Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

class="title"[images] Rain check: Books, magazines, and newspapers, oh my. :)

by Stephe@Cloud USA on September 15, 2013.

We’ve seen Rain in many textbooks up to this point, haven’t we? Here he is in yet another Korean children’s tome, Korean History Shown in Figures textbook (교과서에 나오는 한국사 인물). The book is 168 pages, with over 100 notable people from the Three Kingdoms Era (King Dae JoYoung, Queen Seondeok, etc.), the Goryeo Dynasty, the Chosun Dynasty (King Sejong the Great, etc.), the time of Japanese occupation, and modern day South Korea. Of course, Rain is one of the 34 figures listed under modern day South Korea. He shares a page with champion figure skater Kim YuNa and award-winning pianist Lee HeeAh, who found great success despite severe physical challenges.  ^@@^ (Images: Cloud USA)

KoreanHistoryShownInFigures_CUSA

KoreanHistoryShownInFiguresRain_CUSA

KoreanHistoryShownInFigures2_CUSA

13-09-15 Rain @ hakata port international terminal

credit:ratoka@rain-cloud.co.kr

source : http://blog.goo.ne.jp/michi1108/e/a05038bb4ce23367373187135675732a

terry0625 twitter
[직찍-2] RAIN(비) 130915 하카타항 국제 터미널 - 까~악 어깨신 비느님 뒤태!!♥ http://twitpic.com/ddlqm5

a1%2823%29.jpg

a2%2819%29.jpg

From Rain비- Cloud America

According to our Cloud Sister, Ngoc Lam ... The pics taken when he and his friends were on their way back to Korea after taking a short vacation in Fukuoka, Japan since Friday night. ^_^

Please read English translation @http://rainslittlecloud.blogspot.ro/2013/09/in-rainiverse-things-happened-on.html

A beautiful tribute to Rain.  =D> :-bd

class="articletitle"K-pop Face Off: JYP Entertainment vs. Cube Entertainment

September 15, 2013

Which agency would you want to be an artist under? JYPE just released their agency's official photo featuring our favorite JYPE artists, and it got me thinking on whether I would want to be a part of JYP or their competitor, Cube? Let's take a look at who's under who and which agency you'd like to be a part of!

Cube Entertainment was founded in 2006 by duo power team, Simon Hong who used to be the former president of JYP Entertainment and Monica Shin. JYPE and Cube have a close relationship and their subsidiary company is A-Cube Entertainment which was started up in 2011.

102472.jpg

Cube Entertainment's musical rockstars include some of the biggest names in K-pop including 4Minute, Beast, Rain, and G.NA. A-Cube's artists are Huh Gak and A Pink while Cube DC's line-up consists of BtoB, Roh Ji Hoon and M4M. Their biggest girl group, hands down, is 4Minute who is comprised of HyunA, Jihyun, Gayoon, Jiyoon, and Sohyun. These girls have gone on to receive international praise and success. They have been endorsers for such companies like Ariul Cosmetic, Shoe Marker, Freestyle, Samsung Galazy S III, Talent Cosmetics just to name a few. On top of their commercial success, they've won the Samsung YEPP Rookie Award, Popularity Award, Disk Bonsang, Best Female Group Award, Best Dance Performance for a Female Group, Song of the Years and loads of other accolades! The biggest male group under Cube is undoubtedly Beast. The six-member boy group have won the Bonsang award at the Seoul Music Awards in both 2011 and 2012. They won the Artist of the Year award at the Melon Music Awards and the Ablum of the Year for "Fiction and Fact" at the Gaon Chart Awards, and the Daesang for Song of the Year for their insanely huge hit, "Fiction." The rest of the groups under Cube are quickly rising up on the charts, gaining fans through tv programs, and becoming commercially successful.

JYP Entertainment was founded in 1997 by the one and only Park Jin Young. His label is considered one of the "big three" in the industry. It's produced some of the biggest hits and artists in Korea to date, and still continues to be one of the most successful agencies.

