Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Hey, guys.

Love 'Rainism' MV and got this article from SS and translated it to ENG. Enjoy.

Original Artcle in Korean

Rain – 'Rainism', Receives High Accolades “Magnificently High-Classed and Much More Upgraded”

(SportsSeoul, SSTV)

Hi blu - thanks for sharing the translation. I love the MV, too. Enjoyed watching it over & over again. I’m enjoying the beat. RAIN’s sound is always so up to date. But the lyrics, which says “I’m gonna be a bad boy” – it sounds a bit wrong. :lol::)

컴백' 비 "경쟁구도 아닌 축제 만들러 왔어요"(인터뷰)

rainzu8.jpg

'범 아시아적 스타' 비(본명 정지훈)가 본업인 가수의 모습으로 돌아왔다.

비는 지난 15일 정규 5집 '레이니즘(Rainism)'을 발표했다. 비가 국내에서 정규 앨범을 선보인 것은 지난 2006년 10월 4집 발매 이후 2년 만에 처음이다. ......

credit moneytoday.co.kr

Thanks Mariposa for the original article.

Here is the translation in case anyone who couldn't read Korean and wondering... :)

There seems to be quite a few articles on Rain right now but I try to find one that has most interesting or various stories in them if I can because I don't always have a whole a lot of time. :sweatingbullets::) I appreciate anyone who points to those articles. I'm gonna be busy for a while, though. I still might take a quick look at deka_if 's artcle to see if I can do it quickly.

Here you go. Enjoy. :)

Rain’s Comeback – “I came to create a festival not to seek a competition” (Interview)

‘Pan-Asian Star’ Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) came back to his regular job as a singer.

Source : 'moneytoday.co.kr'

Rain officially released his 5th album ‘Rainism’ on the 15th. It’s first time in 2 years Rain has released an album domestically since his 4th album issued in last October 2006.

Rain came back to fans with a new album in 2 years. During that time, there have been many changes in Rain. He left JYP’s JYP Entertainment, the management company he had been with since the launch of his debut album, and established independence while creating a nest in J. Tune Entertainment. Therefore, he wrote the lyrics and the melody of his 5th album title song ‘Rainism’ himself, not Park Jin Young. Furthermore, he oversaw every little details related to the production of the entire album, from producing to choreographing for dance.

Although standing-alone (=establishing independence) has created much more work for him, his mind is a lot more relaxed than before. Because Rain, who has been receiving all the spotlights while traveling in the country and abroad for the last 6 years, released this album to enjoy the performance on the stage, not to try to win over(=defeat) other singers.

Recently, Rain did an interview with MoneyToday Star News and expressed his thoughts and his recent state of affairs (=how he was doing).

“This album is to relieve the thirst of domestic fans. Also I released this 5th album in order to show clearly what is ‘real stage’ really means and what is ‘performance’ really means. I released this album, not with combative mind, but to enjoy it with fans, seniors like (Shin) Seung-Hoon hyung (elder male in Korean), (Kim) Gun-Mo hyung etc. as well as fellow singers.”

Rain provided detailed explanation about the special characteristics of the 5th album as well. He explained that he immersed himself in practicing, making songs with strong visual side more dynamic and focusing on listening songs that has strong audio side.

“The title songs of this album are 2 songs, ‘Rainism’ and ‘Love Story.’ ‘Rainism’ is a dance song that has a strong feel of dance music to be able to show powerful performance on the stage. ‘Love Story’ is an easy-listening song that has a soft and sweet feel to it. This album not only focuses on dance but also on listening (=audio) side. By the way, the reason I decided on the title of this album as ‘Rainism’ the same as the title song is that I wanted the songs and dances originated from me to create syndrome (Rainism) and to announce my new beginning properly.”

“I used to go on a stage with the mind to survive at all costs. But this time, I feel a lot more relaxed. Because, more than anything, I wanted to enjoy it with the fans. So I am planning to be on stage as much as I can this time. I also want to let the fans know all the songs on this album as much as I can since I made this album myself studying how to write songs (lyrics and melody) for a year.”

Rain will once again dive into preparing himself hard to launch into US market after all the activities related to this album are finished. The Hollywood movie ‘Ninja Assassin’, which he plays a lead role, will be released next year in US and internationally and he is planning to release an album for the first time in US.

