Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Here's To More Korean Talent Starring in Hollywood Movies!

2011/02/12

By Daniel Matthews

Did anyone get a chance to watch the film, "The Warrior's Way"? It was pretty recently released (back in December) and starred Korea's version of Brad Pitt, Jang Dong-gun. Regrettably I missed this film. I was sorely disappointed that I didn't see it, not because I was excited about the latest tale of ninjas and warriors and ninja-like warriors. No, it was because of the fact that this was one of the very few recent opportunities that I would have had the chance to see a Korean actor opposite a Non-Korean actress in a "love interest" type of role on the big screen.

I'll probably rent "The Warrior's Way" when it comes out on DVD or becomes available online, to support the film and see what happens to the characters. But until then, my mind starts swimming with different thoughts. Will this be the start of a larger chain reaction of Korean men playing opposite non-Korean woman in films and TV? Beyond this, could we be seeing more Korean actors start making crossover attempts as well? Not that Korean actors haven't already (Rain in "Ninja Assassin" and Lee Byeong-Heon in "G.I. Joe" come to mind), but maybe it'll start happing a lot more often. Even just once a year would be a nice pace. And, as I type, Taiwanese actor/singer Jay Chou is embodying his inner Bruce Lee, as the supporting lead in the Hollywood film, "The Green Hornet", released in January. Let it continue!

photo152147.jpg

It's important that these types of relationships continue to grow with more Korean (or other Asian-born) actors/actresses being put in starring roles in Hollywood films. Not only does it give younger Asian Americans a chance to see someone relatable on the big screen. It helps educate a broader audience on different types of people, characters and roles. It also puts more attention on that actor's country of origin, which in turn opens more doors for other actors/actresses to make a breakthrough.

photo152148.jpg

With all of the current attention on Korean Pop (K-POP), there's definitely no better time then now for someone to make that crossover. All of the irrefutable power that the supporting K-POP community has (the influence and buying power is insane!) creates the perfect storm of buzz, blogging and financials that make for this opportunity. These K-POP fans are wildly supportive, loyal and have become tastemakers online. As mentioned in a previous post, they've already made other K-POP celebrities winners of some very surprising awards (Jay Park winning a Mashable award and Rain winning Biggest Badass at the latest MTV Movie Awards). If this is happening, it means that there definitely is an audience, an interactive and supportive audience, for these crossovers. The crowd has spoken – let's see what Hollywood does next.

Source : korean-content.com/20... ( English Korean )

Fr.:.hancinema.net/

----------------------------------------

Rain Collage

%E7%84%A1%E9%A1%8C.jpg

Source/credit:rain-cloud co.kr/pipi

The first & second actors won coz their dramas are currently being aired -

Kim Hyun Joong, the most popular Asian star in China

February 12, 2011

*quoted image*

Rain ranked 4th

Various Chinese portal sites like Sohu, Baidu, Google, Sina.com, and others, recently asked their visitors to vote for who they thought was the most popular Asian star.

Kim Hyun Joong won, carrying 3068 (19.2%) votes, probably due to the fact that his most recent drama, “Playful Kiss“, is currently airing in China. While Kim Hyun Joong was popular as part of the group SS501, he didn’t nearly have enough popularity then to beat out the other stars, like Rain and TVXQ, who were on the list. This further supports that Korean dramas still have a great deal of influence in China.

With the results from 2-10, you can see that the drama-popularity trend remains strong, with Song Seung Heon, who’s currently playing the lead in “My Princess”, placing 2nd with 1684 (10.5%) votes, and Girls’ Generation/SNSD’s Yoona at 3rd, with 1259 (7.9%) votes for playing the lead in “You are My Destiny”.

Rain came in 4th place, with 1190 (7.4%) votes; TVXQ’s Yunho came in 5th, with 1148 votes (7.2%); Lee Wan came in 6th place with 991 (6.2%) votes; in 7th place was Lee Seung Gi, with 682 (4.3%) votes; in 8th was Super Junior’s Heechul with 600 (3.7%) votes; 9th was Kim Jung Hoon with 529 (3.3%) votes; and finally, Moon Geun Young with 291 (2.5%) votes.

Source: Sports World via Nate

Fr.:allkpop

pic credit:rainstorm.exblog

Hi anjjo, thanks for sharing this. "The Most Popular Asian Star" (?) - Oh, how come all the names included here were mostly all K-celebrities..... I'm not surprised for KHJ - this isn't only because his drama is currently airing there but he's really that popular in China - He won all kinds of polls in the greater China in the last two years because of BOF. PK didn't do well in Korea but is doing well not only in China but also in Taiwan, HK and Japan. Well, viewer's tastes are different. BTW, I'm happy that RAIN's name is included in this list. :lol:

More cast members join Rain’s Red Scarf

by javabeans | February 12, 2011

*quoted image*

Rain’s new movie Red Scarf, co-starring Shin Se-kyung as his love interest, is beefing up its cast with several new additions: Lee Hana (Triple), Kim Sung-soo (My Precious You), musical and film actor Yoo Joon-sang (Moss), and Secret Garden’s Tae-sun, Lee Jong-seok.

