Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

class="content-title"Highlights: “My Lovely Girl” Episodes 14, 15, and 16 (Final)

November 7, 2014

Source:soompi

Highlights: “My Lovely Girl” Episodes 14, 15, and 16 (Final)

This week we had three episodes to wrap up “My Lovely Girl”, and the ending was just about what you’d expect, in ways both good and bad. Songs are sung, fathers are disapproving, time is jumped, and dogs with cancer are not miraculously cured (sob).

These were my five favorite scenes from episodes 14, 15, and 16 of “My Lovely Girl”:

1. Shi Woo’s public confession

I didn’t love the fall-out of Shi Woo’s on-air declaration of love, but I did really like the scene itself. Yes, it was both stupid and inconsiderate from a PR standpoint, but it also illustrated everything I love about the character—his impulsiveness and genuine sincerity. He didn’t confess his love thinking that Se Na would be forced into fake-dating him; he did it because when he was asked what kind of woman he loved, he could only tell the truth. Even understanding that this was a bad move for an idol, I can’t help but love it.

my lovely girl 14:15:16 l final

2. Dal Bong at the beach

I hesitate to call this a “favorite” scene, but I can’t deny how moved I was by Dal Bong’s last minutes. In fact, I was downright heartbroken—I cried right along with Hyun Wook as it became clear that Dal Bong was gone forever. I sometimes have trouble connecting with the human characters on this drama, but Dal Bong owned my heart from the first episode on. Now if you’ll excuse me, I think I have to go cry some more.

my lovely girl 14:15:16 dal bong final

3. Dad isn’t a cheater

So I wasn’t exactly dying from curiosity as to the resolution of this storyline, but it was still nice to finally find out that Hyun Wook’s dad was helping out the former-trainee single mom because he felt responsible for what happened to her, even though he wasn’t the father of her baby. It’s a relief to know the old man was decent after all.

my lovely girl 14:15:16 group final

4. A year without Se Na turns Hyun Wook into a jerk

I don’t think that the time jump really accomplished a lot in terms of the plot, but I got a huge kick out of Hyun Wook, bitter radio-show host. It was a welcome reminder that Rain can be incredibly funny.

my lovely girl 14:15:16 rain final

5. CEO Shin Hae Yoon

What a wonderful surprise it was to see that Hae Yoon finally had something nice happen to her after 15 episodes of unrequited love and misery. There’s no doubt in my mind that she deserved to become the CEO of AnA—she was consistently good at and dedicated to her job. Good for her!

my lovely girl 14:15:16 cha ye ryun final

Overall Thoughts and Feelings

Now that “My Lovely Girl” is over, I don’t know how I feel. The thing is, I enjoyed watching it. It’s a fun, low-key show—perfect for a sickday marathon, for example. The tone is breezy, the acting is variable but generally pretty good (Rain being the real standout), and there are no glaring missteps.

But I can’t help feeling that the whole of this drama was much less than the sum of its parts. The beginning wasn’t drastically better than the end, but it did set up a world that was much broader than the one the drama ended up inhabiting—in terms of characters, but also just in terms of stories. Remember the time that Hyun Wook had tinnitus for an episode, and that’s why he couldn’t write songs any more (and it was so bad that he nearly drove off the road)? Yeah, neither does the drama. What about Ra Eum, the girl that Shi Woo had a crush on? She disappeared by episode eight. Even Jae Young ended up being a toothless villain, and I can’t help but feel that Kim Jin Woo was utterly wasted in the role (seriously—he was such a dynamic presence in “Queen In Hyun’s Man”, but he had none of that here). There was a set-up for a really bustling, exciting drama.

What we got instead was 13 episodes of our hero lying through his teeth, a supporting cast that was mostly ignored (remember the time that Hoya was in this drama?), and an episode 16 that was basically all filler. It’s that last part that annoys me the most. Having Hyun Wook’s dad come in at the last minute to tear the happy couple apart for literally no reason made it so obvious that the writer was completely out of ideas, and it made me really stop caring about what happened.