Rain mentioned that, “Next year, launching into US market is a challenge with a lot of meaning attach to it. So I am paying serious attention to tiny little details even now.” He also said “I would appreciate it if you really love this album since I wanted domestic fans’, my strongest support, cheer and encouragement.” and smiled brightly.

He draws a lot of attention with this album as well as future results he will create. Because, at age 27, he has already produced a lot of results during last 6 years since his debut including being nominated in ‘Time Magazine 100 Most Influential People’ for the first time as a Korean entertainer.

Guest Tata_Kinci

Well, I smell something fishy about Rain choice for Kim Sun Ah (Co partner Hyun Bin ) ... as we know Hyun BIn co partner of SHG now .... :) like playing diagonal effect

Here is the translation in case anyone who couldn't read Korean and wondering... :)

There seems to be quite a few articles on Rain right now but I try to find one that has most interesting or various stories in them if I can because I don't always have a whole a lot of time. :sweatingbullets::) I appreciate anyone who points to those articles. I'm gonna be busy for a while, though. I still might take a quick look at deka_if 's artcle to see if I can do it quickly.

Rain’s Comeback – “I came to create a festival not to seek a competition” (Interview)

blu, thanks for sharing the translation of this article. Just want to confirm from you if this is the one from Newsen, which deka posted earlier? If not, I'll wait for the translation from you in case, you find time to do it. I really appreciate it. I read an article that he was being compared to another artist/singer who's also launching an album/single. But what I can say is : nobody's alike. He's RAIN, the one & only. NOBODY DOES IT BETTER, RAIN! <_<:lol:

Guest 小甜密

Just heard his new song, Love Story.

Good songs from Bi, as always. Haha I fell in love with him not because of his looks, but his sultry sexy voice. :D

LOTTE PHOTO

Lotte1_800.jpg

*** Oh, new photo? New hairstyle? His hair is curled here. It gives RAIN a totally different feel. I can’t tell if I love it, may be I still have to get used to it. You really see it now that he’s thinner because the face becomes longer. I’m surprised to see his new hair again. The clothing is stylish but a little weird – so colourful. It looks a little horrible. For now, I don’t love the hair, the get-up but I always love the man! :sweatingbullets:

Guest SnowB_all

Well, I smell something fishy about Rain choice for Kim Sun Ah (Co partner Hyun Bin ) ... as we know Hyun BIn co partner of SHG now .... :) like playing diagonal effect

"Best Collaboration Partners" ... so to speak. Parallel movements.

Rain's Comeback – "I came to create a festival not to seek a competition" (Interview)

hi blue :)

thanks for the great job... :D

awaiting your translation for next article...

hi all

an article from Newsen

월드스타 비 “모래시계같은 대작드라마 하고파”

[2008-10-16]

20081016_1.jpg

http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=200810160551251002

blu, ....Just want to confirm from you if this is the one from Newsen, which deka posted earlier? If not, I'll wait for the translation from you in case, you find time to do it. I really appreciate it. I read an article that he was being compared to another artist/singer who's also launching an album/single.

Thanks deka_if for the NewsEn article.

The translation follows.

Willenette, the one before this one 'Rain's Comeback...' 'Pan-Asian Star...' is from 'Money Today' article by mariposa.

I don't know which NewsEn Article is the one with another artist comparison on it. Could you or someone else point that article to me? If there was one, I definitely missed it. I will be quite a bit busy for a while but if you find the article, let me know. If possible, I will translate it when I have a bit of time.

BTW, my minds read the translation in my head, which is faster and more accurate than my hands can type, rather than what's on the screen. So 'the' 'at' 'for' something else...etc is missing or wrong (plural/singular...) from the article, please, be kind and be understanding. Try to do quickly doesn't help, either. Even when I try to edit it, sometimes my minds still read what's in my head rather than what's on the screen. So I apologize in advance if I make mistakes. :sweatingbullets::)

Cheers. :)

World Star Rain – Wants to do a large-scale masterpiece drama like ‘Sand Glass’

NewsEn Reporter: Park Sae Yeon

Singer and actor, Rain (Bi, Jung Ji Hoon) expressed his wish to appear on a large-scale drama.

