argue with that!

well. how about First love (1996). more than 65% of korean tune in for that drama.

Guest qwerty_u

well. how about First love (1996). more than 65% of korean tune in for that drama.

can't argue with that either, but was it recognize internationally? I wouldn't know, I'm not from Korea.

Guest see-T

MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON

this is the first korean drama that caught me up..

very realistic and hilarious..

plus the combination of the very best couple on&off screen..

and the second will definitely be THE CITY HALL :lol:

gookie is so macho!!mi rae is so sweet!!~~out of topic,cant help it :P (currently in "gumi" world)

Guest mookie

I have watched a bit of First Love, it's a well done drama, but ratings is not everything. It's almost like saying M.A.S.H. is the best thing ever which I cant agree on that. That said, MNIKSS did have a combination of factors working for her: it had undeniably sweeping ratings considering this day and age when live TV programming is no longer the main staple of entertainment. It also had a very current and relevant social commentary laced in. And yes, it's Internationally recognized. I just think for sth that is still so loved for its high quality in writing, directing and acting both by Koreans and non-Koreans alike, does left little to argue IF we are even attempting.

This is a discussion that is going to go nowhere.... we all have diff preferences. ;) But yes, it'll always be mnikss for me. If we're looking at any one facet of it, it may not win all votes, but for one drama to evoke all these praises in so many facets, it's hard to beat.

Guest marissu

best drama!!! only one :mellow: ... I love ALL ABOUT EVE it was the first one I saw, uhmmm SPRING WALTZ , FULL HOUSE, STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN.... and a lot more.... POWERFUL OPPONENTS i like that drama

any drama recommended????

Guest goodnessgracious

Mine has to be Hong Gil Dong. It is such a powerful drama. It made me laugh, it made me cry and it made me think. It was amazing the way Hong Gil Dong transformed from a romantic comedy in the beginning into a serious political drama in the middle and into a tragedy in the end. I loved every second of it. Kang Ji Hwan is simply brilliant.

Guest fashionfreak

Can't choose one, so mine would be:

1. Stairway to heaven (so classic, i can watch a thousand times & never get sick of it; OST is great too! :rolleyes: )

2. My Name is Kim Sam Soon (swoon-worthy HYUN BIN!! ;) )

3. On Air (OST and plot fits perfectly; love the Song yun-ah & Park yong ha coupling)

4. Goong (need i say more :lol: )

5. Lovers in Paris (such an original plot)

Guest kimdaiphong

my favourites :

1/MY NAME IS KIM SAM SOON. it's the best FOREVER

2/THE LAST SCANDAL OF MY LIFE.

3/9 END 2 OUTS.

I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE CITYHALL, I THINK IT IS GOING TO BECOME THE SECOND FAV

mine is definitely JEWEL in the PALACE (Dae Jang Geum)

i don't like period dramas but Jewel in the Palace got me hooked. :D

I'm going to say Boys Over Flowers :lol:

BOF is seriously one of the funniest dramas I have ever watched, has cute guys (HAHA!), and I just loved the gorgeous scenery and buildings they used.

I, personally, wish there is BOF 2 hahaha.

Guest Heaven2100

welll the first korean drama that I saw was Kim Sam Soon... so of course i love it..!!!! My First love.. and the series that got me into Korea...:D

FULL HOUSE!!!! I fell in love with rain...!!:) great drama great plot... great acting... everything great!!!

Coffee Prince... I have nothing to say..!!!!! Gong yoo.... Is amazing... and i don't really love eun hye... but she is a great actress!

which star did she come from?- great drama... sad drama but really light and easy to watch

Time between dog and wolf.... LEE JUN KI!!! ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS IN KOREA in my opinion... the first drama that I really cried and really touched me.... a really difficult drama but so real...!

A love to killl.... Rain killed me here.... and HE IS ONE OF THE BEST ACTORS IN KOREA TOo..!!!! i will never forget this drama...the best acting....!!!!!! and this is the second drama that I really cried almost every episode... the ost song there is just touching and i cry everytime i listen to this song!

Goong... the first 5 episodes were pretty boring... but overall really good drama...

but i only have started to watch korean drama... and i saw here what do you think the best... so i will go and watch!!!!

Guest ashleesimpson

I dont know about the ratings but these are dramas which I cant forget

these old dramas like

1. street king( cha in pyo+ song yoon ah)

2. All about eve

3. My Girl

4. Goong

Mine has to be Hong Gil Dong. It is such a powerful drama. It made me laugh, it made me cry and it made me think. It was amazing the way Hong Gil Dong transformed from a romantic comedy in the beginning into a serious political drama in the middle and into a tragedy in the end. I loved every second of it. Kang Ji Hwan is simply brilliant.

^^i second that. :)

HONG GIL DONG...hands down.

i've never loved the male lead as much as i loved gil dong.

Guest kashermieece02

Autumn Tale

Stairway to Heaven

Winter Sonata

Goong

Kim Sam Soon

Jumong

The Snow Queen

Full House

Boys Over Flowers

All About Eve

Archived