Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** "The Unit" is on VIKI but no English subs available yet this time.....:tongue: - Here are the EPs last weekend, Saturday/Sunday.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iacmmscaNI&feature=player_embedded

Boy group IM received a “super boot” from the audience. They performed November 4.  IM’s Gi Joong was already known for being the youngest male contestant and the center of the music video "My Turn". The group performed SEVENTEEN’s “Very Nice,” impressing both the judges and the audience and succeeding in getting a super boot. RAIN complimented Gi Joong’s charismatic eyes, jokingly asking him why he stared at Rain while performing. Gi Joong made everyone laugh by replying that it was because Rain was so good looking. :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCR6VSSgfVU

All five members of Boys Republic tried out for their chance on the show with their performance of EXO’s “Overdose” and a remix dance break. Rain asked Boys Republic’s Sungjun if he was really the best dancer of the team, and he danced to Ed Sheeran’s “Galway Girl” in response. Rain asked if any other members thought they were better than Sungjun and wanted to show their dance. Minsu raised his hand and dance freestyle to a remix of “Never Be Like You” by Flume. Sungjun, OneJunn, and Suwoong ended up passing the audition. :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qjotds3YaM

Three-month-old rookie group H.B.Y appeared with all five members.  H.B.Y member Marco caught the attention of the judges, and they watched excitedly with high anticipation. Rain was unimpressed with the stage and frankly told Marco that it was less than he expected. In response, Marco freestyle danced to DJ Khaled’s “Fed Up” where he showcased more of his dance skills and charm for the judges. Rain remarked, “There’s a difference between goofing off while having skills and goofing off without any, but it was cool to watch you have fun on stage with skills,” and also praised the gap between his appearance before and during performing. All of the senior mentors chose to pass Marco but none of the other members. :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0ba0LoNcII

Boyfriend and 100% appeared on the November 4 episode.  Boyfriend is a boy group consisting of six members from Starship Entertainment. Only Donghyun passed with all six judges voting for him. RAIN comforted the eliminated members, saying, “Donghyun’s success is also Boyfriend’s success.” Next up were 100%, a boy group in TOP Media under Shinhwa’s Andy.  Despite the group’s clean performance, the only one who was accepted on the program was Rokhyun. Rain praised, “As soon as you came out, I thought ‘he’s a hit.'” :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WEtSJ0VCfU

MADTOWN’s main vocal Lee Geon and main dancer Daewon appeared on the November 4 episode. As soon as they came out, the first thing RAIN pointed out were their outfits, which appeared to be plain tracksuits. He asked, “Did your agency not support you?” J.Tune Camp, their former agency, shut down, and the idol group was reportedly sold to the agency GNI Entertainment. The MADTOWN members performed “WHO YOU?,” originally by BIGBANG’s G-Dragon. However, Lee Geon made a mistake, which shocked everyone in the room, including himself. Rain gave him a chance by asking him to sing a song. After Lee Geon sang, there was a smile on Rain’s face, and he commented, “We got ourselves a main vocal.” :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWjNTUIDi54

On the November 4 episode, SONAMOO’s Euijin performed “Bubble Pop” by HyunA, who also happens to be a mentor and judge on the show. RAIN commented, “However, the truth is that your singing and dancing skills are lacking. I hope you realize that.” He also added, “HyunA said she would like to see your performance again. I hope when that happens, you’ll appear in front of us with great improvement.” :tongue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lySJ8cdapEQ

Two more members of HOTSHOT are giving it their all on a survival program! Hojung expressed, “I’m so happy. I will work even harder from now on. Please watch over us.” Timoteo also commented, “My closest friend dreamt of becoming a singer by watching Rain, but I thought that I wanted to become a singer as well when I saw that friend dancing to Rain. I was able to perform right in front of those two and receive a good result, so I’m even happier.” RAIN expressed his surprise, as none of the other judges had been aware that Timoteo and SHINee’s Taemin are close friends, and have been for 11 years since they were in elementary school. According to Rain, Taemin had not said a single word about how someone he knew would be auditioning. Timoteo was previously a trainee at SM Entertainment, where he trained alongside Taemin and EXO’s Kai. When Rain urged Taemin to say a few words before HOTSHOT went off stage, he suddenly teared up, saying, “I don’t think I can.” After calming down, Taemin said, “I’ve never cried like this. However, I kept on seeing Timoteo struggle and wanted to support him. I received a lot of help from him myself, and it was sad to see him not receive the spotlight he deserves…I’m happy to see him acknowledged here. Honestly, I was so nervous for my friend. But, their performance was very cool, and I’m so proud.” He complimented Hojung for his efforts as well. :tongue:

credit : soompi news

The Top 10 Richest Idols In All of K-Pop, The ranking in your head is most likely wrong

With K-Pop’s massive popularity all over the world, the country’s top idols are able to make huge fortunes.

