Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

141221 12/28 "上海广场之夜盛大庆典" poster

141228 "上海广场之夜盛大庆典Shanghai Plaza Night Festival" @ 上饶奥体中心(Shangrao Olympic Sports Center)

Credit: 上海广场之 @ weixinscorpiola@rain-cloud

1412220146b04109dc1460b043.jpg

-------------------------------

141214 Rain @ 大福屋DAIFUKUYA Ramen Restaurant in Shanghai Xintiandi 

Credit: as tagged/scorpiola@rain-cloud

005W3Er9jw1enhjwdqh0xj30xc18gtcz.jpg

005W3Er9jw1enhjwjqpdoj30xc18g0y4.jpg

005W3Er9jw1enhjwktlbrj30hs0vkgn8.jpg

41223 Arirang TV_Showbiz Korea_RAIN NAMED ‘STYLE ICON OF THE YEAR’ 한류 스타 비, 중국서 ‘올해의 스타일 인물’ 선정

Credit: ARIRANG KPOP/scorpiola

Showbiz Korea Ep990-RAIN NAMED ‘STYLE ICON OF THE YEAR’ 한류 스타 비, 중국서 ‘올해의 스타일 인물’ 선정

----------------------------------------

[Fancam]14-12-00 Rain @ Diamond Lover Set

credit 云雨相随rain  weibo

http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:e2d992512471a84994f24bdede41801f

10885393_881020621931846_588417630113729

class="single__title entry-title"10 Stunningly Gorgeous Men & Women of K-Pop

Beyond the music itself, it’s the faces of Kpop that fans recognize and covet. Who are the men and women in K-pop known for both their good looks as well as dance & singing prowess?

Check out these total beauties, who look like they descended from the heavens above! Here’s our list of 10 Stunningly Gorgeous Men & Women of K-Pop!

Rain

A singer, dancer, and actor, this guy's a triple threat that also happens to have perfectly chiseled abs.

10850000_1594519597436646_57460427461476

Source:http://www.koreaboo.com/spotlight/10-stunningly-gorgeous-men-women-k-pop/

------------------------------------------------

14-12-23 Rain Diamond Lover pictures 

credit 电视剧克拉恋人 weibo/ratoka

c1%2843%29.jpg

c2%2824%29.jpg

[info] Where to find Dazed & Confused Korea's January 2015 issue.

Source:rain-cloud

[Cross-posted from Cloud USA / written by Stephe ^@@^]

ShopKPlazaRAINDazedandConfusedJan2015_CU

(Cover and images source: shop.k-plaza.com)

As most of you already know, Rain is being featured in and on the cover of fashion, art, and culture magazine Dazed & Confused Korea (#81) for January 2015. It would be wonderful to be able to read his interview, but alas, it's all in Korean. ㅜ_ㅜ

But since when has the language barrier stopped us all from wanting a piece of the Rain pie? It hasn't! Ever! :)

So, if you so desire and aren't overseas to pick one up on a newsstand, you can order this issue from online shopping sites all over the Internet. I'm not telling you to order at any of these links. I'm merely letting you know what I've found:

» YesAsia North America   » Innolife     » K-Plaza

» YesAsia Global     » eBay, via Philo and Phil

itemprop="name"Casual, stylish Rain brings in the new year for Dazed & Confused Magazine Korea.

by Stephe Thornton on Tue, Dec 23, 2014

ShopKPlazaRAINDazedandConfusedJan2015_B_

The fine folks over at fashion, art, and culture magazine Dazed & Confused Korea are ringing in their new year right. Their January 2015 (#81) issue features multi-tasking, mega-entertainer Rain

The general reaction from fashion watchers and from Rain fans alike suggests that his casual style and handsome charm does leave one dazed, though definitely not confused. :) 

It doesn't matter if you're talking about silk pajamas, long dark coats, clothes to lounge around in, or the Adidas tennis shoes that he recently donated to a Star Auction for Charity at M-Plaza. He makes it all look good

Don't you agree?

ShopKPlazaRAINDazedandConfusedJan2015_CU

ShopKPlazaRAINDazedandConfusedJan2015_D_

ShopKPlazaRAINDazedandConfusedJan2015_C_

2495.jpg
1597.jpg

2689.jpg

Because of his killer schedule, Rain (a.k.a. Jung Ji Hoon) went directly from the airport to the site of the shoot, so as you can imagine, he was pretty exhausted. (No wonder he looked so comfortable flat on his back.) Back on the 18th, he took to his Instagram and posted a Dazed image while showing that his sense of humor still holds strong. 