All of this makes it seem like I hated “My Lovely Girl”—but I didn’t! As I was watching it, I had a lot of fun. It’s only now that it’s over and I’m thinking about the drama as a whole that I start to have these negative thoughts about it. I don’t regret watching it, but I do wish that it had been better.

Let us know how you felt about the ending of “My Lovely Girl” in the comments below!

141108 Rain @ twitter

cr. scorpiola@rain-cloud

RAIN @29rain ·
오늘부터 로수홍안 홍보 시작이요 ... 드라마 끝나자마자 ~ http://instagram.com/p/vH0aQTpSgs/

10748343_677651579009076_1184910737_n.jp

RAIN @29rain ·
방금 사진 게시 http://instagram.com/p/vH0tFIJSjU/

10747935_859369960761096_1291462538_n.jp

--------------------------------------------

141106 Rain with My Lovely Girl crew @ wrap up party

Credit: chanbin_s

고생하셧습니당 

10808924_781508685245655_1101035215_n.jp

Kim Ki Bang, Cha Ye Ryun, Kim Jin Woo, and Gong Seung Yeon say their goodbyes to 'My Lovely Girl'

Nov. 7, 2014

Source:allkpop

Kim Ki Bang shared on his Instagram on the 7th, "You've worked so so hard!! Our Shi Woo, Myung Soo, and our Se Na Soo Jung!! As much as they are handsome and pretty, they are dongsengs who live up to their faces!! I am very glad that I got to know you guys^^ Even if it not might be often, let's update and see each other from time to time!! I will support you!! INFINITE f(x)!! Forever~~~~~~^^ #JungSooJung #SeNa #Krystal #KimKiBang #YooSangBong #KimMyungSoo #ShiWoo #L #MyLovelyGirl #FinaleParty."

Cha Ye Ryun also shared, "Although I'm going to miss it, I also feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders. Because the atmosphere on set was so good, I was always able to laugh while filming... I want to say that the entire cast and staff have done a good job."

Kim Jin Woo shared through his agency, "As much as I got cursed at for being a bad guy while living as Seo Jae Young, I was able to enjoy filming, knowing that I left a strong impression on viewers. I want to say thanks to the entire staff and co-stars for helping me to become an even more villainous Seo Jae Young with laughs and encouragement amidst the tight schedule. I worked with really good people. I think that will be the most precious memory [from this experience]. Also, I sincerely thank the viewers who was with 'My Lovely Girl' until the end. As I leave Seo Jae Young and return as actor Kim Jin Woo, I will work harder to show a better image."

Gong Seung Yeon shared on her Facebook on the 7th, "The drama 'My Lovely Girl' has finished!ㅠㅠ It was a very meaningful production that opened the door to my acting career~ I will greet you with a better image so please cheer me on^^ You've all worked hard, and thank you!"

imageimage

14-11-08 Rain @ Shanghai Airport_Arrival

credit 乖乖阿琳琳

c1%2840%29.jpg

c2%2822%29.jpg

---------------------------------------

14-11-08 Rain in Shanghai

credit Von纭纭纭

《露水红颜》hi ~长腿oppa~rain 

s1%2829%29.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

141108 Rain @ 《露水紅顏》9For Love or Money)Press Conference in Shanghai

Credit: as tagged

693ad074jw1em3lbj95ctj20dc0hsdhk.jpg

693ad074jw1em3lbkxuvwj20dc0hstal.jpg

693ad074jw1em3lbn25bnj20dc0hs0v5.jpg

Added episode 14 captures for the Korean drama 'My Lovely Girl

Nov. 7, 2014

photo517911.jpg

Added episode 14 captures for the Korean drama "My Lovely Girl" (2014)

Directed by Park Hyeong-gi

Written by No Ji-seol

Network : SBS

With Rain, Krystal, Cha Ye-ryeon, L, Kim Jin-woo, Park Yeong-gyoo,...