102473.jpg

JYP Entertainment's roster includes hit groups and solo artists like G.O.D, Wonder Girls, 2AM, 2PM, miss A, Lee Sunmi, Rain, and the veteran himself, Park Jin Young. His biggest female group, hands down, has been the Wonder Girls. Originally comprised of Sunye, Sunmi, Sohee, Yoobin, and Yeeun, the group became a world-wide hit when their single, "Tell Me" caught waves. They went on to become the most popular female girl group in Korea and produced hit after hit. Before 2PM, there was G.O.D who was huge back in the old school days. Nowadays, JYPE's money making machine is 2PM who has captured the hearts of fans all over Asia and overseas. But JY Park's biggest artist of all time has to go to the dancing god that is Rain. Without JY Park, there would be no Rain and without Rain, JYPE wouldn't have become as huge as it did.

So who is it going to be folks? Would you rather be a part of JYPE or Cube?

Source:kpopstarz.com

-------------------------------------------------------

A Rain Collage

3c91301352adb1f0d398bc60bf3f7da4.jpg

credit:as tagged

anjjo said: A beautiful tribute to Rain.  =D> :-bd

class="articletitle"K-pop Face Off: JYP Entertainment vs. Cube Entertainment

September 15, 2013

Which agency would you want to be an artist under? JYPE just released their agency's official photo featuring our favorite JYPE artists, and it got me thinking on whether I would want to be a part of JYP or their competitor, Cube? Let's take a look at who's under who and which agency you'd like to be a part of!

Cube Entertainment was founded in 2006 by duo power team, Simon Hong who used to be the former president of JYP Entertainment and Monica Shin. JYPE and Cube have a close relationship and their subsidiary company is A-Cube Entertainment which was started up in 2011.

Cube Entertainment's musical rockstars include some of the biggest names in K-pop including 4Minute, Beast, Rain, and G.NA. A-Cube's artists are Huh Gak and A Pink while Cube DC's line-up consists of BtoB, Roh Ji Hoon and M4M. Their biggest girl group, hands down, is 4Minute who is comprised of HyunA, Jihyun, Gayoon, Jiyoon, and Sohyun. These girls have gone on to receive international praise and success. They have been endorsers for such companies like Ariul Cosmetic, Shoe Marker, Freestyle, Samsung Galazy S III, Talent Cosmetics just to name a few. On top of their commercial success, they've won the Samsung YEPP Rookie Award, Popularity Award, Disk Bonsang, Best Female Group Award, Best Dance Performance for a Female Group, Song of the Years and loads of other accolades! The biggest male group under Cube is undoubtedly Beast. The six-member boy group have won the Bonsang award at the Seoul Music Awards in both 2011 and 2012. They won the Artist of the Year award at the Melon Music Awards and the Ablum of the Year for "Fiction and Fact" at the Gaon Chart Awards, and the Daesang for Song of the Year for their insanely huge hit, "Fiction." The rest of the groups under Cube are quickly rising up on the charts, gaining fans through tv programs, and becoming commercially successful.

JYP Entertainment was founded in 1997 by the one and only Park Jin Young. His label is considered one of the "big three" in the industry. It's produced some of the biggest hits and artists in Korea to date, and still continues to be one of the most successful agencies.

JYP Entertainment's roster includes hit groups and solo artists like G.O.D, Wonder Girls, 2AM, 2PM, miss A, Lee Sunmi, Rain, and the veteran himself, Park Jin Young. His biggest female group, hands down, has been the Wonder Girls. Originally comprised of Sunye, Sunmi, Sohee, Yoobin, and Yeeun, the group became a world-wide hit when their single, "Tell Me" caught waves. They went on to become the most popular female girl group in Korea and produced hit after hit. Before 2PM, there was G.O.D who was huge back in the old school days. Nowadays, JYPE's money making machine is 2PM who has captured the hearts of fans all over Asia and overseas. But JY Park's biggest artist of all time has to go to the dancing god that is Rain. Without JY Park, there would be no Rain and without Rain, JYPE wouldn't have become as huge as it did.

So who is it going to be folks? Would you rather be a part of JYPE or Cube?

