Jung Ji Hoon * 정지훈 * 鄭智薰 * (aka Rain/Bi / 비 / ピ) I [Upcoming Drama 2024] Red Swan

Nancyzak

Rain on teaching materials again^^
credit : huhuhuhu / DC

1. Looks like the Korean Department of Language and Literature used "Rain" to explore the language and its connotations.  The content seems to have a lot of depth.  No wonder the headline says "Let's purify our hearts with Rain before we start"^^. Over to those Korean language pros to fully digest this one^^

3553078797_c0b9a6ae_viewimageM-78%283%29

3553078797_c291facb_viewimageM-136%282%2

3553078797_7f9181c6_viewimageM-15%282%29

2. If the Korean Department of Language and Literature materials are too difficult for us, what about this?^^ Let's Talk English Conversation ^^

3553078797_9d2adb7b_viewimageM-6%282%29.

So proud of our prince!! So proud being his Cloud!!

Cube Entertainment and iHQ Become Strategic Partners

Aiming towards becoming the number one company in the business world, Cube Entertainment and iHQ arranged a strategic partnership.

On September 17, Cube Entertainment stated, “Cube Entertainment sold 9001 shares (50.01%) worth 16.5 million won to iHQ, forming the partnership.”

Cube Entertainment’s chairman, Hong Seung Sung will continue to hold 28 percent of the shares but plans on investing 2 billion won towards iHQ’s convertible bonds to strength the synergy effect. In addition, Cube Entertainment’s largest shareholder, Universal Music will keep its 11 percent and continue its global contents distribution.

46305002.jpg

Cube Entertainment was created in 2008, becoming one of the four global K-Pop brand companies alongside SM, YG, and JYP. Currently, the company holds 4minute, B2ST, G.Na, BTOB, and comedian Kim Ki Lee. In Cube DC, an affiliate of Cube Entertainment, Rain, Noh Ji Hoon, Shin Ji Hoon, and actor Kwak Seung Nam are currently signed. In terms of managed and contents, Cube Entertainment has come out as one of the strongest companies in the entertainment business world.

The Cube-iHQ alliance, which was created by businessmen who started off as artist managers, can change the general music industry that was created by businessmen who were singres first.

Chairman Jung Woon Tak stepped into the music industry as Cho Yong Pil’s manager. He produced Kim Boo Yong, Cho Kyu Man, g.o.d, and handled the management of Jeon Ji Hyun, Jung Woo Sung, and Jang Kyu. Currently under him in iHQ are Jay Park and 2EYES, with a new boyband in planning.

Chairman Hong Seung Sung started off as a producer and director of the board in the largest music company in the 90s, giving birth to singers like Lee Ye Rin, Park Jin Young, Jeon Ram Hwe, Kim Dong Ryul, Park Ki Young, and Lyn.

From 2001, he and Park Jin Young raised up JYP Entertainment, producing Rain, Park Jin Young, Park Ji Yoon, 2PM, 2AM, and Wonder Girls.

“With a strong music company like Cube, and a strong drama, movie production and management company like iHQ, we will create an opportunity to become the number one company in the business world,” said Cube Entertainment CEO, Park Choong Min. “This partnership will be a stepping stone to helping Cube Entertainment set up a new plan for the music industry and grow to be a global multi-entertainment company.

iHQ’s CEO, Jeon Yong Joo also stated, “iHQ’s first major project will be to strengthen the global music business with Cube Entertainment and become Korea’s front man for content syndication groups.”

Photo Credit: Cube Entertainment / enewsworld

***This was what I've read this morning, mentioning that he officially signed with Cube DC yesterday. Good, that we got the full translation of this article. :))

[17-Sep-13][Mydaily]Rain formally signs an exclusive contract with Cube DC on the 16th.

%EC%B2%B4%EA%B2%B0.jpg

Singer Rain formally signed an exclusive contract with Cube DC, a subsidiary of Cube Entertainment.

