Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

***  We can see the (6) mentors here on-discussion. So lucky those audience who were there during this public recording. They were actively exchanged opinions with each other for a careful judgment based on their own knowledge. I wonder what they were discussing, though..... Participants selected in the first public recording are trained to join the camp and become unit members. :tongue:

'더유닛' 6人 멘토, 열띤 토론+관객 챙기기..'일당백 활약'

0003630616_001_20171002141135959.jpg?typ

[OSEN=정소영 기자] 비, 황치열, 현아, 태민, 산이, 조현아의 '일당백' 활약이 예고됐다. 

오는 10월 28일(토) 첫 방송을 앞둔 KBS 아이돌 리부팅 프로젝트 ‘더 유닛’의 비, 황치열, 현아, 태민, 산이, 조현아가 공개녹화 현장에서 머리를 맞대고 열정을 쏟아 부었다. 때문에 어떤 이유로 고심하고 있는지 궁금증을 모으고 있다.

6인은 녹화가 진행되는 동안 진지한 태도로 후배들이 준비한 무대를 지켜봤다. 후배들의 숨겨진 가능성과 잠재력을 발굴하기 위해 3일 동안 이어진 녹화에도 지친 기색 없이 프로페셔널한 면모를 보였다는 후문.

또한 각 분야에서 최고의 위치에 있는 선배 군단은 자신만의 노하우를 바탕으로 작은 일이라도 신중한 판단을 하기 위해 서로 활발하게 의견을 나눴다고. 이에 한 자리에 모여 심사숙고 하고 있는 모습이 호기심을 자극, 그 속에 담긴 이야기가 무엇일지 관심이 쏠린다.

뿐만 아니라 선배군단은 후배들은 물론 현장을 찾아준 방청객들까지 두루두루 챙기며 다정다감한 면모를 보였다. 달달한 초콜릿을 선물, 관객들의 에너지를 충전시키며 공개 녹화장에 활력을 불어넣었다.

한편, ‘더 유닛’은 연예계 데뷔 경력이 있고 무대에서 꿈을 펼치고 싶은 참가자들의 재능을 발굴, 최강 아이돌 어벤져스를 만든다. 첫 공개녹화에서 뽑힌 참가자들은 합숙에 참여해 유닛 멤버가 되기 위한 트레이닝 중이다. 

‘더 유닛’은 오는 10월 28일(토) 첫 방송된다. / jsy901104@osen.co.kr

[사진] '더 유닛' 제공

credit : Osen

• Like 1

*** This picture of RAIN & KTH was not recent but I heard this was before they had vacation in Europe. Wow, they were spotted in Cheongdam-dong Anderson C (a coffee shop) :tongue: Look at how KTH is sitting, I guess she's having a hard time now because of her big tummy.....RAIN was staring at her .....I'm happy to see them together.....But, up to now, I still haven't seen her full-shot facing the cam.  :tongue:

20837288_1552245751516748_73372761256445

credit : raincloudworld/Rain's Cafe

• Like 2

*** Waiting for this show. :tongue:

“The Unit” Releases Photos Of Mentors Deep In Discussion During Auditions

Taemin-HyunA-Rain.jpg

“The Unit” has revealed photos of its panel of mentors during the auditions last weekend.

The mentors of the idol rebooting program (Rain, Hwang Chi Yeol, HyunA, San E, Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyun Ah, and SHINee’s Taemin) were seen hard at work at the auditions. The show also previously released photos of them in the waiting room.

The six mentors monitored the contestants’ performances closely and seriously during the auditions. The recording went on for three days straight to discover the hidden potential of the contestants, but the mentors are said to have been professional the entire time, not showing a hint of exhaustion.

As they are each on the top of their own fields, the mentors shared their personal input so that the best decision could be made. The photos show them both watching the contestants as well as huddled in circles while discussing seriously.

The-Unit.jpg

The mentors also showed their consideration for the audience who were at the recording. They gave chocolates as little gifts, recharging the audience’s energy.

KBS’s “The Unit” is a survival program that aims to discover the potential of idols who have already debuted but haven’t yet achieved success, and it will debut one male and one female group. The contestants chosen during these auditions have now entered the training camp for “The Unit.”