16 episodes - Wed, Thu 22:00
Formerly known as "Song For You" (송 포 유, song po yoo) and also known as "My Lovable Girl" and "She's So Lovable"
Synopsis
A drama about Hyeon Wook, a man who loses his lover in an accident and falls madly in love with his dead lover's sister.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2014/09/17

photo517910.jpg

More

Source : www.hancinema.net/kor...

[Drama Review] 'My Lovely Girl' - Episode 16 (FINALE)

Krystal-L-Rain_1415379782_af.jpg

MY LOVELY GIRL - EPISODE 16 (FINALE)

ikVM1P77SzkOk.jpg
The OTP, together again

Hyun Wook
plays his song for Se Na. They exchange confessions of love and embrace. The next day, when he comes home from work, he finds Se Na gone and a "Dear Hyun" letter. A year passes and Shi Woo is back from overseas promotions, Hae Yoon is the President of ANA, and Hyun Wook is a top-flight songwriter again, as well as co-DJ on a radio show where he dispenses musical advice. Jae Young's company is in financial trouble, and Hyun Wook tells him he should've stuck to writing songs. Later, on Hyun Wook's recommendation, they extend an offer of hire to Jae Young as songwriter. Hyun Wook meets with his dad, this time a less stressful meeting; his stepmom intends to become a singer and wants her stepson to write a song for her. Se Na heads back to Seoul and goes to see her friend Joo Hong, who is now pregnant. Her husband, Gong Chul, is Shi Woo's manager.

ibcKkTWzVQc4EW.jpg
Hae Yoon plays schoolmarm to a couple of little boys.

Se Na and Hyun Wook meet twice and fight twice about the choices she made. Shi Woo finds out she is back and he goes to meet with her. He reads her the same riot act as Hyun Wook, but not so coldly. He asks her to write songs for him, but she replies she has her life to live. Hyun Wook talks things over with his friend, Sung Jin, who suggests that if he's done being mad, he should tell her he wants her back. He proposes using music to woo her. Hyun Wook invents situations to give him an excuse to call her up. The first time he gets her over there, his father and Hae Yoon show up just as he is about to tell her how he feels. The second time is a grand gesture, two keyboards facing each other with a huge bouquet of flowers in the middle, but by the time he sets it up, she's decided to head back early. He uses his spot on the radio program to talk to her directly, tells her to stay wherever she's at. He finds her and takes her into a lover's embrace.

imTX0lmxl7na2.jpg
Hyun Wook's father and stepmom, happy together

MY TAKE
I'm a bit confused. Not that I didn't enjoy it, but why all this? Why break them apart just to get them back together again? It seemed like the writers were reaching. So they fought tooth and nail to be together, on again, off again, and on yet again, and then Se Na leaves, even though she loves him. The "I will burden you" card seems much more about her than him. Yes, Hyun Wook's life changed, he moved forward, he's doing what he is supposed to be doing, but wouldn't it have been better with her in his life?

in8FewhVL288K.jpg
Setting up his grand gesture

That said, I loved the little things that Hyun Wook did to see her again. I laughed when he faked losing his pen and accused her of moving it to get her over to his place. I smiled when he set up the two keyboards facing each other (with the bouquet in the middle), so they both could participate in the song he wrote for her. That's one thing I can say about the show. If nothing else, it is pretty funny. Everything from over the top antics from characters like Kang Tae Min and Shi Woo's former manager to warm, fuzzy, chuckle-worthy moments with Se Na and Hyun Wook.

ibbrfBWbYf04q4.jpg
K-pop Mama

There were quite a few plot threads they left dangling that could have spiced up some of the episodes and gave them more heft. We never see if Jae Young is actually able to swallow his pride and accept the offer to write songs for ANA. We never hear if Hyun Wook's K-Pop mama actually hits the big time. We never figure out if Hyun Wook, Se Na, or the both of them will be writing songs for Shi Woo. And other characters like Rae Hoon, Ra Eum, and Mi Na were gone in the first handful of episodes, never to be heard from again. I would have liked a little more closure than "Se Na and Hyun Wook are together again, thanks."

