Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

O'LIVE'S INAUGURAL STYLE ICON AWARDS

October 30th, 2008 // by javabeans

icon_bi6.jpg

Cable channel O’live TV hosted its first Style Icon Awards on the night of October 30, and a parade of stars turned out on the “orange carpet” for the event. Held at Club Answer in the upscale Seoul neighborhood of Cheongdamdong, the event awarded select members from not only entertainment sphere to honor as icons, but also some from society and the arts.

Actor Jung Jun-ho (The Last Scandal of My Life) acted as host, and awards were handed out to stars like Rain, above (Style Icon of the Year), Jung Ryeo-won, Park Tae-hwan, Sohn Ye-jin, and more.

Credit : dramabeans

Guest Mariposa28

mariposa, thanks also for posting this photo from Esquire mag. HOT! :sweatingbullets::lol:

you're welcome willenette i loooove that pic too :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets::wub::wub:

[Oct-30-2008] Nikon CF Nov.

Credit : Zarifah / RAIN-America

*** He's so thin here but cute. I don't love the hair. :mellow:

thanks for the pic, yee the hair is a bit too much, his hair style now would'v been better

Oct 29 SBS Power lovegame

source:sbs& benamo

Oct 30th MBC FM4U bestfriend

source: benamo&mbc

all from:rainhk

thanks angelordevil for the pics, love him in cap, he's sooo cute in these pics :wub::wub:

thanks willenette for the article , sooo many stars in that event, Rain was the most shining there :wub::wub:

new lotte pix

novemberlottercalendar1yo1.jpg

novemberlottercalendarjs0.jpg

credit baidu

Guest Mariposa28

Rain received "2008 Style Icon of the Year" Award

7a2be316632dc412c93d6dbcl4.jpg

20081031003630fh3.jpg

Rain recieving the award

MC :

This time is riding toward 12:30pm.

It will be the awarding of "Style icon of the year" prize to be given to the most influential style icon this past year. CJ representative, Kang Seock-Ho, will award as a presenter.

The male partial prizewinner is, who has made the world be wet through, Rain, Mr. Jeong Ji-Hoon.

Rain : It has been just a few days since I came back, thank you for receiving the good prize

and thanks to my stylists. I'll try to be well dressed even now and for ever.

MC : Rain doing the best in his own field, Mr. Jeong Ji-Hoon, whose impression was also very fine.

2008 Style Icon Awards Interview

sanstitreev8.jpg

rain interview on youtube

MC : I think the atmosphere of here is like a 'well-matched contest'.

Rain is on my right, and Park Tae-Whan is on my left.

Q : What do you think about the atmosphere of here?

Rain : First of all, thank you for inviting me, and here's just a vibe in the air right now.

Park : It is my first time such like this place, I get nervous a little.

Q : When you take a rest in dishabille at home and get a call from your girlfriend out of the blue,

what are you going to do first?

Rain : First I'll change clothes, I nomally comfortable attired with short shorts.

Park : I'll also do like him, I'm in my training shirt and pants.

Q : Who do you think will be the best fashionable entertainer?

Rain : It seems to be too numerous to mention.

Park : It's just you, Jeong Joon -Ho.

Q : Today's drinks are on me.

credit rain- america

Guest prissasagaritakehito

News Source: Yahoo! Taiwan, http://asianfanatics.net/forum/

Translation Credit: SHARM♥이특 @ http://asianfanatics.net/

Asia's Star Rain is super thrifty, spending on 50,000won (~US$35) per month!

Rain is one of Korea's most hot male artistes, but he still has a habit saving money, a habit he developed since young, hence saving a huge amount of his earnings in the bank.

According to Korea's media, Rain has always been letting his father handle his bankbook, he doesn't even know how many bankbooks there are to his name. Every month, he gets 50,000won as pocket money from his father and that makes up for his monthly expenses.

Rain is also different from other artistes who love branded stuff, he hardly buys any expensive and branded products. He once said that even though he received branded presents, he won't spend money buying those branded products for himself.

Even though Rain is usually so thrifty, he still feels that there are times where he is generous. After the Tae An oil spill inccident last year, Rain generously donated 300,000,000 won worth of drinking water and winter clothes to the residents there. At the same time, he actively participated in various public welfare donation activities.

At the recent Savings Day in Korea, Rain received an award, saying "To me, a penny saved is a penny earned, even thought it may seem little, but there will be a huge amount if you save over a long period of time. I hope that everyone will be able to develop the habit of saving during times like this where the economy is not doing well".