The plot: A volatile North-South situation sets the stage for the blockbuster action-melodrama, in which Rain plays a fighter pilot who takes part in a dangerous mission that includes the bombardment of Pyongyang. Shin Se-kyung is the main lead and his romantic partner, while Lee Jong-seok is confirmed as a pilot and one of Rain’s juniors. Since the film is described as depicting the lives and loves of the fighter pilots who engage in the mission, I’m presuming that the other men are likely to be airmen colleagues, though don’t quote me on that.

Red Scarf is a remake of the 1964 film of the same name (although this movie’s title uses Korean, whereas the old movie’s title was a transliteration of the English). Directing is Kim Dong-won, the director of 2008′s action-crime comedy City of Damnation and a producer on the recent Housemaid remake. The film will employ a cinematography team specializing in aviation shoots, who worked on previous films Sky Fighter and Stealth.

Truth be told, I’m a bit meh on the ladies — they’re all right, but not (imo) all that charismatic — but as for the others… Hot men in uniform? Yes, please!

Red Scarf begins shooting at the end of February.

*quoted image*

Lee Jong-seok

*quoted image*

Kim Sung-soo

*quoted image*

Yoo Joon-sang

Via My Daily, E Daily

Source:dramabeans

anjjo, thanks for sharing this........hmmm........additional cast for the drama. The only cast I'm familiar with is only KSS. This will be their Full House reunion with RAIN. Actually, he has done some dramas after FH but as far as I could remember he’s done at least one project per year. I’m really excited to see KSS in a new project. This man is so unbelievably hot - hehehe. :lol:

*** *** I hope his dream will come true to be well-known & established in the US market. No one can deny his talent. He is, definitely, a person who can't be replaced! Wow, he's going to learn how to play guitar soon. And ye, please continue learning English - don't stop! “I want to dance while wearing a tuxedo on a TV program after I age a lot.” Ye, RAIN do dance a lot still while wearing that tuxedo. He is truly an amazing and a hardworking man that doesn't give up easily! I just want him to stay safe while he is away. I will miss Rain - in the fall. But I'll be waiting patiently for his time to comeback. It's just so sad & bad that he has 2-offers for movies from Hollywood and he can't do them maybe because of lack of time! RAIN FIGHTING! :lol:

Rain discusses current feelings and future plans

20110212215804501.jpg

20110212215804560.jpg

After the ‘62nd Sapporo Snow-K-pop Festival’ finished on February 11th, Rain said, “Stages like today are very fun and feel precious to me.”

After playing ‘Rock Paper Scissors’ with his dancers at dinnertime and downing cool beers as punishment, he said, “My heart has become very light after the New Year,“ regarding last year’s ‘company’s stock dine-and-dash’, as well as ‘gambling accusations’ and other various rumors he went through.

2011 marks his 10th year since his debut and he has also entered his thirties in Korean age.

He laid out busy future plans, saying that he wanted to give his newly thirties self some slack, but meanwhile still wanted to fight as an Asian actor in America after military duties.

Rain was also interviewed at the concert, and you can read that below!

-

Q. “You must have gone through a lot of suffering with many rumors last year.”

Rain: “A person always has specific hardships he/she has to go through. Only the ones who work through all that can become happy. I can endure these kinds of hardships as the plan I have inside is vast.”

Q. “This is the 10th year after your debut in 2002. What kind of challenges have you made?”

Rain: “From one to ten, they were all challenges. If the whole picture is 100, I succeeded about 70 and missed 30. My first dream was taking the #1 spot on a TV music program. Luckily, when I looked back, I had gained a lot of things. As a singer, I accomplished a grand slam in MTV Awards, and I was chosen for America’s ‘Time 100’. Also, as an actor, I’d gotten an award from American ‘MTV Movie Awards’ with my first lead in a Hollywood movie in ‘Ninja Assassin’, and another award from the Berlin International Movie Awards with the movie ‘I’m a Cyborg, but that’s OK’ that I had appeared in. If my twenties were a time I whipped myself on with no sleep, I want to give myself some breathing space in my thirties after my military duties.”

Q. “It looks like Park Jin Young’s JYP Entertainment has become the biggest stock owner of your J.Tune Entertainment, and making you allies again in a way. What’s behind this?”