Rain drew attention in the recent interview with NewsEn when he revealed that he wants to do a drama like ‘Sand Glass’ that will leave a lifelong impression in people’s hearts.

After debuting in 2002, Rain appeared in 3 drama, ‘Sangdoo, Let’s go to school’ (2003), ‘Full House’ (2004), ‘A love to kill’ (2005) and displayed his growing acting ability. Then, he rose as a world star stepping onto the red carpet at the Berlin International Film Festival through the director Park Chan-Wook’ film ‘I am Cyborg but That’s O.K.’

After that, Rain launched into Hollywood and became known around the world through the movie ‘Speed Racer.’ Rain has received tons of love-calls from domestic drama makers after he finished shooting the movie ‘Ninja Assassin’ but he chose to come back to the stage rather than the tubes (=TV meaning drama. = chose singing on the stage over acting in drama).

In the meeting with NewsEn, Rain revealed candidly “I could not appear on the drama I had in mind because the drama required at least 7 months and I had problems with that including having to promote ‘Ninja Assassin’ during that time.”

In response to the question “Couldn’t you choose a drama with a relatively short shooting schedule?” Rain responded by saying “I want to do a drama like ‘Sand Glass’ or ‘The Eye of Dawn’ that will last in people’s hearts for their lifetime. I’d like to do a great drama that will require at least 1 year of prep.”

In the middle of organizing his schedule, which is completely booked for the next 2 years, he decided to focus on the album and the activities related to it. Is it because it’s right after he came back from shooting ‘Ninja Assassin’, his first lead role in Hollywood film? His eyes were much deeper and much more intense.

Up to now, Rain received recognition for his foresight to choose drama that has commercial values as well as quality contents. Rain, who will attract attention from the world as a Korean ninja, draws anticipation already as to what kind of acting ability he will show on the tubes.

Meanwhile, Rain came back to the domestic music scene in 2 years with his 5th album ‘Rainism’, which was released for on & off-line sales on the 15th. Rain, who became a topic of conversation for a while after appearing together on the music video ‘Love Story’ with Ha Ji-Won, will come back via MBC Rain Comeback Special ‘Me, Rain, Dance’ this coming 17th.

The translation follows.

Willenette, the one before this one 'Rain's Comeback...' 'Pan-Asian Star...' is from 'Money Today' article by mariposa.

I don't know which NewEn Article is the one with another artist comparison on it. Could you or someone else point that article to me? If there was one, I definitely missed it. I will be quite a bit busy for a while but if you find the article, let me know. If possible, I will translate when I have a bit of time.

Cheers. :)

blu, I'm very sure that the article I was referring to wasn't from Newsen. Anyway, finally..............your translation again. Thanks for sharing this again. I really hope that he could do another drama soon so more time to see him on the screen. But pefers to do one that will require a 1-yr production? Gosh, RAIN, that's too long. :lol::)

Guest pipitgongyoo

LOTTE PHOTO

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee256/w.../Lotte1_800.jpg

*** Oh, new photo? New hairstyle? His hair is curled here. It gives RAIN a totally different feel. I can’t tell if I love it, may be I still have to get used to it. You really see it now that he’s thinner because the face becomes longer. I’m surprised to see his new hair again. The clothing is stylish but a little weird – so colourful. It looks a little horrible. For now, I don’t love the hair, the get-up but I always love the man! :sweatingbullets:

Hahaha.. i'm soo agree with u! i dont like his new hair style too! :ph34r: but whatever.. Still love oppa bi!! :wub:

*** Awww…….. RAIN said it right here – I agree with him. It’s nice to hear RAIN being proud of both WG & JYP. I’ve watched that video where these girls were training with RAIN. :mellow::lol:

********************************************************************************

SINGER BI TALKS ABOUT WONDER GILRS & JYP

In an interview with JoyNews24, Bi recently revealed his impressions of Park JinYoung (his former manager) and JYP’s hit group Wonder Girls (who he once helped train).

Bi gave unstinted praise to his hoobaes (juniors in the singing world), “I sincerely congratulate the girls’ success.”

“They all work very hard, so I like watching them…. As much effort as they put it, the good results have come out,” continued Korea’s World Star. “They deserve the popularity they are blessed with.”