Hi,

I've got a few msg that someone in Rain America had my vid up there. In case, you had seen it there, please disregard this. But I'm posting the link for my 'sort of homy Soompi friends' :D who hasn't seen it yet. For those who are interested...

(*If you DL it, it's very clear quality but the hardsub on YTube makes it look fuzzier.)

* Warning ! Very touching. Makes you cry!!

Rain's 'Golden Fishery' Mureuppakdosa' - Touching Segment Eng hardSUB

Sorry. Been Busy.

Cheers. :)

Guest kalinda

blu..thanks so much.. you're right.. it made me cry...:( ... I know about his hard past life, but seeing him telling this story, how those memories came back to him... soo sad....

Guest chinaeyes711

I believe that, whatever Rain and his family has now is all because of his hardwork and perseverance. He all deserved them. he was so young when he lost his mother to diabetes, then their house was burned down. he knows what is it to be poor and hungry so he strive so hard to achieved his dreams.

hats of to you Rain for enduring all those things and now you prove the world that you're worth to be a perfect role model. keep up the good work!!!!

Guest ~Phoenix~

Hi,

I've got a few msg that someone in Rain America had my vid up there. In case, you had seen it there, please disregard this. But I'm posting the link for my 'sort of homy Soompi friends' :D who hasn't seen it yet. For those who are interested...

(*If you DL it, it's very clear quality but the hardsub on YTube makes it look fuzzier.)

* Warning ! Very touching. Makes you cry!!

Rain's 'Golden Fishery' Mureuppakdosa' - Touching Segment Eng hardSUB

Sorry. Been Busy.

Cheers. :)

Thanks blu!! B)

Rain on next week ep of Family Outing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ce-u6ChwQ10

] FO1.jpg[/]

[] FO16.jpg[/]

Pls DO NOT HOTLINK or quote the images... If using cap, pls credit Stephanie@RainSingapore.com

Hi rgal - thanks for sharing the link & the captions. Really……. can’t wait for this show. Oh, that smiles & laughs………. This must be fun. Ye, I love their reactions when RAIN came down from the van – awesome. Wondering what was that he’s scared of? :sweatingbullets::lol:

[Nov-01-2008] SPN - Rain disclosed he dated with a top model

SPN News

In the SBS Yasimmanman program which will be broadcasted on Nov.3rd, Rain first time after debut talked about his date with his girl friend and their broke up.

MC Kang Ho Dong asked Rain is it because of his busy schedule he cannot meet with any girls?

Rain answered sincerely, he said "I have dated with someone worked in entertainment before."

Rain said during his training period he dated a girl who is a top model, but because he was busy doing activities and dance choreography at the same time, or maybe because of his loyal disposition personality, he and his girl friend had contradiction, resulted the reason for their broke up.

Rain then said, "compared to having a top model girl friend, having nothing at that period was a pain." this brought back his sad memory.

The staffs from YSMM said "we were surprised to hear Rain's story about his girl friend, is the first time disclosed through TV. Because of the girl friend story, the atmosphere of the surrounding became serious. But then immediately Rain talked about his student life and this changed the recording atmosphere."

Source: SPN

English Translation by Rain-America.com

credit: FollowRain@Rain-America

[Nov-01-2008]Rain opened the scene using every muscle in his body without anything on

Rain opened the never-before-seen scene in NinjaAssassin film which used every muscle in his body without anything on.

Rain opened the one scene in his movie which had been initiated from the hollywood, having recorded SBS program, "Yashimmanman-Entertainment villages" on the coming 3th broadcasting schedule.

He's starred in the movie and gotten his foot in the door as a leading actor of Ninja Assassin, since he advanced to the hollywood with Speed Racer.

Rain told the story that was the hollywood's thorough contract system which let him be controled and checked by them, indulging in reminiscenes of 'his hard life in US'.

With the contents that he had received the harsh physical training, as a result of the contracts with him, he opened that all trainings which had been done were for the only one scene to be completed, and that has made us be anxious about.

The opened decisive one scene was his high-flying pose, which used every muscle in his body, with the naked back view. He immediately reacted the part in the film, and It wakened the interest.

Rain's hollywood advance and harsh training are expected to be broadcasted on November 3 at 11:15pm.

credit to newsen

Translation by rain bird @ rain-eu

*** Thanks rubie for sharing this article in the news thread............... :lol:

In saving for a rainy day, star earns award

01042800.jpg

Since he was a child, Rain has always kept his money safe in the bank. Despite being one of Korea’s most successful entertainers, it’s a habit he’s kept till this day.