Rain: “We had just kept the promise between the two of us. We sometimes had talks about achieving our individual dreams and agreeing to do something that would create synergy. I respect Jin Young hyung because of his recognizing of me, a former student of his, as a partner. It’s still hard for me to approve of MBLAQ, who I myself produce for, so there’s still a lot of things I need to learn when I look at him.”

Q. “You’re entering the army around fall.”

Rain: “Before I go into the military, I want to study. I restarted my English and Chinese studies, and I’ll learn how to play the guitar. Of course, I have some regrets. It’s because I’ll be leaving a gap after finally being able to flower in the American market after five years since I started in 2006, when I’d try in America for the first time. Right now, I have two Hollywood movie offers, and I’m sad I won’t be able to do them.”

Q. “What are your plans after getting out of the military?”

Rain: “After finishing my duties, I’m planning to throw myself into the American market. I want to really challenge as an Asian/Korean actor as I reside in America. Recently, there was news of Asian-descent group ‘Far East Movement’ recording 1st place in the Billboard charts, but the possibility of an Asian singer succeeding in America is very low. However, if there’s a famous movie producing company and distributors backing me up, I think it’s possible to try as an actor.”

Q. “What do you think about the idol groups leading the music market these days?”

Rain: “I wonder if I was ‘really an idol’ 10 years back. Haha. People who dance better than me and are hotter than me keep coming out. And people like freshness, so they’ll switch teams often. This is why I like the phrase, ‘Become a person that cannot be replaced’. I want to say to my juniors that if they want to just look back on memories in the future, to just enjoy, and if they think this is a lifelong job, to study.”

Q. “You must feel proud of the K-pop boom in Asia, as one of the pioneers of foreign advancement.”

Rain: “I think now Hallyu’s bubbles are all going out and it’s starting to make its own firm standing. It’s such a thankful and great thing to be able to compete with music in the Asian area. Now K-pop singers have to take care of themselves and keep that flow going steadily.”

Q. “You’re appearing in movie ‘Red Muffler’ (fictional name).”

Rain: “It’s a fictional scenario about a war breaking out in Korea, and I’m appearing as a cool combat plane pilot. I’m practicing riding on combat planes. We’re going into filming at the end of this month.”

Q. “If you’re to imagine a middle-aged Rain?”

Rain: “I want to dance while wearing a tuxedo on a TV program after I age a lot.”

Source: Yeonhap News via Daum, allkpop

Lee Jong-Suk joins Rain and Shin Sekyung for the cast of "The Red Muffler"

Feb 13 2011

fd2da611d2c4e70fd5a67ecf8097d72e.jpg

We previously reported that Rain and Shin Sekyung have been cast in the upcoming blockbuster movie "The Red Muffler", a remake of the 1964 movie "The Red Scarf".

It has now been announced that actor Lee Jong-Suk, famous for his role in SBS's "Secret Garden", will also be a part of the reported $10 million USD production. Jong-Suk has been cast as the junior of Rain's character, Taehoon, a combat pilot with a top gun charm.

As he has been recently admitted to Konkuk University, Jong-Suk will be juggling both his college study and his preparation and filming for the movie.

Source: Daily News

Fr.:koreaboo.com

-------------------------------

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

140437f03866fc929bef3db561e1e9d3.png

e8b2380ccb70a7ec43a96a811aff2abb.jpg

credit:as tagged

Fr.:blog.goo.ne.jp/rain-love2

--------------------------

c0047605_185487.jpg

Source:rainstorm.exblog

Here's To More Korean Talent Starring in Hollywood Movies!

2011/02/12

By Daniel Matthews

Did anyone get a chance to watch the film, "The Warrior's Way"? It was pretty recently released (back in December) and starred Korea's version of Brad Pitt, Jang Dong-gun. Regrettably I missed this film. I was sorely disappointed that I didn't see it, not because I was excited about the latest tale of ninjas and warriors and ninja-like warriors. No, it was because of the fact that this was one of the very few recent opportunities that I would have had the chance to see a Korean actor opposite a Non-Korean actress in a "love interest" type of role on the big screen.

I'll probably rent "The Warrior's Way" when it comes out on DVD or becomes available online, to support the film and see what happens to the characters. But until then, my mind starts swimming with different thoughts. Will this be the start of a larger chain reaction of Korean men playing opposite non-Korean woman in films and TV? Beyond this, could we be seeing more Korean actors start making crossover attempts as well? Not that Korean actors haven't already (Rain in "Ninja Assassin" and Lee Byeong-Heon in "G.I. Joe" come to mind), but maybe it'll start happing a lot more often. Even just once a year would be a nice pace. And, as I type, Taiwanese actor/singer Jay Chou is embodying his inner Bruce Lee, as the supporting lead in the Hollywood film, "The Green Hornet", released in January. Let it continue!