A Cube Entertainment official told Mydaily on the 17th, "Rain formally signed an exclusive contract with Cube DC yesterday (the 16th). Rain who had made a verbal contract with 'Hong Seung-sung', the CEO of Cube Entertainment, was in talks to work with Cube DC, and the contract went on without hitch."

Following, "Currently, singer 'Noh Ji-hoon', singer 'Shin Ji-hoon', the winner of SBS TV's 'Super Star K2' competition, actor 'Kwak Seung-nam', including Rain and so on, belong to Cube DC."

Meanwhile, 'Cube' where Rain belongs and 'IHQ' which is a holding company specializing in the content business, have been in strategic partnership, and Cube is trying to expand its business.

Credit to : My daily http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=117&aid=0002375890

English translation by 화니

Rain Officially Signs with Cube DC

Gearing up his return as a musician, Rain officially stamped his contract with Cube Entertainment’s label company, Cube DC

33758037.jpg

On September 17, Cube Entertainment announced that Rain official signed onto the company on September 16.

Rain is now a part of Cube DC, which also houses Roh Ji Hoon, Kwang Seung Nam, and Jung Ji Hoon, while Cube Entertainment manages B2ST, 4minute, G.Na, BTOB, and comedian Kim Ki Lee.

The announcement that Rain will be joining Cube was announced in May with chairman Hong Seung Sung.

Meanwhile, Cube Entertainment and iHQ established a strategic partnership on September 17.

Photo Credit: enews DB

Source:enewsworld

class="entry-title"CUBE Entertainment Forms Strategic Partnership with IHQ Posted on 2013/09/17

2013091712483612398-615x409.jpg

From left, Park Chung-min, the president of CUBE Entertainment, Hong Seung-song, the chairman of CUBE Entertainment, Jung Hoon-tak, the chairperson of IHQ and Jun Yong-joo, the president of IHQ. [CUBE Entertainment, IHQ]

Major K-pop agency CUBE Entertainment and Korean actors’ management firm IHQ have built a strategic alliance, taking a shot at the No. 1 global entertainment company.

CUBE Entertainment sold 50.01% of its stock for 16.5 billion Korean Won (approximately 15.1 million U.S. Dollars) to IHQ to consolidate the strategic partnership, CUBE announced in a statement Tuesday.

CUBE’s president Hong Seung-seong, the former manager to giant K-pop producer, secures his existing stake of 28% and is set to invest 2 billion Won (approx 1.8 million Dollars) to IHQ’s convertible bond by means of intensifying synergy between two firms.

Universal Music, the formerly largest shareholder of CUBE, holds 11% of CUBE’s stock, explained the K-pop agency which has been considered as No. 4 in the market following so-called Big 3 —SM, YG and JYP Entertainment.

CUBE Entertainment is a home of K-pop idols 4minute, BEAST, G.NA, BTOB and comedian Kim Ki-lee, including K-pop big name Rain in its subsidiary firm CUBE DC.

Hong Seung-seong, who had discovered K-pop talents J.Y. Park and LYn, is one of the co-founder of JYP Entertainment with singer/producer J.Y. Park in 2001, producing numerous stars such as, Rain, Park Ji-yoon, 2PM, 2AM and Wonder Girls.

IHQ’s president Jung Hoon-tak stepped into the entertainment scene as a manger of K-pop legend Cho Yong-pil, scouting and training idol group god, one of the first-generation boy bands.

Korean hip-hop musician Jay Park and rookie girl group 2EYES are currently active as IHQ’s artists, while the firm is set to introduce a new boy band this fall.

IHQ also takes charge of Korean star actors’ career including Jang Hyuk, Hwang Jeong-eum, Kim Woo-bin, Lee Sang-yeob, Lee Soo-hyuk and Lee Yubi.

Source:@tenasia.co.kr

Courtesy of CUBE Entertainment, IHQ

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD.

anjjo said: class="entry-title"CUBE Entertainment Forms Strategic Partnership with IHQ Posted on 2013/09/17

2013091712483612398-615x409.jpg

From left, Park Chung-min, the president of CUBE Entertainment, Hong Seung-song, the chairman of CUBE Entertainment, Jung Hoon-tak, the chairperson of IHQ and Jun Yong-joo, the president of IHQ. [CUBE Entertainment, IHQ]

Major K-pop agency CUBE Entertainment and Korean actors’ management firm IHQ have built a strategic alliance, taking a shot at the No. 1 global entertainment company.

CUBE Entertainment sold 50.01% of its stock for 16.5 billion Korean Won (approximately 15.1 million U.S. Dollars) to IHQ to consolidate the strategic partnership, CUBE announced in a statement Tuesday.

CUBE’s president Hong Seung-seong, the former manager to giant K-pop producer, secures his existing stake of 28% and is set to invest 2 billion Won (approx 1.8 million Dollars) to IHQ’s convertible bond by means of intensifying synergy between two firms.

Universal Music, the formerly largest shareholder of CUBE, holds 11% of CUBE’s stock, explained the K-pop agency which has been considered as No. 4 in the market following so-called Big 3 —SM, YG and JYP Entertainment.

CUBE Entertainment is a home of K-pop idols 4minute, BEAST, G.NA, BTOB and comedian Kim Ki-lee, including K-pop big name Rain in its subsidiary firm CUBE DC.

Hong Seung-seong, who had discovered K-pop talents J.Y. Park and LYn, is one of the co-founder of JYP Entertainment with singer/producer J.Y. Park in 2001, producing numerous stars such as, Rain, Park Ji-yoon, 2PM, 2AM and Wonder Girls.

IHQ’s president Jung Hoon-tak stepped into the entertainment scene as a manger of K-pop legend Cho Yong-pil, scouting and training idol group god, one of the first-generation boy bands.

Korean hip-hop musician Jay Park and rookie girl group 2EYES are currently active as IHQ’s artists, while the firm is set to introduce a new boy band this fall.

IHQ also takes charge of Korean star actors’ career including Jang Hyuk, Hwang Jeong-eum, Kim Woo-bin, Lee Sang-yeob, Lee Soo-hyuk and Lee Yubi.

Nancyzak said: @anjjo,

The 7 Rainmakers was the first documentary on Rain that I watched. If I could recall correctly, there were 2 women named, i.e. Rain's mother and the lady who worked at a radio station, who interviewed Rain and then ended up listening and talking to him, after she inadvertently asked of his mother. Everyone knows how Rain refers to his mother as his "faith", but the lady at the radio station seems to me to have struck a chord of longing in Rain by her motherly firgure and genteel demeanour, with full of understanding and kind words. I wonder whether she is still featured in Rain's life now.

It was Rain's hair with wavy bangs and him in glasses that have left such a good visual impact on me. The production could have had him in that hair style and tied back in the shoots, rather than the straight hair cut which made his already thin face longer. I suppose of the two hairstyles, the latter looks meaner for his NA character.   ;):P:D

Rain officially signs contract with Cube DC

September 17, 2013

Rain-cube-entertainment_1379432013_af_or

Cube Entertainment has been making some strides in the business world.  Just today, they formed a strategic partnership with iHQ, a holding company that specializes in contents and now there's more good news.  

SEE ALSO: Cube Entertainment forms strategic partnership with iHQ in aims of becoming the top company in the entertainment field

Cube Entertainment revealed that famous singer and actor Rain officially signed a contract with Cube Entertainment's sub-label, Cube DC, which is also affiliated with Noh Ji Hoon, Shin Ji Hoon, and Kwak Seung Nam

Although Rain had no concrete contract with Cube Entertainment before, he had been doing some work with the company already.  Now that he has made it official, people are interested to see what activities Rain may take on in the future.

In relation to the iHQ and Cube Entertainment partnership, the former is planning on releasing a new boy group to add to their list of artists, which include Jay Park and girl group 2EYES.

A representative of Cube Entertainment revealed the company's interest in becoming the foremost entertainment enterprise in Korea with the help of this new partnership.  It also hopes to eventually expand globally.  A representative of iHQ acknowledged their shared interests in becoming a global company, saying that iHQ will try its best to achieve these goals.