ibmEWWAEUSR6jG.jpg
Hyun Wook as DJ

All in all, it wasn't a bad series, it just suffered from too many tropes and not enough oomph. I'm not sure the writers knew what they intended to convey a lot of times, and I think that weakened the characters somewhat. You had kind of a spineless Hyun Wook, an odd shipping, a threat to the relationship in Shi Woo that was really no threat at all, and a bunch of unresolved things. With that out of the way, I thought the actors did a great job with the material they were given. Kudos go to L, Rain, and Krystal for carrying this series. It seemed to be pretty popular, so we may actually be seeing these guys in other dramas soon. Thanks for watching with me, guys! I'm really enjoying your comments, too. What did you guys think of the show overall, now that the finale has aired?

Source:allkpop

Videos

[Fancam]14-11-08  Rain @ For Love or Money Meet with The Stars Event in Shanghai

CREDIT @MagiC小起 

http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:612cdcb9ebc30901b423ba0a54977c0c

credit 莲铭/ratoka@rain-cloud

http://www.56.com/u37/v_MTI5NzI1ODQy.html

------------------------------------

[Youku]14-11-08 Rain @ For Love or Money Press Conference Shanghai

credit 优酷全娱乐/ratoka

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODIyNjczODg0.html

class="single__title entry-title"Rain reveals he forgot the lines to his script after being struck by Liu Yifei’s beauty

Nov. 9, 2014

Source:koreaboo

Rain-and-Liu-Yifei.jpg

With the release of Rain‘s upcoming Chinese film, Roots of Dew, nearing on the 11th, the South Korean celebrity admitted to have forgotten his script lines after becoming so disconcerted by the beauty of his Chinese co-star, Liu Yifei.

At the screening of Roots of Dew in Beijing, China on November 7th, South Korean singer and actor Rain, along with top Chinese celebrities Liu Yifei (also known as Crystal Liu), Wang Xuebing, Andy On, and director Gao Xixi, were present at the press conference that was held at the scene.

According to Sina, a popular Chinese media outlet, Rain talked about his very first impression of his Roots of Dew co-star, Liu Yifei. In which,  he stated, “I was extremely flustered when I first met [Liu Yifei]. All the Chinese lines I had devoted all my time into memorizing and practiced really hard for drew a complete blank the moment I saw her face.”

Rain continued to speak as he showed his appreciation, “However, I was able to easily and successfully finish the first day’s filming thanks to Yifei’s constant help.

Roots of Dew is a mellow Chinese film set to hit theaters on November 11th.

10804_1579193642302575_30437801143378479

10616503_1579147725640500_52995581713935

Source: My Daily

141108 Letv_《露水红颜》超长制作特辑 ('For Love or Money' Making Special)

Credit: letv/scorpiola

http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/21127544.html

-------------------------------------

141108 中天新聞 CTI_韓男神專業戶?劉亦菲、Rain同台飆戲 ('For Love or Money' Press Conference in Beijing) 

Credit: 中天電視/scorpiola

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSPetLhTDkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSPetLhTDkw

class="post-title entry-title" itemprop="name"Rain attends screening of his upcoming Chinese film 'Roots of Dew'

, November 09, 2014 

Source:dkpopnews:

Roots%2Bof%2BDew.jpg
Rain uploaded the photo above on his Instagram.
On the photo, he was with his co-stars in his upcoming Chinese film, 'Roots of Dew.' He took a photo with Liu Yifei (aka Crystal Liu), Wang Xuebing, Andy On and director Gao Xixi. The photo was taken during the screening of the film.
'Roots of Dew' will premiere on November 11th.
written by: loveluytakyo@dkpopnews.net SOURCE: Rain IG