*quoted image*

It's important that these types of relationships continue to grow with more Korean (or other Asian-born) actors/actresses being put in starring roles in Hollywood films. Not only does it give younger Asian Americans a chance to see someone relatable on the big screen. It helps educate a broader audience on different types of people, characters and roles. It also puts more attention on that actor's country of origin, which in turn opens more doors for other actors/actresses to make a breakthrough.

*quoted image*

With all of the current attention on Korean Pop (K-POP), there's definitely no better time then now for someone to make that crossover. All of the irrefutable power that the supporting K-POP community has (the influence and buying power is insane!) creates the perfect storm of buzz, blogging and financials that make for this opportunity. These K-POP fans are wildly supportive, loyal and have become tastemakers online. As mentioned in a previous post, they've already made other K-POP celebrities winners of some very surprising awards (Jay Park winning a Mashable award and Rain winning Biggest Badass at the latest MTV Movie Awards). If this is happening, it means that there definitely is an audience, an interactive and supportive audience, for these crossovers. The crowd has spoken – let's see what Hollywood does next.

Source : korean-content.com/20... ( English Korean )

Fr.:.hancinema.net/

anjjo, thanks for sharing this. I really recognize what Korean actors truly have to offer on the big screen of Hollywood. Looking forward to watch JDG’s movie when DVD copy is available. :lol:

And may I say: THANK YOU!!!!! Javabeans, thank you. So I am not crazy and alone with the opinion about the ladies cast - at least about SSK. :P

bbly, I’m willing to keep an open mind, because let’s be honest…the girl is ridiculously gorgeous & sexy. It’ll be interesting to see how this movie will do. :lol:

110214 Departure Hotel in Hokkaido

mayuron 2011-02-14 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

110214 RAIN BI Departure Hotel in Hokkaido

*quoted image*

Youtube_Maria1982625

http://www.youtube.com/user/Maria1982625#p/u

anjjo, do you noticed that he's still wearing that jacket from MCM event recently - hehehe - he seems to like it very much! He is looking good here because I could only view the back - hehehe. :sweatingbullets:

Guest angelordevil

[Feb-14-2011] <notice from rain-cloud> Regarding the recruitment of the 8th Cloud members.

Hi, we're the 7th Cloud executive board.

The recruitment of new Cloud members has been running late owing to unforeseen circumstances about what the server cannot function properly.

The operation of the server isn't in perfect condition now. Even so, it can't be put off any more, so we're going to recruit new members for the 8th Cloud.

The register of new members will be progressed for about a month, from February 21st (Mon) to March 20th (Sun). Getting access to the site is insufficient to meet all the requests, therefore there'll be an additional recruitment even after a month-long recruitment.

The recruitment of those who come from Japan will be handled by Master 'hina'. And the recruitment of those who come from Asian countries except Japan will be handled by the master, or by rain-cloud.co.kr.

Those who come from Europe, the USA, etc. should pay the membership fees into a PayPal account,

those who come from Japan should pay the fees into the master's account,

and those who come from Asian countries except Japan should pay the fees into the master's account, or transfer them to a fixed account on rain-cloud.co.kr.

This membership fee will be identical with the previous one, and it offers discounts to teenagers regardless of nationality.

There will be quite a big gap in terms of Rain's career during the term of military service, so we're trying to give him a warm and meaningful present from the heart, which always brings his mind back to his Cloud fans and vice versa.

If we do, some of the fees will be used for the warm and meaningful present that is not as expensive as you might think.

More details will be noticed within this week.

Credit to http://rain-cloud.co.kr/common/board/content.asp?ref=3292&board_id=b_08062719294427&page=1&search_what=&keyword=

Brief translation by rain bird.

I hope his dream will come true to be well-known & established in the US market. No one can deny his talent. He is, definitely, a person who can't be replaced! Wow, he's going to learn how to play guitar soon. And ye, please continue learning English - don't stop! “I want to dance while wearing a tuxedo on a TV program after I age a lot.” Ye, RAIN do dance a lot still while wearing that tuxedo. He is truly an amazing and a hardworking man that doesn't give up easily! I just want him to stay safe while he is away. I will miss Rain - in the fall. But I'll be waiting patiently for his time to comeback. It's just so sad & bad that he has 2-offers for movies from Hollywood and he can't do them maybe because of lack of time! RAIN FIGHTING! :lol:

I am sure time will go so fast that those 2 years will seem less to us! Of course that doesn't change the fact that I will miss him a lot too. But he has to do what he has to do. To join you dear: RAIN FIGHTING!!!

bbly, I’m willing to keep an open mind, because let’s be honest…the girl is ridiculously gorgeous & sexy. It’ll be interesting to see how this movie will do. :lol:

As you said so correctly ;) : beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for me SSK is neither beautiful nor gorgeous. Yes, she is sexy. But if that's all she has... then good luck! B)

*quoted image*

Youtube_Maria1982625

I hope he arrived safely back in Korea (if he of course went back to Korea :D ).

anjjo, do you noticed that he's still wearing that jacket from MCM event recently - hehehe - he seems to like it very much! He is looking good here because I could only view the back - hehehe. :sweatingbullets:

True, he seems to love that jacket a lot. :D

[Feb-15-2011] <Eng.trans> Rain's post on Twitter_Our team's name is "General Hospital"

241516290.jpg

241515758.jpg

http://twitpic.com/3zsir2

참 이사람들 믿고 계속 가야하는건지

I wonder if I'm going to keep on doing with that kind of work partners with having confidence in their reliability.

http://twitpic.com/3zsj5u

제가 모시는.. 요즘은 허리가 많이 아프시데여 저희팀 이름은 "종합 병원" 입니다 4시간전 via 파랑새

These (aged) guys I look after are recently complaining of severe pains in their backs.

Our team's name is "General Hospital" 5시간전 (5 hours ago) via 파랑새 (blue bird)

http://twitpic.com/3zsir2

http://twitpic.com/3zsj5u

http://twitpic.com/3zsir2 참 이사람들 믿고 계속 가야하는건지http://twitpic.com/3zsj5u 제가 모시는.. 요즘은 허리가 많이 아프시데여 저희팀 이름은 "종합 병원" 입니다

— RAIN (@29rain)

February 14, 2011

http://twitter.com/29rain

English translation by rain bird.

*** Wahhh.......this term is really something...Apple hip? Can they just come up with a "nice figure" - Now this is one weird poll - hahaha - Of course, RAIN should be above them all. RAIN has "Hip Song" while others here have none - hahaha. :lol:

Hyun Bin wins poll for best apple hip

With the help of the ‘Ju Won syndrome’, actor Hyun Bin recently ranked 1st as the ‘apple hip’ star.

The term ‘apple hip’ refers to the perfect hip curvature, similar to terms like ‘apple face.’ Through the Apple Hip (a company that helps customers maintain a perfect hip line) homepage, voters showed why Hyun Bin is considered ‘This generation’s best ulzzang star.’ Beating all other female nominees, Hyun Bin proudly ranked 1st with 32.9% of the votes.

Part of the poll was to choose the celebrity with the “best hip line.” Usually, a female celebrity would place 1st for polls in this category. However, with Hyun Bin coming in first, fans were once again able to feel the “Secret Garden” fever.

The runner ups ranked, respectively, Shin Min Ah, Ha Ji Won, KARA’s Nicole, SNSD’s Yuri, 2NE1’s Park Bom, 2PM’s Taecyeon, Rain, Song Jong Ki, and B2ST’s Yoon Do Joon.

Fans who saw the results commented, “When will Hyun Bin’s popularity ever die down?” “‘Hyun Bin syndrome’ will forever continue.” “Hyun Bin got first~ got first~”.

Which celebrity do you think has the best apple hip?

Source + Picture: TV Report via Naver, allkpop

I am too excited when he will start shooting the movie. I admit that by the end of last year, when all the bad news came and Fugitive didn't do well, I just wished he would leave asap to the army (sometimes I still think the same that it's better to get over with it asap) and I wasn't happy about the movie project (or any project for that matter). But now I accepted it and I think (at least hope) that Rain knows what he does.

bbly, February is coming close to its end & RAIN is about to start filming the movie. Thinking about it just look & feel amazing! We know that this is a remake but I'm anticipating for a new plot. I’m not into action/war genre but this is something special.......Let's see how this plays out. :lol:

photo/drawing

by raimy 2011-02-14 @ rain-cloud.co.kr

*quoted image*

---------------------------

Rain Gif

*quoted image*

credit:/blog.goo.ne.jp/rain-love2

anjjo, thanks for sharing the drawing from Nao..... & the gif. The latter is so nice & cute! Please keep those gifs coming, dear! :sweatingbullets:

I really would like to know what Rain's role as an ambassador for the environment in China will be.

bbly, Rain's upcoming duties were defined as "taking action to protect the environment in an effort to prevent the water pollution in the Yellow River, along with youth volunteers from China and Korea.” Rain is most appropriate for this position as he is a figure fit to inspire the youth of Korea and China. Can't wait for his visit in China by the end of the month to attend the event that will grant him his honorary title. :lol:

*quoted image*

Youtube_Maria1982625

anjjo, not airport fashion for RAIN this time since he already wore this jacket for the 2nd time. I’m sure the inside shirt & the pants are branded as well. What about the sunglasses & the shoes? The backpack, which was carried by his asst. we know this is MCM. Aigoo.......just looking at RAIN's back is so sexy. I'm sure everything of what he's wearing here are all branded & do you think all these were sponsored? Well, I always love & adore RAIN's style of dressing. He has perfect sense of fashion. In case, these were not sponsored he could afford to buy anyway, he has the money. I wish I'm rich like RAIN - hehehe. Hmmm.........drools........... :sweatingbullets:

Rain, Girls’ Generation, Lee Beom-soo to receive arts & culture award

a3.jpg

the World Star Grand Prize :

Rain (a singer and actor)

Singer Rain, female band Girl’s Generation and actor Lee Beom-soo will receive awards at the upcoming Seoul Arts Culture Award set to take place at the end of this month, revealed a press release by the Korean Association of Seoul Artists & Culture (KASAC) on Tuesday.

According to KASAC, the ceremony for the 2nd Seoul Arts & Culture Award scheduled to take place at Olympic Park Gymnasium on February 28, will award those who showed the best performance in 11 categories of arts and culture in 2010.

The best pop artist award will go to Girls’ Generation who sold nearly 200,000 copies of their second album “Oh!” last year, the best world star award to singer Rain who advanced to Hollywood, best TV actor award to Lee Beom-soo who played the main lead to 60-part hit-TV series “Giant” (SBS, 2010) and the best film actor to actress Jeon Do-youn who starred in film “The Housemaid,” which was invited to last year’s Cannes Film Festival.

Scenarist Kang Eun-kyung who wrote last year’s mega-hit drama “Bread, Love and Dreams” (KBS, 2010) will be bestowed the award for best script writer, TV producer Lee Byung-hoon who directed historical drama “Dong Yi - Jewel in the Crown” (MBC, 2010) the prize for best drama director and director Ryoo Seung-wan of film “The Unjust” (2010) for best movie director.

Lee Soo-man, the head of SM Entertainment which has discovered, trained and manages many famous K-pop singers including BoA, Girls’ Generation, Super Junior and TVXQ, will receive the best K-pop producer award Jung Sung-hwa who played patriot Ahn Jung-geun in the musical “Hero,” the best musical actor award.

Other special prizes will go to producer Kim Young-jin for creating drama “Thank You for Making Me Smile,” (translated title) (KBS, 2010) and producers Kim Jin-man and Kim Hyun-chul for their documentary “Tears of Amazon” (MBC, 2010).

The event, being sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Health & Welfare, the Seoul Metropolitan Government and other government agencies will also feature various musical performances that day including fusion music play Nanta, Korea's traditional samulnori and an orchestra.

*The list of winners for 2nd Seoul Arts & Culture Award

Best pop artist award: Girls’ Generation (2nd album “Oh!”)

Best world star award: Rain/Jung Ji-hoon (actor, singer)

Best K-pop producer award: Lee Soo-man (SM Entertainment)

Best actor award : Lee Beom-soo (TV series “Giant”)

Best drama scenarist award: Kang Eun-kyung (“Bread, Love and Dreams”)

Best drama director award: Lee Byung-hoon ( “Dong Yi: Jewel on the Crown”)

Best film actor award: Jun Do-youn (“The Housemaid”)

Best film director award: Ryoo Seung-wan (“The Unjust”)

Best musical actor award: Jung Sung-hwa ( “Hero”)

Best TV documentary award: Kim Jin-man & Kim Hyun-chul (“Tears of Amazon”)

Special Prize: Producer Kim Young-jin (“Thank You For Making Me Smile”)

Reporter : Heidi Kim heidikim@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

[Feb-15-2011]"Red Muffler" starring Rain is called the project of Vice-President 'Lee Mi Kyung'

201102150840221003_1.jpg

Including Rain, his co-stars in movie 'Red Muffler' (working title) about fighter pilots like 'Top Gun' being attempted domestically for the first time, recently had dinner to solidify the friendship in a restaurant located in Seoul's Cheongdam-dong, and psychologically they prepared.

After dinner, they went off to a bar and Rain paid off the drinking. He received loud applause from them by saying, "I've made my decision after due reflection, so I feel more burdened than ever by the major task I took on. I try to do my best to make it become very successful."

The production and distribution company of this movie is CJ Entertainment.

'Lee Mi Kyung', the Vice-President of the company and a heavy hitter of Korean film industry, is known to cast Rain as the leading character herself, as all the parts, from the earliest planning stage to the final cast, have been spearheaded by her.

She didn't attended the dinner, but 'Choi Joon Howan', the Executive Director of the company, were represented at the dinner with her secretaries by the Vice-President.