"Hmm, hadn't slept for 24 hours, so I couldn't open my eyes well at that time... I guess that's why I look better in the picture," he said. LOL!

HHHH3.jpg

This issue of Dazed & Confused Korea is on sale on overseas newsstands and online shopping sites now. If only we could read his interview! But it's all in Korean. 

In other news, Rain is busy flying between China, Belgium, and Korea for the filming of his upcoming Chinese TV drama Diamond Lover and received the 2014 Style Icon Award at the Asian Couture Federation Gala in Singapore earlier this month.

Source:http://www.dramafever.com/news/casual-stylish-rain-brings-in-the-new-year-for-dazed--confused-

class="titleNews"Cube Entertainment Passes Preliminary Screening to Be Listed on KOSDAQ

S0urce:mwave/enewsworld

Cube Entertainment has received an approval from the KOSDAQ’s (Korean Securities Dealers Automated Quotations) preliminary screening.

On December 24, Korea Exchange approved Cube Entertainment’s preliminary screening for the new KOSDAQ market certificate. On December 24, Cube declared its leap as a global contents company by going public on the KOSDAQ market, joining hands with Woori Special Purpose Acquisition Company No. 2 (WooriSpec No. 2).

Cube has discovered and trained global content, such as 4Minute, B2ST, G.Na, BTOB, Trouble Maker, No Ji Hoon, Shin Ji Hoon, Oh Ye Ri and more and currently houses the singer and actor Rain (Jung Ji Hoon), comedian Kim Giri, actor Kwak Seung Nam, Jo Seo Ha and Na Jong Chan. Since it was established in 2008, Cube has become a leading company in the world of K-pop with its systematic training and promotion systems, worldwide networks and strategic alliance.

Cube Entertainment Passes Preliminary Screening to Be Listed on KOSDAQ

Cube began 2014 with a successful comeback of Rain, followed by active promotions of 4Minute, B2ST, BTOB, Hyuna and G.Na in and out of Korea. B2ST, which recorded winning first place on music programs most frequently this year, proved its popularity in Japanese market while BTOB also set outstanding records during its Japan debut. In 2015, Cube will carry out active promotions throughout Asia, which requires the strategic promotions of the Japanese and Chinese markets, and debut a new group with members of different nationalities.

President Hong Seung Sung of Cube Entertainment stated, “Through this KOSDAQ certificate, we’ve gained the power to further develop the internal and external capacities of the global contents, which have been growing steeply since the company’s establishment in 2008,” and added, “We will continue to support the artists’ sustainable growth to set the foundation for the long-term development and focus on strengthening the global competitiveness through diversification of overseas business.”

Photo credit: Cube Entertainment

14-12-24 Rain Diamond Lover Picture

cr.memo-rain

005RlWK6jw1enl1llugixj30qo0hrt9a.jpg?wid

credit 电视剧-克拉恋人 weibo

#克拉恋人#非常有意境的图噢 圣诞节前夜的礼物是不是很赞 还有更多好图官博要私藏着慢慢发哒[哈哈]

---------------------------------

14-12-24 Rain @ Diamond Lover Set

oi.jpg?width=750

credit @影视娱乐宣传 weibo

由DMG娱乐与@东开影视投资 联手打造的都市励志偶像剧《#克拉小姐# 》正在紧张拍摄中,圣诞节福利送到,片场最新出炉照,[喵喵]不要问我从哪里来,发我图的人在远方。@RAIN-JIHOON

------------------------------------------

[24-Dec-14][kpopfighting]Cube Entertainment to be listed on KOSDAQ after clearing preliminary screening

ik.jpg

It has been reported that the Korea Exchange has approved Cube Entertainment‘s application to be listed on the KOSDAQ (Korean Securities Dealers Automated Quotations), after the entertainment agency cleared a preliminary screening.

Cube Entertainment currently manages artists like Rain, 4minuteBEASTG.NaBTOB, No Ji Hoon, Shin Ji Hoon, Oh Ye Ri, comedian Kim Giri, actor Kwak Seung Nam, and many others. Since its establishment in 2008, Cube Entertainment has grown rapidly and become a force in the Asian market, with its extensive production experience, systematic training, and promotion systems.

The agency started the year with Rain’s comeback, which was then followed by promotions by 4minute, BEAST, BTOB, and G.NA in and out of Korea. Cube Entertainment also gradually became a major entertainment agency in Korea. BEAST not only proved its popularity in Korea by winning numerous first places on music programs, but also showed impressive results in the Japanese market. Cube Entertainment is preparing to explore the Asian market even further next year, through carrying out strategic promotions in China and Japan, and there are also plans to produce a new group with members of various nationalities.

President Hong Seung Sung of Cube Entertainment expressed, “With the approval of our application to be listed on the KOSDAQ, our agency has gained further strength in strengthening the internal and external capacities of the global contents since the agency’s founding in 2008. We will continue to give our artists the fullest support for their long-term development, and strengthen their global competitiveness through our multiple overseas ventures.”

By: Alvin
source KpopFighting

14-12-24 Rain LAviva Picture (樂維飲冰果茶)

credit LAviva乐维饮冰果茶 weibo/ratoka

#LAviva,圣诞FUN启来#圣诞将至,还没想好怎么FUN?乐先生特邀男神RAIN与大家共度暖心圣诞节!即日起至12月31日,只需为RAIN戴上独具创意的圣诞帽并拍照发布微博并@LAviva乐维饮冰果茶 即有机会获得LAviva冰果茶一箱!千载难逢“招戴”男神的机会,不亲眼见证肿么行!

y1%2812%29.jpg

y2%284%29.jpg

----------------------------------------

141224 LAviva picture

Ctredit" LAviva乐维饮冰果茶 @ weixin/scorpiola@rain-cloud

0CA0V98SX.jpg

0%2840%29.jpg

Dazed & Confused Interview English Translation

Source:

http://kr.dazeddigital.com/2014/12/24/new-division/

English and Chinese translation by huhuhuhu@rain-cloud

New Division

Jung Ji Hoon’s teenage was filled with pride.  His 20s was filled with passion.  Now he is enjoying his smooth 30s.

1%28615%29.jpg

2%28411%29.jpg

What do you do when you are at home?

Home is where you can perfectly rest.  I spend half of the 365 days year overseas, half of the 24 hours day working outside.  Therefore home is a place where I don’t need to think of anything but just rest comfortably.

You want to design your home to be the best resting place.

My only greed is a huge TV, which is a necessity to me.  There are lots of expensive and nice furniture, but I am not interested.  I don’t care too much about interior design, and I don’t have the time.  I leave this job to my sister who majors in this.

Sometimes you will cook?

I eat a lot outside so sometimes I get tired of it.  When this happens I will cook at home.  If there isn’t any ingredient then I use sweet potatoes instead.  Not long ago I dried sweet potatoes for 3 days.  They were semi dry, very chewy and delicious.  I was seriously concerned if I should sell them.

You were overseas until this morning?

I had schedules in Malaysia and Singapore.  Slept on the plane and came here directly for the photography.

You achieved so much but there was no sign of being exhausted.

Who wouldn’t be like that in order not to miss a good job and a good opportunity? Although I also wish to walk a comfortable path, I feel that is very dangerous.  Most people will classify actors into categories: good acting, good visual, outstanding star quality.  As for myself, I wish to be an actor who knows how to choose his work.  To become like that I still lack a lot.  Therefore when I shot “My Lovely Girl” I started with basic training on pronunciation and vocalization.

3%28366%29.jpg

Is this because you haven’t acted for a long time?

It’s true I didn’t do it for a few years, but still it was something I should do.  I cannot accept not having the basic skills of pronunciation and vocalization.  One could still explain when one just started to do drama series, but now I don’t want to do anything I myself, or the audience, would feel ashamed.

What do you think of the balance between domestic and overseas work?

It has been 10 years since I started acting, and now I am clear that I would like to try roles which have nothing to do with the box office.  Despite that I am bound by my schedules, I try my best to do what I want to do.  Even though you think of topical works and box office in the beginning, nobody really knows what the result will be.  I will not be over ambitious, but will naturally expand my spectrum and my career.  In my early debut years, if I worked hard but things did not go the direction that I wanted, I would blame myself and felt being wronged.  But now, what is important to me is to show what my role needs to show and finish it well.

“Debut  number of years” “30s” do you feel free about these numbers?

If we think in the way of a big corporation, then I think my current position is division head, where as Jin Young hyun and Hyun Suk hyun are CEOs.  I still have a long way to move upwards.  However there are also many juniors who are about to strive forward.   I feel I need to work harder than now to secure my position, so that I could do a good job as the one in the middle.

Times have changed things right?

I started as a dancer in the name of Rain in 1999.  It’s 14 years since my debut.  I had peak times like the blade of a sharp knife.  Now when I fall, even if I fall, I know how to get up again.  Internally we changed from analogue age to digital age, and we benefited from the special k-pop current.

4%28338%29.jpg

Of the things you do constantly, which is most skilled?

Dancing and acting.  I couldn’t think of others.

And what you feel not familiar no matter what you do?

Taking photos.  Originally I don’t even take selfies much, thinking that it was just a momentary image.  Recently I enjoyed it a bit.

How would you summarize briefly your 10s, 20s, and 30s?

My 10s was venomous, 20s was passionate, in my 30s I want to be soft and tender.

You gave an example of big corporation just now.  How do you compare yourself to the characters in the drama “Misaeng”?

Manager Oh.  The type who will scold when he should , teach as he should, and protect when he should?

First time being called “uncle” in your work.

I played the role of Daddy Long Legs in the drama “My Lovely Girl”.  There is a 12 years age gap between me and the female lead Krystal, so of course I am being called uncle.  I don’t have particular feelings about that.

5%28298%29.jpg

Actor with constant overseas projects.

I am grateful that I receive good proposals constantly, including those from Hollywood.  The more this goes on the more thoughts come to me.   Probably due to the strong action skills in my lead role movie “Ninja Assassin”, I received many proposals to be an action actor.  But I feel changes are necessary, and I want to show my different sides.  I want to play various roles, even if they are supporting roles.  I want to do a romantic comedy.

You are starting to expand your spectrum in China.

My first Chinese movie “For Love or Money” was shown in China recently.  Director Gao Xi Xi achieved great success in his drama “The Three Kingdom”.  Crystal Liu is one of the representing female actresses in China.  It was my fortune to work with them.  I feel that if I continue to do this, then I can become an actor who is not restricted by nationality, and not being labeled as an overseas actor.

6%28275%29.jpg

Any director or actors whom you want to work with?

I hope to shoot a movie with Director Park  Chan Wook again.  I also hope to learn from my seniors and work more with them together.

You mentioned that meeting Producer JYP and meeting the Wachowskis were two turning points in your life.  Are you waiting for a third one?

May be the third one has already come.  And it also occurred to me too that may be it will not come. Recently I am very happy, very satisfied.  I can sing when I want to sing, and I can choose good projects.

You have already started a new project.

I will shoot “Diamond Lover” directed by Chen Ming Zhang.  I will go to China in a couple of days and will stay there for 3 months.  I don’t know the schedule.  I am the kind of person who moves as I am told to come and go, haha.

You haven’t stopped and rest at all.

I did have the thought that I won’t do anything after shooting “My Lovely Girl”.  But then I received proposal to shoot “Diamond Lover” and I have to do it.  Now I made up my mind to take a rest after this drama, but who knows if a good project will come up in March.

7%28251%29.jpg

If you were given  one month holiday starting tomorrow, what would you do?

I would go to the U.S.A.  I could wander around freely.  USA is a country with things to see and to learn.  I am not the type of person who could just sit and rest and do nothing.  Looks like I need to start thinking about my next album.

What will be the changes in 2015?

My 2014 is like I have a fresh debut again.  If 2014 is the stage to relax my body, then in 2015 I want to do things I have not done before, and do interesting things.  That’s why today I am shooting dopey style photos.

8%28239%29.jpg

14-12-25 Rain Diamond Lover picture

source http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA3NjQ3NzMzMA==&mid=201723610&idx=1&sn=96b99f11184b2daefb9bf9a2d4c39b41&3rd=MzA3MDU4NTYzMw==&scene=6#rd

cr.ratoka@rain-cloud

6%28273%29.jpg

---------------------------------------------

Celebrity, Fashion, Magazine December 25, 2014 class="entry-title single-title" More Of Rain For Dazed & Confused Korea’s January 2015 Issue Source:couch=kimchi

http://couch-kimchi.com/2014/12/25/more-of-rain-for-dazed-confused-koreas-january-2015-issue/