Source:kpopstarz.com

Guest merycote

willenette

said:

*** About the sales table: how realistic are these figures? I don’t understand why Rain is still on the JYP Entertainment financials despite not being part of the company for several years. :( 

class="content-title" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; line-height: normal;"

Extraordinary General Meeting Approves Merger Between JYP Entertainment And JYP

credit : soompi news

merycote said:

willenette

said:

***I guess, this is a little clearer why RAIN is still part of their financial. In 2007, Rain left the management of JYP Entertainment and started his own company, J. Tune Entertainment. In 2010, Park Jin Young took over Rain’s former agency, J.Tune Entertainment which later became a separate agency, JYP. Though JYP Entertainment, which houses Park Jin Young, miss A, Rain and others, is a publicly traded company, JYP, which is currently home to the Wonder Girls, 2PM, 2AM and others, is not. To make it simple, there are actually two agencies under the name JYP: JYP which is home to Park Jin-young, miss A, and Rain & JYP Ent which manages 2PM, 2AM, and the Wonder Girls.But 2011, before enlisting in the army, Rain increased J.Tunes Company’s capital by issuing new stocks before transferring ownership to JYP Entertainment. Rain’s then-contract with J.Tunes Company expired in October L-)

Nancyzak said:
When I first look up Rain, it is mentioned in many write-ups that his songs are mainly about heartbreaks. I have not heard all his songs, but the one that I like most, so far, is 'I do' as it has light catchy and fun tune, filled with hope and happiness. I hope he does more of such songs, being a man in love now, like Justin Timberlake whose song "Mirror' which was rumoured to be written about his wife, Jessica Biel. Apologies, if I'm a bit carried away here. I just gotta get it off my chest!  ;) :x :\"> :P:D

willenette said: Nancyzak said:
When I first look up Rain, it is mentioned in many write-ups that his songs are mainly about heartbreaks. I have not heard all his songs, but the one that I like most, so far, is 'I do' as it has light catchy and fun tune, filled with hope and happiness. I hope he does more of such songs, being a man in love now, like Justin Timberlake whose song "Mirror' which was rumoured to be written about his wife, Jessica Biel. Apologies, if I'm a bit carried away here. I just gotta get it off my chest!  ;) :x :\"> :P:D

anjjo said: Nancyzak said:
Hi @anjjo,

Obviously the CF was done right after his hair has grown to a respectable degree, as I can still see traces of crew cut at both sides of his head and his face is  still thin. Nevertheless, it is great to know that he is instantly on demand after his release from the MS.  :-bd :D

I was, as usual, checking out ockoala's blog and saw her following article on Rain which is pretty alright. As I had problem in copying, I decided to post the link. There are some negative comments by few commentators (as at the time I posted this article). Skip them or let me know if there is a preference for deletion of this link, for which I shall gladly do so.  ;):D

http://koalasplayground.com/2013/09/16/rain-performs-in-music-festival-in-thailand-for-first-post-military-outing/#more-44590

Nancyzak said: willenette said: Nancyzak said:

@anjjo, @willenette, ....... Have you read that JYP is getting married on 10 October? All I read of him, the last for me before this news, was him posting a pic of him with his pet dog. Well, high time for him to settle down now that he has made so much money and just concluded his company's general meeting to consolidate his businesses. I understand that he wrote his song 'It's only you' for his gf, his bride to be. I read an article of the announcement of his wedding that it will be a family affair only as his bride is a normal person and wants to lead a normal life. Well, if ever Rain is invited, I bet JYP will have his kissing session with his bride to the tune of Rain's 'I do'. Of the three good buddies who sang 'Brother and me', two have 'bitten the dust'. We wait for Rain's turn. ;) :-bd :D

Nancyzak said: @anjjo, @willenette, ....... Have you read that JYP is getting married on 10 October? All I read of him, the last for me before this news, was him posting a pic of him with his pet dog. Well, high time for him to settle down now that he has made so much money and just concluded his company's general meeting to consolidate his businesses. I understand that he wrote his song 'It's only you' for his gf, his bride to be. I read an article of the announcement of his wedding that it will be a family affair only as his bride is a normal person and wants to lead a normal life. Well, if ever Rain is invited, I bet JYP will have his kissing session with his bride to the tune of Rain's 'I do'. Of the three good buddies who sang 'Brother and me', two have 'bitten the dust'. We wait for Rain's turn. ;) :-bd :D