The star’s sensible saving practices were recognized at the 45th National Saving Day last Tuesday, where he was awarded a Presidential Commendation.

“When people were calculating yields and putting money in equity funds and other investments that promised higher returns, I placed my cash in bank accounts, a habit I inherited from my parents,” said Rain, 26, at the ceremony at the Korea Federation of Banks building in Myeong-dong, central Seoul.

Although the singer-cum-actor is said to be worth billions of won, he still receives a monthly allowance from his father, who manages his son’s sizable assets.

Rain recently appeared in the Hollywood movie “Speed Racer” and his second U.S. film, “Ninja Assassin,” is set for release next year.

Rain talked about the importance of saving for the future. “I can guarantee that however little money you have, when it is piled up, it will be of enormous help in the future,” he said. He also cited the proverb, “Many drops make a shower.”

Kim Ji-su, an actress who received a Prime Ministerial Commendation for her saving habits, also cited “security” as the biggest merit of bank savings.

“Unlike other occupations, acting does not guarantee a sustainable income. As I don’t really know other methods of asset management, I opted for saving that involves no risk and burden,” she said.

The 36-year-old actress recently appeared in the hit TV drama, “Woman in the Sun.”

By Seo Ji-eun Staff Reporter [spring@joongang.co.kr]

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2896800

Guest angelordevil

OBS interview

비, “과거 힘들었던 경험 있기에 지금의 내가 존재”

20081103OBSinterview.jpg

source:http://osen.freechal.com/news/view.asp?code=G0811030127

hope Blu can have time translating this article for our.

---------------------------

[Nov-03-2008]<Eng.trans.>KBS Cool FM "Popular Plaza"

a716609670.jpg

*The fore part of radio was spoken by Rain's voice forgery.

Q : Who do you think is the best rival among the seniors?

Rain : All and sundry sing great, I cannot select at all.

Q : Who do you keep friends with?

Rain : My member, six background dancers.

Q : Among the entertainers?

Rain : Cha Tae-Hyun and Yoon Kye-Sang

Q : What has been changed since you were called by name of the word star?

Rain : My situation has always been continuous to be unchanged,

however I think I'm better treated before.

In addition, If I'm a real world star, I don't think my name should be embroidered with it.

Q : In which country are you recognized?

Rain : Most Asians seem to recognize me to be Rain,

and I know my name is recognized even in both the USA and Europe to a certain extent.

Q : What has been deeply impressed on your mind in Berlin?

Rain : I was ever awkward situation that the homosexualists had followed me.

Q : what do you think of the hollywood players?

Rain : "Megan Fox" is my Miss Right, and I've kept friends with "Susan Sarandon", "Matthew Fox",

"Emile Hirsch"

Q : What do you say you will do?

Rain : My schedule is planned until the end of December, in the meantime,

the clothing launching of my own brand will be held.

And my movie "NinjaAssassin" is to be opened next March or October,

my single concert is in the works toward by early next year.

source : benamoo

Brief translation by rain bird@rain-eu

Guest ilovethemediator

Yes I know its from Popseoul, but its actually useful :lol:

"When it Rains….it POURS!”

The old saying is right!

Our favorite ESL student Rain, will now soon be starring along side Jun Ji-hyun in a new drama entitled, “Four Seasons”, which will be broadcast by SBS network. The story is supposedly about a war correspondent (Jun) and an adopted child (Rain) who later becomes a mercenary for France.

This seemingly uninteresting drama is costing a whopping 1.5 billion won (though they’ll most likely make it all back since Magic Feet is in it) and with greater reach beyond Korea. The drama is expected to be aired in China and Japan as well.

This will be Jun Ji-hyun’s first return to the small screen in ten years. The natural beauty is most known for her role in the classic romantic comedy, “My Sassy Girl”, with Cha Tae-hyun. As for Rain, it will have been 3 years since his last drama, “A Love to Kill” with Shin Min-ah.

“Four Seasons” is set to air in February of 2009.

It seems with all the music promotions, magazine covers, TV appearances and now this new drama, that Rain is trying to dig his magic feet deep back into Korean soil…. Maybe he’s giving up on his American dream? Should he?

What do you think?

Credit: Popseoul

:w00t: Can't wait for this drama!

~~Jessica~~

Guest fatgrrl_slim

Er... Is that a new entry?? That 'news' has been floating around since May or June this year.

As far as I know, both Rain and JJH have turned it down because filming clashed with their respective schedules. :unsure: