Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain And Kim Tae Hee Expecting Their First Child

restmb_jhidxmake-8.jpg?resize=600,400

Rain and Kim Tae Hee are going to be father and mother soon.

On May 23, Kim Tae Hee‘s agency Ruach Entertainment revealed that the actress and her husband Rain are expecting their first child.

It stated: “Kim Tae-hee is currently 15-week pregnant. She needs to take care of herself. We believe that it’s the right thing to let the fans, who have been supporting the couple, know first. She will focus on prenatal care and prepare to become a mother.”

restmb_jhidxmake-1-2.jpg?resize=600%2C77

(Harper’s Bazaar Korea)

On January 19, the celebrity couple walked down the aisle in a church in Gahoe-dong, Jongno district, Seoul after five years of dating.

Rain recently commemorated his 15-year milestone with a Japanese tour. The idol paid a visit to three cities in Japan, officially wrapped up his tour on May 5. He is also currently busy preparing to make his big screen comeback with a project titled Uhm Bok-dong.

In February, Kim Tae Hee was reported to take on a new role in an upcoming TV drama or movie.

source : HelloKpop

Kim Tae Hee and Rain are expecting their first child together

a48db2a4-cd37-44e1-aebd-2a8af7444940.jpg

Congratulations are in order for celebrity couple Kim Tae Hee and Rain as they find themselves expecting a new addition to their family! Just how far along is the couple and what are their future plans? Keep reading to find out!

It was on January 19th of this year that we celebrated the love and matrimony of Rain and Kim Tae Hee. Now, it seems that another celebration is due as the two stars have reportedly started another exciting journey into parenthood!

On May 23, Kim Tae Hee’s agency Ruach Entertainment happily announced, 

“Kim Tae Hee is currently 15 weeks pregnant, so she has to be careful for the time being. However, rather than having the news be released as medical treatment, she believes that it is her duty to be the one to share the news to everyone who has cheered her on.”

Kim Tae Hee's agency continued to talk about her future plans going onto comment, 

“She will be focusing on prenatal education and plans to work hard as a wife and a mom.”

b183e7ac-efc9-4613-8a9d-6a40bc789a22.png

Meanwhile, Rain recently finished his fan meetup tour “The Confession” in Tokyo, Japan to celebrate the 15th anniversary of his debut. Rain is preparing to return to the screen with the upcoming film tentatively titled Uhm Bok Dong

Please join us in congratulating the couple on their exciting news and wishing them a healthy pregnancy!

source : dramafever

Makeup Artist Jung Saem Mool Shares Rain’s Sweet Reaction To His Bride Kim Tae Hee

Kim-Tae-Hee-Jung-Saem-Mool-Rain.jpg

Makeup artist Jung Saem Mool revealed Rain’s sweet reaction upon seeing his beautiful bride Kim Tae Hee at their wedding.

On May 23, Jung Saem Mool appeared on “War-mance, Best Friends And The City” special episode of MBC Every1’s “Video Star.”

While sharing her experience as Kim Tae Hee’s makeup artist at her wedding, Jung Saem Mool was asked groom Rain’s reaction when he saw his bride. She answered, “He had laser beams coming out of his eyes. He had this visibly a loving stare. He was lost for words and kept marveling at her beauty.”

Meanwhile, the couple recently announced that they are expecting their first child.

“Video Star” airs every Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. KST.

Source (1) / soompi news

[Lily's Take] Top Actors' Diet Secrets

For the actresses, diet is a destiny instilled into their lives that came along with the career, and the actors are no different when it comes to the battle of weight management.

According to the roles they take on, actors are extremely strict with their weight and muscle care, almost as hard as the professional athletes. Today, we will take a look at some of the top actors and their special diet.

Rain

photo851931.jpg

Here's a legendary successful case of extreme diet. For the Hollywood movie, "Ninja Assassin", Rain took a killer training for 8 months. As a result, he had a body fat percentage near 0% with a firm, muscular body.

photo851932.jpg

His body was quite muscular to begin with, but for the role, he lost 10kg. His main diet consisted of salmon, chicken breast and nuts.

credit : Hancinema

K-Pop idols' most revealing outfits [Male Edition]

After reviewing the most revealing outfits in K-Pop girl groups, it is time for the boys! You may be wondering, "How do men wear any revealing outfits?" This list will surely surprise you as we reveal which boy groups had some revealing outfits and showcased more skin than we could have imagined. And no, don't worry, we won't spam you with J.Y. Park this time... or will we? >:)

2. Rain

misc_1495666202_rain.jpg

Daddy, in more ways than one... Rain is going to be a Daddy soon - Congratulations!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop

*** RAIN isn't perfect but I'm sure he'll be the best dad. We've heard all his interviews about being married & having a kid & from there we could tell.... KTH also is so smart.  So, both will give the child a lot of love.  Here is to successful parenthood for both.. Well, I hope he'll also write a song for their baby just like what he did for KTH.  :lol:

7 Reasons Rain and Kim Tae Hee will be the best celebrity parents ever

29c792cc-f192-4024-9677-257fbce00153.jpg

Yesterday, newlyweds Rain and Kim Tae Hee announced that they are expecting their first baby. We are all excited that another loving celebrity couple plan to share their love with their precious little one. Whether it's a boy or girl, Baby Jung is one lucky kid! Not only will they be born into a loving home, but they have two of the most talented parents ever! Any talent they inherit, their parents will no doubt help them sharpen their skills.

Let's take a look at 7 reasons why Rain and Kim Tae Hee will be the best celebrity parents ever!

Spoiler

1. They can give their child important life and relationship advice.

These two dated for five years (including 2 years of long distance when Rain enlisted in the military) before they decided it was time to wed. Their relationship example proves that patience pays off big time if both parities are serious. They are definitely quality people. 

5dfa5fcb-afe7-4197-a322-a47186e880e3.jpg

5977f635-2e0b-458e-82f6-463c117fe757.jpg

2. Rain can give their child free dance lessons.

Who can dance better than Rain? Their child will be learning from the master! If he/she ever decides to pursue a career as an idol, They could easily win any dance off. I think they would be more than anxious to learn the "LA Song" choreography. 

3. He can also throw in vocal lessons!

Dad has to be one of the best male vocalists in K-Pop today. He's a veteran who knows how to control his voice while wowing us at the same time. Singing lessons are covered with him. Check out the amazing song "Brothers & Me" he sang alongside his musical buddies Kim Tae Woo and JYP

4. Mom and Dad will be the best acting coaches.

They have acting careers spanning over a decade! There are no better tutors than people active in a field you're interested in. Their offspring has it made if he/she ever dives into the acting pool. They won't be able to learn anything they haven't already learned at home.

Take a look at these K-drama videos with Mom and Dad showing off their superior acting in Yong Pal and My Lovable Girl

5. Baby's first trip may be somewhere fabulous around the world.

The parents-to-be traveled to Bali and America for the 57th Annual Grammy Awards for their honeymoon. Not to mention, they were already world travelers before they even tied the knot in January. Baby's first trip is guaranteed to be awesome! 

638b424f-69b1-41ff-a24b-d61575fd9cdb.jpg

6. Their child's birthday parties promises to be celebrity filled events!

Rain and Kim Tae Hee have been in the industry so long their besties are fellow celebrities and idols too. Every passing K-drama or movie is another opportunity to make new lifelong friends. Birthday invites are set.

4894baea-f81e-496b-8172-2786fc8e6b81.jpg

2c0d7ad4-17f2-4a8c-a15c-575fac2e2a79.jpg

7. Most likely, Dad will dedicate a song to baby just like he did for Mom.

Days prior to Rain's romantic wedding with Kim Tae Hee, he dedicated a sweet love song to his bride-to-be. You could tell how much he treasured her by the heartfelt lyrics. Baby can only anticipate how special Dad's song will be for them.  

Which reason do you think solidifies their status as best celeb parents ever? 

5f956a29-9a1f-41fb-aa62-06a30eef1f12.jpg

source : dramafever

Spoiler

*** This is a weekly live entertainment news show that covers the latest entertainment news all about Korean celebrities and entertainment industry ... .:lol:

"Section TV" Rain and Kim Tae-hee's baby

photo852777.jpg

An imaginary idea of what Rain and Kim Tae-hee's baby would look like was broadcasted on the MBC TV show "Section TV".

The news talked about Rain and Kim Tae-hee's baby soon-to-come. Kim Tae-hee is 15 weeks pregnant. She wants a daughter to be like a friend.

The TV show made up an imaginary image of what the couple's baby would look like.

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

Translation : Hancinema

Rain & Kim Tae-hee Expecting Child

n_20170524e_02.jpg

Celebrity couple Rain and Kim Tae-hee have announced they are expecting.

According to Kim's label, the actress is about 15 weeks into her pregnancy after her January 19th wedding to singer Rain.

Kim is currently focusing on providing her child with the best prenatal care.

credit : KBS World

*** RAIN posted this clip on his IG.....Ye, waiting for your next stage performance & the upcoming movie, RAIN. The movie excites me. I hope this will succeed in the box-office. Looking forward to see him on the big screen. Finally....I’ve been waiting for his comeback whatever that is. The movie looks promising. So glad he is doing a role like this! Please be good. I know he would not fail me.  Hopefully this one will finally break the pattern -- I mean box-office-wise.....  :lol:

On JUNE 3 will be his guest appearance in 2017 Viral Fest Asia in BKK. This will be in SHOW DC OASIS OUTDOOR ARENA. Public sale of the ticket has been opened last 28 April 2017 yet. Early bird admission tickets priced at 990 baht or RM123 (General Admission) and 1,990 baht (VIP), Tickets are now available on thaiticketmajor.com. — TheHive.Asia - He’ll be with (4) Japanese performers in this show. The festival will also feature other famous Asian stars. :tongue:

Hi @willenette,

@V / Bah+Doo translated some of Rain’s IG postings. I browsed through the last few pages of this thread but did not see the Instagram Roundup : Rain. I guess you may not be aware about it and so am posting it below. :D

Hi @V

Thank you for the translation! :D

*****************************************************************************************

Instagram Roundup: Rain

May 8, 2017 

Rain-instagram-collage-2.jpg?w=700

Images from Rain’s Instagram account

My first Instagram Roundup request! I love this request because I have a soft spot in my heart for Rain (비). One of my friends had a boyfriend once and he looked just like Rain, so whenever I see Rain I always think about her and how in love she was with him once upon a time ago. #GoodMemories.

Here are some posts translated from Rain’s Instagram account. I love that Rain posts pretty often, so it was easy to find some images to add. He looks like a very down-to-earth person, much more of a down-to-earth person than his image would imply. His Instagram is filled with normal things like eating at local places and hanging out with his friends. I love that. Check it out if you have a chance.

Spoiler

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa 검흰~~
Black and white

rain_oppa #용덕 #DQ #매일 #잠 #24시간이모자라
#Yong-deuk #DQ #everyday #sleep #24hours is not enough

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #고수봉 #비 #걷기 #퓨쳐링 #라면 #홍시 #용덕#경렬
#Ko Su-bong #rain #walking #featuring #ramen
#ripped persimmon #Yong-deuk #Kyung-ryul

rain_oppa #nagoya #공연전 #먹고살아야하니 ㅠ #thanksmyfans
#Before the performance #I have to eat to live #thanksmyfans

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #미용실 #옆 #숙이 #합천 #엄복동
#Beauty salon #next #Suk-yi #Hap-chun #Umbok-dong

The second photo reads “Beauty salon”

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #봄
#Spring

Food in photo on the right:
1) Boiled pork slices or boiled pork feet slices (수육 or 족발)
2) Spicy buckwheat noodles (메밀 비빔국수)
3) Steamed rice cake garnished with peas and adzuki beans (완두팥시루떡)

rain_oppa 꼭~! 이래야만 속이 후련했냐!!!!!#장군이 #자는건지 #아닌지 #모르겠다 #무섭다
Did you really have to do this!!!!! #General (dog’s name) #sleeping #or not #I don’t know #I am scared

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa 하~ 아~ ㅋㅋㅋ #역쉬 #신나는건 #음식뿐
Ha~ Ah~ hehehe #No less #Fun thing #Only food

Food in Photo:
1) Vietnamese Poh (월남국수)
2) Plain noodle soup with Salted herring-Japanese dish (청어소면)
3) Cold noodles (냉면)
4) Salad and boiled pork slices 수육 (not sure what the fried side dish is)

rain_oppa #엄복동
#Uhm Bok-dong (His new movie. Uhm Bok-dong was a cyclist during the Japanese occupation)

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #재욱 #오랜만
#Jae-wook #It’s been a long time

rain_oppa 맘대로하이소~
Do what your heart wants~ or Do as you like~ (it is also written on the shirt Pharrell is wearing)

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #끝 #무대 #시계 #증발 #푸하하하 #날아감 :bawling: #더워#완전 #thanks #cambodiafans
#Done #stage #clock (or watch??) #evaporation # hahaha #blown off
#Hot #Really #Thanks #Cambodiafans

rain_oppa 오랜만에 만난 노을… #콘서트 #준비 #LG아트센타 #5월19~21일 #죽임 #나도감 #완전기대 #갑시다
Met Noel (K-pop group) after a while…#Concert #Preparation #LG Art Center #May 19-21 #Awesome #I am coming #Full expectation #Let’s go

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #좋은시절 #순간의행복 #식구 #우리들 #2017.3.30
#Better times # A moment of happiness #Family (식구 = shik gu, literally means blood family, but you can call any group of people shik gu if you feel close to them. It looks like he is calling his team/staff members his shik gu) #Us #2017.3.30

I think that last photo is a wonderful photo to end on. I love how it looks like they are having a wonderful time with people who care about each other. As I mentioned in the translation above, Rain calls the people in the photo his shik-gu or his family, so he must feel close to those people in real life. I hope you enjoyed this instagram roundup, if you want to see anyone else rounded up, be sure to let me know. I have Go Ara’s coming up next! Look for it sometime this week.

Source Rain_Oppa

http://www.bah-doo.com/instagram-roundup-rain/

11 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Hi @willenette,

@V / Bah+Doo translated some of Rain’s IG postings. I browsed through the last few pages of this thread but did not see the Instagram Roundup : Rain. I guess you may not be aware about it and so am posting it below. :D

Hi @V

Thank you for the translation! :D

*****************************************************************************************

Instagram Roundup: Rain

May 8, 2017

Images from Rain’s Instagram account

My first Instagram Roundup request! I love this request because I have a soft spot in my heart for Rain (비). One of my friends had a boyfriend once and he looked just like Rain, so whenever I see Rain I always think about her and how in love she was with him once upon a time ago. #GoodMemories.

Here are some posts translated from Rain’s Instagram account. I love that Rain posts pretty often, so it was easy to find some images to add. He looks like a very down-to-earth person, much more of a down-to-earth person than his image would imply. His Instagram is filled with normal things like eating at local places and hanging out with his friends. I love that. Check it out if you have a chance.

Reveal hidden contents

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa 검흰~~
Black and white

rain_oppa #용덕 #DQ #매일 #잠 #24시간이모자라
#Yong-deuk #DQ #everyday #sleep #24hours is not enough

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #고수봉 #비 #걷기 #퓨쳐링 #라면 #홍시 #용덕#경렬
#Ko Su-bong #rain #walking #featuring #ramen
#ripped persimmon #Yong-deuk #Kyung-ryul

rain_oppa #nagoya #공연전 #먹고살아야하니 ㅠ #thanksmyfans
#Before the performance #I have to eat to live #thanksmyfans

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #미용실 #옆 #숙이 #합천 #엄복동
#Beauty salon #next #Suk-yi #Hap-chun #Umbok-dong

The second photo reads “Beauty salon”

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #봄
#Spring

Food in photo on the right:
1) Boiled pork slices or boiled pork feet slices (수육 or 족발)
2) Spicy buckwheat noodles (메밀 비빔국수)
3) Steamed rice cake garnished with peas and adzuki beans (완두팥시루떡)

rain_oppa 꼭~! 이래야만 속이 후련했냐!!!!!#장군이 #자는건지 #아닌지 #모르겠다 #무섭다
Did you really have to do this!!!!! #General (dog’s name) #sleeping #or not #I don’t know #I am scared

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa 하~ 아~ ㅋㅋㅋ #역쉬 #신나는건 #음식뿐
Ha~ Ah~ hehehe #No less #Fun thing #Only food

Food in Photo:
1) Vietnamese Poh (월남국수)
2) Plain noodle soup with Salted herring-Japanese dish (청어소면)
3) Cold noodles (냉면)
4) Salad and boiled pork slices 수육 (not sure what the fried side dish is)

rain_oppa #엄복동
#Uhm Bok-dong (His new movie. Uhm Bok-dong was a cyclist during the Japanese occupation)

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #재욱 #오랜만
#Jae-wook #It’s been a long time

rain_oppa 맘대로하이소~
Do what your heart wants~ or Do as you like~ (it is also written on the shirt Pharrell is wearing)

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #끝 #무대 #시계 #증발 #푸하하하 #날아감 :bawling: #더워#완전 #thanks #cambodiafans
#Done #stage #clock (or watch??) #evaporation # hahaha #blown off
#Hot #Really #Thanks #Cambodiafans

rain_oppa 오랜만에 만난 노을… #콘서트 #준비 #LG아트센타 #5월19~21일 #죽임 #나도감 #완전기대 #갑시다
Met Noel (K-pop group) after a while…#Concert #Preparation #LG Art Center #May 19-21 #Awesome #I am coming #Full expectation #Let’s go

Rains instagram account

rain_oppa #좋은시절 #순간의행복 #식구 #우리들 #2017.3.30
#Better times # A moment of happiness #Family (식구 = shik gu, literally means blood family, but you can call any group of people shik gu if you feel close to them. It looks like he is calling his team/staff members his shik gu) #Us #2017.3.30

I think that last photo is a wonderful photo to end on. I love how it looks like they are having a wonderful time with people who care about each other. As I mentioned in the translation above, Rain calls the people in the photo his shik-gu or his family, so he must feel close to those people in real life. I hope you enjoyed this instagram roundup, if you want to see anyone else rounded up, be sure to let me know. I have Go Ara’s coming up next! Look for it sometime this week.

Source Rain_Oppa

http://www.bah-doo.com/instagram-roundup-rain/

Hi Nancyzak, hahaha - I know about this a month ago - I guess I just forgot to share this here. Thanks a lot, dear for posting it here. I really appreciate it............ Stay safe. :lol::heart:Also, thanks V for the translation. :tongue:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Go Seung Ji said:

Rain Talks About His Career As A Dancing Singer Nearing Its End + Reveals Plans To Comeback This Year

Rain attended the Viral Fest Asia 2017 in Bangkok, Thailand and answered a few interview questions before performing at the event.

He began saying, “I think my career as a dancing singer is nearing its end. That’s why I want to gift my fans with an even better song.”

“Dancing performers reach a peak in their careers like athletes. Personally, I don’t want to dance anymore when my body becomes too slow. I’ve always thought about quitting dancing when my body becomes unable to follow the beat. But in my next album, I want to show a dance that comes from my experience. One that my juniors can’t follow. I’ll probably able to show this fierce side to me about one or two times more,” he explained.

Rain also mentioned Park Jin Young, who is still active as a performer despite his age. “Park Jin Young is also doing very well as a dancing performer, but I’m getting tired. This is something I should learn from him. I’ve known him since he was in his early-twenties, and even now I’m still learning from him. His secret [to youth] is to live a regular life. Whether he sleeps at 4 a.m. or 5 a.m., he always wakes up at 8 a.m. It’s really amazing,” he said, adding, “I also work quite hard to extend my career as a performer.”

He revealed that his comeback will depend on whether or not he accepts a new drama offer he received. “If I accept the drama role I was offered, the album will probably come out in December, and if I don’t accept it, it will most likely be out in late-November. I will try to make a comeback before the year ends.”

Meanwhile, Rain is filming his new movie “Uhm Bok Dong” starring Kang Sora, Min Hyo Rin, and more.

Source (1) (2)

https://www.soompi.com/2017/06/04/rain-talks-career-dancing-singer-nearing-end-reveals-comeback-plans/

Hi Go Seung Ji, thanks for sharing this here. I feel happy that after the movie we could expect another project/drama from him. Can't wait for the release of his album. :lol:

*** This picture was posted on his IG..................... :lol:

• Like 1

Rain ‘ecstatic’ over actress wife’s pregnancy

Korean singer Rain on Sunday expressed happiness over the pregnancy of his actress wife Kim Tae-hee, saying he has always yearned for a family and he “could not be any happier now.”

Rain made the remarks during an interview in Bangkok after attending this year’s Viral Fest Asia, a digital music festival in the Thai capital. The two-day festival that started Friday brought the Korean celebrity to the Southeast Asian country for the first time in two years.

It marked the first official interview that Rain has given since he and Kim married in January.

“I am now leading a happy and pleasant life,” Rain said. “As you live, the yardstick for judging how happy you are can change. But at the moment now I’m ecstatic.”

The celebrity couple announced through Kim’s agency last month that they are expecting their first child and the 37-year-old actress is 15 weeks into her pregnancy.

Rain, whose real is name Jung Ji-hoon, is taking part in the making of the biographical drama film “Uhm Bok-dong,” which revolves around the famed cyclist Uhm Bok-dong who became a symbol of pride for Koreans when he defeated Japanese cyclists and won the championship in a bicycle race during the Japanese colonial period (1910-45).

Rain said the filming of the movie is about 40 percent done and he is expected to focus his activities on it until mid-August. “If I could star in another good drama, I expect my new album would come out in December. But if I could not, around mid-November,” he said.

During the interview, the 35-year-old singer also appeared to fret about being an old-timer as a dancing singer. “I have been developing a new kind of dancing that could show the depth of my experience and prowess in singing and dancing that younger singers will find hard to emulate,” he said.

“I think only after making aggressive approaches at least one or two times will I consider exiting the singing and dancing field.”
Rain and Kim met on a TV commercial set in 2011 and officially started dating in the fall of 2012.

Debuting as a pop singer in 2002, Rain was named one of the “100 Most Influential People” by U.S. Time magazine in 2006 and 2011. Kim is best known for her roles in Korean dramas, such as “Stairway to Heaven” (2003), “Love Story in Harvard” (2004), “Iris” (2009), “My Princess” (2011) and “Yong-pal” (2015).

Yonhap

***Oh, X-Men movie? :o Wrong timing...............

Lee Beom Soo Reveals That Rain Rejected A Hollywood Movie

Lee-Bum-Soo-Rain.jpg

Actor Lee Beom Soo sat down for an interview to talk about his upcoming movie “Uhm Bok Dong,” which he participated in producing.

He had nothing but love for the film’s lead character Rain. “I got to discover some new sides of Rain through this production. He’s very genuine and passionate when it comes to acting. I used to think he was just a celebrity, but I’ve been noticing that he has the aura of an actor,” he expressed.

He then shared, “Rain was actually cast in an X-Men movie. They asked him to start filming in July but the filming of ‘Uhm Bok Dong’ was supposed to last until the end of August, so he [stayed] with our movie. I was really thankful for his commitment.”

Are you surprised by Rain’s decision?

Source (1) / soompi news

*** Lee Beom-soo  will produce, co-write and act as cameo in this upcoming film Uhm Bok-dong. starring RAIN. It’ll be the first film produced by his own agency. :lol:

June 8, 2017

Lee Bum-soo tries his hand at being behind the scenes

[ILGAN SPORTS]

Actor Lee Bum-soo, who has long been on screen in movies and TV shows, recently took his first step behind the camera. The actor is making his debut as a movie producer with a project made possible by investments from Celltrion Entertainment, where he is the co-CEO.

The film, whose Korean title roughly translates to “Um Bok-dong, the King of the Bicycle,” is based on a story of cyclist Um Bok-dong (1892-1951).

The movie’s release date has not been announced, but it is expected to hit local theaters this year. Singer Rain and actor Kang So-ra are playing the lead roles in the movie.

“This is something new that I have never experienced,” said Lee during an interview with Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily.

He further shared his struggles becoming a producer and talked about how he now sees things differently after being at the helm of a large film.

Q. Why did you choose this script?

A.
The script I got was a story about a cyclist during the Japanese colonial rule. The story is no different from any sports movie. The story even expands to include some love stories and becomes very full. I told Celltrion’s chairman that we don’t need to do a big 1.2 billion won ($1.07 million) movie as the first movie that we make. This puts a lot of pressure on me, who is attempting to produce a film for the first time, so I wanted to start with something smaller. But the chairman said I don’t need to think too much about it, so that’s why we started.

Are you nervous?

If this movie doesn’t work, there will be some criticism about an actor producing a movie. It can be both healthy criticism and some jealousy.

As I was preparing for filming I talked to some management companies, and some weren’t so cooperative and didn’t even show [the script] to their actors. They may just want to keep an eye on [the work I do] and that was expected. I do understand why they did that. But I think it’s trivial and temporary. The result will come out in the end. Even if the first movie isn’t that big of a success, we will continue.

How do you feel about filming?

Back [when I worked as an actor], I studied acting diligently and I said, ‘Please cast me and I will do my best.’ And then I was lucky enough to earn recognition as an actor by the public. Producing seems different, [but just as I wanted to do well as an actor, I want to do well as a producer.] I wake up in the middle of the night and check things, as if I’m a student getting nervous about a college entrance exam. I do want to do well and I think I have a chance to make it work.

Spoiler

How has your opinion of what makes a “good actor” changed after becoming a producer?

I respect actors who think hard about the role that they have taken on, whether they are on a set or at home. That time spent researching their role shows through the screen. I am very thankful for that.

BY PARK JUNG-SUN [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]

Spoiler

Rain and Kim Tae-hee, drugs, break-ups and new relationships - Top 10 news

photo857192.jpg

There was continuous news about issues in the show biz in early 2017. Tops stars got married, broke up and started new relationships. Also, a few number of stars got sick and last year's THAAD issue still limits Hallyu access in China today.

- Rain and Kim Tae-hee, Joo Sang-wook and Cha Ye-ryeon get married

Top stars started getting married from early this year.

Singer and actor Rain and actress Kim Tae-hee got married in top secret in Seoul on the 19th of January. They started seeing each other in 2013 and got married 5 years later. Even their managements didn't know they were getting married. Now Kim Tae-hee is 15 weeks pregnant.

(skipped unrelated.....)

Source : joynews.inews24.com/p...

Translation : Hancinema