The first episode of “The Unit” is set to air on October 28.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1

Into failed idols’ lives a little Rain will fall : Aside from new movie, album and on-the-way child, singer’s reality show helps artistes ‘reboot’

01200115.jpg

Singer Jung Ji-hoon, better known by his stage name Rain, is having the best year of his life. In January, the singer exchanged marital vows with top actress Kim Tae-hee, and the couple is expecting a child at the end of the year. Kim is seven months pregnant.

Rain’s career has been a bit quiet these days, but the upcoming months are packed with action: an upcoming movie, album and TV show within the next three months.

Rain recently finished shooting “The Cyclist King,” his first movie since “R2B: Return to Base” (2012). December will see the release of his first mini-album in three years, with fans awaiting another hit song to follow in the footsteps of “Rainism” (2008) and “How to Avoid the Sun” (2003).

Before the movie and the album comes KBS channel’s idol rebooting project, “The Unit,” the first episode of which will air on Oct. 28. Rain will play mentor to performers who have been forgotten by the public, his first fixed role on an entertainment show since his debut in 1998 as part of former idol group Fan Club.

He may be married to one of the most beautiful actresses in Korea, with professional success that other idols envy. But Rain’s successes have been accompanied by failures. In 1998, he debuted as part of an idol team, Fan Club, that made no impact on the public and was soon dissolved. With that kind of experience in the industry, from the nadir to the apex, fans are excited to hear what the superstar has got to say to idols looking to reboot their careers on “The Unit.”

The Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, sat down for an interview with the singer. Following are excerpts.

Q. What made you choose to appear on “The Unit” when there are so many other talent programs?

A.
The point of this show is to reboot. I’ve always thought, “Why shouldn’t there be a revival game for the losers?” Because, although people don’t realize it, there are a lot of people who haven’t been able to show what they’ve got because they weren’t given the chance or their circumstances didn’t allow for that to happen. I’ve seen them, and that really made me think about my past. I thought, “I used to be like that once.” Back then, no show called us to come on. I was confident I could do well if someone just gave me a chance. So I think highly of those who are looking for another chance on “The Unit” and I was really moved by them.

Some say that the idea of a reboot is actually cruel, because they might fail a second time.

Some might say that, but I think that they need to “taste the meat” at least once. Once they get a taste of what success is actually like, they’ll work harder because they know what it’s like and they’ve been given another chance. Some people might get more complacent. At that point, we could tell who’s worth it. And that’s really up to the individuals. They have to face the fact that if they show how hard and sad it’s been for them, it might actually turn out to be more painful this time, or that the fact they’re on the news, even it is for a short while, might not be welcomed by the public. And if there’s someone who lags behind, then that’s because they misunderstood the “taste” and didn’t try anymore. There will be some who will survive with their passion among the 200 to 300 people who participated.

Is it true that you decided to be on “The Unit” because of your painful past in Fan Club?

My past as part of an idol group isn’t only painful. I actually learned a lot. I learned what to do when things get tough for me. I actually thought that my life ended when the group disbanded. I had to work part time jobs to make ends meet. I helped build some of the apartments in Ilsan (Gyeonggi) back then. I did part-time jobs at convenience stores, but the easiest thing for me to do was sing and dance. That’s what kept me going. And then, I got a chance to audition for Park Jin-young, and he saw what I had in me. I had been rejected by other companies, but I had been given a revival chance. I wanted to tell that to the people on “The Unit.” I hope they think of it as an open door to another path, like the one when I met [Park] Jin-young at.

What has been your happiest moment?

Right now. I’m living the happiest moment of my life.

When was your hardest?

I’ve been caught up in a lot of rumors and there were times I felt so angry when I was accused of something I didn’t do. But the hardest times were right after I debuted. I probably felt the same as the participants of “The Unit” feel right now. I had no money to buy food, and I sometimes had no time to shower. It was hard not being able to eat, wash and sleep, but more so because I was always worrying when people would start noticing that I released an album. In the entertainment field, you win if you survive, but it’s not easy surviving.

You married top actress Kim Tae-hee. Why did you decide to have a small wedding?

I always wanted to have a small wedding. I’ve been thinking about the meaning of a wedding. Of course, we could have had a big one with everyone invited, but would that have been a meaningful wedding? And my wife was on the same page. We really didn’t think it would be this much of an issue. Because, everyone knew we were going to get married, and we’d been dating for over five years - publicly, too. Maybe it became a big issue because we hid it from the public. But I was really happy at my wedding, with my bride, family and a few friends.

What does family mean to you?

Everything, really. It’s the same for everyone. You live your life to the fullest because you have your family. I never regret a moment with my family, and I feel like everything’s going to be okay when I’m with them. That’s what family is.

What’s your goal for the future?

I hope I get to smile and laugh tomorrow as well. That sounds easy, but it’s actually not so easy being able to do that every day. And to live well with my family, take good care of my employees; I think these are the best goals one could have. Of course, I have big ambitions inside.

BY KIM YEON-JI [yoon.soyeon@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

*** I honestly CAN'T WAIT!  I think this will be a great show. :tongue:

'The Unit' staff shares new photos of the mentors recording for the highly-anticipated first episode

HyunA-Taemin-San-E-Rain-urban-zakapa-hwa

Set to kick off its first episode on October 28, the staff of KBS idol rebooting project 'The Unit' teased fans once again with new still cut photos.

The photos released on October 2 feature the six mentors, Rain, Hwang Chi Yeol, SHINee's Taemin, San E, HyunA, and Urban Zakapa's Jo Hyun Ah. The artists can be seen on set recording for the highly-anticipated first episode.

The sunbaes were spotted looking after their fellow hoobae stars as well as attendees, handing out chocolate gifts.

Meanwhile, many are looking forward to how the six mentors will interact with one another.

HyunA_Taemin_San-E_Rain_urban-zakapa_hwa

source : allkpop

• Like 1

*** They look very cute & lovely together despite that we could only see their backs. It seems that not so many were there in the coffee shop during that time. At least, they had their privacy - but, surely the one who took their picture was there inside - hahaha - Of course, we want to respect their privacy but well, who doesn't love this, huh? :tongue:

Rain and Kim Tae Hee captured on a date

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain.jpg

Rain and Kim Tae Hee have been captured on a date. 

The new photo of the celebrity couple was taken at a cafe in Cheongdam-dong. Rain is spotted gazing at his lovely wife sitting next to him. It's reported that Kim Tae Hee, who's currently 8 months pregnant, now has a big baby bump.

Last month, the couple was captured enjoying a trip in Europe. Kim Tae Hee is expected to give birth in November while Rain works as a mentor on new idol rebooting program 'The Unit'. 

Kim-Tae-Hee_Rain_1507048222_kth.jpg

• Like 1

*** KTH's expected delivery is nearing - I wonder & curious what's their baby's name will be. Will it be a "unisex" name? But, I'm pretty sure that name will be COOL! She will have a cute name. Would it end with "Yoon", which means "eldest" in Korea? Or "Ah", which means beauty/elegant for girl's name.  It's common among baby girl. Hahaha - :tongue:

*** The most eye-catching thing here are the mentors line up, which bring the unit’s vocals, dancing, manners, & performances. Mentors had a meeting before the audition. 'The Unit’s ‘goal is re - engraved. Based from these recent pictures it seems that mentors are comfortable now with each other. RAIN is senior among them –that’s why, he’s more responsive than anyone.  He also knows better than anyone. I heard that Taemin's attitude is also good. Hyeon-ah is the one who lead women (unit) groups. In 'The Unit' the audience will vote first. You need to be recognized by the audience so that you can come to the next stage. Mentors will discover (hidden) talent from the participants. "Mentors will see their potential, and if they have the potential to develop, they will provide (additional) opportunities because they have a training system. Mentors have to be observant. Can’t wait to see the best unit to come out here. Can’t wait for October 28! More Power to the Mentors! :tongue:

0000036229_001_20171004163026868.jpg?typ

0000036229_002_20171004163026915.jpg?typ

0000036229_004_20171004163026975.jpg?typ

Spoiler

0000036229_005_20171004163027254.jpg?typ

0000036229_007_20171004163027351.jpg?typ

0000036229_008_20171004163027381.jpg?typ

0000036229_013_20171004163027677.jpg?typ

0000036229_020_20171004163027989.jpg?typ

0000036229_021_20171004163028058.jpg?typ

0000036229_022_20171004163028086.jpg?typ

0000036229_023_20171004163028296.jpg?typ

0000036229_024_20171004163028369.jpg?typ

0000036229_025_20171004163028393.jpg?typ

0000036229_027_20171004163028450.jpg?typ

0000036229_029_20171004163028539.jpg?typ

0000036229_030_20171004163028577.jpg?typ

0000036229_031_20171004163028598.jpg?typ

0000036229_032_20171004163028623.jpg?typ

0000036229_033_20171004163028645.jpg?typ

0000036229_036_20171004163028725.jpg?typ

0000036229_039_20171004163028975.gif?typ

source : Dispatch

Spoiler

• Like 1

*** This year marks one of the longest breaks for Chuseok with the holiday lasting from September 30 to October 9. I wonder where are RAIN & KTH celebrating Chuseok, huh? Most businesses in Korea right now are temporarily closing down to enjoy the 10-day break. :tongue:

Contestants Of KBS’s Idol Rebooting Show “The Unit” Give It Their All In New Audition Stills

The-Unit-13.jpg

As the clock ticks down until its premiere,” KBS’s “The Unit” has revealed new photos of several mysterious contestants at auditions.

Open auditions for the idol rebooting show began on September 29, and approximately 200 idols tried out for a chance to be on the program. 126 undisclosed contestants—63 male and 63 female idols—who succeeded in moving on to the next round moved into dorms on October 2. They will be divided into 14 teams of nine members each for upcoming missions, with males and females in separate groups.

On October 5, “The Unit” shared more photos of the mentors—Rain, San E, HyunA, Hwang Chi Yeol, Urban Zakapa’s Jo Hyun Ah, and SHINee’s Taemin—at the first auditions as well as a look at some of the contestants. While the images do not clearly define who these contestants are, a couple appear to show DIA’s Yebin and Somyi and BIGSTAR.

The-Unit-1.jpg

The-Unit-2.jpg

The-Unit-3.jpg

Spoiler

The-Unit-5.jpg

The-Unit-11.jpg

The-Unit-12.jpg

The-Unit-4.jpg

The-Unit-9.jpg

KBS previously announced there will be a large fine of 100 million won (approximately $87,500) for any audience member who spoils the result of these auditions ahead of the first episode.

“The Unit” will show the performances and results of the auditions during its premiere on October 28.

Source (1) / soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 1

Netizens Criticize 'The Unit' Idol Reboot Project - Will Really Benefit Idols?

collage-png.png?w=650

Various K-Pop trainees, from familiar rookies to brand new faces, have been given a chance to become K-Pop idol stars thanks to the efforts of the newest KBS program 'The Unit' Idol Reboot Program. However, netizens are curious if the show will actually live up to these expectations.

unit2-jpg.jpg?w=650

While various mentors, such as SHINee's Taemin and HyunA, have stated the benefits of the program during a press conference, viewers more curious about the words coming from KBS themselves. PD Park Ji-Young (JYP) stated "This program will open a door of hope to new and previous trainees," especially since survival programs have become a hot phenomenon in Korea ever since the series 'Produce IOI' found success with IOI and Wanna One. 

"When I interview participants with show directors, many have been entering in tears. Every time I see participants who have desperate desires for their dreams, we learn a lot about their enthusiasm and it is now the beginning for them, not the end. This is the message we want to give," said JYP. 

unit-jpg.jpg?w=650

He continued, "Tthe purpose of the Idol Rebooting Project 'The Unit' is to provide a fair and equitable opportunity for those who have never had a stage to unleash their talents. The final unit of 'The Unit' will consist of 9 men and 9 women." They have also confirmed that trainees and idols will be participating from the following agencies; The organizers that confirmed the appearance on the 'The Unit' include 'Sharing Entertainment', 'Tree Eternity', 'New Planet Entertainment', 'Double S', 'DUNKE AMC', 'Rainbow Entertainment' 'Mafia Records', 'Mad Soul Child', 'Music Factory', 'Banana Culture Entertainment', 'Vine Entertainment', 'Box Media', 'Brand New Music', 'Brave Entertainment' , 'Black hole Entertainment', 'Beat Interactive', 'ShowWorks', 'Snowball Entertainment', 'Starship Entertainment', 'Star Empire', 'Star Crew', 'Arc Partners', 'Apple of Dia' 'Jenny Media', 'Jay Hollick Media', 'Climix Entertainment', 'Wonder Entertainment', 'Wings Entertainment', 'Universal Music' Kiwi Media Group ',' Ostrich Entertainment ',' Fanta 'Fun Entertainment', 'Happy Face Entertainment', 'Hyundai Company', 'Hyunda Company', 'Funny Entertainment', 'HunStar', 'BG Entertainment', 'C9 Entertainment', 'DSP Entertainment' , 'DWM Entertainment', 'GH Entertainment', 'HO Company', 'H2 Media', 'IMM ABB', 'JN Entertainment', 'JSL Company', 'MBK Entertainment', 'NH Entertainment', 'OUI Entertainment' , 'PH Entertainment', 'PR Entertainment', 'STL Entertainment', 'TOP Media', 'TS Entertainment', 'TSM Entertainment', 'WM Entertainment', 'YNB Entertainment', 'ZOO Entertainment' and so on. 

The show will begin airing on October 28th. Are you looking forward to meeting the participants and seeing the exciting stage performances?

© Copyright 2016 KpopStarz.com. All Rights Reserved.

*** Rain is coming back to the Philippines. He's to headline the Rise 2 Shine Benefit Concert on November 3, 8 p.m. at the Araneta Coliseum. The concert is for the benefit of Make Your Nanay Proud Foundation and Ko-Ph World Foundation for Korean-Filipino children and families. Also, the Rise 2 Shine Benefit Concert is for the victims of Marawi, a war-stricken city in the southern region of the Philippines. Tickets for the Rise 2 Shine Benefit Concert are available in Moshpit A, Moshpit B, VIP SRO, VIP Seating, Gold, Silver, and Bronze categories. Please see ticket prices below - Tickets are already inclusive of ticket charges. Tickets are on sale at all TicketNet outlets. :tongue:

Rain-Seat-Plan.jpg?resize=768,747

Rain-Ticket-Prices.jpg?w=500

cr-hellokpop

*** “The Unit', which will broadcast on October 28 finished its first public recording last September 29 (Friday), September 30 (Saturday) and October 1 (Sunday). I heard that Rain watched the performances of the juniors during the (3) days public recording that lasted more than 15 hours every day. In addition, they say that Rain kept on checking & see the videotaped of the participants. :tongue:

0003631866_001_20171005133259562.jpg?typ

credit : OSEN

*** RAIN is really passionate and focuses on everything he does. Mentoring really fits him to a T. :tongue:

Staff Of “The Unit” Praises Rain For His Passion And Dedication As A Mentor

Rain.jpg

Singer Rain is set to be a mentor on KBS 2TV’s idol rebooting program “The Unit,” and he is giving his all for the responsibilities that have been placed on his shoulders.

“The Unit” team opened up about their first open recording sessions that were held from September 29 to October 1.

They revealed that through the open recording sessions and the training process, Rain has proven just how much he cares about his juniors. Despite the fact that filming took place over 15 hours each day, Rain stayed focused as he watched each contestant’s performance. Even during breaks, he is said to have kept looking over contestant profiles to make sure that he didn’t miss a single detail.

It has also been revealed that Rain would cut back on his sleep so that he could rewatch recordings of the contestants’ performances.

The team of “The Unit” stated, “Rain is doing his best so he doesn’t miss a single ounce of potential or hidden talent that people may have. Rain put his all into the three days of filming because he knows how much his juniors want this.”

Viewers will be able to follow the journey that Rain takes with his juniors on “The Unit” from October 28.

Source (1) / soompi news

*** RAIN really likes to help & give hope to them. I hope this show is going to be awesome. 15-hours is too much time and dedication to spend on other people. So, that’s being so sweet & kind of him. :tongue:

Rain revealed to have spent over 15 hours per day on 'The Unit' contestants

Rain.jpg

Rain poured his time and effort into helping the idols trying for a new chance on 'The Unit'.

KBS 2TV's idol rebooting show finished their first open recording on October 1. During the recording, Rain gave great advice to the idols; however, he also worked hard even when cameras weren't rolling so he could give advice to all the idols who were trying out. He spent over 15 hours per day on set and even looked over the recordings of stages off the set, so he could help in any way possible.

SEE ALSO: Rain teases fans with a picture ahead of 'The Unit' premiere

Make sure to tune into the first episode airing on October 28!

*** "The Unit" has high number of contestants. Rain being sunbae here....so, he's the leader among the mentors.  ( Sunbae(선배, 先輩) is a word that refers to people with more experience (at work, school, etc)..... I heard that even up to now there are still more idols willing to compete! Can't wait! :tongue:

Rain teases fans with a picture ahead of 'The Unit' premiere

Rain.jpg

Rain uploaded a photo on his personal Instagram to tease viewers ahead of KBS' 'The Unit' premiere.

SEE ALSO: Rain revealed to have spent over 15 hours per day on 'The Unit' contestants

On September 29, Rain posted a photo of himself and the rest of the mentors discussing something in the waiting room. The caption reads, "#TheUnit #Meeting #AboveExpectation #AmazingQualityStage #Start #Taemin #HyunA #JoHyunAh #HwangChiYeol #SanE #ExpectGreatStage." Following the photo, fans are getting more excited for the premiere on October 28.

Check out the post below!

***Oh.....this is so sweet, caring & loving of him as a husband whose wife is in full-term & due soon for delivery. (I’m curious to see what the baby will look like) I wish she delivers safely. And RAIN is a family-oriented person through the years so, I’m not surprised. Besides, it’s Chuseok holiday right now & it’s expected that they should be at least together.  It's awesome that he's taking care of KTH like that especially that he knows she’s waiting for him at home. No doubt that RAIN is going to be really good to her. RAIN loved his Mom very much & I’m sure he loves KTH that much, too. This is how a marriage should be – Family will always be your priority. I really wish them the best. :tongue:

RAIN rushes home every night on the dot for pregnant wife

LINK here : http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.my/2017/10/rain-rushes-home-every-night-on-dot-for.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

*** This article is about the one I posted above......:tongue: He's a wonderful husband & I'm sure he'll be a great father.

비, 만삭 아내 김태희 위해 열일 중..칼퇴근은 기본

0002650364_001_20171006084124114.jpg?typ

가수 겸 배우 비(본명 정지훈)이 만삭인 아내 김태희를 위해 열일 중이다.

비는 지난 9월 28일 영화 '자전차왕 엄복동' 촬영을 모두 마쳤고, KBS 2TV 새 예능프로그램인 아이돌 리부팅 프로젝트 '더 유닛'의 촬영을 이어가고 있다.

관계자에 따르면 비는 영화에 이어 방송 활동까지 바쁜 일정을 소화 중이지만 아내와 곧 태어날 2세에 대한 애정이 남다르다. 그는 지난 4월 크랭크인한 '자전차왕 엄복동'이 지방 촬영에서도 새벽 촬영이 없으면 집으로 돌아와 아내를 돌봤다는 후문이다.

예비 아빠인 비는 '자전차왕 엄복동' 촬영을 마친 후 '더 유닛'에 합류한 후에도 예정된 촬영이 끝나면 곧장 집으로 향해 만삭 아내를 도우며 가정적인 남자의 면모를 보여주고 있다. 그는 오는 12월에는 새 음반 발매까지 준비하고 있는 가운데 예정된 일정 이외에는 집에서 가사도 척척 돕고 있다고 한다.

비와 김태희는 지난 1월 결혼했다. 김태희는 이어 5월 임신 소식을 전해 많은 이들의 축하를 받았다. 그녀는 이달 말 출산 예정이다.

한편 '자전차왕 엄복동'은 후시 작업에 돌입, 개봉 준비를 한다. 비, 이범수, 강소라, 민효린 등이 출연했다. 자전거 영웅 엄복동의 실화를 바탕으로 일제강점기 자전거 경주에서 일본 선수들과 대결하는 이야기다.

▶ 스타뉴스 단독 ▶ 핫포토

이경호 기자 sky@mtstarnews.com

<저작권자 ⓒ ‘리얼타임 연예스포츠 속보,스타의 모든 것’ 스타뉴스, 무단전재 및 재배포 금지>

• Like 2