Whether from album and ticket sales, merchandise, and brand deals, these 10 idols are among the richest in Korea!

4. Rain – $20 Million USD

Rain was already a massive star in Korea before he became the first K-Pop star to successfully transition to Hollywood, where he starred in the Hollywood action movie, Ninja Assassin. 

As both a hit in Asia and the USA, Rain’s consistently increasing popularity over the last 15 years has amassed him a $20 Million fortune.

rain.png

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source: Celebrity Net Worth / Koreaboo

LINK to View the FULL article : http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/top-10-richest-idols-kpop-ranking-head-likely-wrong/

*** RAIN started filming for the variety show upon arrival in Taiwan until late in the evening. I heard that they visited the monument called Queen’s Head at Yehliu, an iconic image in Taiwan.  Yehliu's trademark Queen's Head is an example of a mushroom rock. It is nature at his best. This particular area along Taiwan’s northern coastline is famous for its beautiful landscapes. In fact, Yehliu was awarded the honor of being the “Most Beautiful Landscape in Taiwan.” I heard that after dinner they went to a hair salon. Can’t wait for this show. Taiwan is a beautiful country. He’ll be very busy visiting different places there for 3-days. :tongue:

credit : kamila - Rain's Cafe

*** "The Unit" won for the Audition Variety Program. Congratulations to the whole team of the show. :tongue:

Winners Announced For 2018 Korea First Brand Awards

On November 6, the Korea Customers Council announced the winners for the 2018 Korea First Brand Awards.

250,000 consumers participated in voting from October 18 through October 29 on the official website. The awards are to determine the brands that are expected to lead 2018 in various categories including culture, economy, society, people, and more.

The 2018 Korea First Brand Awards will hold a ceremony for the winners on December 21 at Conrad Seoul.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Check out the full list of winners below!

CF Model: Jeon Somi
Male Idol: MONSTA X
Female Idol: Chungha
Male Acting Idol: BTOB’s Yook Sungjae
Female Acting Idol: DIA’s Jung Chae Yeon
Actor: Yoon Kyun Sang
Actress: Song Ha Yoon
Rap/Hip Hop Musician: BewhY
Male Variety Star: DinDin
Female Variety Star: Secret’s Jun Hyosung
Indie/Folk Artist: 20 Years of Age
Musical Actor: Jung Sung Hwa
Musical Actress: Ock Joo Hyun
Best Couple: Nam Hee Suk – Lee Kyung Min
Sports Player: Hwang Dae Heon
Sports Entertainer: Shin Soo Ji
Webtoon Writer: Kian84
Foreign Variety Star: Alberto Mondi
Child Actor: Lee Na Yoon
Gifted Education Expert: Im Seo Young
Audition Variety Program: KBS2 “The Unit
Drama: SBS “While You Were Sleeping
Talk Show: tvN “Life Bar”
Family Variety Program: SBS “Same Bed Different Dreams 2 – You Are My Destiny”
Travel Variety Program: MBC Every1 “Welcome to Korea”
Professional Male Volleyball Team: Daejeon Samsung Fire Bluefangs
Professional Female Volleyball Team: Incheon Heungkuk Life Pink Spiders
Professional Baseball Team: Hanhwa Eagles
Professional Male Basketball Team: Seoul SK Knights

Source (1) / soompi news

*** So, it’s not December 2………..:tongue:

Rain Reveals Date And Additional Details For Upcoming Comeback

Rain.jpg

Rain is gearing up for his comeback!

On November 7, a source from his agency commented, “It appears that Rain’s new album release date will be December 1,” and added that it is likely to be a mini album.

For the upcoming comeback, Rain is in charge of all aspects of the album including lyrics, composition, arrangement, and production. He is working with Brand New Music producer Tae Wan, who previously produced Rain’s hit track “Rainism.”

Meanwhile, Rain and his wife Kim Tae Hee welcomed their first child on October 25. He is currently also a mentor and MC for “The Unit.”

Watch Rain on “The Unit” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

***It says here about his December 1 comeback, “The Unit” rebooting show & the JTBC variety show. Rain has finally decided to come back on the first day of December. They have recently confirmed this schedule and are working on preparing for the album to finish. His last album has been released in a long time.

Rain 's new album is released in three years and 11 months since the release of his last  6th album' RAIN EFFECT 'was in January 2014. It will be a mini album this time.

Rain has worked hard for this album since this will be his comeback in Korea for a long time. This comeback is highly anticipated as a singer.

Rain has worked with Tae - Wan of Brand New Music, which has produced a lot of hits with him. Tae-Wan has participated in the production of 'Back to the Basic', which includes Rain's 5th album 'Rainism'. It is a collaboration that is expected to be a 'big hit' again after seven years.

Rain is continuing various activities ahead of comeback. He leads as a senior mentor in KBS 2TV Rebooting Program "The Unit". On the 6th, he left for Taiwan for JTBC variety show with the team to film for (3) days.

Meanwhile, Rain and his wife Kim Tae Hee welcomed their 1st child on October 25.

This year marks the 15th anniversary of his debut.

[단독] "아빠→가수"..비, 12월1일 역대급 컴백 확정

0003655717_001_20171107075718044.jpg?typ

[OSEN=선미경 기자] 가수 비가 12월 1일로 컴백일을 확정지었다.

7일 복수의 가요관계자에 따르면 비는 내달 1일로 컴백일을 최종 결정했다. 최근 일정을 확정 짓고 막바지 준비에 매진하고 있다. 오랜만에 발표하는 새 앨범인 만큼 완성도 높은 신보를 발표하겠다는 목표다.

비의 새 앨범은 지난 2014년 1월 발표했던 정규6집 'RAIN EFFECT' 이후 3년 11개월 만에 발표하는 신보다. 이번에는 미니앨범이 될 전망이다. 비는 국내에서 오랜만에 가수로 컴백하는 만큼 음악적 완성도를 높이기 위해 각별히 노력했다. 가수로서 뛰어난 역량을 가진 만큼 역대급 컴백이 될 것으로 기대를 모은다.

비는 이번 앨범을 그와 함께 많은 히트곡을 탄생시킨 브랜뉴뮤직 소속 태완과 함께 작업했다. 태완은 지난 2008년 비의 5집 '레이니즘'을 비롯해, 2010년 '널 붙잡을 노래'가 수록된 'Back To The Basic' 프로듀싱에 참여한 바 있다. 7년만의 협업으로 '대박' 곡의 탄생이 예상되는 조합이다. 오랜 조합인 만큼 시너지도 기대해볼 수 있다.

비는 가수 컴백을 앞두고 다양한 활동도 이어가고 있는 상황. KBS 2TV 서바이벌 프로그램 '더 유닛'을 통해 멘토로 후배들을 이끌고 있으며, 컴백과 함께 예능 활동에도 시동을 걸었다. 지난 6일에는 종합편성채널 JTBC '뭉쳐야 뜬다' 팀과 함께 대만으로 출국, 컴백 이후 예능에서도 얼굴을 볼 수 있을 전망이다.

특히 비는 지난달 김태희와 첫 딸을 얻으며 행복한 나날을 보내고 있다. 가수 컴백에 앞서 딸을 품에 안으며 겹경사를 맞은 것. 멘토, 아빠, 그리고 가수로서 비의 활동이 기대되는 대목이다.

올해로 데뷔 15주년을 맞으며 특별한 컴백을 준비하고 있는 비. 컴백 일정을 확정 지은 만큼 그가 보여줄 '역대급' 연말 가요대전이 주목된다.

credit : /seon@osen.co.kr - Naver News

• Like 1

*** It makes me smile to see "The Unit' ranking well. It's a great way for the weekend show.  There are so many groups/talents who need support. :tongue:

“The Unit” Tops Content Power Index Rankings

The-Unit1.jpg

Idol rebooting show “The Unit” is already showing high popularity!

The Content Power Index assesses TV programs for their overall popularity and influence on consumer behavior. Factors such as number of searches, news subscriptions, and social media buzz are analyzed to determine the rankings. On November 6, Nielsen Korea and CJ E&M announced the results for the week of October 23 to 29.

“The Unit” appeared on the rankings for the first time and landed at No. 1. The rest of the top five spots are held by SBS programs, benefiting from the ongoing strikes at MBC and KBS.

The top five shows on this week’s ranking are as follows:

1. KBS2 “The Unit”
  2. SBS “Running Man
  3. SBS “Degree of Love
  4. SBS “While You Were Sleeping
  5. SBS “My Ugly Duckling

“The Unit” airs every Saturday at 9:15 p.m. KST.

Watch the latest episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1