Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

***It seems that this is currently the problem in K-entertainment. Many celebrities are complaining how come even the main leads are not fully-paid? Can they get their payment back when the production company had shut-down? As far as I know according to the law once a company filed for bankruptcy they do not need to pay for their debts anymore. But, did they? :(

Rain And Lee Na Young Have Not Been Paid For Appearance In “Fugitive: Plan B”

Rain-Lee-Na-Young.jpg

Actors Rain and Lee Na Young have reportedly not been fully paid for their appearance in the KBS 2TV drama “Fugitive: Plan B.”

On January 16, Lee Na Young revealed that she had not been paid 360 million won (approximately $338,400) for her appearance in the drama, which aired in 2010.

Because the production company behind the drama shut down and is no longer operating, most of its cast members went underpaid or not paid at all. Although Lee Na Young is owed the most out of all the cast members, her co-star Rain has also not received full payment for his appearance. Actor Lee Jung Jin is owed 35 million won (approximately $32,900) in appearance fees as well.

Fugitive-Plan-B.jpg

There has been a recent wave of actors speaking out about not being fully paid for their work, including Gong Seung Yeon, Jung Yoo Mi, Kim Woo Bin, Ku Hye Sun, and Kim Min Jung. The Korean Entertainment Management Association has also addressed the issue, stating that it is currently making efforts to expose the production companies involved.

Source (1) / soompi news

***I wonder how much yet is the balance unpaid for RAIN. It’s good that actors are paid in advance as a deposit before the shoot. Even if production/Producers didn’t make money they still have to pay talents fees. Otherwise, sue them. They can go after them legally through court case. They suck. ^_^

Gong Seung Yeon, Lee Na Young, Rain and others revealed to not have been paid for previous drama appearances

Rain-lee-jung-jin-lee-na-young-gong-seun

Actress Gong Seung Yeon has not yet received payment for her appearance in KBS2 drama 'Master: God of Noodles' from 2016.

On January 16, a representative of Yuko Company stated, "Gong Seung Yeon has not received payment for her appearance in KBS2 'Master: God of Noodles'. Though she did receive a portion through KBS, no payment was made by the production company. A certification of contents has been sent for proof."

In addition, a media outlet revealed that actress Lee Na Young has yet to receive a total sum of 360 million KRW ($337,000) for her appearance in KBS2TV 'The Fugitive: Plan B' from 2010.

Marking a total of 8 years from 2010 until now in 2018, Lee Na Young's payments have not been settled. Furthermore, with the production company of 'The Fugitive: Plan B' shutting down, things have gotten more complicated as there is no way to reach anyone to address the issue.

The rest of 'The Fugitive' cast which included singer Rain, Lee Jung Jin, and extras at the time have also not received their payments.  According to the outlet, Lee Jung Jin has yet to receive 35 million KRW ($32,849).

With such news coming to light, many are questioning the production procedures. Previously, actresses Sung Yuri, Kim Min Jung, Goo Hye Sun, Jung Yoo Mi, actors Kim Woo Bin, and Go Soo have been affected by the missing payments. 

source : allkpop

*** Whatever…………….for me, any unpaid salary is not tolerable. The union should have more force so that it won’t take years for them to pay the actors. :(

Korea Broadcasting Actors Union Rep Provides Deeper Insight Into Drama Payment Controversy

Master-Plan-B-Strike-Love.jpg

Reports have begun emerging recently that some actors have not been paid for past productions. Just in the past week, Rain, Lee Na Young, Gong Seung Yeon, Jung Yoo Mi, and Kim Min Jung have revealed that they have yet to receive payment for dramas they’ve worked on.

On January 17, Song Chang Gon, the head of external relations at the Korea Broadcasting Actors Union, sat down for an interview and provided more insight into the situation.

First, he explained how the payment system works as he said, “In order to understand why some actors have not been paid for their drama appearances, it’s important to understand how the payment process works. For films, payments are made after filming is completed but for dramas, payments are made after a drama is aired. For example, if an actor films a drama in December and it airs in January, he won’t be paid until late-February because payments are made at the end of the month following the broadcast. This system that allows companies to not pay actors until the end of a drama, even if they are done filming, is what has led to this problem.”

When asked to estimate the payments that have yet to be fulfilled, Song Chang Gon stated, “We can only base our estimates off the actors who are in our union. We can’t discuss how much each individual is still owed because that is personal information, but we can say that altogether, our actors have not received 3.2 billion won (approximately $2.98 million) just from the three main public channels (SBS, KBS, MBC). These are all payment issues from the past and there have been no recent cases.”

He also discussed what he believes are the biggest hurdles to resolving this situation. Song Chang Gon stated, “During the Lee Myung Bak administration, our union’s right to collective bargaining was affected by government regulations. However, that right was recognized by the High Court and we are currently awaiting a verdict from the Supreme Court, which is expected to come out in March or April of this year. Once that has been settled, we will be able to hold group negotiations with broadcasting companies, production companies, and the government on behalf of all our actors, which will make the process easier.”

The representative also noted that though the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism and the Fair Trade Commission have created a standard contract for actors, it is simply being seen as a suggestion and not being implemented properly. He said, “In the contract, it says, ‘If an issue arises regarding payment, the broadcasting company will take responsibility for the issue and negotiate with the union.’ That’s all we’re asking for.”

Finally, Song Chang Gon touched upon the responsibility of broadcasting companies to properly vet production companies. He said, “It’s important to look at a production company’s experience and financial statement. There are a lot of companies emerging these days that are created solely for the production of just one drama. Though these may be practical, they can cause problems later on if an issue arises as there is no longer a company that can be held responsible. The broadcasting companies need to make changes for this situation to be resolved.”

Source (1) / soompi news

*** Here's a clip of RAIN & Psy at Anqui Gourmet Bistro & Noodle Bar in CA where they're eating a garlic noodle with crab. I heard that this place is always a great spot to have a light lunch.  The food there is exceptionally good. When you come to LA, this is is a must visit. Take a look at them - it seems they have no time to talk because Psy is still busy eating - hahaha - Psy posted this with a caption - “# garlic noodle # there is no time to talk # before dinner # you must drink this # gottadrinkthis # @rain_oppa" - I hope they both had a good meal together. Seeing Psy eating makes my day! LOL - The noodle looks delicious. It seems that they met with Psy in US, huh? I wonder if RAIN is back now in Seoul, though. :lol:

credit : lingshyu - Rain's Cafe

Korean Drama of the Week "Please Come Back, Mister"

photo934868.jpg

Korean drama of the week "Please Come Back, Mister" (2016)

Directed by Sin Yoon-seob

Written by Noh Hye-yeong

Network  : SBS

With Rain, Kim Soo-ro, Kim In-kwon, Oh Yeon-seo, Lee Min-jung, Lee Honey,...

16 episodes - Wed, Thu 22:00
Formerly known as "Hello, My Precious" (안녕 내 소중한 사람, an-nyeong nae so-jeong-han sa-lam)
Synopsis
Based on an original Japanese human comedy novel "7 Days of Tsubakiyama" by Asada Jiro, about a man who doesn't know he's dead, coming back alive and mingling with people he didn't know before and accepting death.

Broadcasting dates in Korea : 2016/02/24~2016/04/14

Available on DVD from YESASIA

DVD (SG - English Subtitled)

DVD (SG - English Subtitled)

Episode 1

Watch on DramaFever

Note : due to licensing, videos may not be available in your country

Source : /www.hancinema.net/ko...

credit : Hancinema

*** RAIN posted a clip last Saturday, Jan 20 when he went to watch an NBA Lakers game when he was in LA recently. Ohhh...........I wonder if that was Staple Center, though. He's chewing a gum - hahaha - Wow, his seat was so near, at the lower courtside, and a good seat I can say. He was so near with the team. The best seat to enjoy the game. COOL! RAIN loves basketball. Awesome! GO, Lakers! Must be great to see it live! I wonder if he's for the Lakers or Spurs, though. I'm sure he enjoyed his visit to LA & enjoying the watch. :lol:

*** RAIN also posted this picture holding a huge can of Italian chips. Ohhh..............that's a lot of salt, not good for the body. For those who love a crunchy snack, Amica Chips means crisps and appetizing baked goods guaranteed by the Italian quality and enjoyment for good food. This is the most popular product on the Italian market. Yummy, though. Enjoy.... He chose salt although there are variants like Pepper & Veggy. Hmmm.............BTW, this picture isn't recent. This was during his Italy trip last year. :lol:

*** It was their 1st wedding anniversary last January 19.....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, RAIN & KTH! I wonder how did they celebrate this. May the (3) of you always be healthy. :lol:

*** RAIN posted several pictures of food at a Petrossian Restaurant. Everything looks very appetizing. It's a fine dining. It's RAIN's life - food! Looks pricey - a luxury meal! I guess this isn't recent. This may be during his last Paris trip. :lol:

*** ArenaKorea posted this picture/clip of RAIN whose the cover for the magazine next month, February. They posted with a caption - " The cover man of <Arena> February issue is singer and actor rain (@rain_oppa). Last year, I showed my mini album "MY LIFE " and made an impressive stage for everyone. " - As soon as 2018 comes to light, interviews of <Arena> with Rain can be found in the February issue of <Arena>._ # Rain  #arena_cover #arena_februaryissue " - RAIN looks so COOL here. :lol:

Note : I don't think the clip is working very well................ ^_^

*** The IGer posted the magazine where RAIN is the cover for next month, February with a caption - " Nice to see you here.
You're already here.
# Arena Homme Plus # February
# Jung Hoon # Rain # Singer Rain
# 2018 S / S # magazine # collection value # all
# Weekend bookstore # Many people # magazine power
# Trend # Tutorial

11 K-Pop Idols Who Started Their Own Record Labels

2 Rain

Ysg7jby1-560b-1YxibdC_fHDVnESzS3ID7Av03C

Rain is both a successful singer and actor. He is also a highly regarded mentor to rookie artists in the field.

In 2015, he opened his individual agency called “Rain Company”, where he is currently the sole artist. His own agency is widely known for having employed the best staff to handle all of his needs as an actor and artist. In the future, Rain Company plans to hire more staff and also sign artists.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

*** RAIN posted this picture TODAY, January 23...............Wow, I wonder where he is......I heard that he's in Saigon in the picture. But, it seems that I can see the view of Lotte Tower there, too.  Awww.........or I might be wrong, though..... Or this is another old photo, like when he was in Taiwan last year? Or may be in Saigon? He was in that place last 2016. This might be outside Seoul, maybe another country? Great view.  RAIN seems to be enjoying life - hahaha - He looks so COOL drinking while sitting in a sofa. Hot daddy! Whatever............. chillax!  Pls. keep posting! :lol:

Here's to confirm that this is an old picture during his trip to Saigon last 2016................. :lol:

26907273_2001895376699064_11334342491572

*** It says -

Rain "2018" - "Do you want to see actor Jung Ji Hoon in a drama"

0003703236_001_20180123091155302.jpg?typ

0003703236_002_20180123091155313.jpg?typ

0003703236_003_20180123091155320.jpg?typ

Rain who showed active activity with his mini album 'MY LIFE' at the end of last year became the face of February in the men's fashion magazine 'Arena Homme Plus'.

Together with Montblanc bags, Rain has made a soft, romantic appearance for Valentine's Day themed in February issue. He went for a soft, romantic boyfriend look against a light pink background. In the  interview, he told about his album activity last year as well as being a singer in his 16th year. He also said he plans to show his being an actor side in the movie "Uhm bok-dong", which is scheduled to open this year, 2018.

A romantic man's picture that matches for Valentine can be seen in the February issue of 'Arena Homme Plus'.

/misskim321@osen.co,kr

[Photos] Arena Homme Plus

credit : Naver News

[화보] 비 "2018년? '엄복동'·드라마로 배우 정지훈 보여줄 것"

[OSEN=김은애 기자] 지난해 말 미니 앨범 'MY LIFE愛'로 활발한 활동을 보여준 비가 남성 패션지 '아레나 옴므 플러스'의 2월호 얼굴이 됐다.

비는 몽블랑의 가방과 함께 2월 밸런타인데이에 걸맞는 부드럽고 낭만적인 모습을 소화해냈다. 여전히 풋풋한 청년의 모습을 보여주는 비는 이번 촬영에서 역시 준비된 ‘로맨틱 가이’의 면모를 뽐내 스태프들의 감탄을 자아냈다고. 이어지는 인터뷰에서 그는 지난해 말 앨범 활동 이야기와 함께 16년 차 가수로서의 마음가짐과 태도에 대한 이야기를 들려줬다. 또, 2018년 개봉 예정인 영화 '자전차왕 엄복동'과 드라마 등으로 배우 정지훈의 모습을 보여줄 예정이라고 전했다.

2월이 어울리는 로맨틱한 남자 비의 화보는 '아레나 옴므 플러스' 2월호에서 만날 수 있다. /misskim321@osen.co,kr

[사진] 아레나 옴므플러스