Talking about his former producer, Bi affectionately referred to the man as the “supporter of my life, probably my real older brother…. I’m grateful to my hyung (older brother) for always giving me help and advice. We have the kind of relationship where it’s comfortable no matter how long we last talked on the phone or met.”

At the moment, Bi is working hard on his comeback with his fifth album “Rainism”.

source: WGJjiang

Hey, I forgot.

Someone said something about September 12 and Rain before. I don't know much about that myself but the song 'September 12' is translated below. In case you are interested. It is not translated to match the korean lyrics with melody as an Eng song. It is just a rough translation of the lyrics (The song's got a lot of broken words and it's kinda hard to translate it to make any sense... :sweatingbullets::)

Anyway, enjoy guessing away with the meaning of Sep. 12 for Rain :D

Sign off.

September 12

In front of (=To face) the split, nobody can be all right.

I was like that. Having my heart ripped off.

I answered you biting my teeth (=lips) hard.

Let’s split.

I will do what you tell me to do.

I spitted it out coolly the words of split.

On the surface, I told you to go and find someone better than me.

I am crying while I wait for you on the bed soaked with the memories of the days we were together.

You will open the door and surely come and find me.

Because you are everything in my life.

Do you remember September 12?

You said something that can never be forgotten for the rest of my life.

You said, “Trust each other and let’s begin the relationship”.

I can’t forget about that time.

I am crying while I wait for you and your bright smile.

I haven’t expressed it until now.

Truly, for me, there was only you.

My only heart in the world.

But I am not asking you to come back.

I want you to be truly happy.

Tears you dropped because of me make my heart aching.

(Crescendo)

Be happy.

I am asking for forgiveness while crying for making it tough for you.

Do you feel it?

Only now I am telling you like an idiot.

I am again telling you while you are listening

“I am still your man.”

“I loved everything about you."

Song - September 12

Hey, I forgot.

Someone said something about September 12 and Rain before. I don't know much about that myself but the song 'September 12' is translated below. It is not translated to match the korean lyrics with melody as an Eng song. It is just a rough translation of the lyrics (The song's got a lot of broken words and it's kinda hard to translate it to make any sense... :sweatingbullets::)

Sign off.

September 12

blu, Gosh, this is what I've been waiting for...........thanks for sharing the translations of this song. Actually, when I saw the tracklist of his album, and when I saw that one of the songs he wrote there was entitled September 12, I became curious & very intrigued - what does this date meant to him. Is there a secret behind this date? OMG - this man is driving me wild, I'm going crazy after reading the lyrics of the song........ :lol::)

BTW - thanks also for sharing the link of the song. It's quite a sad song. :mellow:

The translation follows.

NewsEn Reporter: Park Sae Yeon

Sign off.

September 12

Song - September 12

oh my gosh...ur reply so fast ... well done !

you're the BEST blue :lol:

thanks so much :D

*** Yayyy………. I can’t wait to see all of these. This should be interesting. I miss seeing his being funny on variety shows. :lol::mellow:

********************************************************************************

RAIN WILL GUEST APPEAR ON SEVERAL PROGRAMS

Singer and actor Rain (real name Jung Ji Hoon) will make guest appearances on SBS programs “Good Sunday” and “Family Outing.”

Returning to the local music industry after 2 years with his 5th album, Rain will be recording next week for “Family Outing.” “Family Outing” Jang Hyuk Jae PD said on October 15, “Rain will participating in a recording for ‘Family Outing.’”

In an interview with Newsen, Rain said, “I’ve been busy with overseas activities for a long time, but now I’m planning to draw closer and be more friendly.” Rain began recording on October 15 for MBC “Golden Fishery” as well.

He will start appearing as a guest in broadcastings in November.

credit: Newsen

Guest pipitgongyoo

Hey, I forgot.

Someone said something about September 12 and Rain before. I don't know much about that myself but the song 'September 12' is translated below. In case you are interested. It is not translated to match the korean lyrics with melody as an Eng song. It is just a rough translation of the lyrics (The song's got a lot of broken words and it's kinda hard to translate it to make any sense... :sweatingbullets::)

Sign off.

September 12

Thanks alot blu! I really like it! :D