The storyline of blockbuster movie 'Red Muffler' is as follows :

Flight Lieutenant 'Jung Tae Hoon' (Rain), the youngest fighter pilot in Black Eagle team, tries an absolutely forbidden maneuver which speeds over the limit while putting on an air show, so he gets into trouble with the team and is shunted off to a regional combat air patrol. While there, he falls in love with Sergeant 'Yu Se Young' (Shin Se Kyung), a female aircraft mechanic who is very strict and uptight.

A scene in the film, while there are dogfights between South Korea and North Korea aircraft (F15K vs MIG29 ), a fighter pilot from South Korea ejects from the falling airplane near the border and is isolated within it. The story'll show the intrepid combat air patrols' efforts to rescue the isolated pilot on the razor's edge.

'Red Muffler' starring Rain begins shooting late in February.

Credit to Newsen http://news.nate.com/view/20110215n03853

★★<Revised>★★ <notice from rain-cloud> Regarding the recruitment of the 8th Cloud members.

The recruitment of those who come from Japan will be handled by Master 'hina'. And the recruitment of those who come from Asian countries except Japan will be handled by each master in each country, or by rain-cloud.co.kr.

Those who come from Europe, the USA, etc. should pay the membership fees into a PayPal account,

those who come from Japan should pay the fees into master hina's account,

and those who come from Asian countries except Japan should pay the fees into each master's account, or transfer them to a fixed account on rain-cloud.co.kr.

Translation by rain bird.

------------------------------

[15-Feb-11][k-popoed]Rain’s new movie Red Scarf

k1.jpg

k2.JPG

If you are wondering what 29 year-old Rain’s up to after his recent drama Fugitive: Plan B, wonder no more. It has been reported that he will be in a movie entitled “Red Scarf” (레드머플러). The movie is a remake of the 1964 film of the same name.

In Red Scarf, Rain (real name Jung Ji-hoon) will portray a fighter pilot who takes part in a mission involving the bombing of Pyongyang.

Rain’s co-star and love interest in the movie will be played by Shin Se-kyung. Other cast which has been announced are: Lee Hana (Triple), Kim Sung-soo (My Precious You, Bad Love), Yoo Joon-sang and Lee Jong-seok (Secret Garden).

Maybe Rain is living his fantasy in this movie, because he wants to be a fighter pilot in real life too.

Could this be Rain’s last project before he is goes to military service in September this year?

source: k-popped

[Feb-15-2011] Rain selected as this year’s World Star Grand Prize winner of the 2nd Korea Seoul Cultural Art Grand Prize.

20110215_1297732874.jpg

Rain has been selected as this year’s World Star Grand Prize winner of the 2nd Korea Seoul Cultural Art Grand Prize of 2011. Recognized for his innovations of going on to successful careers in Hollywood beyond Asia, his name has been placed on its list.

The 2nd Korea Seoul Cultural Art Grand Prize Awards will be held in Seoul's Olympic Gymnastic Stadium upcoming 28th.

Credit to Star Today http://news.nate.com/view/20110215n06755?mid=e0100

As you said so correctly ;) : beauty is in the eye of the beholder and for me SSK is neither beautiful nor gorgeous. Yes, she is sexy. But if that's all she has... then good luck! B)

bbly, hehehe - I respect your opinion. It's just nice to know that they trust RAIN with great director and great producer. I hope it will be a success. I do like the sound of this team. :lol:

*** Hmmm.........I wish Se7en could be awarded by them in the future, too. He's one of the most well rounded talented guys in K-Pop after RAIN. :lol:

Rain, Girls' Generation win Seoul Art Awards

1102161601(1).jpg

By Lee Hyo-won

Pop singers Rain and Girls’ Generation, and actress Jeon Do-yeon, among other high-profile stars have been chosen as grand prize winners of the 2nd Seoul Art and Culture Award.

The awards, sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and Seoul City, features 11 categories and recipients were revealed Monday ahead of the ceremony later this month, in Seoul.

1102161603.jpg

Rain was chosen for the grand prize in the world star category while Girls’ Generation topped the pop singer awards and Jeon won the same top prize for movie actors. Among TV drama actors, Lee Beom-soo won the grand prize for his role in SBS’ “Giant” while musical star Chung Sung-hwa was noted for his work in “Hero.”

Lee Soo-man of SM Entertainment will also receive the grand prize for pop music producers while filmmaker Ryu Seung-wan will receive a trophy for his crime drama, ``The Unjust.’’

The star-studded award ceremony will take place at the Gymnastic Stadium, Olympic Park at 7 p.m. on Feb. 28. Girls’ Generation, Kim Duk-soo’s “samulnori” (traditional percussion) troupe, baritone Seo Jung-hak, the Seoul Philharmonic Orchestra and the National Police Agency theater troupe will give performances. The ceremony will be attended by specially invited guest including multicultural families and handicapped individuals.

hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/special/2011/02/178_81452.html

[Feb-16-2011] Rain who is quite another man now, does a comic twitter with his dancers.

2011021701001077900082061.jpg

Rain is the second man from left.

He is quite another man now.

Rain who was flustered, not knowing how to change his user name on Twitter until last month, can now post pictures on the site easily, so it has been easier for him to communicate with his fans.

Rain recently posted a comic picture of him and his dancers posing a group photograph on Twitter with the words, "Oh my! I wonder if I'm going to keep on doing with that kind of work partners with having confidence in their reliability." "These guys I look after are recently complaining of severe pains in their backs. Our team's name is General Hospita", which attracted the attention.

He used his childlike charms as he self-flattered at the following that is posted under the words, "Now I can at last post pictures on Twitter"

His team members' comments to his post make people laugh, "Baby, it's past 12 already. Sleep right now", "Let's go to an oriental clinic to get acupuncture, making up a party~" , which shows that their team work is in perfect harmony.

Meanwhile, in the picture, Rain appears to have lost weight a little bit, as it seems that he has worked intensively for several months because of his tight schedules. In addition, he's had his hair cut short, it brings out a more masculine image.

Credit to Sports Josun http://news.nate.com/view/20110216n03808

I am sure time will go so fast that those 2 years will seem less to us! Of course that doesn't change the fact that I will miss him a lot too. But he has to do what he has to do. To join you dear: RAIN FIGHTING!!!

bbly, I hope he’ll become more mature and stronger person during his military service for 2-years. I feel sad because we will not be able to see him act & sing as often as we used to. During these two years he will only focus on himself, this time he will fully become Jung Ji Hoon & not RAIN. I‘m sure that he could find something new about himself in the military. No movies or dramas & concerts for him for 2-years unless military-related & this means no income – hehehe – RAIN will have no money. :D But when he comes back – he’ll present a better acting and that he will do his best more as a singer. :sweatingbullets:

[Feb-16-2011] Rain who is quite another man now, does a comic twitter with his dancers.

*quoted image*

Rain is the second man from left.

He is quite another man now.

Rain who was flustered, not knowing how to change his user name on Twitter until last month, can now post pictures on the site easily, so it has been easier for him to communicate with his fans.

Rain recently posted a comic picture of him and his dancers posing a group photograph on Twitter with the words, "Oh my! I wonder if I'm going to keep on doing with that kind of work partners with having confidence in their reliability." "These guys I look after are recently complaining of severe pains in their backs. Our team's name is General Hospita", which attracted the attention.

He used his childlike charms as he self-flattered at the following that is posted under the words, "Now I can at last post pictures on Twitter"

His team members' comments to his post make people laugh, "Baby, it's past 12 already. Sleep right now", "Let's go to an oriental clinic to get acupuncture, making up a party~" , which shows that their team work is in perfect harmony.

Meanwhile, in the picture, Rain appears to have lost weight a little bit, as it seems that he has worked intensively for several months because of his tight schedules. In addition, he's had his hair cut short, it brings out a more masculine image.

Credit to Sports Josun http://news.nate.com/view/20110216n03808

anjjo, thanks for posting this here. When I read this tweet yesterday I was laughing - our man really has a sense of humor. I just hope even when he starts filming he could find time at least to update his twitter so we'd be informed some news coming directly from him. You know what, dear? I'm starting to look at him again - hehehe - maybe I'm getting used to his short hair now - But, I noticed lately that he puts a little bangs maybe the reason why it kinda look good in my eyes anyhow. :lol:<_<

High grossing CF stars include Big Bang, Rain, JYJ, 2PM, 2NE1, Wonder Girls, After School, and SNSD

Feb 16 2011

02d6dce29aef812d9b8d2242d634516e.jpg

IMG_9394.jpg

Korean news site Money Today put together a list of the highest paid celebrities for appearing in CFs. Amongst the male celebrities, veteran Seo Taeji takes the #1 spot with a whopping 2 billion won. Following him is idol group Big Bang, who will make a comeback on February 24th with the group's 4th mini album. Rain takes the bronze, while Big Bang's fierce rapper TOP takes 4th place as an individual.

On the women's side, "Dae Jang Geum" star Lee Youngae takes the crown with 1.2 billion won. Following her are Go Hyunjung, Kim Taehee and Jeon Jihyun in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place, respectively. The highest grossing CF girl groups are Wonder Girls, 2NE1 and After School, each with 800 million won. SNSD trails slightly behind with 700 million won.

Check out the full list below!

Translated:

chartd.jpg

Original:

20110215155030129302.jpg

Source: YG Ladies and Money Today

Source:.koreaboo.com