• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaysonessence

this drama is GREAT! i love it! :D

especially when JANG nara with the princess :D

good laugh! :D

Guest dieulinh

i started watching it after reading the first post, i'm on ep 10 now and quite enjoy it . It was fun to watch only the fighting scenes were obviously not very effective. It was viet dub, and i didn't know Alec Su by this name but a viet translation name :P. it's quite long though, looking forward to a happy ending :D

i'm quite amazed that the actors and actress can act together very well while speaking completely different languages :lol:

Guest SimplyKel

i started watching it after reading the first post, i'm on ep 10 now and quite enjoy it . It was fun to watch only the fighting scenes were obviously not very effective. It was viet dub, and i didn't know Alec Su by this name but a viet translation name :P. it's quite long though, looking forward to a happy ending :D

i'm quite amazed that the actors and actress can act together very well while speaking completely different languages :lol:

waaaaaah they already have it dubbed in viet??

omg what's the title in viet? :w00t:

Guest simpli_smile

Yeah..I'm currently watching this drama too! Jang Nara is so cute & funny. Alec Su is a great king! I am kind of hooked on this drama, its entertainning, funny & romantic.^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest asian_love2788

I finally finished this, i love it so much. she's so funny with alec su. They'd be a good couple but i read somewhere that jang nara acts really childish so alec consider's her like a little sis. :tears:

I love the part when they found out she was a princess, her reaction was priceless.

Guest meilin

I didn't know that was Jang Nara! Before I only saw that poster and not the rest of the pics and I swear she looks so much like Barbie Xu there, so I was like sweet another Barbie Xu drama. This would be interesting to see, but I don't think there are any english subs out so I'll pass. =/

I agree...Jang Nara look like Barbie Xu in Chinese Ghost Story.

Guest ti_na

i love this series hehe.

i watch it viet dub.. finished it like 3 weeks ago.

i get bored and re-watch a few episodes on YOUTUBE

the vietnamese dub version is uploaded.

Guest xingjing

Okay. This... storyline.

Is totally plagiarized. I mean, as far as the synopsis goes.

There was, several years back, a drama called Huai Yu Gong Ju, Princess Huai Yu. Let me just name some of the few similarities. 1) Huai Yu is the daughter of a general. 2) Huai Yu is also really a princess from the previous dynasty and is part of a plan some rebels have for overthrowing the emperor. 3) Huai Yu also cross-dresses and while beating some people up, meets the emperor who is hiding his identity. 4) Huai Yu also falls in love with the emperor and vice versa.

I don't NEED to continue.

But, besides the point that they PLAGIARIZED (!!!!), I think that the cast is... meh. I mean Su Youpeng, a.k.a Alec Su, always does these kind of roles. And he's almost ALWAYS paired with the Korean girls. Like, Chaerim, for example.

Warriors of the Yang Clan was SO depressing. I cried.

You know all of these dramas have the same... touch to it.

However, the PLAGIARISM... @)$(#&@($

I must say, Huai Yu Gong Ju turned out to be pretty depressing. Like, I cried. It had some K-drama moments in it and it was SO FRUSTRATIN' sometimes, at least the love between the emperor and Huai Yu. Ah.

• 1 month later...
Guest ShookiJole

i adore this movie so much! jangy rock!!!! it mak me so happy tat this movie is so well happy? like problem solve so easily but funny but anyway nutin bad about tat cos i hecka enjoy it! JANG NARA in this movie is my hero! LOV HER!

Okay. This... storyline.

Is totally plagiarized. I mean, as far as the synopsis goes.

There was, several years back, a drama called Huai Yu Gong Ju, Princess Huai Yu. Let me just name some of the few similarities. 1) Huai Yu is the daughter of a general. 2) Huai Yu is also really a princess from the previous dynasty and is part of a plan some rebels have for overthrowing the emperor. 3) Huai Yu also cross-dresses and while beating some people up, meets the emperor who is hiding his identity. 4) Huai Yu also falls in love with the emperor and vice versa.

I don't NEED to continue.

But, besides the point that they PLAGIARIZED (!!!!), I think that the cast is... meh. I mean Su Youpeng, a.k.a Alec Su, always does these kind of roles. And he's almost ALWAYS paired with the Korean girls. Like, Chaerim, for example.

Warriors of the Yang Clan was SO depressing. I cried.

You know all of these dramas have the same... touch to it.

However, the PLAGIARISM... @)$(#&@($

I must say, Huai Yu Gong Ju turned out to be pretty depressing. Like, I cried. It had some K-drama moments in it and it was SO FRUSTRATIN' sometimes, at least the love between the emperor and Huai Yu. Ah.

after reading your post, i read a little up on huai yu gong zhu...you're right, the storyline of bratty princess seems to be copied directly from the storyline of huai yu.

however, i've seen so many remakes of asian tv shows that it doesn't really bother me if the storyline is strikingly similar, bratty princess is still enjoyable regardless. :)

p.s. there is a fansub group for "bratty princess" now, you can find their subs available at d-addicts! :D

Guest s3rene

I didn't like this series. Jang Na Ra's outfits are ugly, excluding the yellow one she wore near the end. Overall, I don't see any chemistry between Alec Su and her.

• 3 months later...
Guest casiana21

Bratty Princess (刁蛮公主)

Starring: Jang Nara, Alec Su

Number of episodes: 30

Basic Summary:

Si Tu Jing (Jang Nara) is the mischievous daughter of the country's leading general. Bored of her luxurious life, she assumes the identity of "Little Lobster", cross-dressing as a man to make a living for herself on the streets. Despite her mischievousness, Si Tu Jing is a good person at heart and steals money from the rich only to buy grain to feed the poor; her adorable and sassy personality is often the cause of many funny moments along the way. The emperor (Alec Su), who witnessed one of "Little Lobster’s” acts, was impressed by his kindness. The two become good friends, both unaware of each other's true identities (and genders). The series continues on, with many supporting characters, who all have their own plot lines and problems. Add in to the fact that Si Tu Jing is actually the surviving princess from the previous dynasty, and a group of rebels plan on dethroning the emperor in place of the princess- the series never has the time to drag. :)

There's a lot more to the series, but I've never been good at summarizing. :blush:

Pictures:

b5f3c2f9b9abd6f7d5c5c4c8c0ad2c.jpg

050622042as.jpg

05122315732314575135716ym.jpg

Has anyone else watched this series? I looked through the entire board and couldn't find a thread on it, so I started my own. Hope no one minds. :sweatingbullets:

Still in the process of watching this (I'm currently on episode 11). I'm usually a sucker for romantic comedies and I also really like historic dramas-a combination of both is always a plus.

I think this is the first Chinese drama that Jang Nara has acted in, and for a series that mixes different languages, all the actors mesh well with each other. Alec Su and Jang Nara have chemistry together, and they also sing an awesome theme song together. :D

Haha, so check out this drama: hope you won't be disappointed. If nothing else, take a listen to the theme song. It's one of the reasons why I like this series as much as I do: I love the main song. (I currently have it on loop in iTunes). :P

If you want to check it out, search for "Bratty Princess" on youtube, there's some videos for it. And I don't know, if enough people are interested, maybe I'll start uploading my episodes as well. ;)

Yes, I would love to see this drama can you please upload all episodes on Youtube? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I watched this whole series on youtube.

I like JangNara, very cute in her girl-y clothes, but not so in the crossdress ones.

But I must say, the clothes sucks in this series. It's more like stuff from victoria's secrets than from traditional china.

Archived