Source:allkpop

-------------------------------------------------

[09-17] 130917 Y-Star_Star News_Rain signed exclusive contract with CUBE DC

Credit: ystarnews

class="articletitle"Hi willenette, I read that today is the beginning of SK's 5-day Chuseok, Happy Chuseok Holiday to you, Nancyzak, cocomhe, mayabi25 and to all!   :)

class="articletitle"K-pop Triple Threats: CL, Jay Park, Raindfd46dd2fde36ec5c61bb0c81362d076.jpg

Pic source:as tagged

September 17, 2013

They can sing, they can rap, they can dance, what can't they do! Triple threats are rare in the K-pop industry, mostly because it takes raw talent and hard work to be one! Every member in K-pop group is always assigned a job-they're either the main dancer, main vocalist, main rapper but to be all three is major! Let's take a look at the some of the triple threats who kick some major booty in K-pop!

skipped  .     .       .     .     .

Who can forget Rain? Rain, Korea's ultimate superstar. The man was born to entertain and though he's frolicking in lala love land with Kim Tae Hee currently, Rain has proven over the course of his career that he can do it all. Have you seen this man dance? They haven't dubbed him the Korean Usher for no reason. Also, he's got a pretty voice and his rapping skills are on par too! God really "rained" some extra talent on Rain before he was born didn't he? Bad pun? Sorry.

Pls. read its entirety@ http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/41782/20130917/k-pop-triple-threats-cl-jay-park-rain.htm
:)

Nancyzak said: @anjjo,

The 7 Rainmakers was the first documentary on Rain that I watched. If I could recall correctly, there were 2 women named, i.e. Rain's mother and the lady who worked at a radio station, who interviewed Rain and then ended up listening and talking to him, after she inadvertently asked of his mother. Everyone knows how Rain refers to his mother as his "faith", but the lady at the radio station seems to me to have struck a chord of longing in Rain by her motherly firgure and genteel demeanour, with full of understanding and kind words. I wonder whether she is still featured in Rain's life now.

It was Rain's hair with wavy bangs and him in glasses that have left such a good visual impact on me. The production could have had him in that hair style and tied back in the shoots, rather than the straight hair cut which made his already thin face longer. I suppose of the two hairstyles, the latter looks meaner for his NA character.   ;):P:D

anjjo said: class="entry-title"CUBE Entertainment Forms Strategic Partnership with IHQ Posted on 2013/09/17

anjjo said:
I also have the feeling that this powerful merger will strengthen Rain's comeback and no stones left unturned for his success once his career go full blast in Korea.  With this new management, I guess Rain is starting to be busy with the preparation of his activities.  There is news of a fan meeting but no concrete info yet.  :)>- :)) :D

willenette said:
anjjo said:
Hi Nancyzak, when interviewed then and asked about his religion, Rain would answer that he has none and his mother is his God, but now, though indirectly, I read that he is a Christian and followed sister Hana's faith.  Sometimes, you'll notice that he was wearing a crucifix .  He is so devoted to his mother that in all the difficult times and even in good ones,  he always visit his mother's grave for guidance.   :)

Nancyzak said:

I was, as usual, checking out ockoala's blog and saw her following article on Rain which is pretty alright. As I had problem in copying, I decided to post the link. There are some negative comments by few commentators (as at the time I posted this article). Skip them or let me know if there is a preference for deletion of this link, for which I shall gladly do so.  ;):D

http://koalasplayground.com/2013/09/16/rain-performs-in-music-festival-in-thailand-for-first-post-military-outing/#more-44590

RAIN officially signs with Cube DC

rain.jpg
Singer and actor Rain officially signed a contract with Cube Entertainment’s sub-label, Cube DC.

On September 17, Cube Entertainment announced that Rain official signed with Cube DC on September 16.

The announcement that Rain will be joining Cube was first announced back in May prior to his discharge in the army last July. He had a verbal agreement with Cube Entertainment Representative Hong Seung Song on his recruitment.

Rain is now under Cube DC, which is also affiliated with Noh Ji Hoon, Shin Ji Hoon and Kwak Seung Nam.

source : dailykpopnews