Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

*** How come people/reporters want so much for a wedding announcement, huh? And I don’t also understand that Media and other people want them to break up..... Hahaha – Ahhh.......people be patient! In the meantime, CHILL! :P

Rain and Kim Tae Hee's wedding date is set?

Kim-Tae-Hee-Rain_1447990643_af_org.jpg

Is Rain and Kim Tae Hee's wedding date actually finalized this time? The newest reports are saying their wedding will take place on Christmas Eve this year. But alas, the reports are not true once again.

On November 20 KST, Woman Sense reported that both Rain and Kim Tae Hee adjusted their schedules so that they could be wed in Korea on December 24. 

But both sides have quickly denied the rumor.

Kim Tae Hee's company representative stated, "A wedding? [The rumor] is groundless."

Rain's side stated, "This is something Rain doesn't even know about himself."

The two have been dating for nearly 2 years now, and media outlets and netizens alike have been wondering when the two will tie the knot.

source : allkpop

Hi everyone,

Thanks Dears willenette and azuvilla for all the news and updating.  :)

I saw this news in dramafever though it was shared here before, but it's not bad to read a new version.  :P 

Rain has a new leading lady! What do you think of him being paired with Kang So Ra?

Kang So Ra joins Rain for upcoming drama Hello My Precious Person

by Vivi on Fri, Nov 13, 2015

4be936a8-baf1-4c4f-ad23-961ba14c0258.png

It looks like Kang So Ra and Rain will be costars for the upcoming SBS series Hello My Precious Person (working title; previously called Goodbye My Beloved), an adaptation of the Japanese novel Mr. Tsubakiyama’s Seven Days (Tsubakiyama Kacho no Nanokakan) by Asada Jiro.

A representative from Kang So Ra's agency made the following statement about her participation: "Kang Sora has been thinking a lot about what her next project would be, and she chose Hello My Precious Person. Everyone can look forward to this romantic comedy with Rain." 

The story follows a workaholic store manager who dies on the job. He is granted seven days to possess another body and wrap up his business on earth. While the initial reports on the series indicated that the manager would enter Rain's body, this latest casting news clarifies that the drama will actually follow the plot of the original novel, where he possesses a beautiful twenty-something-year-old woman (Kang So Ra). Even better for the K-drama hijinks!

Kim Soo Ro (A Gentleman's Dignity) is in talks to play the salaryman who wreaks havoc on Kang So Ra's life when he takes over her body.

What do you think of a Kang So Ra/ Rain pairing? Some of you may recall that Rain originally considered the lead role opposite Kang So Ra in Jeju Island Gatsby, so people who were disappointed when he dropped out back then should be happy to see the two together now!

Thie Link:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/kang-so-ra-joins-rain-for-upcoming-drama-hello-my-precious-person/

All have a good weekend. :)

Hi everyone,

Thanks Dears willenette and azuvilla for all the news and updating.  :)

I saw this news in dramafever though it was shared here before, but it's not bad to read a new version.  :P 

Rain has a new leading lady! What do you think of him being paired with Kang So Ra?

Kang So Ra joins Rain for upcoming drama Hello My Precious Person

by Vivi on Fri, Nov 13, 2015

It looks like Kang So Ra and Rain will be costars for the upcoming SBS series Hello My Precious Person (working title; previously called Goodbye My Beloved), an adaptation of the Japanese novel Mr. Tsubakiyama’s Seven Days (Tsubakiyama Kacho no Nanokakan) by Asada Jiro.

A representative from Kang So Ra's agency made the following statement about her participation: "Kang Sora has been thinking a lot about what her next project would be, and she chose Hello My Precious Person. Everyone can look forward to this romantic comedy with Rain." 

The story follows a workaholic store manager who dies on the job. He is granted seven days to possess another body and wrap up his business on earth. While the initial reports on the series indicated that the manager would enter Rain's body, this latest casting news clarifies that the drama will actually follow the plot of the original novel, where he possesses a beautiful twenty-something-year-old woman (Kang So Ra). Even better for the K-drama hijinks!

Kim Soo Ro (A Gentleman's Dignity) is in talks to play the salaryman who wreaks havoc on Kang So Ra's life when he takes over her body.

What do you think of a Kang So Ra/ Rain pairing? Some of you may recall that Rain originally considered the lead role opposite Kang So Ra in Jeju Island Gatsby, so people who were disappointed when he dropped out back then should be happy to see the two together now!

Thie Link:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/kang-so-ra-joins-rain-for-upcoming-drama-hello-my-precious-person/

All have a good weekend. :)

Hi minoomani, NICE to see/read your post here again. Thanks for sharing this here. But, RAIN hasn't confirmed this yet if he's taking it. It`s time for him to have a good project this time so, in case he's taking this I hope it’ll do well. I’m excited again to see him in a new project and a K-drama at that! Needless to say- I love RAIN and I really enjoyed all his projects, hit or not. GO RAIN! :P

15-10-28 Rain @ TEQ Celebrates 20 years in korea event 

Credit Jutty Kim FB / ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

11221686_1038540849510827_84766347292113

151120 stylistmj instagram_11/19 Rain @ Brisbane

credit : scorpiola - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

stylistmj.
#헝그리베스트5
#호주극기훈련
#내마음속엔호주가ON-AIR되고있다.

11350698_955997844495669_128745426_n.jpg

Rice Garland Donation at December 11

cr. huhuhuhu@rain-cloud  2015.11.21

It has been 4 years since Rain last held concerts in his hometown Seoul.  We are all waiting eagerly for "The Squall 2015 - 2016 Rain in Seoul" coming December 11 to 13.   We hope world clouds and fans will gather in Seoul to cheer for Rain in those days.

The Cloud will also do its best support by organising rice garlands at the December 11th concert.  We hope world clouds and fans will participate in this initiative.  Notice about this should come out in due course.

At the same time, we believe it is a good opportunity to invite some less fortunate teenagers to watch Rain's concert.  Rain is more than an idol, he is a role model to many young people.  We hope by donating concert tickets to those teenagers, they can appreciate and be inspired by Rain's hard work and dedication.  This may be carried out as individual initiative as discussion is still going on about this. 

If you would like to support the rice garland donation, please make your contribution via paypal.  Paypal account: heidi.shanghai@hotmail.com.  Please specify your country so that we could group individual rice garland donors by country.  For rice garland donation in the name of fan clubs, I will liaise with your representatives about the price, design and messages of your garland/s.  Please email me at raincloudworld@gmail.com so that we could work out the details.

You can make your concert ticket donation together with your donation for rice garlands, but please specify if you are doing so.  

Deadline for payment: 5 December 2015.

Let's all do our best to give Rain our greatest love and support!

------------------------------------

[21-Nov-15][Soompi]Rain Promises to Reveal Wedding News Himself to His Fans

rain%2836%29.jpg

00000000000000000000000%285%29.jpg

Rain took to his Instagram on November 21 to open up to his fans about his wedding rumors with actress Kim Tae Hee.

He writes:

“Hello, this is Rain, Jung Ji Hoon. It’s gotten very cold lately. Please watch out for flu. There have been several times where news articles were written about [our] impending marriage and confusing everyone. I decided to write this because I feel it’s right for you to hear straight from me. Marriage is a once in a lifetime event. It’s a huge event for the couple involved. Because of its magnitude, I believe it’s right for me to tell my fans directly when that happens. I believe that’s showing my respect to you all and my long time fans. From now on, please do not believe anything you hear unless you hear it directly from me. Thank you.”

Rain and Kim Tae Hee publicized their relationship back in January of 2013. The report from November 20 is the fourth time rumors about their wedding came up.

Meanwhile, Rain plans to meet with his fans on December 11 through 13 at “The Squall 2015-2016 Rain in Seoul” inside the SK Handball Gymnasium located at Seoul Olympic Park. Kim Tae Hee is currently taking some time off since her latest drama “Yong Pal” wrapped up recently.

source soompi

-------------------------------

Rain personally denies several bouts of marriage rumors

November 20, 2015

201511211115774657_564fd6d2ba809_99_2015

Article: Rain opens up about rumors of marriage, "I'll announce it myself, please don't believe it until then"

Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+4,110, -57] The trash journalists are the problem for writing up articles without checking the facts

2. [+3,623, -49] Yeah you trash journalists, why are you setting the wedding date for them ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+2,787, -49] The journalists are the problem. Why would they randomly announce that they're getting married on Christmas Eve when they never even said that? Rain has a Chinese concert on the 26th and they're both religious so why would they get married on the Eve? At least check their schedules before making up your information.

4. [+199, -8] Imagine how annoyed he was that he opened up about it himself ㅋ

5. [+181, -4] Really must be frustrating to have articles made up about you when you never mentioned anything;;

6. [+161, -5] It's such an important next step for them for both the couple and their fans, it's unfair for journalists to just make up stuff about it for their own profit

7. [+161, -6] Yup, don't believe anything till they announce it themselves

8. [+151, -6] It's even funnier because the articles made it sound like Rain was desperate to get married too and that he was the one leaking all these rumors ㅋㅋ So unfortunate for him

Source:http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/11/rain-personally-denies-several-bouts-of.html

--------------------------------

15-11-20 Rain in Brisbane

Credit   roccopark90/ratoka@rain-cloud

https://www.instagram.com/p/-TEYvKy63J/

uuuuuuuuu.jpg

credit piggystingray

https://www.instagram.com/p/-RQfYTTLrR/

zz2.jpg

zz1%281%29.jpg

-----------------------------------------------

151120 hamilton brisbane

credit:scorpiola@rain-cloud

aus_adam#브리즈번 #해밀턴
하늘은 맑은데 비가 왔다

12224227_1503273069968913_130996462_n.jp

-------------------------------------------------

15-11-00 The Squall Rain World Tour 

Credit  婷婷Kitty208  Weibo/ratoka@rain-cloud

ccc.jpg

Credit  婷婷Kitty208  Weibo

----------------------------------------------

[Fancam]151120 Rain @ City Botanic Gardens in Brisbane

https://www.instagram.com/p/-TbX3PwNwb/?taken-by=heeya_4182

Hi azuvilla, thanks for sharing some updates here. You know, I literally LOL when I read the news last week about the wedding & mentioning that it would be on Christmas Eve - hahaha - I guess the one who started writing this rumor is shipping them that he/she can't wait. Ahhh...journalists they're making up stories again. I feel that it's not the right time yet for RAIN to get married. Good that he steps up this time. It seems that he's upset about this stuff. I like KTH for RAIN but for me there's a right time for everything.  Well, for both of them, FIGHTING! :lol:

*** RAIN’s body is so lean & fit right now but muscles are so visible, which I don’t really dig. It seems that he’s getting back to NA days.....I want the sexy-type, with a little meat – hahaha. I don’t find it a killer. :P

15-11-22 Rain @ Twitter

credit : ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

RT @29rain

#Cairns #rain#비 #thesquall#concert https://instagram.com/p/-ZAgIbpSie/ 

wwwwww%282%29.jpg

Rain and Kim deny wedding

Singer-actor Rain and actress Kim Tae-hee have denied wedding rumors on Friday.

“Woman Sense,” a monthly women’s magazine, reported in its December edition which came out early on Friday that the two will hold a wedding outside Seoul on Christmas Eve. It said the wedding would only be open to family and close friends.

The magazine added the two decided to get married on Dec. 24 because Rain will soon go on a world concert tour and Kim is scheduled to begin shooting a film. They reportedly set a date for the wedding before they became busy.

Responding to the news, agencies of both Rain and Kim said it was a “groundless rumor.”

The couple is often referred to as Korea’s answer to Brangelina, a portmanteau referring to Hollywood power couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

The two confirmed their romantic relationship in January 2013 and have been seeing each other for three years.

BY SUNG SO-YOUNG

credit : JoongAngDaily

*** Gen 2 hands down. I got into K-pop at the start of them. And the amount of eye candy...in this group, wahhh.  They still look handsome up to now. Most of my biases are in gen 2. They are the best! :P

POLL: Which Generation Had The Best Visuals? (Male Edition)

Our ideals are constantly changing as current trends and fashion styles are always evolving. Our standards of beauty and glamour have changed since the early days of K-Pop but unfortunately, not everyone agrees that the change is for the better. Take a look at the different phases that the K-Pop industry has undergone visually and decide for yourself. Do you like the direction we're going in?

Which generation appeals to you the most?

(skipped unrelated.....)

Generation 2 (Early to mid 2000's)

Top-left to bottom-right:

Big Bang T.O.P, Jaejoong, Super Junior Siwon,

Rain, Hyun Joong, Tablo
Kangta_1448061147_Gen_2.png

LINK to Vote : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/11/poll-which-generation-had-the-best-visuals-male-edition

151121 Wellcarefit维卡菲 Rain catalogue

维卡菲总代rain家clouds大院

ed633c5cjw1ey8hd0uh45j20dc0hsju2.jpg

15-11-23 澳大利亚昆士兰旅游 Weibo_Rain in Queensland 11/19

credit 澳大利亚昆士兰旅游 Weibo / ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

近日,昆士兰最热词#Rain来了# ,可城中阳光明媚,云高风清,哪来的雨?原来是wuli#昆士兰旅游大使# @RAIN-JIHOON 亲临阳光之州。在布里斯班机场的欢迎仪式上,Rain一身黑色,微笑迷人,就连考拉君也被Oppa的魅力深深吸引;在布里斯班河畔,休闲打扮的Oppa静静的感受着这座活力之都,画面太美~[爱你]

00000000%281%29.jpg

0000.jpg

Rain and Kim Tae Hee Deny Rumors of a Christmas Eve Wedding

Rain and Kim Tae Hee′s respective agencies have shut down rumors of a Christmas Eve wedding.

A rep from Kim Tae Hee′s agency, Lua Entertainment, stated to eNEWS24 on November 20, "Kim Tae Hee is definitely not getting married."

Rain and Kim Tae Hee Deny Rumors of a Christmas Eve Wedding

The rep continued, "We′re checking why such an article went out. They′re dating, but reports that they′ve set a wedding date for that day is clearly false."

A rep from Rain′s agency also stated, "The Woman Sense report is not true. It doesn′t make sense that they′re having a wedding that neither of them know about on that day."

Earlier today, one media outlet released an exclusive report that a monthly magazine hitting newsstands on November 22 is going to announce that Rain and Kim Tae Hee are getting married. The report stated that Rain and Kim Tae Hee are going to tie the knot in a quiet wedding with close acquaintances on Christmas Eve. However, both parties have denied the reports.

Meanwhile, Kim Tae Hee and Rain, who met on the set of a commercial shoot, have been dating since 2013. Although wedding rumors regarding the couple have flared up in the past, they turned out to be false.

Photo credit: eNEWS DB / enews

Kim Tae Hee And Rain Deny Christmas Wedding Rumors

Rain and Kim Tae Hee

A Christmas Eve wedding would have been lovely. Maybe that's why it was easy to picture singer-atcor Rain and actress Kim Tae Hee exchanging vows in a church all decked out for the holidays, Except that this rumor, like so many previous rumors, is not true, say the agencies representing both stars.

LINK : http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/106207/20151120/kim-tae-hee-and-rain-deny-christmas-wedding-rumors.htm

Rumor about RAIN & Kim Tae Hee's marriage breaks out again

A rumor about RAIN and Kim Tae Hee's marriage broke out again.

On November 20th, a representative of RAIN's management agency said, "The rumor about RAIN and Kim Tae Hee's marriage is completely false. We are just speechless about the rumor."

Earlier, a Korean magazine reported that RAIN and Kim Tae Hee's wedding ceremony will be held at overseas on December 24th.

RAIN and Kim Tae Hee had admitted their romantic relationship to the public in January 2013, and the rumor about their marriage first broke out in July 2014.

The rumor broke out for five times so far, and many people have been predicting that the two should be getting married soon.

Meanwhile, RAIN and Kim Tae Hee met each other for the first time when they participated in a commercial together in 2011.

Rumor about RAIN & Kim Tae Hee's marriage breaks out again

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Kim Tae Hee and Rain Deny Reports of a Christmas Eve Wedding

weok1.jpg

Time for another update on the love life of top Korean star couple Rain and Kim Tae Hee. Many of the famous couplings that have shocked K-ent in the three years since these two open the flood gates three years ago have called it quits, yet brainy Kim Tae Hee and brawny Rain continue to chug along. I really didn’t think they were ill-matched, and actually felt they must have been quite serious to admit so readily to finding love with each other.

Being in their thirties has also made the media turn on wedding watch immediately after they started dating, only to keep heating up whenever one buys a house or when Rain converted to Kim Tae Hee’s faith of Catholicism. The latest on dit is that the couple is planning to tie the knot this Christmas Eve on December 24th, which sounds super romantic and all. But Kim Tae Hee’s agency quickly refuted that report and claims she’s got no plans to get married on that date. Bummer for me as a fan, I was so hoping to ogle gorgeous wedding pictures.

weok.jpg

It wouldn’t be a surprise if they did get married according to this report, but chose to deny it now and try to keep it under wraps. Won Bin and Lee Na Young did that earlier this year and held a very personal wedding in the countryside. Somehow I see an ornate church wedding for Kim Tae Hee and Rain, with lots of candles and flowers.

source : http://koalasplayground.com/2015/11/20/kim-tae-hee-and-rain-deny-reports-of-a-christmas-even-wedding/

Rain denies Christmas wedding rumors

Singer and actor Rain, who has been mired in rumors he and his actress girlfriend Kim Tae-hee will marry in December, strongly rejected the notion and said he will speak out when the wedding is forthcoming.

“(One’s) wedding is an important matter in life, the reason is that it’s so important for people directly concerned,” Rain said on his Instagram account Saturday. “I will tell you personally if such an important and big decision is made. I think that is the most appropriate for you and my long-lasting fans.”

Rain (OSEN)

“I am writing this (message) because I thought it was right for me to voice out since there have been many reports about my (impending) marriage, causing confusion for many people,” he said. “Please don’t believe anything that doesn’t come from my mouth.”

There have been many rumors and reports of their nuptials this year, but each time, the two have denied the rumors. Earlier Friday, a local magazine reported the couple would get married on Christmas Eve in a private ceremony.

Rain, 33, and Kim, 35, met while shooting a TV commercial together in 2011 and began dating in the fall of 2012. Their relationship was revealed in January 2013.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

15-11-23 Rain Picture

credit Rainy Ent. FB / ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

12244693_1212182795462538_65473164203696

151123 kaienlovefit instagram_Rain in Queensland

kaienlovefit

Don't know how to describe where this photo credits from #rain #가수비 #birain #rainbi #Queensland #qpop #정지훈

11939382_1521421128170797_493177674_n.jp

MORE --

15-11-21 Rain in Queensland

credit cruisegoldcoast ins / ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

K-Pop star Rain from South Korea on "Life's Good" with Cruise Gold Coast Pty Ltd for a photo shoot & private fun cruise. We promised you these photos!! K-Pop Rain was called in by the Queensland government to help entice South Koreans to visit the Sunshine State & boost tourist numbers. Tourism and Events Queensland will work in partnership with Korean Air to promote flight & holiday packages to Queensland. Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, is considered one of South Korea’s biggest pop stars both at home and internationally. 26f5.png www.CruiseGC.com. #thisisqueensland #qpop#visitgoldcoast #MarinaMirage #CruiseGoldCoast #goldcoastcruises#GoldCoastTourism #sheritonmirage #goldcoastcruises#goldcoastboatcharter

https://www.instagram.com/p/-VapkyDfsD/

"Life's Good" being prepared for an overseas celebrity for a photo shoot & private cruise. These are three photos but you can't see who it is! Very hush, hush & if you follow our company social media, once we have been authorised by them, we will post & say who it was. 26f5.png www.CruiseGC.com. #MarinaMirage#CruiseGoldCoast #goldcoastcruises #GoldCoastTourism #sheritonmirage#goldcoastcruises #goldcoastboatcharter

https://www.instagram.com/p/-aZRdeDfte/

https://www.instagram.com/p/-aZL66jftY/

K-Pop star Rain from South Korea on "Life's Good" with Cruise Gold Coast Pty Ltd for a photo shoot & private fun cruise. We promised you these photos!! K-Pop Rain was called in by the Queensland government to help entice South Koreans to visit the Sunshine State & boost tourist numbers. Tourism and Events Queensland will work in partnership with Korean Air to promote flight & holiday packages to Queensland. Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, is considered one of South Korea’s biggest pop stars both at home and internationally. 26f5.png www.CruiseGC.com. #thisisqueensland #qpop#visitgoldcoast #MarinaMirage #CruiseGoldCoast #goldcoastcruises#GoldCoastTourism #sheritonmirage #goldcoastcruises#goldcoastboatcharter

o3%287%29.jpg

o2%288%29.jpg

o1%2810%29.jpg

*** This is the poster for November 28 event – Trends Inspire City Festival, a fashion festival. This will be in Xiamen International Conference Center. :P

15-11-23  2015中国城市时尚盛典_Rain Poster 

credit : ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

source http://www.icaijing.com/fashion/article5092902/

source http://wx.shenchuang.com/article/2015-11-23/1308359.html

y3%2812%29.jpg

y4%284%29.jpg

Y2%2819%29.jpg

Y1%2827%29.jpg

15-11-23 Rain Message_2015城市时尚盛典

credit 时尚03959409 / ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTM5Mzk1OTE2MA==.html

Wow! Singer Rain's sexy muscular body

16173_1.jpg

Singer Rain posted a photo he took overseas on his Instagram on November 22nd.

In the released photo, singer Rain is enjoying a peaceful time at a hotel swimming pool in Australia. He matched sunglass and snap back, and he shook women's hearts with sexy muscles.

Meantime, singer Rain and his lover Kim Tae-Hee were on issue with marriage rumor. Rain is holding 'The Squall 2015~2016 RAIN in SEOUL' at SK Handball Stadium from December 11th to 13th. [Photo=Rain Instagram]

source : Innolife.co.kr

Rice Garland Donation at December 11

cr. huhuhuhu@rain-cloud  2015.11.21

It has been 4 years since Rain last held concerts in his hometown Seoul.  We are all waiting eagerly for "The Squall 2015 - 2016 Rain in Seoul" coming December 11 to 13.   We hope world clouds and fans will gather in Seoul to cheer for Rain in those days.

The Cloud will also do its best support by organising rice garlands at the December 11th concert.  We hope world clouds and fans will participate in this initiative.  Notice about this should come out in due course.

At the same time, we believe it is a good opportunity to invite some less fortunate teenagers to watch Rain's concert.  Rain is more than an idol, he is a role model to many young people.  We hope by donating concert tickets to those teenagers, they can appreciate and be inspired by Rain's hard work and dedication.  This may be carried out as individual initiative as discussion is still going on about this. 

If you would like to support the rice garland donation, please make your contribution via paypal.  Paypal account: heidi.shanghai@hotmail.com.  Please specify your country so that we could group individual rice garland donors by country.  For rice garland donation in the name of fan clubs, I will liaise with your representatives about the price, design and messages of your garland/s.  Please email me at raincloudworld@gmail.com so that we could work out the details.

You can make your concert ticket donation together with your donation for rice garlands, but please specify if you are doing so.  

Deadline for payment: 5 December 2015.

Let's all do our best to give Rain our greatest love and support!

Hi azuvilla, thanks for sharing this. I heard that just like some previous years, they’ve chosen garland company Dreame Co. again where the rice garlands can be ordered & this will be displayed outside the concert venue. The rice garland will be donated to charities that feed hungry children and the less fortunate, in Rain’s name.:P

[Eng Trans][Red Robot - Intelligent Distribution] 15-11-24 K-Pop's Rain (비) Visits APT8

[Red Robot - Intelligent Distribution] 15-11-24 K-Pop's Rain (비) Visits APT8 

credit Red Robot - Intelligent Distributio/ ratoka - http://rain-cloud.co.kr/

Korea's mega music sensation, Rain 비, visits APT8 as part of his role as Queensland ambassador

It's a destination best known for its sunshine, but Brisbane and the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) in Brisbane welcomed Rain with open arms today as one of K-Pop's biggest stars checked out a contemporary exhibition from the Asia Pacific region as part of his visit to Queensland as its official ambassador.

Wrapping up his final days at a restaurant overlooking the Brisbane river, Jung Ji-hoon or Rain as he's best known, said he had an incredible stay in Queensland and a great day at the 8th Asia Pacific Triennial (APT8), looking at works by more than 80 contemporary artists from the region.

English translation

source http://www.redrobot.org/uncategorized/k-pops-mega-music-sensation-rain-visits-queensland/

K-Pop’s Mega Music Sensation Rain (비) Visits Queensland

Korea’s mega music sensation, Rain (비), visits APT8 as part of his role as Queensland ambassador.

It’s a destination best known for its sunshine, but Brisbane and the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) in Brisbane welcomed Rain with open arms today as one of K-Pop’s biggest stars checked out a contemporary exhibition from the Asia Pacific region as part of his visit to Queensland as its official ambassador.

Wrapping up his final days at a restaurant overlooking the Brisbane river, Jung Ji-hoon or Rain as he’s best known, said he had an incredible stay in Queensland and a great day at the 8th Asia Pacific Triennial (APT8), looking at works by more than 80 contemporary artists from the region.

“My time is Queensland was incredible including my visit to APT8 which showed beautiful art, including an installation from Korean artist Choi Jeong Hwa, from Korea.

The singer-songwriter, actor and music producer is to Korea and Asia what Justin Timberlake is to pop music in the United States.

Rain travelled to Queensland as the official tourism ambassador for Queensland to help launch QPop, a new tourism marketing campaign to entice more Korean and Asian travelers to visit the Great Barrier Reef state.

That includes ticking off a bucket list of high-energy adventures like climbing 323m above sea level to the top of Skypoint on the Gold Coast, sailing in the Pacific Ocean, visiting South Bank in Brisbane, and cuddling one of the state’s most loveable locals, Cinnamon the koala. As a well-known foodie, Rain also made time to hit Brisbane’s best restaurants and dine on the local seafood.

“I had an awesome time in Queensland including Brisbane, Gold Coast and Cairns. I want to come back to get to know this place more,” he said.

The 8th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT8) is the world’s largest exhibition of new art from Australia, Asia and the Pacific, with works by more than 80 artists reflecting the expanding creative diversity of the region.

This year the APT explores how the human form can express cultural, social and political ideas. Major commissions include a sprawling structural installation of reclaimed timber by India’s Asim Waqif and a mesmerising suspended sculpture by South Korea’s Haegue Yang. The 8th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art runs from 21 Nov 2015 until 10 Apr 2016,

Rain is a highly-respected singer and actor in the Korean entertainment industry, and is considered a worldwide star throughout Asia, Europe and North America. He has headlined several Korean television series, Korean and Chinese movies and featured in American films including Ninja Assassin (2009) for which he was the first Korean to win an MTV award. In 2011, he was crowned by Time 100 Poll Magazine Readers as the world’s most influential person.

Shows: 

00:00 Rain meets ‘Cinnamon’ the Koala from Dreamworld on the Gold Caost, upon his arrival into Queensland

00:30 Rain arrives at Queensland Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA) to visit the 8th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art (APT8)

00:48 Rain meets Korean artist Chai Jeong Hwa.

01:03 Rain visits Choi Jeong Hwa’s installation called ‘The Mandala of Flowers’

01:22 shots of ‘The Mandala of Flowers’ with people enjoying the installation

01:59 Shots of an installation by another Korean artist Haegue Yang.  The installation is called ‘Sol LeWitt Upside Down – Open Modular Cubes (Small), Expanded 943 Times’

02:20 Vision of other APT8 exhibits

02:48 Interview with Rain

Question is – Why are you here in Queensland?

Answer – ‘I personally like Queensland. I have heard there is a lot of different cultural experiences and a lot of food and wine to enjoy. There are a lot of things to do and enjoy. I came to QLD one year ago for Running Man. I enjoyed it a lot. This year, TEQ (Tourism and Events Queensland) and TA (Tourism Australia) invited me to come as Queensland Ambassador, this is an honour to come to Queensland for this opportunity’.

03:32 Question 2 – How would you describe Queensland?

Answer – ‘There is a lot of culture in Queensland it is very pretty with nature and the natural environment. I visited a number of places; the Park, Art Gallery, it was the perfect place to enjoy your holiday. I tried a lot of different food and I especially enjoyed the Eat Street Markets. I had a really good time at the Markets with my friends and eating nice food and meeting people. And as you can see with my backdrop, the City itself is quite pretty with the bridge and nice view.’

04:33 Question 3 – What did you think about the APT8

Answer 3 – ‘I was pleasantly surprised when I visited the Queensland Art Gallery, especially when I met the Korean Artist Mr Choi Jung Hwa. I was so proud of him as a

fellow Korean in that moment and I thank him for his hard work. I was delighted that I came across Korean art on display in a famous Queensland Brisbane Art Gallery.

05:18 Question 4 – Do you have any recommendations for your fans to do in Queensland

Answer 4 – ‘What I enjoyed the most, I liked the scenic views and the nature. I find this place very scenic with a pure environment.

I posted 2 times on my social channel, one is at Southbank park in Brisbane, and one in Cairns, where the sky meets the sea. I find in Queensland you can actually enjoy nature. You should try and relax and have a good time. You need to go to see the Koalas. When I came here for Running Man shooting I went to the Koala Park. It was so fun. I would like to make a recommendation that you do this. If you want to enjoy nature, learn more about natures. Queensland is the best place.’

06:26 Rain visits famous Eat Street Markets

*** This is for Seoul concert. :P

[Rain Company Notice]15-11-27 안내] The Squall 서울콘서트 공지

vvvvvvvvvv.jpg?width=750

[안내] The Squall 서울콘서트 공지

안녕하세요, 구름 팬 여러분~ 레인컴퍼니입니다.

곧 다가오는 월드투어 서울 콘서트에서는 꽃 화환을 정중히 거절합니다.
꽃 화환을 대신하여 다가오는 연말에 불우한 이웃들에게 작은 도움을 드리는 것이 더 나은 일이라 생각하여 정중히 거절하니 이 점 양해 부탁합니다.
감사합니다.

레인컴퍼니 드림.

Hi, World Cloud, this is RainCompany,

Respectfully decline to flower wreaths in the upcoming world tour concert.
In a better way than Flower wreaths, is giving you a little help for needy neighbors at the year-end with this thought of you understand this point, please.

Thanks,

From RainCompany on behalf of Rain

source http://www.raincompany.co.kr/n2/notice_view.php?page=1&No=484&a.../ memo-rain

*** Additional schedule of RAIN :

Dec 5RAIN will attend MIGU Music Award/ Chengdu University of Electronic Science and Technology Qingshuihe Campus Stadium.